|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Triumph of the Hordes
Until end of turn, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample and infect.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Triumph of the Hordes Discussion
8 hours ago
Hi McToters, Thanks very much for your suggestions.
Though Natural Affinity is a really cool card, i can't really see how it synergises with the rest of the deck. It also requires me to have more lands than my opponent, which only happens if I get a Harvest Season or genesis wave.
Regarding Lure and Seton's Desire (though I almost want to put Seton's Desire in because of flavor), I think that Overwhelming Stampede and Triumph of the Hordes is just better, and they require less creatures to win the game.
I can see the point in running X-spells, but besides Green Sun's Zenith which is a little expensive, i couldn't find any that I think would be worth playing.
Craterhoof Behemoth is one of the greatest finishers in all of commander, but I really want to keep this deck somewhat affordable.(I honestly thought that it was in the maybeboard).
And again, thank you for taking the time to write a comment :)
20 hours ago
Metachemist Thanks for the suggestions, but I feel like I would have to restructure the deck to be about getting a horde out, and last time I checked, Commander decks don't really do too well if you try to set them up with 2 separate win conditions, as opposed to multiple ways to go about one win condition, and I'd much rather keep the theme of killing saprolings as a means to accelerate an infinite combo for the win.
However, I'm getting 2 copies of Triumph of the Hordes because one of my playgroup members would really like it, and one for me because I just so happen to have Swell the Host, and that would be a beautiful add in for that deck.
5 days ago
Have you considered a singleton Triumph of the Hordes sideboard for that one guy playing troll worship/sisters/finks combo?
Seriously though, this deck looks polished. I really like it. Not seeing any changes I'd want.
6 days ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
1 week ago
Triumph of the Hordes is always a must include for me. I'm still working on my Atraxa build and Triumph always end up making its way in. Either way looks fun, have fun tuning!
1 week ago
And of course if your budget ever allows/save up for a Craterhoof Behemoth cause that is just the win con for a great token deck like yours.
1 week ago
Wow! thegreatwizard thanks for all the suggestions! A few of these cards I have already considered, but many of them aren't included simply because my collection is not large enough. This will be very helpful going forward with this deck, though.
Side note: just learned that Triumph of the Hordes is a $7 card. Crazy!