|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Blessed vs. Cursed (DDQ)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Exile any number of target creatures you control. Return those cards to the battlefield under their owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
|Have (16)||ironax , sneferie , Mousemke , jstn.mrrtt , Fairseas , Epidilius , Va1mar , itheoryz , ducttapedeckbox , OneEyedKing , Horizon97 , rockleemyhero , conker3009 , , CAPT.Shock , Nemesis|
|Want (10)||jkpker , Zidon , yeoldsmithy , hotmaildotcom1 , Karkelo , facepalmmuted , rightturner , ferretgr , Drops , Malachy_|
Eerie Interlude Discussion
6 days ago
Some thoughts: Frilled Mystic , Great Oak Guardian , Mizzium Meddler , Plaxmanta , Mystic Snake , and Selfless Squire all need to reenter the battlefield immediately for maximum effect. You have Deadeye Navigator and Temur Sabertooth only for that, with 0 tutors for either. I suggest either investing in more cloudshift effects, or taking most of the weaker of those out.
I also see Guardian Project as reasonable, but also strongly suggest Soul of the Harvest as in the utility creature deck, a high p/t blocker that also generates card advantage is very worthwhile as an investment.
With Ghostway and Eerie Interlude , Eternal Witness and friends are a very good investment. additionally, with so many low power dudes, Reveillark is amazing, and can help reduce tension for some of the issues with my first point, as reveillark triggers when it leaves, returning the desired dorkos immediately. Also consider Thragtusk , as swagboy is hilarious blink value, and can gain 10-20 life easy in a game, 3/3 blockers aside.
While cultivate and kodama's reach are great, in a blink deck, I strongly recommend Wood elves, even in a budget build it can grab the WG tango and cycling land.
Last point, run more card advantage. Mulldrifter can be evoked, the sac trigger responded to with roon activation for 5 mana draw 4 and keep fish alive. Cloudblazer might also be worthwhile though I never tested it myself.
3 weeks ago
The rule of thumb I've seen for Gishath (and it probably applies elsewhere) is that you never want to spend more than 2 mana for every 1 mana you get in ramp. For example, your Fertilid ultimately costs 7 mana for 2 lands. That's awful. Any of the Signets in your maybe list are more efficient. Plus, he's not even a Dinosaur, so he's not helping you there either. I would suggest Boros Signet based on your mana costs.
When you can afford it, I would swap Eerie Interlude for Noxious Revival . You can put a dinosaur on top of your library at instant speed and get it back on the field on a Gishath trigger. You can even put Gishath back out off her own trigger the turn she died.
3 weeks ago
Here are some cards you can try out:
- Devoted Caretaker
- Torpor Orb
- Tocatli Honor Guard
- Spelltithe Enforcer
- Phyrexian Revoker
- Harsh Mentor
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar
- Grand Abolisher
- Gorilla Shaman
- Leonin Arbiter
The thing about going the hatebears route is that it is adjusted to your meta, how is your meta been like? I would also say going heavy in the Sunforger route would be great. Including cards like Wear / Tear , Chaos Warp , Oblation , Forsake the Worldly , Teferi's Protection , Tithe , Comeuppance , Faith's Reward , Lapse of Certainty , Rebuff the Wicked , Ghostway , and Eerie Interlude .
Hope that gives you some ideas you can toy around with!
3 weeks ago
Well, the idea for the Mistveil Plains was to be able to recur things other than your creatures but you don't have a ton of shuffle effects so you're not likely to have much of a chance to see some of the sweet instants, sorceries, sacced Hedron Archive , etc. a second time. Mistveil functions much better in Boros tucking instants pulled out with Sunforger back into the library to be used again.
You do have enough boardwipes to justify using Avacyn as your commander but that cuts back on the reanimator theme a bit which is one I really like. Marshal's Anthem could expand on that theme. Eerie Interlude could flicker your commander or Karmic Guide [or other ETB creatures] for a slew of triggers all at once.
3 weeks ago
I like your build, I was also toying with having a Petitioner EDH for the fun factor.
Also a nice card to have could be Strionic Resonator .
One minor point, you cannot use Talisman of Dominance , because it also generates black mana.
3 weeks ago
Gidgetimer Valid points about this being a "Tokens deck".
