|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Look at the top six cards of your library. Put up to two creature cards with converted mana cost 3 or less from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (16)||, tragic_slip , NOGzFTW , DrLitebur , thetechzombie , Terrvex , Matgic , Ellyreia , Dredgar , , ibraJG84 , kpral , PhyrexianScience , ironax , Fiolek , Forkbeard|
|Want (4)||Nemesis , edster , vishnarg , jugglervr|
Collected Company Discussion
2 days ago
I'm actually finding splashing blue for Tide Drifter and Benthic Infiltrator to be quite fun, but won't know how good for sure until next Saturday. On top of boosting Collected Company and giving inevitability, the splash opens up blue sideboard cards like Countersquall. Tapping lands for Spellskite's ability can't be overlooked.
3 days ago
I'm kind of in the same boat. My tiff with Faeries is that they lean on a enchantment and call themselves tribal.
Nebelghast and Ojutai's Command are great and even though I don't keep them in the 75, I have copies as they are solid sideboard options in a creature heavy meta. Nebelghast makes me think of Collected Company (think of the triggers!!!).
5 days ago
First of all, I see some people here having really stubborn opinions over the game. I mean, personally, I have an old saying, marked on my heart, who tells "play what you like and be the best at it", and I feel like some might forget that magic is a game before anything. Playing a game, by nature, hasn't a defined goal nor ideal end, "winning" is not universally seen as the same, and it's even more not seen universally as the goal. Competitiveness is not the ultimate thing to achieve, it can be to one, and be the opposite to the other.
Yes, interaction is important in playing magic for fact, and if you have no removal nor clear plan you won't go further against opponent who will, but the fact is that even if the deck you play is called agro by the majority, it doesn't define it's nature to the unique, you can't just say "it works like this and there's no way you can change it". This deck is not more aggro then what you may think, like, calm down with the unstoppable need to win, stop comparing everything to what used or is winning right now, statistic aren't mirror of reality nor definitive answer to what we should play.
What I mean is that if you really want to win each game, or go competitive like so many people want to, stompy is definitely not the deck to play, so there is no reason to not have fun in tweaking the deck as one may like. If the deck was to become competitive, it would have been WAY before because the deck is old as hell, old as modern itself. So play the deck as you like, splash color or play mono-green, use only forest or use non-basic lands, play removal or don't, do whatever you like, no one cares beside you.
Anyway, that was a small rant, I can't stand this irreparable will to make everything competitive. If you still want to hear my (personal) thoughts on the deck, here are they, but take them as they are, opinions, not facts:
- I prefer mono green, less life loss, cheaper (even if it shouldn't be a problem in a perfect world), and you can work around with Dismember and Prey Upon for removal. If you need more protection, there's lots of response even in "mono green": Blossoming Defense, Wilt-Leaf Liege for instance;
- No ramp, ensuring a better start is less interesting than thinking about a better late-game, the speed you gain doesn't make you apply more pressure nor save you after they stop your treats, I suggest late-game alternative over them if you really want to spice up your list. Otherwise, play more aggro;
- Groundbreaker is easily removed, for 3 mana it's not enough of a treat, even as a one-of, if the opponent knows how to play, he will never tap out against you, you are the danger, playing one and get it bolted means literally loosing a turn. Don't bother playing them, I know they are funny and surprising, but they are once, not twice;
- The graveyard hate plan is better than the Hooting Mandrills one, your graveyard play is far less efficient than grixis player's one, no cantrip or anything to fill it, don't count on them to kill your creature and keep them in your graveyard, they play Scavenging Ooze too. If you can't play with it properly, stop them to too, or else they will beat you on that level, don't bite more than you can chew and keep on nurfing Tarmogoyf and Snapcaster Mage;
- I prefer having a diverse land base and skipping over Dungrove Elder, it's good with Hexproof, but against wipes it's like any other creatures, so I suggest not to bother building around it too much, that's the more subjective that I can be. It's good as a one-of, but not more than that with a different land base (I like playing rich and diverse land base, strictly subjective like I said);
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx is indeed not really good, unless you run some more mana-sink like Scavenging Ooze mainboard, you should probably skip it;
- Don't overdo cards that depends on the board state, like Aspect of Hydra and Khalni Hydra, if the board doesn't cooperate, it's a dead draw, unless you want to make the deck a little bit more midrange. I wouldn't suggest you to do it, but if you still want to (I'm culprit of this), don't play too much late-game cards, still keep in mind you don't want to go in late-game, and if you do, play interactive cards, they will at least spice up your play and assure you have fun and give a interesting fight with your opponent;
- lastly, never play 4 CMC spells, seriously, you won't be able. The only 4 CMC spell you should consider is Collected Company, and personally, the value of this card is good when you run more than 28 creatures, and especially when the majority cost 2 CMC or more, which you don't, so I wouldn't suggest it. It's good, really good, but still, you can perfectly go without it.
