|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Modern Horizons (MH1)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Each land card in your hand has cycling .
Cycling (, Discard this card: Draw a card.)
Tectonic Reformation Discussion
1 day ago
Interesting idea! Some things to consider:
You might also like these cards: Bag of Holding , Dimir Machinations (transmutes for necropotence), Tectonic Reformation , Street Wraith , Treasonous Ogre , Archfiend of Ifnir , Bone Miser , Alhammarret's Archive , Brainspoil (transmutes for alham's archive), Illusionist's Bracers , Mindmoil , Bolas's Citadel , Skirge Familiar , Shred Memory (for transmuting, especially for Shadow of the Grave! digging for Shadow seems paramount), archfiend of spite, curse of fool's wisdom, Gamble , Words of Waste , Geth's Grimoire , Waste Not , Burning Inquiry , Dark Deal , Reforge the Soul , Khorvath's Fury , Incendiary Command , Runehorn Hellkite , Memory Jar , Uba Mask , Bedlam Reveler .
I'm sure you can make room for some of these by removing some of those extra Muck Drubbs and Tainted Pacts :P
5 days ago
Peut etre Tectonic Reformation ? (My keyboard has no accents)
1 week ago
So the most recent addition of Beseech the Queen has been a great success! Late game this can often be better than a Vampiric Tutor as there's no second step to get it to hand from the top of the library and all the win conditions ( Exsanguinate & Torment of Hailfire ) are CMC 2.
After going over the mana base yet again, I think it's in a bit of a transition phase because we've again reduced the dependence on red (in most cases only needing one available red source for the ability to cast Lord Windgrace , Bedevil or Blasphemous Act ) and the ability to fix mana is very reliable in this build. This has led me to think that there is room to shift over some of the ratios to help improve early game consistency of hitting untapped green mana for ramping, or maybe adding an additional Swamp for an early game tutor effect. The cards which are currently on the chopping block to make way for this are:
- Sheltered Thicket : Long time candidate for cutting.
- Forgotten Cave : Cycling lands only gets you so far in this deck, especially as much as it hurts early mana. In builds which use Tectonic Reformation I completely understand the need, but it's been at the back of my mind for some time.
- Blood Crypt : The main reason I'm hesistant to cut this particular card is that it's a way to fetch black mana off a Wooded Foothills if Overgrown Tomb is no longer available. Since there are no original duals in the deck, this is a serious concern. If any of the battlelands lands from zendikar get reprinted in enemy colours (G/B) that would be up for consideration, but I'm not hopefuly for that happening any time soon (far more likely than splashing out for original duals anyway).
Please feel free to let me know if you have any further thoughts/comments on the mana base as it currently is. All feedback is very much appreciated!
1 week ago
I guess a six drop is a bit much when you're running Boom / Bust . How did Tectonic Reformation play out? I like that card a lot, but I can't find a good deck for it. I feel like Chandra's Regulator is a similar card that might have even more utility here...
2 weeks ago
Well, you could switch your basics to snow basics so you can be open to cards like Ice-Fang Coatl Dead of Winter Force of Despair Glacial Revelation Ayula's Influence Tectonic Reformation Reap the Past and Rime Tender
4 weeks ago
Hey, great start really well made deck :)
Cards to consider adding:
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance
- Feldon of the Third Path
- Chaos Warp
- Tectonic Reformation
- Endless Atlas
Gamble and Chaos Warp are fantastic cards because their effects are outside red's color pie. Their staples for red because they're unique and powerful. Chandra, Torch of Defiance is amazing being either ramp, draw or removal. Tectonic Reformation and Endless Atlas can be sources of repeatable draw.
Feldon of the Third Path can be repeatable reanimation with haste of Dragons which is a helpful effect to have since Dragons are going to die. He'll make a token copy of a Dragon which doesn't trigger Lathliss, but that's fine because the tokens trigger any ETB abilities or attack triggers the creature has. Feldon is good to take some advantage of Avaricious Dragon and Dragon Mage . He's also very good with Solemn Simulacrum to create a mini land ramp and draw engine for red.
Cards to consider cutting:
- Burnished Hart : the least good ramp card here.
- Banefire : only hits one target which is lackluster since can only cast it once.
- Crucible of Fire : Dragons already have high power/toughness and evasion they don't really need this power/toughness anthem. Lathliss and Moonveil Dragon are better anthem effects.
- Where Ancients Tread : not all Dragons or other creatures here have 5 power. Warstorm Surge is better.
- Outpost Siege : Chandra gives you this effect or a lots of other options for the same mana cost.
- Rimescale Dragon
4 weeks ago
Finally got around to updating this list with new cards from the last few sets, as well as adjustments to the main deck that I liked. I also missed Beetleback Chief , that should have been in here for a long time.
I also cut the number of lands by 2 so more align with the actual performance of the deck. This change may make Walking Atlas and Terrain Generator less strong, so if you like the lower landcount you may want to remove these two to make room for more cool stuff!
Let me know what you think!
1 month ago
After 3 years, I have finally updated this deck!!
Removed: Tireless Tracker , Greenwarden of Murasa , Godo, Bandit Warlord , Keen Sense , Snake Umbra , Swiftfoot Boots , Darksteel Plate , Champion's Helm , Wheel of Fate , Sword of Feast and Famine , Mage Slayer .. cant remember the other 2 lol.
Added: Zuran Orb , Abundance , Tectonic Reformation , Lightning Greaves , Praetor's Counsel , Nissa's Triumph , Lotus Cobra , Ramunap Excavator , Wayward Swordtooth , Nissa, Who Shakes the World , Wrenn and Six , Constant Mists , and Crop Rotation .
No data for this card yet.