|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Elf Warrior
, Sacrifice Viridian Zealot: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||sombrevivo , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , killstars , Mortiferus_Rosa , electrolynx , tragic_slip , Friedrice24 , frederiklw , Reliva , damo_rox , duff87 , mziter501 , Pumpkinking913 , samuelproulx|
|Want (5)||AlphaSp , xpsychovampx , Gryffix , Feyd-Rautha , Syram|
Viridian Zealot Discussion
6 days ago
Looks pretty solid. I think the biggest downfall is graveyard hate. Most of that that i can think of is enchantment or artifact. Tormod's Crypt, Leyline of the Void, Grafdigger's Cage, Ground Seal, Nihil Spellbomb, Crook of Condemnation. I would run more hate for it. Krosan Grip is a staple, but something recurring like Rust Scarab or creatures that add to your strategy like Thrashing Brontodon or Viridian Zealot could be good too. You unfortunately are not in the colors for Aura Shards but i think that your strategy is solid, it just lacks protection for it.
2 weeks ago
2 months ago
Sorry for doubling up in the comments but as a huge Mazirek player I have to suggest these - Noxious Gearhulk, Tetzimoc, Primal Death, Hex, Savra, Queen of the Golgari, Slum Reaper, Perilous Predicament, Vona's Hunger, Barter in Blood, The Eldest Reborn, Grave Pact, Ghost Quarter, Field of Ruin, Sylvok Replica, Caustic Caterpillar, and Viridian Zealot. Great work with the list so far!
3 months ago
You definitely need more card draw Elemental Bond, Mouth / Feed, Skullclamp, Deathreap Ritual and Culling Dais would be my card engines of choice. With eight of them in the deck you should be able to have one most of the time.
4 months ago
Hi, I have a very similar elf focused Ezuri deck you might want to check out
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 2 | 44 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
My advice, swap everything you can into a power 2 creature with the same function: Bramblecrush for Acidic Slime, Naturalize for Viridian Zealot, Call to Mind and Nature's Spiral for Eternal Witness and Den Protector, Simic Signet for some ofther mana dork, if possible get a Priest of Titania, Exclude for Silumgar Sorcerer, you get the idea.
Most of your creatures are green but your counters most of them require double blue. Try to use low cost counterspells that requiere only one blue mana. It doesen't matter if they aren't hard counters, usually the non creature spells will be the most dangerous for your, especially the sorceries. Disdainful Stroke, Stubborn Denial, Swan Song. Counterspell on a creature are also great on this deck, specially if they have evasion on their own Stratus Dancer, Siren Stormtamer, Mausoleum Wanderer.
You will need a ton of card draw, much more than in any other deck. Your spells are cheap and you will empty your hand really fast. Life's Legacy and Give / Take (you can ignore the Give part) are my favourites for this deck because they are really low cost and give you a ton of cards. There are higher cost spells that will get you about as much without having to consume your creature or your +1/+1 counters, but the low cost is critical.
Door of Destinies will make prevent Ezuri from getting experience and is quite slow. You don't really need it because Ezuri is there to buff your creatures. For similar effects in a more efficient and explosive way Master Biomancer or Bloodspore Thrinax. The best thing is Cultivator of Blades because it gives you three experience ounters, and only buffs your guys when it attacks, so Ezuri keeps getting experience.
Mycoloth is absurdly good with Ezuri, they feed each other just what each one of them wants.
You will also need a tons of ways to save Ezuri, he will be the target of all your opponents removal.
Try to include as few lands that enter tapped as possible, a second turn Elvish Mystic is not half as good.
4 months ago
Well you have an idea but this needs a bit of work, creature heavy decks with little to no sorcories, instants, enchantments, and artifacts fall flat on their face for the lack of support. I'm going to list some for you.
Instants / Sorceries
Buried Alive, Jarad's Orders, Living Death, Abrupt Decay, Entomb, Krosan Grip, Putrefy, Nature's Claim, Kodama's Reach, Demonic Tutor, Cultivate, Victimize, Dread Return, Living Death, Traverse the Ulvenwald, Splendid Reclamation
Birthing Pod, Skullclamp, Lightning Greaves, Ashnod's Altar, Swiftfoot Boots, Bonehoard, Mind Stone, Commander's Sphere, Fellwar Stone, Lifecrafter's Bestiary, Whip of Erebos, Mesmeric Orb, Crucible of Worlds
Sakura-Tribe Elder, Shriekmaw, Caustic Caterpillar, Merciless Executioner, Spore Frog, Reclamation Sage, Eternal Witness, Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Sheoldred, Whispering One, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Deathrite Shaman, Yavimaya Elder, Yahenni, Undying Partisan, Ramunap Excavator , Viridian Zealot, Kessig Cagebreakers, Genesis, Nighthowler, Crypt Ghast, Nyx Weaver, Solemn Simulacrum, Fleshbag Marauder, Triskelion, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, World Shaper, Thrashing Brontodon, Lord of Extinction, Solemn Simulacrum, Smothering Abomination, Noxious Gearhulk
liliana, death's majesty
5 months ago
Hey, i'd like to give you my opinion on some of the (not overpowered) cards you might be missing and some that i think underperform in this deck after some time playing with Meren.
- Golgari Charm: This card always disappoints me. Every effect on this card is not very appealing for Meren, the only good board state i see myself playing this is if my opponent has a couple mana dorks and for some reason i have nothing on board. If you are worried about infinite combos that involve some enchantment i'd play Krosan Grip or Viridian Zealot considering you already have Acidic Slime and Reclamation Sage.
- Buried Alive: This card is a must. You can throw some mana dorks, sack outlets or the all-star Spore Frog to your graveyard on early game to start the engine or find some finishers on late game.
- Liliana, Heretical Healer Flip: Play this for control matchups to support the Mindslicer effect, very easy to flip and can reanimate your low CMC creatures for some great value.
- Living Death: Weird card, i can't think of an appropiate board state where i'd like to play this. If your engine is working you usually have more creatures on the battle field rather than your graveyard. If the engine is not working you probably have an empty graveyard or not much value there anyway. Dont think of Meren as a dredge deck that will fill your graveyard with value in a couple turns, most games the value is in your hand or rotating between your battlefield and graveyard.
- Dusk Legion Zealot + Elvish Visionary (The card advantage engine): I've been impressed by the performance of "one shot" draw spells like Altar's Reap,Night's Whisper or Sign in Blood on my decks as 2-mana draw two, with Altar's Reap beign an awesome top deck in mid to late game. Of course i play this with repeatable card draw like Phyrexian Arena or Sylvan Library
- Yahenni, Undying Partisan + Wrath: I've won some matches with this combo and Yahenni is a great sack outlet as its very hard to deal with
- A bit Enchantment heavy: ive found Evolutionary Leap to be somewhat disappointing. Try All Is Dust + From Beyond instead of Awakening Zone for some ramp/colorless emergency removal as backup against obnoxious cards such as Iona, Shield of Emeria. Duplicant works aswell.
- No tutors?: Cruel Tutor, Worldly Tutor or even Diabolic Tutor are fair cards that will help you find answers more efficiently than pure card advantage
- Shady Finishers: Gray Merchant of Asphodel loves Grave Titan or Razaketh, the Foulblooded. Even Avenger of Zendikar with all the basic land fetching you can do would work better than Regal Behemoth or Massacre Wurm i think.