|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CMT)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Myriad Landscape enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add to your mana pool.
, , Sacrifice Myriad Landscape: Search your library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (18)||raymaverick97 , maR2307 , Famicomania , cryptoplasm , Vergil_Redgrail , Unlife , thekingpinBR , Lucretian , DarkMagician , Justinaut , abby315 , buildingadeck , gosora , bakunet , pskinn01 , MattN7498 , DudeMan1031 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819|
|Want (7)||Turtlelover73 , dododestroyer , clayperce , Willis1994 , Ace_Kavu , Mj3913 , rakdos24|
Myriad Landscape Discussion
6 hours ago
I dig it, looks powerful and grindy. Be careful when using High Tide, as it doubles all player's islands. When it's rebounded a blue opponent will know it's coming and will definitely try to take advantage.
I have an unhealthy love of Baral's Expertise, it's ridiculous with Taigam. If that free spell you cast with it is an instant/sorcery, it is eligible for rebound as well. That's overwhelming value, tell you what.
Your lands need some work. Prairie Stream should absolutely be in there. Irrigated Farmland too. Nimbus Maze was just reprinted. Myriad Landscape is ramp in a land, I like it a lot. Further upgrading gets costly, those would be a good start though.
Your lands are also split evenly with plains and islands, when you should be skewed way towards islands. You wanna take advantage of high tide right? Also your deck is just leaning way, way to blue. Swap 3-5 plains for islands.
I caved and built a Taigam deck. I tried just a straight spell slinger deck and found it had trouble finishing. My token generators, and I ran quite a few, tended to eat it. So I decided to build a voltron taigam. It's not even repetitive, what with all the spell slinging the deck still does.
Take a look, I'm still trying to get the right cards and card ratios for it. Dread it, Run from it... Destiny Still Arrives
23 hours ago
Remove- Elixir of Immortality- Fork in the Road- Call the Skybreaker- Firemind's Foresight- Forest- Mountain- Island- Izzet Chronarch- Talrand's Invocation- Trench Gorger- Charmbreaker Devils- Perpetual Timepiece- Vengeful Rebirth
Add- Rise from the Tides- Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre- Docent of Perfection- Mana Severance- Empty the Warrens- Young Pyromancer- Myriad Landscape- Naya Panorama- Grixis Panorama- Brain Freeze- Grapeshot- Skyshroud Claim- Vedalken Orrery
1 day ago
You should check out Myriad Landscape. Costs 2 to activate but also gets you double the lands per copy.
3 days ago
How's it going? I've been tweaking my Krenko deck! Have you seen Coldsteel Heart? It's like another Fire Diamond, which I always love seeing. I'm also going to mess with Myriad Landscape. Ramp is so good in this deck. I need a Mana Crypt.
3 weeks ago
Hey there! Welcome back to the world of EDH!
A few suggestions for you - biggest thing I am noting is not enough draw and ramp. I count about 3 draw engines in the deck, more if you count your tutors. As a general heuristic I aim for about 10 solid draw effects, either powerful one shots or strong engines like you have in Phyrexian Arena and Skullclamp. Underworld Connections, Read the Bones, Necropotence, Land Tax, Gift of Estates, Promise of Power, Damnable Pact, Read the Bones all reasonable options pending budget.
As for ramp I also typically aim for 10 total sources. Myriad Landscape is an easy inclusion in 2 color decks that only occupies a land slot, other possibilities would be Ashnod's Altar with your token theme, Mind Stone, criminally underplayed Wayfarer's Bauble,Commander's Sphere, and personal favorites Everflowing Chalice Worn Powerstone and Thran Dynamo.
That leads me to a couple of other suggestions - replace token makers with more powerful iterations. Conqueror's Pledge and Nomads' Assembly are decent cards, but Secure the Wastes, Decree of Justice, or even Entreat the Angels are all more scalable and mostly instant speed, a huge boon in edh.
