|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Uncommon|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Uncommon|
|Battle Royale Box Set (BRB)||Uncommon|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf
(Green), Tap, Sacrifice Elvish Lyrist: Destroy target enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Elvish Lyrist Discussion
2 months ago
All right, finally got the chance to take a proper look at this. Let's start with additions:
- Spelljack. Mentioned this on Reddit, but I love this card.
- Cultivate. EDH staple, should be in 95% of green decks. Nothing more to say.
- Eternal Witness. Same as above.
- Sunbird's Invocation. This card leads to insane value swings. It's fantastic.
- Beast Within. Flexible, instant-speed removal in colors that usually lack it.
- Chaos Warp. Same as above.
- Etali, Primal Storm. This card is balanced by not having haste. Wanderer changes that.
- Pathbreaker Ibex. I have one-shotted several opponents with this, Xenagos, God of Revels, and Wanderer. Do not underestimate.
- Xenagos, God of Revels. 14/12 trample haste Wanderer is insane.
- Skyshroud Claim. One of my personal favorite ramp spells. Also fetches shocklands and battlelands (like Cinder Glade).
- Avenger of Zendikar. Wins games by itself.
- Simic Signet, Izzet Signet, and Gruul Signet. Some of the best ramp in EDH in a deck that really wants ramp. Slam dunk.
- Mystical Tutor. Sets up Wanderer really well.
- Temporal Mastery. Bonkers with Wanderer and tutoring it to top of library.
- Mind's Dilation. This card gives tons of value if not immediately dealt with.
All right, on to cuts:
- Archetype of Aggression. 3 mana 3/2s aren't great, and most of your stuff has trample anyways. Nice with Wanderer, but hurts to cascade into.
- Coiling Oracle. Not a bad card by any means, but I really don't want to cascade into this.
- Elvish Lyrist. Way too slow. Run Unravel the Aether if you really need this effect.
- Jori En, Ruin Diver. I like my card draw spells to be a little flashier than this in Wanderer.
- Siren Stormtamer. I mentioned this on Reddit, but 1 mana 1/1s are really not where you want to be in Wanderer, and I don't think this does what you want it to anyways.
- Verdant Sun's Avatar. Lifegain is nice, but there are better things to do with 7 mana.
- Displace. I'm not seeing a ton of ETB effects to abuse here.
- High Tide. Not great in a 3-color non-combo deck.
- Steam Augury. Strictly worse Fact or Fiction. Meh.
- Unsummon. Not nearly good enough for EDH play. Card disadvantage and allowing re-use of ETB effects seems bad.
- Panharmonicon. Still don't think you have enough ETB effects to abuse.
- Attune with Aether. Not actual ramp; not worth 1 mana.
- Invigorating Falls. I really don't like cards that do nothing but gain life.
I think that's all I can come up with at the moment. Feel free to look at my decklist (Wandering the Eternities) if you'd like other suggestions. Good luck with your deck! I think you'll find it's a ton of fun :)
7 months ago
Te puedo pasar:
Y, en reemplazo de la cuncuna que rompe encantamientos:
1 year ago
Thanks DraftVader, I quite like Hua Tuo, Honored Physician for his effect to just bring back some of the strong creatures, such as Avenger of Zendikar, and to just bring back some other things such as the Elvish Lyrist for more removal. I do like the cards that you suggested, however I guess Hua Tuo, Honored Physician just suits my play style.
1 year ago
Akroma, Angel of Fury
Breaker of Armies
Magus of the Vineyard
Reya Dawnbringer sadly doesnt fit
Wall of Vines
Not sure u need Cataclysm.
Other stuff to come
1 year ago
Wirewood Herald is good, but it's problem is he has to die :) and my friends know my deck a bit and they don't want to kill him.
The strategy is simple: rush towards a Tajura Pathwarden or 6 / 7 creatures and then use the instants to kill them off.
1 year ago
ok, I will now comment every card somehow. Please take my critics as constructive
Elvish Champion is a nice card, if used well. The +1/+1 is of course nice, but beware, it gives ALL elves +1/+1 - this includes the elves of opponents! Elvish Archdruid has the same mana cost, is a bit cheaper to buy and even gives you tons of mana. here you should look for a mana sink, such as Ezuri, Renegade Leader (maybe a bit over your budget).Imperious Perfect also is a nice 3drop that allows you to create even more elves. Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen is a 4drop, but also gives a nice boost and gives a great life boost. All of these are better than Elvish Champion in most games. There is a tricky way though to make the champion quite nasty: Unstable Frontier! Make other lands to forests and just rush in with your elves!
Elvish Pioneer is nice, but I would still prefer Llanowar Elves or Arbor Elf, because they always give you one mana when on the battlefield. Elvish Pioneer's ability is useless if you have no forest in hand (which happens often in the late game).
Elvish Visionary as I said before, great card!
Gempalm Strider underestimated card! I like him.
Lys Alana Huntmaster is also awesome (as said before), but if you want to play him I would focus even more around him/her.
Sylvan Messenger I got mixed feelings here... I never tried him I have to admit, but he looks good on paper.
Tajuru Pathwarden hum... I am not sure if he fits. As finishers, there are better options (maybe also non-elves). If it is important to you to only have elves, I would probably pick others, such as the +1/+1 choices I told you above.
Thornweald Archer also very underestimated and I love him. I would probably put him into the sideboard though.
So, to put it in a nutshell, this already fels way better than before I think (if I recall it right), but I still think you have problems deciding for a strategy.
1 year ago
I'd drop Scavenging Ooze, Reclamation Sage, Mirror Entity, and the Spellskite. Maybe add in some black for a Shaman of the Pack, Dwynen's Elite, maybe even a Foul-Tongue Shriek. The Chord of Calling I wouldn't personally use unless I had a big creature I was trying to drop onto the field. Imagine hitting 2 Shaman of the Pack with a Collected Company and a board full of elves. As for side board if you want to keep it creature based you could toss in Elvish Scrapper, and Elvish Lyrist. Essence Warden wouldn't be bad if you needed some life gain.