Otherwise, have fun m8, it's one of my favorite deck and I can't keep seeing it played!
6 days ago
The best thing modern spirits could do is add green for Collected Company. Otherwise, it's just another bad tribal deck (trust me, I've tried lots of ways to make it good). With the addition of Botanical Sanctum, you can splash green for CoCo and Noble Hierarchs (or Birds of Paradise if you're financially challenged like me). For that you want a creature count of about 26-28, so replace all non-creature spells except your paths and cocos. The cool thing about coco is it gives you acces to another virtual counterspell, as it can respond to a spell being cast with finding the queller or wanderer. another fine addition is Phantasmal Image, as it can etb as a queller off of coco, or be another Drogskol Captain for the perfect hexproof team. Lastly, Gavony Township is neat. The deck remains a blue/white tempo deck at its core, but it's not good enough for modern unless you can 1-ramp into your 3 drops on turn 2 with birds (like stealing wins off an early Geist of Saint Traft, or 2-occasionally CoCo into the untouchable combo of 2 drogskols at the same time (whereas without CoCo you'd have to play them one at a time and watch them eat removal).
6 days ago
Arbor Elf usually isn't a solid choice as for elf decks as you already tend to go for unlimited mana/life with Essence Warden.Immaculate Magistrate is a cool card, but with the mana cost it usually wouldn't be thrown into an elf deck.
Ezuri, Renegade Leader(as well as Craterhoof Behemoth) is usually a one of which can be fetched with Summoner's Pact. I respect that you're trying to bust out Eldrazi's with elves, but I just feel like other elf decks combo better together.
Not sure what your strategy with Dryad Arbor is. That is a sideboard card for my Infect deck, that I would bring in against a Liliana of the Veil (they use the -2 to make me sac a creature, I crack a fetchland and sacrifice Dryad Arbor instead of my infect creature. I've never seen anyone mainboard a playset.
You'll definitely want to throw in some Nettle Sentinels for your Heritage Druid. Take a look at my friend's deck Call Elves for some Elf deck pointers. This isn't 100% current, but I still use it for play testing. At the moment he is pondering over splashing in a little bit of black for Shaman of the Pack.
1 week ago
1 week ago
Hey there! Thanks for your comment on my post! I went looking through your binder, and I also have a Selfless Spirit if you'd like it. Assuming you are, that's a total of $25.90 from me (Spirit, Collected Company, and Sublime Archangel), and subtracting $11.50 for the Steam Vents and $1.94 for the Mwonvuli Acid-Moss gives an end result of $12.46. Would you be OK with sending me $12 cash, a $12 check, or $12 on PayPal to make up for the difference?
1 week ago
I have a Collected Company, a Goblin Guide, a Fatal Push, 2x Monastery Mentor, 4x Lightning Bolt, a Disallow, an Exquisite Blood, a Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, a Lotus Cobra, a Sublime Archangel, and a Traverse the Ulvenwald.
I also have a binder that contains some of my other haves and wants. Thank you!