|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Uncommon|
|Time Spiral (TSP)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature has flying and "Sacrifice a creature: This creature gets +2/+1 until end of turn."
When Fallen Ideal is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Fallen Ideal to its owner's hand.
|Have (48)||Tommuz , Lucretian , RPG_FOX , Clawsun73 , sneferie , gildan_bladeborn , Hakira , marcus638 , mcstang1986 , Notepad95 , conker3009 , , Austin0 , SoggyGecko , Hootiequack , failurechild88 , Puzzlemayor , voidruby , Ellyreia , Nemesis , Malachy_ , Snydog17 , joshw335 , Atroxreaper , thetechzombie , KB2187 , darthnuchi , Raknamadak , bigc137 , duff87 , chrishuffman95 , Skydra2 , Riders_of_Brohan , meowCat1234 , 2austin5 , mziter501 , miracle , saj0219 , Esquire_ , BLEATH , sonnet666 , awalloftext , yerfdog1935 , TypicalTimmy , bakeraj4 , Bluboltar , weirdtimes2004 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (23)||hyrulian , mini_tb , joshw335 , adb_slayer , Brodolf , TheMagicReturns , Ariumlegion , arthurxisde , Kleptozaniac , P13 , Dk1997 , volcomstone2892 , king0fclubs , olivebagel , Totaemuegerli , PopeJonIII , Swagrajag , snowmaster55555atgmaildotcom , beckhr , bsorner3 , WORD_559 , IBWolfKnight , PoisonSamurai|
Fallen Ideal Discussion
1 day ago
So first of all, I’d like to suggest a handful of death effects.
Ogre Slumlord spits out nasty deathtouchers that can deter many non-lethal attacking forces, only first strikers would want to swing into them.
Blood Artist is a favorite of mine, hits all creatures that go to yards and is a constant life swing, it’s a card that is situationally better than Zulaport Cutthroat.
Razaketh, the Foulblooded offers a tutor for a sac and two life. In this deck that doubles to two tutors. A bit high cmc but being able to tutor in response to other players can win you the game in as little as one rotation.
Fallen Ideal is an amazing win con to have in your back pocket. Throwing the enchantment on Teysa and sacrificing a mere 5 creatures is enough to swing in the air for lethal. As an added bonus, the enchanted creature can sac itself to dodge removal and return fallen ideal to your hand.
Culling Dais is a card that I used in my Teysa deck, here it has twice the draw power. With a tap to sac you can use it in response to removal in order to gain card advantage.
That’s all for now, you’ll hear from me again soon!
6 days ago
Nice write-up! Probably took some good time to type it all down.
I did have to sort your deck on type instead of your custom types to make some sence of it though ;)
I’ve been working on a meren deck with a similar sacrifice idea for a couple of years now, though the plan is a bit different they here I do have some suggestions and tips based on my experience with the archetype.
There are probably some cards here that have been mentioned before or have been tested, so sorry for that.
sac outlets are the bread and butter of these types of deck. You always need one in play or the deck falls short (this is also one of the weak point that you can attack these decks on). Some sac outlets that I haven’t seen mentioned yet:
1) Evolutionary Leap . Except that it’s not a free sac outlet I think one of the best out there!
2) Spawning Pit . One of my favorites, create more tokens from sacing creatures and it’s free to activate. Also it can quite easily go infinite with Doubling Season
3) Attrition . It’s probably mentioned somewhere her and I probably looked over it because everyone knows this.
4) Altar of Dementia . Better in meren then it’s here but still has its uses if you want to go with an infinite combo.
5) Culling Dais . Value
6) Dark Privilege . Protection of commander and outlet in one.
7) Fallen Ideal . Recurring outlet is always nice.
8) Yahenni, Undying Partisan . Indestructible outlet.
9) Helm of Possession . If people are going big.
10) Plagued Rusalka . If people are going wide.
11) Claws of Gix . Can sac any permanent and is the cheapest outlet ever made.
