|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Dinosaur
Enrage - Whenever Ripjaw Raptor is dealt damage, draw a card.
Ripjaw Raptor Discussion
1 month ago
Thanks for your comment.
I really like Vivien, Champion of the Wilds because it allows me to give my Ripjaw Raptor /Lyra/Resplendent/ Storrev Vigilance and Reach, allowing me attack and block anything from Drakes and Tempest Djinn , to . I also like her because I can cast my creature spells as though they had flash and she forms a grind loop with Storrev, Devkarin Lich .
1 month ago
My comment is incoming 9-lives!
SCORE: 7 | 12 COMMENTS | 1265 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
Hope you like it!
2 months ago
Agree with many of the comments above. Try to limit single use cards. Can't recommend too much w/o knowing a specific meta, but look at the comment above for a lot of advice. I personally enjoy Ripjaw Raptor and Vivien Reid over Domri. Zhur-Taa Goblin doesn't seem that good in the Sb. Cindervines is a really sweet card.
2 months ago
Hey, you asked my opinion. One time I read about consistence of decks composition. There is a lot of single copy cards, this make the game very unpredictible for yourself, lack of a solid strategy. My advice is to focus in more 3 and 4 copies of a single card and lass 1 and 2. But is a great selection o of card for a Gruul deck.
- Llanowar Elves , keep 4 of it.
- Dire Fleet Daredevil is a good card, but situational, 2 of then if you want to keep.
- Thorn Lieutenant is a good creature, good effect. But more oriented for a token deck, i would not put in this deck.
- Captain Lannery Storm takeout, have no synergy.
- Deathgorge Scavenger same as above.
- Gruul Spellbreaker best creature Gruul, 4 of them.
- Reclamation Sage and Thrashing Brontodon have the same objective. If I would choose Thrashing Brontodon . But have you see the Cindervines ? Is a good adittion, but I wold keep in the Side. For a enchant/artifact more oriented deck. Well, would use 2 or 3 of them if is that the case.
- Now the 4 cost I would consider to run few of them, would slowdown to much the deck.
- Dagger Caster is a good card, but would take it out.
- Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma you dont have that much of 4 power or more in the deck, would take out or increse the number Goreclaw for 3 and put more 4 power creatures. But I dont think is the case.
- Grand Warlord Radha good, not more them 2. since is legendary,
- Nullhide Ferox Very nice! 2 of Him wold make a great addition.
- Ripjaw Raptor Good for a draw. 2 of them but the other 4 creatures are better.
- Vine Mare is a good creature, against black is a unblockeable tank. But same as above, we have better creatures.
- 5, is a liitle mor harder to put on field. but...
- Charging Monstrosaur I love this guy, I would put 3 of them, if you can. Haste, Trample, maybe 6/6 with riot. Perfect.
- Demanding Dragon lets stay wtih only 3 creatures with 5 cost? Só choose betwew the Mostrosaur ou this little Dragon guy here.
- Ravager Wurm 1 is enogh, a nice surprise if you can cast it.
- Lava Coil Good removal, 3 of them, 3 of Lightning Strike or 3 of Thrash / Threat , they have pretty much the same cost and remove cards. Lava Coil is solid, Lightning Strike is flexible and Thrash / Threat work out with yours creatures power. I would choose one of them. Maybe leave one on side.
- Act of Treason I dont think that is a good card to the deck.
- Fight with Fire Great, 2 is a good number for it. can takeout a lot of threats.
- Response / Resurgence , woith Fight with Fire this is a little unecessary. Have a cheap cost, but is situational. Is a instant, make a little more flexible. If you keep it 3 of them would be nice.
- Rhythm of the Wild Put 3 of it, please xD.
- Domri, Chaos Bringer and Vivien Reid . Choose one and keep 2 of it. I wold go with Domri.
2 months ago
I have switched towards Experimental Frenzy due to its combo with Wayward Swordtooth and Treasure Map Flip. I have two copies of Ripjaw Raptor in the sideboard as it proves a worthwhile addition against aggro decks - it's not that easy to remove and especially for Big Red deck and Red Deck Wins type of decks (even if they do I am happy since they have to use two spells and I draw two cards).
2 months ago
The deck idea is really kinky and I wanted to try it for quite some time. So I finally copied your deck from some days ago and started my own tests. Right now it feels like sometimes I'm missing carddraw... Ripjaw Raptor works good against some aggro decks but other are able to remove or ignore it. Do you feel like Experimental Frenzy covers this gap?
