|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Portal Three Kingdoms (PTK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Take an extra turn after this one. At the end of that turn, you lose the game.
Warrior's Oath Discussion
3 weeks ago
Final Fortune it’s an instant... even better...
If u are daring and a risk taker Glorious End has won me a couple games... and if u have a sundial in there and on board u won’t lose the game at ur next turns end step :)
1 month ago
2 months ago
Krenko is hard to tune for cEDH because at his best he's probably still a 2.5-tier commander. I play Krenko as my "fair" deck but, I have given some though into making him faster. One thing I'm 100% sure of is that outside of a turn 1 wheel that has tons of ramp and nets another wheel, I see no way to get a turn 1 win with Krenko. Below are some of the cards I've considered that you don't currently have in your list.
- Add another chance for an extra turn with Warrior's Oath.
- You can take even more extra turns with Isochron Scepter + Final Fortune + Sundial of the Infinite. Add in something to untap an artifact and that would be bonkers!
- Dwarven Ruins is a not-as-good Sandstone Needle but, is still quite capable of helping with a Turn 2 Krenko.
- More 1cmc Goblins will give you more bodies, faster, and you're missing a few really good ones such as: Foundry Street Denizen, Goblin Chirurgeon, Goblin Welder and Legion Loyalist.
- Goblin Instigator is another good 2cmc (1cmc with a reducer) for 2 1/1 Goblins.
- Mass Hysteria is probably the fastest and cheapest way to get haste for ALL of your gobos!
- The more Ramp the better because that's how you're going to drop Krenko Turn 1-2 and multiply your gobos fast! Find room for that Mox Diamond and also consider: Infernal Plunge, Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Seething Song and Simian Spirit Guide.
- Draw helps a lot. You might also want to consider: Memory Jar, Reforge the Soul, Scroll Rack and Slate of Ancestry.
- More spell-cost reduction never hurt and in a tribal deck Urza's Incubator and Semblance Anvil could do some work.
- Staff of Domination to untap Krenko!
2 months ago
You'll probably want as much Ramp as possible for this theme.
Isochron Scepter is also a must. You'll probably also want to drop in Dramatic Reversal. You can make copies of Isochron Scepter with a different imprinted spell on each copy by using Copy Artifact, Copy Enchantment (use it on Copy Artifact) and Sculpting Steel.
You might also find this theme fun to combine with taking extra turns. Blue has a LOT of extra turn spells but, red also has a few however, they are a little more difficult to use because you lose at the end of the extra turn unless you have a way to stop the extra turn before the end step such as using Sundial of the Infinite. The red extra turn spells are:
- Final Fortune which, is the best of the 3 since it is an instant and can be imprinted onto Isochron Scepter
- Warrior's Oath
- Last Chance
Galvanoth is an interesting creature that could work with this deck.
5 months ago
You already have most of the budget staples but a simple, game winning combo is a traditional kiki-jiki infinite loop with either conscripts or celebrant to get either infinite combats or 3/3s. As of now the components for this combo are at around 30 dollars total.
If you think Tooth is too expensive, substitute Samut, the Tested.
Any amount of creature tutors you include in your deck will substantially increase the competitiveness. They are usually expensive.
Finally, since radha can generate resources for you in combat, employing land destruction and resource denial can be a solid strategy as well. With a Vigor spells like Wildfire and Destructive Force become advantageous mass pump spells. Boom / Bust or cycling Decree of Annihilation can strip opponents of their only mana sources leaving you with a usually insurmountable advantage.
5 months ago
Ocelot44 I appreciate the recs! I own all of those cards already except Last Chance and Warrior's Oath, but I certainly have thought about putting them in. I actually have no problem playing mass land destruction which probably seems mean but it's the honest way to combat excessive ramp and really good nonbasic land bases. Plus if I'm set up and I blow up lands it would be a potential game winner. I totally get it--I'm just not sure what I'd take out for the cards you've suggested. Anything seem particularly weak to you? Lately, I've been even considering adding Treasure Nabber for some board control on artifacts and added potential ramp.
Appreciate the comment and upvote!
5 months ago
If creatures aren’t totally out of the question, Godo, Bandit Warlord could have some synergy with your equipment and your vigilance enablers
I feel like a piece of crap for recommending this, but Decree of Annihilation is infamous because it’s instant speed MLD, and since cycling it is an activated ability, it can’t be countered - it has to be stifled instead
7 months ago
Razia's Purification has a high mana cost, but because of the possible land destruction it can really lock the board down for a few turns when the three permanents your opponents have can't stop yours. I previously played a Narset, Enlightened Master deck and used Armageddon and Bust as well to destroyed all lands.
I also used Strionic Resonator which could give you a third combat phase with Aurelia, however all your non-vigilance creatures would be tapped during the third combat phase. It's an interesting artifact but I'm not sure it would synergize well enough to include in your deck. Some exert and vigilance based decks exist that you could check out for combat phase ideas.
Another ridiculous card that you could use is Final Fortune. (also see Last Chance & Warrior's Oath) There are ways to cheat death like playing Angel's Grace or Sundial of the Infinite. Isochron Scepter is a fun card to use with Final Fortune, Angel's Grace, Deflecting Palm, Enlightened Tutor, Balance, Swords to Plowshares, and other sweet instants. These would go well with your Sunforger. Other than Helm of the Host and extra combat phase creatures, do you have ways to gain more or infinite combat phases?
No data for this card yet.