Some utility creatures:
12) Wirewood Herald . This is one of my favorite fun cards in my deck. Your already playing a few good other elves (rec sage, izoni, wood elves, elvish visionary) so I definitely suggest adding this one!
13) Viridian Emissary and Primal Druid are all stars in my deck. Might be useful here over some of the 3 mana ramp creatures?? (Emissary is a bit better because of clamp, and it’s an elf).
14) Golgari Findbroker . Witness #2, also it’s an elf.
15) Sengir Autocrat and Mitotic Slime . These cards give 4 and 7 sacrifices respectively. They are some of the payoff cards that I use. Especially fond of autocrat since it works with savra and skullclamp very well.
16) Reassembling Skeleton . Another one of my payoff cards, and can get nuts of I have a good board. Also there are few ways to go infinite with this one (there is a 4 card combo with this in your deck right now).
17) Savra, Queen of the Golgari . It’s an elf and since it’s a creature its easier to tutor then an enchantment. The life gain is also nice!
And one more random card that doesn’t belong in above categories:
18) Foster . At 4 mana a bit expensive but boy what value this card can give!
Some of the cars you tested and took out I’d like to comment on. I find them very very useful and would probably never cut them in my deck:
19) Fecundity . This card is the best card in my deck, the only time it’s not great is when I’m playing against weenies or people are trading creatures with each other without me having a board presents. I don’t really care if people draw a card if I kill there 6 mana creatures because it still slows them down. What’s so good about this card that It provides us with a great amount of value. This card draws of tokens which is awesome and most of the creatures your running give to sac triggers anyway. In 90% the cases this card will generate more value for us then for other players.
20) Deathreap Ritual . The only reason I’d ever cut this card is the mana cost, which at 4 is a bit expensive. You however stated the reason for excluding this card is the lack of value. I’d like to point out that Morbid doesn’t only trigger at the end of your turn but at the end of EVERY turn. It also triggers when any creature dies, so it doesn’t have to be yours and, like fecundity, it triggers of tokens dying to!! In a four player game this card can give an easy 4 cards a round.
21) Golgari Germination . I like this mostly because I play above mentioned cards which benefit hugely from tokens dying, but even without this it’s a great card rewarding you for any sacrifice and being an enchantment it’s a bit more durable as well.
22) Sakura-Tribe Elder . At two mana and a build in sac outlet this card is a cheap ramp spell that functions at all time and can provide value even if you don’t have a sac outlet in play. But if you have experienced trough testing that you get more value out of a 3 drop ramp creature then it might be different for your deck compared to meren.
Hereby I end my epistle with a last note that if your looking to take out some card I’d look at everything above 4 mana and everything with X in the mana cost. I find I always take out these in the end since I can’t cast them reliably. (5 drops stay when they are very good for the deck though).
1 month ago
One of my favorite cards in my Shattergang Brothers deck (or pretty much any deck really) is Feldon of the Third Path. It's a great way to recur value creatures, and even turns them into artifacts to give you more options sacrificing them to your commander.
I'm not sold on Undying Rage being the third-best recurring enchantment in this deck. Normally I wouldn't be a huge fan of Rancor either, but you have such a high density of heavy hitters that I think it's worth it. In place of Unstoppable Rage, I think either Fallen Ideal or Glistening Oil would be better. Glistening Oil would help your beaters kill at a much smaller size, while Fallen Ideal would be nice as a free sacrifice outlet to make sure creatures you want to recur make it to the graveyard.
One card that would fit really well in your build would be Pitiless Plunderer. It generates mana so you can activate Shattergang Brothers multiple times in a turn, and generates artifact tokens to serve as fodder for his ability.
Finally, another of my favorite cards for Shattergang is Deathbringer Thoctar. It lets you ping off 1-toughness creatures for free to make Shattergang's sacrifice triggers more impactful, and grows out of control really quickly as creatures die.
