|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Warrior
, Sacrifice Viridian Zealot: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||sombrevivo , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , killstars , Mortiferus_Rosa , electrolynx , tragic_slip , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , Reliva , damo_rox , duff87 , mziter501 , samuelproulx , Pumpkinking913|
|Want (8)||AlphaSp , xpsychovampx , Gryffix , Feyd-Rautha , pelzee , bezet , blaze333 , pmpott|
Viridian Zealot Discussion
6 days ago
Hi! Looks like a good start to me! Here are some suggestions:
- Priest of Titania. This card is seriously broken.
- Elvish Clancaller. While you won't be using the second ability, a 2-mana lord is always good.
- Joraga Treespeaker is an excellent mana dork.
- Wirewood Symbiote is also rather broken. Bounce your Elvish Visionary to untap your Priest of Titania, drawing more cards and making more mana? Yes please.
- Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip. Gaea's Cradle is very expensive; this is significantly less so, but also very powerful.
- Wirewood Lodge. Opportunity cost is tiny, and can net you so much mana when it's useful.
- Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx. Same as above.
- Song of the Dryads. Mono-Green has problems dealing with creatures; this card would be basically unplayable in any other color, but is very good here.
- Craterhoof Behemoth just wins games.
- Triumph of the Hordes. Same as above.
- Regal Force can draw tons of cards.
- Krosan Grip is just powerful utility removal. Should be in every green deck IMO.
- Door of Destinies makes your 1/1s into serious threats.
- Heroic Intervention can protect your board from targeted removal and board wipes alike.
- Prism Ring is just bad. You don't have any lifegain synergies, and it's just not worth the card.
- Blunt the Assault is also just plain bad. I don't think you need Fog effects, but if you do, simple Fog is probably better.
- Nevinyrral's Disk. You have a lot of creatures, and usually don't want to be wiping the board.
- Krosan Restorer. Good mana dork, but not an elf.
- Karametra's Acolyte. Same.
- Llanowar Mentor. This card is cute, but not that powerful in practice.
- Might of the Masses. Combat tricks are usually pretty bad in Commander, and this one is no exception.
- Wirewood Pride. Same.
- Presence of Gond. Unless you're going infinite (which you're not), this card just doesn't do much.
- Elvish Pioneer is a bad mana dork.
- Leaf Gilder. Same as above.
- Elvish Soultiller. It would be one thing if this added them to your hand, but just shuffling cards into your library isn't that powerful.
- Viridian Zealot. There are better Naturalize effects.
Hope this helps! Feel free to message me any time!
1 week ago
Alright, it seems the deck is a bit top heavy. Here are my suggestions. I have structured this rework of the deck to sac and get the mana out quick till you can have Meren stay on the board long enough or just hard cast the big things. You don't have to take my suggestions but I highly insist that this will make her work again.
1 month ago
Yeah I think it looks fine as it is. It’s a few cards over the 60 card mark (as you’re aware) but it’s a casual deck so that doesn’t really matter at all. I think 2 Deadbridge Chants should be fine, the CMC’s probably too high for any more than that. You might want to consider Caustic Caterpillar to replace Viridian Zealot; the caterpillar trades 1 power for 1 less green to cast. They’re very similar and it’s really up to you whether you prefer the higher power or the lower cost.
But yeah overall I like it. Seems like it would work pretty well. Nice deck, well done!
1 month ago
I think your underestimating my suggestion of Victimize, it costs 1 less mana than Zombify and at the expense of sacrificing a cheap creature it reanimates rather 2 creatures even if so etb as tapped. I think Victimize would be the better choice, but if you still disagree you should at least consider Dread Return if you can acquire them over Zombify as it's a slight upgrade.
I think you should also add in something like Torgaar, Famine Incarnate as 1x of that I featured in that above list, it makes for a good reanimation target for a few reasons: first of all the most obvious is to halve your opponents life total, but something you may not have thought of is that it can also be a way for you to gain a little bit of life. It also unlike Pelakka Wurm, and Moldgraf Monstrosity is much easier to cast if necessary when reanimating something is not an option due to it's cost reduction effect.
Also do you encounter a lot of artifacts or something? I don't think Viridian Zealot is necessary here otherwise, in any case if you do feel you need such an effect you should swap them for Caustic Caterpillar, or Manglehorn?
2 months ago
Looks pretty solid. I think the biggest downfall is graveyard hate. Most of that that i can think of is enchantment or artifact. Tormod's Crypt, Leyline of the Void, Grafdigger's Cage, Ground Seal, Nihil Spellbomb, Crook of Condemnation. I would run more hate for it. Krosan Grip is a staple, but something recurring like Rust Scarab or creatures that add to your strategy like Thrashing Brontodon or Viridian Zealot could be good too. You unfortunately are not in the colors for Aura Shards but i think that your strategy is solid, it just lacks protection for it.
2 months ago
4 months ago
Sorry for doubling up in the comments but as a huge Mazirek player I have to suggest these - Noxious Gearhulk, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Hex, Savra, Queen of the Golgari, Slum Reaper, Perilous Predicament, Vona's Hunger, Barter in Blood, The Eldest Reborn, Grave Pact, Ghost Quarter, Field of Ruin, Sylvok Replica, Caustic Caterpillar, and Viridian Zealot. Great work with the list so far!
5 months ago
You definitely need more card draw Elemental Bond, Mouth / Feed, Skullclamp, Deathreap Ritual and Culling Dais would be my card engines of choice. With eight of them in the deck you should be able to have one most of the time.