Tempt with Discovery
Tempting offer — Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Each opponent may search his or her library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. For each opponent who searches a library this way, search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield. Then each player who searched a library this way shuffles it.
|Want (3)||Jaek , sedhyran72 , PGleo86|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster (MYS1)||Rare|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Latest Decks as Commander
Tempt with Discovery Discussion
3 days ago
What do you think of switching Tempt with Discovery for Hour of Promise? This necessitates adding Strip Mine for another land, which in this case was Sheltered Thicket. My rationale is I want to be casting Xyris at five mana not a ramp spell.
What has your experience been with Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath?
3 weeks ago
Trophy Mage is a great card to tutor fist and chromatic lantern if stuck.
Eerie Ultimatum does a good job of getting ur stuff back.
Tempt with Discovery might be another good cheap alternative to ramp.
Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma is very good value. People often underrate this card and let it live. Usually if you play this on seven lands, you can play another 5 mana dragon afterwards and your commander next turn.
Sarkhan's Unsealing is also pretty nuts in this kind of deck.
I quite used to like Surrak Dragonclaw when I ran a cheaper version of this deck. Makes your things un-counterable and is a trample enabler with flash.
Cheeky Dragons here is my version of a Ur Dragon Build :)
3 weeks ago
Tempt with Discovery - One of my favs but in a more competitive meta, don't they usually just strip mine whatever you tutor for?
How does Gravediggers cage and G-wave interact? Do you get the creatures from G-Wave or not? I know it's anti-synergy with Finale, but some of that is expected in a stax build.
Have you considered adding more interaction in the form of Kenrith's Transformation? It replaces itself, is cheap and shuts down commanders who cant interact with enchantments.
Nylea's Intervention - Not that you need even more anti-flying, but the land tutoring is nice. X=2-3 is a good mode and is fairly costed IMO. Helps you turn of field of the dead more consistently.
Replacing 8 forests with 8 snow-covered forests helps field of the dead turn online more quickly as well.
Yavimaya Hollow > Radiant Fountain
1 month ago
VexenX, I love the new conversation sparked by Zendikar Rising! When deck-building or adding new cards, I think it's important to revisit our win-cons. As it stands, I believe your deck has two types of win cons: burn and creature overrun. Ever since the removal of Akroma's Memorial and addition of Fiery Emancipation, I've come around to the fact that Burn is a more competitive win con. Would you disagree?
Next, since Omrath runs little removal, I believe that we should be in the mindset of designing a deck that works towards its strengths more than patching its weaknesses. This way, our goal should be to put pressure on our opponents and win as quickly as possible. You can see where I'm going with all this, as I am suggesting cuts to creature overrun enhancing cards and keeping/adding burn enhancing cards.
A few comments on your new card update post:
1) I 100% agree with Valakut Exploration. Although card draw is neat, you and everyone else on this page may be underestimating just how good the burn value can be! Because the damage is dealt to "each" opponent, we have a mini Purphoros, God of the Forge on our hands. Since Valakut Exploration burn is triggered by landfall, it works especially well with - you guessed it - Burgeoning + Ghost Town! And the more creature overrun enhancing cards like Doubling Season we slot out for cheaper draw-into-hand cards, the more smoothly Burgeoning works in the deck just by itself. And the more cheap draw-into-hand cards we have in the deck, the more likely we are to cast the cards we draw off of Valakut Exploration. Ahh!!! Okay rant done.
2) I feel like slotting out Perilous Forays is crazy talk. Other sac outlets need Omnath, Locus of Rage AND creatures to sac to take effect. Perilous Forays only needs Omnath, Locus of Rage in play - plus an upside of comboing off - plus an upside of working towards the burn win con.
3) I can see slotting out Force of Vigor. It is a flex card after all. Personally, I think 0 mana removal is too broken to cut through.
4) Ancient Greenwarden may be a godlike card, but I'd like to play devil's advocate and remind you that it is both expensive and plays towards a creature overrun win con just like Doubling Season. I respect and even back your choice to add this card, but I think it's just a little clunky and on the for-fun side.
5) Isn't Roiling Regrowth a strictly worse Springbloom Druid? Not that I'm against adding more cheap mana ramp, but I would personally add Springbloom Druid back first. For the record, I do agree with Ranger's Path being on the chopping block. Same goes for Migration Path. On paper they look just fine. In testing, I'd be happy to see one or both go.
6) I'm worried that Nahiri's Lithoforming may de-ramp us in some games resulting in an autoloss. The risk is too high for this card in too many hand states in my opinion.