4 months ago
First off, cool deck! Haven't seen a whole lot of eldrazi decks that are B/G for EDH. For suggestions, your CMC is very high so I'd add more ramp and at least 1 more land. As the above poster said, extricator is not legal for your deck so you can cut him. That gives you one slot to play around with. I realize you're on a budget so I won't suggest things like Mana Crypt or Ancient Tomb. Again however, I'd try my best to either add more ramp or more lands. Also I'd add in removal of some sort if possible. I'll list my suggestions. I won't suggest anything over $6.
7 months ago
Philigan87: Thank you! I feel vindicated to know that some of the old cards impress you; you clearly know the modern game very well, and I think that if you like a card, it says something!
For Omnath (and related threats), I'm planning to run Circle of Protection: Red, Slaughter, and Deathgrip. The catch is that they're all very expensive to use; I can see the point of Armament of Nyx, if you don't expect too many Wraths or have a good way to get cards back from the graveyard.
Spectra Ward: I like the abilities but not the casting cost. I'd definitely prefer Flickering Ward, especially since it's a card-drawing engine with Enchantresses in play.
Silent Sentinel: use Monk Idealist.
Agreed that Broken Fall is unnecessary with Karador. It gives you some more draw with Enchantresses, but you don't need that if you're making efficient use of your graveyard.
I agree that Dueling Grounds isn't the best card here; it's one of those cards that either you build the whole deck around, or you don't use at all...
Some other cards I think you'll find interesting:
- Light of Day is a one-card win condition against most Zombie decks.
- Allay. (Note, Shred Memory can tutor into it.) I think Allay has a place in almost any deck, but it's something to worry about once people who splash white discover it. As answers to it, there are three white counterspells in Future Sight (there's a "List of Color Pie Bends/Breaks" that mentions them) -- and there's Null Brooch, from Exodus, the same set as Allay itself.
- Sacred Mesa. At first I was stubbornly running it because I liked the flavor; but I'm starting to think that it's a really strong card. Look at Black Market + Sacred Mesa + Twilight Drover , especially!
- For mana ramp: Carpet of Flowers and Priest of Titania. Priest of Titania is one of those cards that breaks the game completely if she sticks around -- and I think she's on-theme for this deck, too! (Imagine getting away with Priest of Titania + Soul Foundry .)
7 months ago
I haz ideas. So I saw this deck played on Commander Vs, and basically they played the deck like a G/B Sac deck so... we are gonna do the same.
Cards to add:
- Dark Prophecy
- Night Soil
- Perilous Forays
- Journey to Eternity Flip
- Dread Return
- Ever After
- Green Sun's Zenith
- Hour of Promise
- Solemn Simulacrum
- Acidic Slime
- Disciple of Bolas
- Greenwarden of Murasa
- Korozda Guildmage
- Regal Force
- Sakura-Tribe Elder
- Smothering Abomination
- Woodfall Primus
- Yavimaya Elder
- Nemata, Grove Guardian
- Verdeloth the Ancient
- Whisper, Blood Liturgist
- Sidisi, Undead Vizier
Cards to cut:
8 months ago
Ares111123 I never thought of Reiver Demon as an option. I think it depends on what draw cards I put in in place of Serum Visions and Fallen Ideal because I like that Dregs of Sorrow destroys creatures and draws cards. Even if it is a slightly worse board wipe than Reiver Demon.
I really appreciate the feedback on the 8 non-zombie creatures I got going on. I've personally never run into that problem yet but being as that you did it's obviously a possibility so Arcane Adaptation should probably find a home in here unless i trade out some non-zombs for zombs.
8 months ago
Ares111123 Great suggestions! I actually have a Nykthos but I'm using it in my mono-red deck right now. I may invest in another one soon. Sensei's is also in the mono-red only cause that needs more help with cycling through the deck. I definitely want to take out Serum Visions for something better (in the name of draw). I may add Erebos, but I'm more inclined to put in a Phyrexian Arena in. Do you think I should run the arena and Rhystic Study? Also not sure how I feel about Fallen Ideal but in the right acenario it gives Grimgrin flying and it is also an alt sac outlet.
What do you think about Secrets of the Dead? I have it and have toyed with the idea of using it.
Fallen Ideal occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.0%