|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Realms||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Land Creature — Forest Dryad
(Dryad Arbor isn't a spell, it's affected by summoning sickness, and it has ": Add to your mana pool.")
Dryad Arbor is green.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||PhyrexianScience , LaKU , AtomicEmpire , ibraJG84 , Tyqar , warcry02 , tragic_slip , Roadhog , pskinn01 , maR2307 , gildan_bladeborn|
|Want (7)||TheRealPeaches , brokendwarf , Mousemke , , mcstang1986 , mazrimtaim , Oloro_Magic|
Dryad Arbor Discussion
2 days ago
Also, you don't want colorless lands. So, remove Kher Keep, Wasteland, Volrath's Stronghold, Homeward Path, Ghost Quarter, Jund Panorama. Add
- City of Brass
- Mana Confluence
- Forbidden Orchard
- Mana Confluence
- Tarnished Citadel
- Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
Let's continue. No reason not to run the Khan fetches, they are cheap. Removing 2 Swamps for:
Bojuga Bog is a good card but enters tapped - unacceptable! In goes Dryad Arbor (can be fetched on T1 with GSZ). We'll need to tune the basic land so, make these changes first
6 days ago
i would also throw in a Dryad Arbor, its risky because of board wraths, but you can Green Sun's Zenith on turn 1 for it to cast omnath on turn 2. and you can use it as fodder for Survival of the Fittest it's a great spot to add extra utility to your deck. it also lets your Craterhoof Behemoth for 1 more by fetching a land, and worst case lets you sac it rather than something better for Grave Pact like effects.
6 days ago
Thanks for all the feedback. These are really good suggestions and I'm incorporating them into the deck...
- I'll add in all the lands you suggest. I'm taking out mountains, and I am also taking out mountains for dual producing lands to mitigate the hit on my green mana. This makes some of my ramp spells less usefull.
- Earthcraft is insane and is going straight into the deck. I don't want to go infinite in this deck, so I'll pass on the Squirrel Nest (at least for now).
- I have a preference towards not playing Craterhoof Behemoth, but it is a great addition to the deck.
- I'll have to think about Eldrazi Monument. It would have to push out one of my other anthems, and I'm not sure I want to do that.
- Awakening Zone and From Beyond fits the deck very nicely. I'll replace Skyshroud Claim and Chancellor of the Forge for those. Better curve, better ramp, and more creatures.
- Ivy Lane Denizen is a pretty nice combo with Ulasht, but is also quite usefull with the doublers and the theme. He'll get a spot.
- I should probably just build an Marath, Will of the Wild deck, just to compare before I purchase ;)
- Mountain --> Fire-Lit Thicket. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Command Tower. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Mossfire Valley. Ensure the right mana
- Mountain --> Skarrg, the Rage Pits. More trample for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Khalni Garden. Extra token
- Mountain --> Dryad Arbor. Counts as a creature for Ulasht
- Mountain --> Opal Palace. Makes Ulasht stronger later on
- Hornet Nest --> Earthcraft. Mana tricks for the win
- Chancellor of the Forge --> Ivy Lane Denizen
- Skyshroud Claim --> From Beyond. More allround for my needs (tokens and mana)
- Verdant Force --> Awakening Zone. More allorund for this deck (tokens and mana)
Cheers, and thanks again :)
6 days ago
A few initial thoughts:
- I'm a bit unclear on why you're running Darkheart Sliver--is there a synergy there that I'm not seeing?
- Why omit Mox Diamond and Grim Monolith? Running the mana-positive rocks seems like it furthers your game plan in a pretty real way.
- In much the same way that Vampiric Tutor is good, Imperial Seal is good. I'm not sure you need Grim Tutor, but it's certainly worth considering.
- I'm very leery of Veteran Explorer; I know it easily gets you two more lands during your combo turn, but it also gives two lands to everyone else, and that's a dicey trade-off if you plan on pushing through disruption. What does including it do for you?
- SquirrelCraft seems a bit cute, especially since you're light on free sac outlets. Seeing as you're already running infinite mill as a meaningful line, Altar of Dementia doesn't seem an unreasonable option to consider if you're keen to win by squirrels for days, but I feel there are stronger options--Exsanguinate comes to mind.
- Elvish Spirit Guide seems largely inferior to Lotus Petal in this context; it's a 3-drop (Ad Nauseam/Dark Confidant) that only ever gives you one of your two colors.
- What are your main targets for Reanimate and Unearth? Is there any merit in Entomb, or are those purely ways to recur combo pieces?
- Dryad Arbor over a basic Forest could be very strong; you can grab it off fetchlands, and it makes T1 GSZ a ramp spell.
- On the topic of fetchlands, your colors give you access to seven* of them, and you should almost certainly run them all.
- If you haven't already, consider Toxic Deluge as an additional board wipe--it may never make it in, but it's an extremely cheap and potent card
- Depending on how full your graveyard gets when you're starting to go off, Cabal Ritual feels like it would be naturally at home alongside Dark Ritual and Culling the Weak
- Bloom Tender in a two-color deck feels dubious, but I'm not quite prepared to say it's necessarily wrong, either.
- Given your reliance on mana dorks, Benefactor's Draught functions as a ritual that cantrips; if you choose to pair it with Isochron Scepter, it also draws you your deck while giving you an outrageous amount of mana.
I hope some of this helps! I like the direction you seem to be taking this.
6 days ago
Dryad Arbor is a good land include, as it can be sac'd and then returned if needed.
1 week ago
Dryad Arbor is fetchable turn 1 by a GSZ so might as well put it in for a forest.
1 week ago
Hey man just taking a look over this deck since its about my favorite commander :) A few recommendations when it comes to lands, Skarrg, the Rage Pits is one that I recommend since you look to be wanting to do a little more voltron with Ulasht and giving him another way to gain trample is never a bad thing. Opal Palace is a hidden gem that I personally love in my Ulasht deck since I find myself killing him off a few times to make tokens and to just have him come back that much more beefy is such value. Khalni Garden makes a dude and dudes are value in this deck! Dryad Arbor Idk about budget but this land is a dude and a land that is just nuts for this deck. That is all the cards I will litter your comment section with. If you have any thoughts or need suggestions check out my deck Army of Mushrooms and Friends on Mushrooms. Enjoy :)