2 months ago
Love the concept! gota couple suggestions, figured I'll accordian them to keep from filling up the whole page.
Predator, Flagship is costly, but lets be honest - mono-green doesn't care about that. giving flight for troops to evade or block, anti-aircraft cannons, and the tractor beam to lift up enemy ground-pounders, this colorless removal engine is worth evey mana spent on it.
Arena + Combat step: Declare attackers. Before blockers, activate arena, Choosing one of your tapped attacking creatures. the creature picks a fight before blockers, potentially giving a 2-1 for you if they block afterwards, but otherwise taking out a blocker and still getting all their damage through.
Genesis is amazing for recusion, if that's your thing (I know it's mine, but not everyone elses), and it's a 3 drop if you hard cast it with Her fluffiness on the field.
Trolls of Tel-Jilad offers regen for your forces (or allies, in exchange for favors...)
Krosan warchief acts like a mini trolls of T-J for beasts, and reduces their cost as well. more a niche card, but worth mentioning if you end up going that route.
Weatherseed Treefolk is fragile, but returns to hand when killed.
Phytotitan is even more fragile, but returns for free
Masked Admirers is a card drawing chump blocker. while it doesn't get the cost reduction, it definatly will dish out the damage over a game with trades. and the card draw for ETB is icing on the cake.
Gurzigost is a wierd huge guy that smashes face, all for the low low cost of ... recycling your graveyard. oh no... /endsarcasm
Ulvenwald Hydra grows based on your land base, and fetches a land as an etb trigger. added bonus: has reach to deal with fliers.
Oran-Reif Hydra grows to monstrous sizes as the game progresses. not all that exciting, but cheap ($ wise)
Dungrove Elder is completely worth the G mana cost once you hit 4 lands, and will only get bigger as the game goes on.
Terra Stomper , Carnage Tyrant , Chameleon Colossus , Kodama of the North Tree , Kalonian Behemoth , Gaea's Revenge , and Ancient Ooze just do what they normally do with efficiency: smash. they aren't pretty or fancy, but they are cost efficient before your general's discount, so they smash hard for cheap.
Skysnare Spider has the two most important keywords for green multiplayer: vilgilance and reach
Hydra Omnivore lets you get damage through defenses of players by ignoring that player entirely and focusing elswhere.
Indrik Stomphowler and Conclave Naturalists might be good replacements for reclaimation sage, with you commander out they cost the same. Destructor Dragon acts the same on death, but hits planeswalkers and lands as well.
Woodfall Primus is a solid (abet later game) removal that returns to work again.
World Breaker acts as an exile, and is colorless to boot. added benefits are reach and recurrable.
Wickerbough Elder gets the cost reduction, despite being a 3/3 base when cast.
Wolfbriar Elemental lets you dump green into a token army of 2/2s if you need to spread out the love or create some chump blockers. quantity has it's own quality sometimes.
Vorapede is a undying buggy with vigilance for 3 when your general is out
Thornling is a solid all-round stomper that is hard to deal with, via indistructable and increasable toughness.
Thrun, the Last Troll is another hard to deal with threat: hexproof, uncounterable, and regenerate means not a whole lot can touch him.
Spearbreaker Behemoth can act as a duribility booster by giving indistructibility
Krosan Drover is a good card for the really expensive creatures, giving another cost reduction.
Ulvenwald Observer is a solid card-draw engine for the deck when things die
Nessian Game Warden lets you sift through your deck based on forests in play
Brooding Saurian is typically just a sideboard card against control matchups, but worth mentioning all the same.
Stone-Tongue Basilisk is a cheap ($ wise) little guy that can field-wipe an opponent if you time a swing right.
Kamahl, Fist of Krosa should go in every green deck that he can. this goes double for mono-green. Overrun as an repeatable instant? check. wrath countermeasures? Living Plane that only hits opponents for G per land. totally worth it.
2 months ago
I love my Marath deck and have been playing it for a while. I would advise adding Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip, Anointed Procession and Purphoros, God of the Forge , Mentor of the Meek , Ripjaw Raptor , Evolutionary Leap . My list leans more into the go wide and overrun strategy, but yours has all the pieces it needs to be effective and win.
I would anticipate your biggest struggle with the list as is will be card advantage as the games go long. I would maybe look to cut some of the less synergistic creatures for better card draw engines like the three listed above.
Ripjaw Raptor occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
All decks: 0.11%