Creature — Elf
Other Elf creatures get +1/+1 and have forestwalk. (They're unblockable as long as defending player controls a Forest.)
|Have (2)||Forkbeard , metalmagic|
|Want (2)||AmishRobotics , nawj|
Printings View all
|Duels of the Planeswalkers (DPA)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Rare|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Rare|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Elvish Champion occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Elvish Champion Discussion
2 weeks ago
1 month ago
Interesting deck build. I think 4 Ezuri, Renegade Leader is a little overkill since you can only have one out at a time. And Skarrg Goliath and Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre. There's a lot of useful elves not in here I think you could benefit from like Elvish Archdruid, Elvish Champion, or Lys Alana Huntmaster
3 months ago
Getting rid of Gigantiform is a wise idea! Usually an Elf-deck's strength lies in the 'Power by numbers': Lots and lots of tiny pointy eared creatures with great synergy. But that's not the case for your deck I believe. Right now I think it's somewhere inbetween 'Power by numbers' and 'Power by power'. For example, the Allosaurus Rider is straight forward power depending on the number of forests in play whereas Lys Alana Huntmaster and Elvish Archdruid depend on playing lots and lots of Elves. In my personal experience I tend to make "the choice" (meaning 'the concept' or 'the theme' or 'the strategie') before I start building the deck and, more importantly, from that point on, stick by that choice as if my life depended on it! Otherwise you'll end up switching things forever only to end up every time with "in between"-decks. So, before changing anything, I believe you first have to make your choice my friend ;). ONE concept, in ONE word or sentence. No more, no less...
Nevertheless, here are 3 suggestions I'd consider changing regardless your choice:
Ramp = Speed! And since you're going Aggro, that's what you'll want. You've got 3 mana dorks so far:Arbor Elf To speed things up you'll want at least (!) 8. So I suggest you add some old-school Llanowar Elves or Elvish Mystic. In case it won't be "Power by numbers" at all or if you're afraid of WOG's, Arbor Elf + Wild Growth is a great combo! And don't forget Wood Elves! Nature's Lore and Skyshroud Claim ofcourse are also solid WOG-proof ;)
I saw this Japanese movie called 'The Immortal Blade' or something. Anyway, this warrior said: "80% of winning consists out of blocking your opponent's moves!" Now, 80% is a bit much in MtG, but 0% won't work either. You need removal spells and/or creatures. Lots of possibilities out there. Return to Nature, Reclamation Sage are a few good examples.
This one's one of my favorites: Song of the Dryads + Elvish Champion PLUS it fits well with the need for Removal. Song of the Dryads is one of the best Removal-spells out there. Firest of all it's an enchantment, few colors in MTG have enchantment removal. And secondly, the creature your opponent controls just sits there as a forest. He can't get it back from his graveyard PLUS your creatures can now actually make use of that forestwalk! ;)
I'm just giving (possible) ingrediënts here. You're the chefcook! Let me know what you think :)
6 months ago
Omnath as main damage outlet (Go Tall)
- Plenty of creature based mana ramp from elves like Greenweaver Druid , Selvala, Heart of the Wilds , and Oracle of Mul Daya as well as all the classic elf ramp cards like Llanowar Elves
- Mana ramp sorcery spells like Tempt with Discovery and Traverse the Outlands
- Increase Mana generation from each land per turn with cards like Doubling Cube , Vernal Bloom , Wilderness Reclamation , Bear Umbra , Caged Sun , and Nature's Will
- Increase the Mana generation from each tapped creature each turn from cards like Leyline of Abundance , and increase the amount of mana gained by having more elves with cards like Wirewood Channeler , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Priest of Titania , and Joraga Treespeaker .
- Increase both of the above with Seedborn Muse , which, along with Tempt with Discovery , only gets stronger the more opponents you have.
Elf synergy as secondary source of damage (Go Wide)
- Pump elves with other elves with help of cards like Elvish Archdruid , Elvish Champion , Ezuri, Renegade Leader Imperious Perfect , and Joraga Warcaller
- Elf token creation with cards with Elvish Promenade , Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury , and Imperious Perfect
Protection for both commander and high value Elves
- Basic equipment like Lightning Greaves , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , and Whispersilk Cloak to slow down or stop removal
- Asceticism , Stonehoof Chieftain , Archetype of Endurance , and Vigor as creatures and enchantments to protect your board.
Win Condition enablers
- Helix Pinnacle to use up mana on if Omnath is ever about to be destroyed.
- Triumph of the Hordes for trample and infect for a fast win combines with other trample abilities from cards like Stonehoof Chieftain , and Ezuri, Renegade Leader to allow you to force damage through.
- Hydra's like Primordial Hydra and Hydra Broodmaster provide other mana outlets to instantly set up fast overwhelming armies.
6 months ago
Off to a nice start. I suggest bringing more focus to your deck... an easy way to do this is to go all in on the elf tribal and remove your non-elf creatures... Elvish Archdruid is really good to consider for a "win condition enabler" to generate tons of mana to pay Joraga Warcaller s kicker cost (you would want 4 of each if you did this).... ezuries ability is another great reason to want all that mana... another idea is to go combo route and use Elvish Champion with Nylea's Presence on your opponents land to give your an opponent a forest and then have unblockable elves.
7 months ago
well from my experience if you play elves you will win even if your not "trying" lol.... Definitly consider Reclamation Sage for B.S. prison cards like Ensnaring Bridge / Ghostly Prison ... also Nylea's Presence becomes "oops I win" with Elvish Champion .... Wrap in Vigor / Heroic Intervention can help against board wipes. +1 because elves rule!
9 months ago
a general rule of thumb i follow for lands is that if everything costs 3 or less, 20 lands is fine. if i'm using cmc 4 cards, i run 24 lands. if i'm using anything that costs 5 or more, i use 24 lands plus ramp.
i don't see any real removal in the deck, and thats going to be crucial if you want to live long enough to cast spells with cmc 5 or higher. Path to Exile is pretty much your best option in GW.
too few of your creatures actually have the "elephant" creature type to actually call this an elephant deck.
when building a tribal deck, you need cares that actually care about creature type. otherwise you could be running the same strategy more effectively using other creatures. usually these cards come in the form of "lords" like Elvish Champion or Goblin Chieftain , but it could also be something like Commune with Dinosaurs . your deck doesn't really have anything like this, so i'd recommend Metallic Mimic and Adaptive Automaton .
10 months ago
Other cards you can try are Elvish Vanguard , Triumph of the Hordes , Llanowar Tribe , Priest of Titania , Elvish Harbinger , Elvish Champion , Joraga Treespeaker , Sylvan Messenger , Elvish Promenade .