|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Triumph of the Hordes
Until end of turn, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain trample and infect.
Triumph of the Hordes Discussion
5 days ago
Alright buddy other things that I believe would be good in the deck are below.
I’d recommend about 36 lands to get started as most of these creatures need a lot. Haven’t looked at utility lands yet though.
6 days ago
I would drop a Lifecrafter for Rhys the Redeemed .
Also, some tokens with flying might be beneficial since all you have against flying is Deliverance and one SC. Lingering Souls is my preference, and you can run Sylvan Caryatid instead of the Mystics so you can use the flashback.
Kodama's Reach > Natural Connection
1 week ago
Alright, I did a little test after some games and put every piece of ramp/fetch/land support card in one pile. I was actually surprised at just how ridiculous it was. I also realized I could use a little more balance on my removal, card draw, recursion. So, with that, I made the following updates:
Comments welcome, of course.
2 weeks ago
It's not that Rancor is bad, but you said it yourself, Overwhelming Stampede and Triumph of the Hordes do a better job at trampling your creatures into the win, and I think the two enchantments are a way to achieve that damage, as for Whip Silk, same case as Rancor, I don't think someone would waste removal on those because of the reusable ability on them.
2 weeks ago
Whip Silk is the best card in the deck as a repeatable removal spell. And Craterhoof Behemoth I can't imagine have more than 3 or 4 hydras out in play before I've either won the game or a board swipe happens. So even if I had 4 hydras in play when I cast Craterhoof Behemoth it's only +5 power to the hydras. That's not that good for 8 mana. Where as the other cards like Overwhelming Stampede for 5 mana makes my creatures anywhere from +8 to maybe even +20 power bigger. And Triumph of the Hordes is +1 but infect makes it so I only need 10 points of trample damage and that's 4 mana.
Craterhoof Behemoth is better in a token deck
But that's 2 for Rancor but I dont see why rancor is bad anyway. It also reusable removal and it grants trample.
3 weeks ago
6/22 Update: Adding some Modern Horizon Slivers and Synergies
3 weeks ago
Whitehamma, sorry for the wait. I've had a little bit of time to mull over additional feedback.
Also, weird tangential thought but your name makes me think of this clip Black Hammer & White Lightning from Major League II. I highly doubt your name is a reference to an obscure early 90's sports comedy...eh my age is probably showing lol.
Without the deck primer, what would you swap? - Whitehamma
Okay, feedback. First, lets start with what you're missing, and how we can compensate - You have little Draw and interaction in the deck. As previously mentioned, the following are must haves:
- Beast Within - this is mandatory, you arguing. It shuts down other players when they're trying to combo out and assume you having nothing because you're mono green and have mana left open.
- Krosan Grip - excellent removal for those pesky Aetherflux Reservoir s, Paradox Engine s and other combo enablers.
- Desert Twister - Expensive CMC wise, but it seems to fit the Vorthos mindset you have going on here. Seems like a nice flavorful Wurm-y spell.
- Borrowing the East Wind - Exotic, and definitely in the realm of "nobody would expect this" - but monetarily it's pricey like Sylvan Library. Worth mentioning as you could just wtf bash a whole table in if you have a slight life lead.
- Drop of Honey - Exotic as well and also very unexpected for monogreen. If you happen to have one, i'd say it'd be a fun include...as the majority of your creatures are huge - but the monetary pricetag is ridiculous. thought i'd toss this one in just in case you happened to have been sitting on one, and didn't realize it. Ya never know.
- Triumph of the Hordes - an alternate wincon in monogreen for your deck. Worth the price (monetarily)
- Heroic Intervention - a good card to play when someone decides to wrath or a good response when an opponent gets cheeky when assigning blockers.
What to Remove?
Now that's a hard question. Mostly because 1. I don't know your meta, 2. I don't know your playstyle/preferences, 3. budget. I guess I can just toss some ideas of what I think doesn't really work...and well leave it at that.
- Temur Sabertooth - i'm not following the purpose of this card in this deck. Unless you're abusing ETB triggers. This would seem like diminishing returns though, as none of your creatures have a "ETB untap all lands you control" - i'd pursue a creature that would better interact with this, or just cut it.
- Seedborn Muse - playing magic on other people's turns if fun, but as far as i'm tracking you don't have more than one card that can really take advantage of all that open mana. Unless i'm missing something, these cards are a niche strategy that don't seem central to your deck's themes - i'd cut them both.
Those are my thoughts, let me know what I was completely wrong about, and what was thought provoking.
4 weeks ago
just a few recommendations from my elf deck experience, you could try Shamanic Revelation since you already have cards that do similar things another might not be bad. Triumph of the Hordes can end a game in seconds even with smaller board states. Chord of Calling end step before your turn drop a elf lord or a regal force or any other card from the deck seems good in any case. Coat of Arms is a massive buff to your creatures. Elvish Guidance seems like a slightly different marwyn the nurturer on a stick and is a great card.
Triumph of the Hordes occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%