|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|From the Vault: Realms||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Land Creature — Forest Dryad
(Dryad Arbor isn't a spell, it's affected by summoning sickness, and it has ": Add to your mana pool.")
Dryad Arbor is green.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (7)||AtomicEmpire , PhyrexianScience , ibraJG84 , cryptoplasm , pskinn01 , warcry02 , tragic_slip|
|Want (5)||TheRealPeaches , brokendwarf , Mousemke , , mazrimtaim|
Dryad Arbor Discussion
1 day ago
Oran-Rief, the Vastwood give counters
Other good cards: Burnished Hart, Gyre Sage, Hornet Queen, Inspiring Call, Progenitor Mimic, Eldritch Evolution, Green Sun's Zenith, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx, Verdant Confluence, Rishkar's Expertise, Asceticism and more.
1 day ago
Could use some work, to be honest. Cards to add:
Flooded Strand, Polluted Delta, Bloodstained Mire, Windswept Heath, Verdant Catacombs, Arid Mesa, Priest of Urabrask, Dryad Arbor, Glimpse of Nature, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Emrakul, the Promised End, Sylvan Safekeeper, Primordial Sage, Lotus Petal, Mana Crypt, Mox Diamond, City of Brass, Mana Confluence, Worldly Tutor.
Things to cut: Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine, Jace Beleren, Cinder Glade, the checklands, Mosswort Bridge, Earthcraft, your remaining basics, and most of your large creatures are underwhelming. This deck seems to have the classic Animar problem: too stompy to hold its own at TRULY competitive tables, and too commander-reliant (though that of course comes with the territory in this kind of deck).
1 week ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
1 week ago
This deck is absolutely ridiculous, I love it! Have you thought about some Dryad Arbor's? I also think that increasing the numbers on Ghost Quarter and Abrupt Decay, especially considering this deck is weak in early turns, would do wonders for Git-gud. Grim Flayer is pretty crazy, especially considering he can give you a possible draw a turn and he can get big fast. He should be dropping in price soon when he leaves Standard. I've been thinking about building with Gitrog using Hermit Druid's and cards with Retrace and landcycling.
2 weeks ago
Absolutely love Bogles +1 and hope it is working good for you
I would suggest running one or more Spirit Link if burn keeps being a problem because of how its worded you can have double life link. you can also put it on a creature that is threatening a kill or my favorite target Eidolon of the Great Revel.
For un-targeted removal the best the deck can do is having a Wooded Foothills or Windswept Heath on board and fetching up Dryad Arbor to sac. If you can, I suggest running a 4th Kor Spiritdancer just because the card is a house if they cant deal with it.
If you would like to see my list Slippery jesus look here.
2 weeks ago
I would definitely play 4 of each Umbra, cutting Oppressive Rays and a Spirit Mantle. The Umbras are just necessary in case your opponent plays a sweeper or has a creature large enough to trade with yours.
I would also put in another Rancor for Keen Sense. You are almost always going to be the beatdown deck, so it is better to push damage and trample over blockers than draw extra cards. The Spiritdancers are probably enough draw, but I would still keep in a Keen Sense.
For the land base, I would cut a forest and a Sunpetal Grove for 2 Wooded Foothills, because you need double white too often to run multiple forests and the foothills can get your Temple Gardens. With the extra fetches, running a Dryad Arbor seems like a good idea because you can fetch it in response to an opponent activating Liliana of the Veil or if you just need another creature.
2 weeks ago
I play UG Infect, so please take my comments with healthy skepticism. But here are some thoughts on budget options ...
- With the reprint of Verdant Catacombs in MM17, it should come way down in price ... maybe as low as $30. We'll see in a couple months, once a bunch of boxes have been opened. Watch out though, because the prices will rise again as more people get into Modern. If you budget allows, I recommend buying them in the next 2-6 months.
- In the meantime, I'd probably add another Overgrown Tomb (fetchable as a Forest), a couple cheap Forest-fetchers (I think Windswept Heath is the cheapest), and maybe another Blooming Marsh.
- Noble Hierarchs are awesome, and well worth saving up for too. They're not being reprinted in this set though, so you can take your time. In the meantime, a 2-2 split of Birds of Paradise and Cathedral of War is a pretty decent budget option.
- There's really no budget replacement for Bitterblossom in your sideboard, except for maybe a Heavily Played or Damaged one :-) So if you don't have some already, I'd probably look in a completely different direction. I've no idea what be be best for your meta of course, but Fatal Push, Kitchen Finks, Dryad Arbor, Pithing Needle, Grafdigger's Cage, Relic of Progenitus, and Wild Defiance are all solid sideboard options.
- Nature's Claim is great of course, but I like having a 2- or 3-drop as well, to kill Chalice of the Void when X=1. Unravel the Aether, Seal of Primordium, and Viridian Corrupter are all good.
- Inquisition of Kozilek and Thoughtseize are awesome, and IMO the best reason to run BG. But you could always use some Transgress the Mind or Distress while saving up.
Good luck (and good skill) with the build!