7) I think Moraug, Fury of Akoum is a great reason to be back IN for the creature overrun win con. However, it benefits greatly from Doubling Season effects and doesn't synergize at all with Where Ancients Tread or sacrificing effects. This once again comes down to priority of win cons. If we're more in burn, which I personally believe us to be, than I would recommend against this.
Next, I'd like your thoughts on a few cards as additions to the deck if you wouldn't mind!
1) Play Tooth and Nail, paying it's entwine cost (9 cmc total - which is nothing for this deck)
3) When they both hit the battlefield, Terror will see Sekki and trigger causing 8 dmg to a target. In this case, point that damage right back at Sekki.
4) Sekki will lose all of it's counters, creating 8x 1/1 faeries and going to the graveyard.
5) Terror sees these 8 faeries coming in, pointing this 8 damage at a player's face.
6) Then sac all 8 faeries to bring Sekki back. (Sekki's last ability is played from the grave)
7) Rinse and repeat for an infinite damage combo.
In my opinion, adding 1 card to the deck, Sekki, Seasons' Guide, isn't a tall ask for an extra infinite combo in the deck. We already have creature tutors, so Tooth and Nail isn't even required. But after the addition of Sekki, Seasons' Guide, adding 1 more card, Tooth and Nail, instantly wins us many games when we draw it for just 9 mana. Not only do I think you could cut Craterhoof Behemoth for this combo but Craterhoof Behemoth works towards a creature overrun win con, so I'd argue it's on the chopping block anyways! You could use Avenger of Zendikar and Purphoros, God of the Forge as backup Tooth and Nail targets for the burn win con. To take this one step further, with the addition of a card that can win us the game if resolved, why not run Gamble? Twice the chance to draw into a quick and easy win con with added upside of 1 cmc and flexibility.
2) Thoughts on Skullclamp? I think it's a disgustingly good card for draw and we already have sac outlets to trigger it.
3) Thoughts on re-adding Sylvan Scrying? Ever since the removal of Tempt with Discovery, I've been missing nonbasic land tutors. Lets compare Sylvan Scrying to Rampant Growth. Rampant Growth gives us 1 mana ramp for 2 mana to use as early as turn 3. Sylvan Scrying at the very least does the same if we search up Ancient Tomb. And I think it has so much more upside if we draw it mid or late game too.
4) Thoughts on Sensei's Divining Top? I think it feels great to draw in opening hand and makes early game even more consistent.
Thanks for your time in answering my posts. I know they can be a little long!
1 month ago
That is pretty cute. I really like the idea of holding up Chord of Calling if I suspect the blue play is going to Cyclonic Rift me, currently we don't really have an answer to this short of thing. Getting landfall triggers from our utility creatures is pretty nice too. I am just not sure it is worth the slot unfortunately.
I'm currently thinking:
1 month ago
Eye of Ugin is super powerful given the cost reduction and repeatable tutor effect it offers you. Mystic Forge will let you gain some card advantage by casting eldrazi from your topdecks. You've got most of the strong budget eldrazi, but in case you missed it, Pathrazer of Ulamog is another one you can add. All Is Dust is almost completely a one sided boardwipe. It's perfect for your deck. Return of the Wildspeaker can offer you a ton of draw with basically any eldrazi you've got in play. Tempt with Discovery can get you lots of sol lands like Eldrazi Temple, Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, and Eye of Ugin all in one go. With how big your eldrazi are, and also with how many cards you have that use colorless mana, I would suggest efficient mana rocks like Worn Powerstone and Thran Dynamo. They'll accelerate you nicely. Some cards that go nicely with Jodah are Blatant Thievery, Clone Legion, and Sunbird's Invocation. I'm certain they'll do well here, too.
I'll make some suggestions for card you could remove, too. Darksteel Forge doesn't do too much for you since it won't help your eldrazi. Eldrazi Monument is actually a bad card for your deck since you don't have enough cards that makes lots of tokens, you'll end up sacrificing your bigger eldrazi which wouldn't feel very good. Elixir of Immortality really doesn't do anything for your deck. Call the Scions is pretty underwhelming and isn't much of a commander card. Skittering Invasion really doesn't do much compared to other 7 cmc spells you could run. Conflux isn't really capable of tutoring anything all that powerful for you, and Enlightened Tutor really doesn't have any worthwhile targets either. I see you have a bit of an exile and process theme with cards like Ulamog's Nullifier but I would personally change it and just go with as many backbreaking eldrazis and other spells you can. With Jodah as your commander, you can run all kinds of nasty plays.
2 months ago
3 months ago
DeinoStinkus: Tempt with Discovery is a good suggestion but from experience my usual play group never takes the offer. That being said, Minds Aglow does work well in this deck, however I have to do more testing to see if Prosperity is better because of interactions with Primal Amulet Flip