Combos Browse all Suggest
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
|Commander: Rule 0||Legal|
|Pauper Duel Commander||Legal|
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature or discard a card.
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
3 days ago
Really nice! I've been perfecting my elemental Mardu deck for a year or so now. My goal was budget, heavy hitting tramplers, and reanimation. I had many of the same ideas you have here except white gives me access to Spark Trooper for lifegain.
- Stigma Lasher has a very nice place in my deck. It helps fill the early game but also shuts down lifegain decks by turn 3.
- I just recently replaced Double Cleave (the double strike strategy) with the newly reprinted Twinflame. It makes sense to also use Twinflame on Thunderkin Awakener where Double Cleave didn't. I figured 1 instant speed double strike 6/1 was weaker then 2 6/1s from my graveyard. This could possibly be a solution to your search for more Unearth-like cards.
- Speaking of Unearth, may I suggest using the new on-theme version: Unearth
- I decided to protect Thunderkin Awakener with Infiltration Lens because him getting blocked is most likely how he’ll die. This is because, Thunderkin must attack to trigger so why not force your opponents to decide between 1 elemental from your graveyard or maybe two from the top of your deck. Plus, I usually have an Unearth in hand. Or, maybe I'll draw into another Thunderkin.
- Also, Infiltration Lens can also be equipped to the 6/1s to encourage full damage throughput.
- There have been some games I’ve played where my graveyard seemed to run just a little dry. All my reanimation cards felt like dead cards especially when Thunderkin Awakener was doing his job. I found that drawing extra into more elementals was more reliable.
I do like a few cards you are using. I’ll look into replacing my Fall of the Hammer with Bone Shards; I really like what has been said here about it. Also Blood Mist sounds fun; I wounder if its not too slow.
If you are interested, here is the link to my deck for reference. Tappedout thinks its 75% competitive.
2 weeks ago
Doom Blade is kind of out classed at this point; there are better removal options. Since it can't target black creatures, that's 1/5 of the color pie that can't be affected. Feed the Swarm or Bone Shards are other options.
3 weeks ago
If I have a Spellskite and my opponent deals combat damage with Eradicator Valkyrie then activates their "Boast" ability, can I change the targeted creature my opponent plans to sacrifice to Spellskite, thereby countering the ability since Spellskite is not one of their creatures? Or would I not even be able to change the target to an illegal creature? Similar question with its interaction with cards like Bone Shards.
1 month ago
both Grave Pact and Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord seem to be going against your strategy of being a fast aggro deck - and both will be particularly hard to cast with 17 lands (especially Jared, having soo few green sources outside of treasure). I think these cards will slow you down more than they will help you.
I’m also unconvinced that any of Gather the Pack, Village Rites, or Deadly Dispute help you play aggressively. I would think that these slots would be better suited towards being more quick threats, rather than slowly looking through your deck for stuff.
You have almost no reason to run green, especially as i’m not convinced any of your current green choices are worth running (there is Hardened Scales, but i’m not sure its worth splashing a whole colour for). Have you considered swapping green out for red instead, to give you access to Dreadhorde Butcher and Lightning Bolt?
1 month ago
Oh this deck is right up my alley.
2 months ago
Okay so I'm new to deckbuilding, especially for EDH so I'm just wondering if anyone has any useful/practical suggestions for this deck. I thought Abomination of Llanowar was a cool card, so I wanted to build around that concept of getting a lot of elves onto the field and my graveyard to really boost its power and toughness.
One thing I'll mention is that, with the exception of cards that are already present in the deck, I don't want to spend more then $3-5 on a single card. So keeping all of this in mind, any suggestions?
Commander: - Abomination of Llanowar
Creatures: - Elvish Eulogist - Elvish Archdruid - Imperious Perfect - Lys Alana Huntmaster - Immaculate Magistrate - Marwyn, the Nurturer - Elvish Visionary - Shaman of the Pack - Lathril, Blade of the Elves - Dwynen, Gilt-Leaf Daen - Beast Whisperer - Timberwatch Elf - Elvish Mystic - Canopy Tactician - Poison-Tip Archer - Skemfar Avenger - Skemfar Shadowsage - Wolverine Riders - Ruthless Winnower - Wellwisher - Golgari Findbroker - Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord - Rhys the Exiled - Nightshade Harvester - Gilt-Leaf Winnower - Elvish Doomsayer - Storrev, Devkarin Lich - Nadier's Nightblade - Fyndhorn Elves - Llanowar Elves
Sorcery: - Cultivate - Rampant Growth - Eyeblight Massacre - Shamanic Revelation - Casualties of War - Dig Up - Victimize - Sign in Blood - Spark Harvest - Diabolic Tutor - Deadly Brew - Bone Shards - Elvish Promenade
Lands: - Evolving Wilds - Command Tower - Path of Ancestry - Llanowar Wastes - Jungle Hollow - Skemfar Elderhall - Golgari Guildgate - Tainted Wood - Necroblossom Snarl - Myriad Landscape - Foul Orchard - Darkmoss Bridge - Forest x13 - Swamp x13
2 months ago
If you're trying to use Mistbind Clique to get extra ETB activations for your other faeries you may also want to consider any combination of Bone Shards,Naban, Dean of Iteration, Riptide Laboratory and Spark Harvest. To supplement this strategy you then may want to consider Faerie Harbinger and Faerie Seer. Hope this helps. Happy Hunting!
2 months ago
Necesito practicar mas en español. Lo siento por cualquier error.
Creo que este mazo necesita uno o dos mas tierras.
Espero que esto Ud. ayudase! (Y de nuevo, lo siento por cualquier error en traducción.)