I'm also keen to test out the new card from RNA Unbreakable Formation .
Relooking at the strategy through the "token lens", I may be trying out Eerie Interlude and Unbreakable Formation . The former still offers protection against mass bounce effects (e.g. Cyclonic Rift , Evacuation , Wash Out , Engulf the Shore ) and the option to select which creature(s) I blink grants me the flexibility to protect my key non-token creatures from single target exile spells.
3 weeks ago
I've been piloting a Selesnya tokens deck helmed by Shalai, Voice of Plenty :
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 39 | 34 COMMENTS | 3197 VIEWS | IN 8 FOLDERS
The core strategy of the deck is to create plenty of tokens and go wide, thus I've included a handful of cards to protect my creatures from the nemesis of all "Go Wide" strategies - Board Wipes.
Indestructible protects my tokens from board wipes but Blink doesn't. The latter offers protection against Cyclonic Rift , which is a staple in most decks with blue.
Seeking the wisdom of the community on which of these effects, would be better for the deck and why. Feel free to give your comments, suggestions and feedback. Thanks in advance for the help!
4 weeks ago
- Cut 2 or 3 lands. You run 10 ramp without counting doublers. Or cut like 2 lands and 2 ramp.
- Courser of Kruphix Not a dino, just play ramp
- Oracle of Mul Daya Not a dino, just play ramp
- Reclamation Sage Not a dino, dino does it better
- Sakura-Tribe Elder Not a dino, replace with ramp, dino ramp
- Sky Terror Too vanilla, replace with ramp or dino ramp
- Scroll Rack You did this in Narset, wasn't tht great
- Eerie Interlude Not enough ETBs to count, if this is to dodge wraths boros charm and heroic intervention are better.
- Cacophodon I'm not seeing where you are going to benefit from untapping a single target
- Path of Mettle Flip
- Sylvan Library it's a great card, but I think you are trying to just ramp and get your value off your commander.
- Mana Geyser To me this is best in mono red or in something with X spells.
- Wayward Swordtooth Not that great in EDH
- Raging Regisaur it's in here for ping i think, you didn't seem to keen on it.
- Privileged Position
- Asceticism this and priv pos are both for protecting, with your 90 haste enablers I'm not sure i'd worry about protecting.
- Neheb, the Eternal If this is here to go infinite/near infinite with Aggravated Assault run the whole busted mana package that goes infinite with it (or at least more than just 1) Sword of Feast and Famine , Druids' Repository , Bear Umbra , Grand Warlord Radha , Savage Ventmaw
- Whispersilk Cloak Only having one of this effect seems odd
- Signets - I like the new lockets better. More mana but later on you can sac them to draw cards. Up to you
- Atzocan Seer idk, feel like i'd rather just kodama's reach. HIs second ability could be relevant.
You're missing a bunch of the best dinosaur cards in my opinion
- Commune with Dinosaurs Early gets a land, late gets a dino. Always replaces itself.
- Thundering Spineback Only a 5/5 but is an anthem and makes more dinos
- Carnage Tyrant Literally the best dinosaur ever printed, has all of the keywords you'd ever want on it but haste
- Burning Sun's Avatar Bolts something, bolts someone, and is costed correctly
- Rampaging Ferocidon So good it's banned in standard, shuts down other creature based decks. Can hurt you but likely you are winning if this is hurting.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar If you wanna flip your deck, why not gain all the life at the same time
- Runic Armasaur It's a dino, it's prison, it's got better stats than it's mana
- Overgrown Armasaur Reclamation sage-esque but on a dino
- Kindred Summons 7 mana, basically same as your creatures, and can double your creature count at EOT....
- Overwhelming Stampede Your average power is like 10 in this deck, +10/+10 and trample on everything ends games.
- Naya Charm First mode is meh, second mode can be good, third mode allows you to take out someone
- Charging Monstrosaur haste and trample and on curve
- Bellowing Aegisaur This thing gets huge fast, but doesn't have trample
- Iroas, God of Victory Not a dino, but is combat relevant, makes it easier for your dinos to get through and win
That gets you no where near where you need to be. To me you have too many enchantments might look there more.
Eerie Interlude occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.01%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.17%
W/U (Azorius): 0.19%
GWU (Bant): 0.18%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.09%
RBW (Mardu): 0.06%