: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Blighted Woodland: Search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Blighted Woodland Discussion
1 day ago
- 1x Courser of Kruphix
- 1x Explore
- 2x Forest
- 1x Harmonize
- 1x Horn of Greed
- 1x Ruin Ghost
- 1x Seer's Sundial
- 1x Summer Bloom
- 1x Titania, Protector of Argoth
1 week ago
Why didn't you just update your Spring Into Death deck list? There's only like 2 cards different, haha.
Now on to the real meat:
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed Combo
- Turn 1: Play a one drop ramp creature.
- Turn 2: Play Buried Alive and fetch Mike and Triskelion.
- Turn 3: Play Victimize, bring Mike and Trike out and ping infinitely to win.
Or tutor for Defense of the Heart and win the turn after you cast it.
Necrotic Ooze Combo
- Play Buried Alive or Survival of the Fittest.
- Grab and put Triskelion and Phyrexian Devourer into the graveyard, and get Necrotic Ooze into play.
- Make sure Necrotic Ooze gets out last if using Survival to tutor them.
- Remove all cards from your library to burn opponent(s) for the CMC of all cards in your library.
Once it's out, the only thing that can interrupt this is Split Second since you can respond by adding and removing counters.
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord Combo
This requires some knowledge of how the stack works.
- Exile cards from your library until Phyrexian Devourer's ability is put on the stack.
- In response to the ability, continue exiling cards to beef him up more.
- Still before allowing the sacrifice to resolve, sack him to Jarad to smack your opponents for a ton of damage, similarly to the aforementioned Ooze-combo.
Colorless Mana Combo
- Have/get Ashnod's Altar in play.
- Play Nim Deathmantle.
- Play Grave Titan, pop up two 2/2 tokens.
- Sack the two tokens to Altar, then sack Titan to get a total of six .
- Use 4 of that to make Deathmantle grab Titan back and get you two more tokens
Repeat this as many times as desired, netting 2 colorless mana every loop.
2 weeks ago
Like the +1/+1 counter subtheme as well. How do you feel about cards like Spike Weaver as a reusable "Not in the face" option while you set up your Energy loops?
Hope those are helpful.
4 weeks ago
How about Crop Rotation, Zuran Orb, Scapeshift, Dredge, Dreamscape Artist, Harrow, Merciless Resolve, or Reprocess to help put lands in your Graveyard? Other lands to consider are Terminal Moraine, Warped Landscape, Cephalid Coliseum, Mirrorpool, Petrified Field, Ash Barrens or Blighted Woodland. And perhaps some fetch lands if its in your budget. Have you considered The Gitrog Monster, Thundering Wurm, Fallow Wurm?
1 month ago
interesting choices. let me playtest them. i like the Blighted Woodland
1 month ago
Crop Rotation to fetch your utility lands and give you a landfall trigger
1 month ago
Nice deck :)
I'd suggest cutting down on the pillowfort completely as you said in a previous comment. It pulls your deck in too many directions. If you're going for landfall...go big!
I'd suggest cutting out most of your mana rocks and replacing them with more green ramp spells that get you lands for landfall triggers: (eg. Kodama's Reach, Khalni Heart Expedition, Animist's Awakening, Explosive Vegetation, Nature's Lore)
For lands, I would cut the "tri lands" and the "vivid lands". They slow you down by coming into play tapped and don't add to the landfall theme. Blighted Woodlands, Ghost Town, and Thawing Glaciers are all more on theme. The "bounce" lands you have are great because they give more landfall triggers.
I would cut the cards you have under your "burn" section other than Purphoros. Again, they are not really on theme.
Hope this all helps. Check out my Kynaios and Tiro, Lovers of Landfall. It may give you some inspiration :)
1 month ago
Aragon_Neotrix, Myriad Landscape was already cut for the fact that I ramp enough off of Thrasios, Triton Hero, and I needed more Mountain's for Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle. Same gist for Blighted Woodlands. Also Manlands are insta-killed in my meta, so Maze of Ith and Mystifying Maze are preferred. Appreciate the post though.