Knight of the Reliquary
Creature — Human Knight
Knight of the Reliquary gets +1/+1 for each land card in your graveyard.
, Sacrifice a Forest or Plains: Search your library for a land card, put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.
|Have (4)||rockleemyhero , , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , metalmagic|
|Want (4)||brownwaterboys , Gaous , carpathium , Rabu|
Printings View all
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Rare|
|Modern Masters (MMA)||Rare|
|Duel Decks: Knights vs. Dragons (DDG)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Knight of the Reliquary occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Knight of the Reliquary Discussion
1 week ago
Thank again Suns_Champion,
Somehow the talk about Vilis made me remember I wanted to use Doom Whisperer in here, which led me to think about Dire Fleet Ravager . I also added Knight of the Reliquary which is just ridiculous in here.
1 week ago
the problem with Wilt-Leaf Liege and CoCo is the 4 drop issue. Playing both cards means that you have a lot of high cost cards for modern. CoCo is a really good card, and would also allow for Eternal Witness . There's also Gavony Township and Stirring Wildwood as lands to help you against flooding. I would personally play CoCo and trim on the lieges. CoCo also helps you find sideboard creatures for different matchups. I would personally also consider Knight of the Reliquary , which of course works best with fetchlands, but can still be used to find utility lands.
1 month ago
Creature - Worm
Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, if you sacrificed a land this turn, create a copy of Land Tiller.
I'd like a card which likes when planeswalkers use -X abilities
1 month ago
2 months ago
BMHKain but it's so much easier to add cards haha. These are the cards I would cut:
- Auriok Champion - is somewhat restrictive in 5 colors, and the card isn't very impactful.
- Zhur-Taa Druid - Does not produce colors that you wouldn't already have, and the damage is negligible in most scenarios.
- Thalia's Lieutenant - Requires a more token-based strategy to be impactful.
- Knight of the Reliquary - Situational mana fixing that doesn't ramp in your build.
- Burning-Tree Emissary - Not great at mana fixing, only seems good if you've already assembled a nice recursion engine at which point you probably don't need this.
- Champion of the Parish - Kinda vanilla.
- Crucible of Worlds - Doesn't seem that impactful. Dragon's Hoard or Coalition Relic would be better in my opinion.
- Odric, Master Tactician - Needs at least 4 dudes on board to work, and seems to be most useful when you're already winning.
- Metallic Mimic - Not very impactful here.
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation - Not very impactful here.
- Emergence Zone - You already have a couple other things that do this better.
- Anafenza, the Foremost - Unless your playgroup always has a graveyard deck at the table, I would take this out. Anafenza can hose you if somebody copies or steals it.
- Lavinia, Azorius Renegade - To me this kinda just reads "nobody can cast Pacts", which isn't that great an effect.
- Fatespinner - This card is more a minor annoyance than a threat.
- Angel of Glory's Rise - Great effect, but exiles your general. Patriarch's Bidding might be better.
2 months ago
Maybe add Oblivion Ring as a one or two of as just blanket removal against fringe cards. Also Veil of Summer in the sideboard might be useful against control. I don't like Domri that much, he seems slow and requires a lot of creatures or counter-magic from the other side to pay off in my opinion. Boros Charm and Atarka's Command are very aggressive cards that can be fantastic in zoo or burn, but this seems like it wants to play a slower and more reactive game, so you could swap them out for Collected Company / Chord of Calling and more creatures ( Elvish Reclaimer is a personal favorite, but you should probably go with some creatures from Death and Taxes lists). Otherwise, I like the plan of running either many lands (at least 24) and a few Arboreal Grazer type effects or dorks like Noble Hierarch and a slightly lower curve so you can just plan on dumping your hand and then spinning the wheel with Bloodbraid Elf and Throes of Chaos each turn. Cool deck, love Knight of the Reliquary , Throes of Chaos , and the idea of a true naya midrange deck!
2 months ago
I would maybe consider Flagstones of Trokair as a one of. It definitely has a bit of potential, but honestly the only time it is likely to die is if I sacrifice it with reclaimer or lotus. I think it might just make the Mana base worse but not really adding huge upside.
Brought Back is like a worse Grapple with the Past or Noxious Revival , so I do not think I would consider it. The double white could be rough, and the timing restrictions would really make the card inflexible.
I have considered some of the hate bears, and some of them might make it into my side board. One thing that should be pointed out is that this is essentially a beat down combo deck. Our main game plan is finding Ayula, Queen Among Bears and Ayula's Influence as quickly as possible getting them out onto the field to make a bear army that is either huge, fights opponents board, or likely both. The deck's secondary option is putting Elvish Reclaimer and Knight of the Reliquary on the field to put pressure on the opponent. Everything else is just support to either get deeper, interaction, or both.
I am not sold that this is a fully optimized list, but I am starting to feel pretty confident in where it is at.
My least confident spot is probably Grapple with the Past , but it has proved to be a great flex spot so far
2 months ago
The deck looks like it has too many cards that don't impact the board ( Eladamri's Call , Noxious Revival , etc.) and could use some action cards. I don't know exactly what those might be, but maybe switch out a few tutors or win more cards (like Ayula, Queen Among Bears ) for some disruptive creatures/enchantments ( Gaddock Teeg , Collector Ouphe , Suppression Field , whatever you think you need).