Triumph of the Hordes
Until end of turn, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample and infect.
|Want (6)||epros1285 , bond2578 , silver374 , adam1floyd3 , Archlibrarian , 1Doogan1|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Uncommon|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Triumph of the Hordes occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
Triumph of the Hordes Discussion
2 days ago
Triumph of the Hordes closes games out of nowhere. Make a ton of unblockable mutated creatures, swing, win?
2 days ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells
2 days ago
I am always happy to see another Angry Om deck, i've been working on my list, OMNATH CRUEL GRUUL, for about 2 years now and i do have some suggestions:
1) Stalking Vengeance does work when your elementals die, so much damage can be outputed, and with a Craterhoof ETB on them, the damage is catastrophic. Which is handy if you're in a gummed-up boardstate or have to deal with Propaganda-like effects.
2) I heavily suggest Cavalier of Flame, for 5 mana, this elemental does alot at every stage. Draw, team haste and pump, and a death damage.
3) I'm not sure how you feel about it but Triumph of the Hordes will also win you games.
Godd luck, keep kicking butt!
3 days ago
wurm tribal? you madlad you actually did it. if youd like some thicker big boy worms you could add Coat of Arms and for dum instant win cards you could play Craterhoof Behemoth, Overwhelming Stampede, Triumph of the Hordes.
2 weeks ago
Not bad,but some non essential Cards, mainly a lot of Planeswalkers, not needed and not sure if only win condition is Aggro? A Card I would add is Triumph of the Hordes.
3 weeks ago
Nice deck! I think the hideaway lands could work well here, especially Windbrisk Heights. Other land options that might help are Gavony Township, Kessig Wolf Run, Ancient Ziggurat, and Thran Quarry. Some other synergistic cards that come to mind are Aid from the Cowl, Rhythm of the Wild, Keeper of Fables, Temur Sabertooth, Bear Umbra, Path of Discovery, and Champion of Lambholt. Triumph of the Hordes and Gratuitous Violence could be a wincon. As for good counterspell options, I'd recommend Avoid Fate and Rebuff the Wicked. You could also always just go with Price of Glory.
3 weeks ago
it may just be me but where are the finishers in the deck? I figured you had a way to win once you have drawn your entire deck. There is Ezuri, but he can't be the only thing. I would put in a Craterhoof Behemoth or/and a Triumph of the Hordes as a finisher. Ezuri does the trick, sure, but personally, I would want more. I have a Seton deck (the one you have in your 99), it runs lots and lots of druids, just like you do, then I have crafterhoof, Overrun, Triumph of the hordes, Overwhelming stampede, Beastmaster's assention <-- all these justtrample people to death. I know Craterhoof is expensive, but there are budget version of him, like Pathbreaker Ibex that you could use. A creature that pairs well with Temur Sabertooth is Great Oak Guardian, with infinite mana, you can blink it in and out making a creature ifinitely large, then use Ulvenwald Tracker to have it fight every creature your oppents control to remove them, but you need a way to untap the tracker to do it. or you know, since you are in blue and you have the option to draw your deck, mayne Thassa's Oracle is a thing.
3 weeks ago
I don't know how I missed replying to your comment. My apologies. Yeah, I do want to put Triumph of the Hordes in here both for the win and for the flavor. I just haven't put in the effort to go and pick one up yet. My focus has been all over the place.