|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Each player chooses a creature type. Each player returns all creature cards of a type chosen this way from his or her graveyard to the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||HydraOoze , metlguy , CastleSiege , a_murpheus , coyler2016 , , warcry02 , ZombieFood , Zomgasa , Nemesis , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , Dr_Jay , Xunfor6iv3nX , Unlife , Thunderbeard , awalloftext , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , lorddarkstar|
|Want (38)||Kurtimus , flipdipple , AcademyMaster , Mikitta , Blue_Otaku_No.1 , Dadaman11 , HackerToad , Mousemke , AlucardZain , Adameus2012 , The_Besticle , shadowsrisen , iamdead173 , Pigsnout23 , asinausk , SlickWizard , anglophile_ws , notsaying , gabrielguieiro , IRNMN , Clones16 , FoamEagle , blackar , kean12112 , Loading_Error , Dk1997 , Teufell , Gypsyhatten , TheCommieDuck , i_love_hentai , Djricci97 , TheAceol , marmar305 , darvit555 , myrmyr , OutsideTheMox , pewdiepie , llama64|
Patriarch's Bidding Discussion
2 days ago
Lantern of Insight could do some work as a pseudo control card to prevent opponents from drawing specific cards.
If you find yourself paying the 1 then Thousand-Year Elixir might be worth a look but I don't think it's necessary at all.
4 days ago
Love the concept, this feels so cool!
Some suggestions I think could fit there and make the list even more reliable:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > busted card. In any creature-heavy decklist like yours with some sacrifice strategy, it's a staple.
- Attrition > another busted card. Fine sac outlet.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > slow card - high rewards. I really like this one alongside both boots and greaves. It's not the best sac outlet ever seen, but it greatly helps with the Aristocrat theme.
- Vindictive Vampire (not updated on Tappedout yet) > another brand new awesome card! It is a better Falkenrath Noble , specially designed for EDH. I expect it to be one of the strongest cards from the new set for EDH, as it doesn't need to set-up your combo in order to become devastating.
- Anger > gives haste to your rats for even more pressure.
- Pack Rat > obviously excellent there.
- Marrow-Gnawer > the classical ''Rat'' Commander. Nice with a haste enabler: it creates Rats token, works like sac outlet... just everything you want.
- Insult / Injury > good to find a lethal, but also acts as a fine removal card. Could be a nice inclusion, according to your preferences though.
- Anvil of Bogardan > an old artifact I like a lot. Not so many plays it, but I feel like it always is a really good card if you want to play with your graveyard a bit. You draw an extra card, discard a Rat, uses some enchantment/ Living Death ability to bring back your bois on the battlefield, etc. Honestly, I see it as a staple.
- The Immortal Sun > Both Liliana and Angrath aren't that good here imo. Liliana works as a pretty 'meh' ramp tool and is barely better than a Thaumatic Compass Flip (which won't fit at all in this decklist). Angrath is more flexible and efficient, but its abilities don't justify its mana-cost. Running Immortal Sun will help you to slow down sometimes your opponents, provides you fine card draw (which is always good), and finally make your rats cheaper as well as stronger.
A bunch of cards that could be destructive powerhouses, but which would demand some interesting take on your deckbuilding:
- Patriarch's Bidding > with (for example) some cards like Secret Salvage + Zombie Infestation , it enables crazy combos. It's better than Living Death for tribal decks, but I would say that you should run both of em.
- Anthem of Rakdos > very slow but oppressive card when you manage to take up board advantage. I would argue that this is better than Havoc Festival in this brew.
- Hazoret's Favor > one of the most shunned cards of Amonketh I think has a lot of potentials to exploit. You could run Combat Celebrant alongside/or Aggravated Assault .
I hope the small list above will give new ideas to explore. Keep on the good work and enjoy brewing!
4 days ago
Thrumming Stone is an absolute must in Shadowborn Apostle decks. I would cut some of the demons and add in a few more Apostles to enable it and some tutors to find the stone or Secret Salvage , too (cool tech, btw, haven't seen that one). Also, if you're going off, Patriarch's Bidding acts just like Secret Salvage . Mortal Combat is also a nice combo piece along the lines of Liliana's Contract .
4 days ago
I'm glad you're not being "that guy." If the plan isn't to make empty hands hurt equally all around, though, there's a couple cards you can include to make it hurt less for you: Gustha's Scepter allows you to stash away your reanimation cards so you don't have to discard them, and it's completely mana free! Mindstorm Crown is another copy of Phyrexian Arena . I'd also run the new Rakdos, the Showstopper , Patriarch's Bidding , and Urza's Incubator , since you're going demon tribal.
1 week ago
Door of Destinies I’d say was slightly better than Coat of Arms because it only affects your creatures, I would definitely recommend Ghoulcaller Gisa just really good for token spam remove forgoten creation , Liliana's Reaver, Raving Dead for power Dictate of Erebos Grave Pact for board control, due to the balance of high black compared to blue I’d recommend Cabal Coffers and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for a lot of mana, I’d recommend since your blue black running more board wipes like Cyclonic Rift DamnationDecree of Pain, Patriarch's Bidding for more reanimation, EDH staples like Sol Ring are useful for mana ramp,Grave Betrayal for stealing other creatures, since you run blue black more card draw is needed so things like Rhystic Study and Phyrexian Arena
1 week ago
You might have a slight misconception with Garna and showstopper, Garna doesn't put them back on the field, and showstopper doesn't hit opponents directly, only their creatures.
To that end, Twilight's Call, Patriarch's Bidding, and Wake the Dead (don't ask me how I missed them myself) are 3 other amazing sources of mass recursion in black you could use. However, if you're willing to play it out, you could still use Garna and similar "back to hand" style mass recursion by abusing Pawn of Ulamog and Phyrexian Altar (or also see Pitiless Plunderer and Thermopod). Assuming just a basic 7 rats in hand, you can cast the first one, sack it to the altar for black and the eldrazi spawn token that is created at the same time provides the colorless (if needed) to cast the next rat line. Thus dumping every single one from hand back into the yard for (hopefully) massive damage and if nothing else a high storm count (if you wanna abuse that for anything). Bonus round: use the latter two I mentioned to keep casting Squee, the Immortal
As far as Showstopper goes, I think I'll be dropping it myself unless I decide to slot in a Stuffy Doll or something similar. The best use for it is when an opponent tries to decide when you kill your own board state, so you would use it to take out their board as well. Except in commander they are probably doing so via a board wipe of their own so it might be a moot point. Idk. I'll have to do some testing.
Lastly, kudos for finding yet another line of play for Judith. Since your rats will be boosting their own power most of the time, you may not need to use Ogre Battledriver for the power boost or the haste, and may want to play around Anger or slot in another form of evasion for your team.
1 week ago
Hey, looks good.
Cards to consider adding:
- Cryptbreaker: staple one drop Zombie since it's so versatile, it can make Zombie tokens or be a draw engine with Zombies.
- Lord of the Accursed: another Zombie lord, giving all Zombies menace can be a win condition.
- Plague Belcher: combos with Gravecrawler and Phyrexian Altar to kill all your opponents.
- Diabolic Intent: another powerful cheap tutor.
- Talisman of Dominance: another two drop Dimir mana rock.
- Living Death: reanimate a lot of Zombies.
- Patriarch's Bidding: reanimate all Zombies.
- Underground River
- Morphic Pool
- Tainted Isle
Cards to consider cutting:
- Dimir Cluestone
- Noosegraf Mob
- Grave Betrayal
- Increasing Ambition
- Stitcher Geralf
- 3x Island
Good luck with your deck.