Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
|Have (4)||rockleemyhero , kpral , , metalmagic|
|Want (3)||brownwaterboys , tempDevelopper , mufasamike|
Printings View all
|Battle for Zendikar (BFZ)||Uncommon|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Uncommon|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sylvan Scrying occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.1%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Sylvan Scrying Discussion
2 days ago
- Spellkite is a SB card. -you have 8x Sylvan Scrying. replace this with an expatiation map.
- Greater Good is a good card but the double green is hard when you have 12 colorless lands. even with Dryad of the Ilysian Grove.
- The two card combo is good and game winning however you dont have a strong engine to draw until its later in the game. The soonist you are casting greater good is turn 4. Once and Stirrings help as well but you might want more, being once can only find one part.
2 days ago
3 days ago
car- personally i like crumble of dust... tron would be wrecked, and a few other decks.
1 week ago
I thank you all for your suggestions. Even the ones above my budget [since I'm from Brazil, cards like Bane of Progress can reach prices above R$20], because they help opening my eyes to possibilities and where to take this deck to if I like it and want to push it further.
I couldn't fit everything in there, but I did try to mix things a bit adding a couple more lands, two spells to fetch those ( Sylvan Scrying and Farseek ), another low cost mana generator Whisperer of the Wilds (who can add 2 at once as well), another Scout Silhana Wayfinder and Genesis Hydra to help finding more of the big guns.
I tried to keep most aditions up to 2 CMC since I believe they're most useful at the start of the game - which is where I'd need more speed to build things up.
If you have any further comments, please feel free to contribute. I'd be happy to hear them =]
1 week ago
Much better decklist! I'm glad to see your manabase has rounded out and you have an actual removal suite along with the previously suggested pillow fort pieces. I know you got on me about not suggesting what to cut - and well...really it depends on what direction you want your deck to go in. I think you're too concerned with playing low to the ground spells - in a sense, you're thinking a little too aggro for the commander you have. Voltron is inherently slow - the idea is that you'll eventually have so many enchantments that the opponent(s) will have zero options available to them to get rid of your commander (outside of maybe an overloaded Winds of Abandon ). You don't need to focus on getting a ton of low CMC spells - what you need to focus on are spells that can make an impact at every point in the game.
Revisiting our talk about Land Tax - so after re-examining it, it can help you late game if you are behind someone in lands: You thin out the lands in your deck to increase the chances that your next draw step will get you an actual useful card. My only reservation is that of the 34 lands in your deck, only 12 are basics. I'm not sure how often the previously mentioned scenario will occur, but I think that Pir's Whim and Sylvan Scrying will be more beneficial to you as you will probably want to tutor non-basic lands over x number of basics. (This is all my opinion, so take it worth a grain of salt.) Yes, I know they cost more than , but your concern over having lower mana costs and wanting to get your commander out ASAP makes your deck too linear and vulnerable. The hallmark of having a good EDH deck is to be able to win games where you don't even cast your commander. If the table can just stop your commander from coming into play, or possibly remove it once or twice - what's your back up? What I think is that you need to favor flexibility and board control over sheer aggro and low CMC.
Here's what I'd consider cutting:
- Land Tax - like I said before, can only tutor you up basic lands and thin out your library. This isn't what you need. You need to focus on getting those utility lands. I'd toss in the only true ramp white has in this card's place - Smothering Tithe . Don't hand me that "Uhhh but I don't have a mana dump" argument. If you believed that, then you wouldn't have included a powerful mana doubler like Mirari's Wake . Cut this stupid spell, you don't run enough basics to justify it being in the deck, and it's not consistent. Smothering Tithe will net you more mana in the short and long run. Your deck isn't aggro, so vs. doesn't matter.
- Day of Judgment - your deck has plenty of removal and mass removal options. I think this one is just a little redundant unless you intend on combining it with Yavimaya Hollow . But even then, Divine Reckoning and Winds of Rath save you from having to use to get the previously mentioned land. I still say cut it. In it's place use Smothering Tithe . It's the only true ramp white has. It's a very good spell - try it. Trust me. And don't hand me that "I don't have a mana dump" argument, if you really believed that, then you wouldn't have included Mirari's Wake .
- Farseek - Since you are in only two colors, this card doesn't really do you much good. I'd cut this for Sylvan Scrying
- Gaddock Teeg - You aren't exactly playing Stax, so this card is kind of useless. On top of it potentially being a nonbo or (non-combo) with some spells, like overloaded Winds of Abandon or Eldrazi Conscription . I'd use Aura of Silence in it's place.
2 weeks ago
I think you all make good points... the best case scenario I can from the hip think of is a path to an off-brand/mono green Valakut deck.
- Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
- Primeval Titan
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking
- Dryad of the Ilysian Grove
I dont think that this would be any better or more reliable than already established Titan-Shift though.... but its certainly neat to think about!
3 weeks ago
As for Rahnun's suggestions:
- Grunn, the Lonely King
- Primordial Sage
- Guardian Project
- Gaea's Touch
- Nissa's Pilgrimage
- Llanowar Tribe
- Kodama's Reach
- Frontier Siege
- Greater Good
- Traverse the Outlands
- Grothama, All-Devouring
- Hunter's Prowess
- Evolutionary Escalation
- Cultivator of Blades
- Mossbridge Troll
- Pathbreaker Ibex
- Forgotten Ancient
- Worldly Tutor
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Sylvan Library
- Force of Vigor
- Mirage Mirror
- Strionic Resonator
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Natural Order
- Sylvan Scrying
- Heroic Intervention
- Soul of the Harvest
3 weeks ago
This feels like it would take quite a while to set up. Aside from that however, 4 mana karn loses a loyalty every time you run an extra turn cycle. Are you aware of that? My guess is that you can build a reasonable mana advantage in that time even if it runs through a karns loyalty. Maybe you could have a 2nd copy available by then with the extra draw steps.
Another concern i have would be the 8 green spells and only b 12 ways to get green mana. I am thinking a green/x talisman to not only have additional sources but to help ramp as well. . Finally I'm not sure how well this deck will handle the aggro matchups. A couple.more removal spells somewhere between the main or side might be very useful. All Is Dust would line up with the t3 tron plan perfectly.