Artifact — Equipment
Equipped creature has trample and can't be blocked by more than one creature.
Equip (1) ((1): Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This card enters the battlefield unattached and stays in play if the creature leaves the battlefield.)
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Vorrac Battlehorns occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%
Vorrac Battlehorns Discussion
1 month ago
Vorrac Battlehorns makes Silvar unblockable for a cheap equip cost.
1 month ago
2 months ago
PDH needs a good grixis control deck.
I like a lot of the elements in your deck; mass discard, ETB creatures, board wipes and some of the most effective card draw and removal in Pauper.
Now, being in Blue and Black, I wonder about some of your card draw choices. You seem to play a lot of the rummaging spells like Cathartic Reunion when you could just be playing better Divination effects. Artificer's Epiphany seenms like a solid choice since you have a good number of artifacts. Compulsive Research is excellent for raw card draw. If you're going to rummage, you might as well be looting... for free. Frantic Search is great. I am not sure you run enough islands for it, but Gush is a busted card to have if you can pull it off. You could also run Hypothesizzle which does a lot of what you want to be doing. This deck in particular might be a good home for Krovikan Sorcerer. Also, no Mulldrifter? It seems perfect for this deck! I've been Probed a few more times then I'd like and I think your opponents would feel the same way. Tragic Lesson has a pretty soft drawback that you can actually take advantage of. Rhystic Study should be in your maindeck!
There's tons of good card draw out there, so it would be pretty easy to replace Cathartic Reunion, Wild Guess, Scarscale Ritual Tormenting Voice, Thrill of Possibility and Funeral Rites with basically strict upgrades.
So your main win condition is to kill the opponent with Commander damage on an empty board? You're scraping the bottom of the barrel for equipment to get there. Cranial Plating would be an excellent option for you. Copper Carapace is just as good as Vulshok Morninstar since you probably won't do much blocking and it can also be fetched with Trinket Mage. Giant's Skewer seems like it could be good with your first-striking commander. Neurok Stealthsuit is pretty much an auto-include in my deck as soon as I play Blue. Lastly Vorrac Battlehorns is great on a first-strike Creature and prevents you from being gang-blocked or chump-blocked, which is often equal to (or better than) a Bonesplitter effect.
7 months ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
11 months ago
1 year ago
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 41 VIEWS
1 year ago
Non-Linear on TRON
1 year ago
Your deck is trying to do too much at the same time, Skysovereign, Consul Flagship and Ratchet Bomb are emblematic of this. You only have one of each and they have spot removal (I think). You would be much better with other TRON cards instead of one set of Basilisk Collar .
You also need more Eldrazi to TRON. Kozelik is a waste to tron, any Ulamog or Emrakul, the Aeons Torn would do you better
And Walking Ballista is not that good here, you do not have the super ramp mana base to justify its XX cost.