|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Mythic Rare|
|Fate Reforged||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Orc Warrior
Whenever a creature you control attacks, defending player loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
: Creatures your opponents control block this turn if able, and you choose how those creatures block.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Brutal Hordechief Discussion
1 day ago
3 days ago
Just thought I should point out that Brutal Hordechief isn't legal in this deck, because its colour identity includes red (those half and half mana symbols still count). Though if your play group doesn't mind you playing him, I guess it doesn't matter, just thought I should let you know.
5 days ago
Also seems like Chandra, Flamecaller could be a strong include - makes six power with haste or gives you a net positive wheel (for discarding creatures). Additionally, she's has a soft boardwipe.
Vault of the Archangel is a bomb in decks like this. Brutal Hordechief is an option, but is a dubious include because it looks like you're not trying to truly flood the board, which is where he shines. Also Sengir Autocrat is probably going to go into my Marchesa deck soon.
1 week ago
- I think its important to keep in mind that you want your creatures to pull double duty. Angel of Invention, for example, makes tokens and buffs your team.
- Iroas, God of Victory: You turn your creatures sideways more than I do. Menace would be pretty good for your commander.
- Brutal Hordechief: Just really dumb in your deck.
- Eternal Witness: Replace Den Protector with this.
- Avenger of Zendikar: Token deck stable.
- Angel of Invention: Makes tokens and an anthem on a stick.
- Dragon Broodmother: Cause this is a dumb card.
- Oracle of Mul Daya: Cause ramping is for cool kids that play .
- Wood Elves: Its wood elves.
- Grave Titan: Its the king of zombies
- Armada Wurm: ETB 5/5 wurms seem good.
- Catacomb Sifter: This is ok as a low-end token generator and scry provider.
- Chancellor of the Forge: triple might be tough to handle. This could be good if you have a good reanimator package. Up to you.
- Cultivator of Blades: Once again, a creature that encourages turn your creatures sideways. I really like this card for your deck cause its ETB token creator or an anthem creature.
- You have Whip already, so why not just continue to abuse your graveyard?
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier: Sac a token to tutor seems dumb. Its even better if you keep reanimating it.
- Viscera Seer: Saccing stuff is cool
- Sadistic Hypnotist: Sac outlet and hand disruption.
- Rakshasa Gravecaller: Makes tokens and can send a creature to the graveyard. This one is ok, I guess.
- Ghoulcaller Gisa: Most ETB token creatures lose their value after they hit the field. Why not sacem to make more tokens.
- Slate of Ancestry: A wheel that depends on the amount of creatures you have seems pretty good. Also, if youre animating, you have no problem send cards to your graveyard.
- Key to the City: Unblockable for Tana, the Bloodsower and discard outlet.
Instants and Sorceries
- Vampiric Tutor or Sidsi if you want to abuse tutors.
- Chord of Calling: Youll have plenty of creatures for convoke.
- Buried Alive: Depends on how deep you go into the reanimator plan.
- Parallel Lives: Bruh..you need this. Use this instead of Primeval Bounty. I was unimpressed with the results of bounty.
- Cathars' Crusade: Cause why not?
- Intangible Virtue: Cause tapping tokens is for losers
- Xenagos, the Reveler: Its like having Gaeas Cradle.
- Dragonmaster Outcast: In EDH, he seems very fair and isnt very good until later. Even then, this deck is capable of much sillier plays.
- Norin the Wary: Nahonly good if hes the commander.
- Korozda Guildmage: Too slow, in my opinion.but what do I know
- Thelonite Hermit: and two turns, you make 4 saproliing tokens with a conditional anthem. Also, not good with Whip or Panharmonicon.
- Obzedat, Ghost Council: Go away, ghost dad. Youre drunk and dont belong here.
- Wolfcaller's Howl: Better ways to make tokens.
- Congregate: You have Whip for lifegain.
- Exsanguinate, Lavalanche, Sram's Expertise, Worm Harvest, and Increasing Devotion: You want to abuse ETB and none of this help that plan.
- Conjurer's Closet: Ive fallen out of love with this card. Its slow and doesnt feel strong at .
2 weeks ago
I like the idea of Nature's Blessing since it could give banding to creatures, among other things, but discarding a card each time may not be for the best. With that said, I'll definitely test it out. As for first strike and vigilance, I already have Brave the Sands in the deck and cards like Icatian Skirmishers, Champion of Lambholt, and Brutal Hordechief can make up for first strike.
1 month ago
I think Brutal Hordechief is a direct route. I try to stick to cards that have win condition intrinsic to its control function.
1 month ago
Some cards like Ajani's Pridemate, Felidar Sovereign, Karlov of the Ghost Council, and Chalice of Life Flip work great in a deck that has good, consistent life gain. I don't think you have enough other cards to support that theme, I would either cut them or add something to support that theme if that's the direction you want to go. If you do want life gain try Pristine Talisman, Auriok Champion or her budget sisters Soul Warden and Soul's Attendant, Brutal Hordechief (think he's great in your deck even if you don't go life gain), Whip of Erebos, Blood Artist, and Aetherflux Reservoir to name a few.
Also don't like Beseech the Queen in a tri-color deck, even if you got a Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth. I would definitely pay the extra mana for the budget Diabolic Tutor or if you have the cash Demonic Tutor.
You've got a lot of token generators along with reanimating stuff, I think Cathars' Crusade would work great with this.
1 month ago
@ "Shadowl_less_one" Thx!, i've put the "Herald of Dromoka" on the sideboard for now. Replaced it in a test match with the "Chief of the Scale" 2x. The vigilance helps to put more agression on, but i still dont know if it is worth to give up some defensive stats for it. Any suggestions on what i should remove to make place for the herald of dromoka?
Adding the "Brutal Hordechief" was a difficult choice already xD. But becouse of the extra draws i get with "Raiders' Spoils" i find cheaper creatures to be more effective in creating a big unblockable army on the board (because of the "Blood-Chin Rager"'s). Which does make the the "Herald of Dromoka" a spicy addition :)