So what to cut? I would start with a few cards that I believe are underpowered - Archdemon of Unx, Phyrexian Gargantua, Elixir of Immortality, aforementioned token producers. I would also consider finding good but expensive cards to cut to lower Your curve - i have found the ideal sweet spot in edh is 3-4 mana power plays more so than 6-7 mana bombs that die to a removal spell or board wipe.
3 weeks ago
I had the same problem in my first deck which was a landfall deck. I had a lot of big creatures but most of mine were 6 drops just like my commander. Therefore im missed the mana to do more than just 1 thing in each turn.
What I'm missing in your deck are rampcards. You have ramp in the form of Signets and a few cards such as Rampant Growth and Kodama's Reach but its too little for what your have on creatures and you have green in your commander and that's the best color to fix your manabase.
I have some suggestions for your deck but keep im not great at building decks myself so some others might find better cards for your but im trying to help you. So here are some cards I would suggest, don't add all of them but just to give you an idea of what is possible:
To search for Basic lands/lands:
For creatures I don't really see a trend in what your idea is with. Maybe if you could explain that, I can help you with it. What I am seeing is that you have a few big ones but you need to wait so they can do something. A few nice creatures which are always nice:
-Avenger of Zendikar Good with your beastmaster ascension
-Solemn Simulacrum (Often used in EDH)
Some extra suggestions:
-Myriad Landscape for some extra basics
-Terramorphic Expanse Same as evolving the wilds
-Sol Ring Often used in EDH
Cards I would remove or change for something better since it does too little in EDH or your deck:
-Vandalize for Vandalblast Land destruction is not really needed in EDH and this lets your destroy 1 artifact for 1 red and overload it to destroy all artifacts for the same manacost. Even your own artifacts are safe with this one since its "you don't control"
-Lava Spike Change this for a ramp card, it does too little in your deck
-Ongoing Investigation Bit of a random card in my opinion in your deck
I hope this helps you a little bit, Goodluck with your deck :)
3 weeks ago
Vanquisher's Banner is $2 exactly on tcgplayer.
You have 10 cards in your reanimator package, + your general, which may be overdoing it a touch. 1-3 of the weaker cuts there might be fair.
3 weeks ago
Okay, brace yourself. I'm going all out.
- P.S. Sorry that my inner spike ignores price...
Cards to Cut: Show
- You don't need two 8 drops. She doesn't give global support like Avacyn, and Avy is your commander so she's already better. I say choose one (and we all know which 8 drop you should keep).
- I get the value of Shepherd, but it comes down to the same thing. You should only have one 7 drop. Pick one.
- Both are good. Just cut one. This will help curve out better and play more aggressively.
- So this card is okay, but not as good as it looks at a glance. The player has to draw 2+ cards at once, or in a similar fashion. Collector's replacement effect does not apply if a player cantrips after their draw step, or something of that sort.
- Life is not that important. Really. I get that he blocks, but Jubilation or Tithes can block too and they are overall better cards for a Staxy build.
- Great, great card. Super Stax. Only issue, is you need to have your artifacts. Tabernacleing your artifacts hurts you significantly worse than your opponents.
Maybe Mother of Runes
I know you love her, but really she doesn't contribute to the Stax theme. She "helps" curve, but I think we can do better here.
- This hurts you equally or more so than opponents. Yeah, this shuts down aggro token decks, but you need to swing with your fat fatties. The goal of this deck is to lock everybody in the game down, but giving yourself a slight advantage to get big creatures out to swing with.
- This is essentially a worse version of Aurification.
- Really this doesn't do that much. It could, but it's not worth it. A mana rock would be a better slot in, really.
This absolutely needs to go. This literally destroys everything that you set up from turn 1-10. It is such a nonbo that there is no real justifiable reason or "synergy" to include this card.
I get that this can grab any land, but it really is a waste of a turn. A lock hurts your opponents and gives you an advantage that is similar to ramp, but also makes you more and more likely to win the game. Serra's Sanctum doesn't win you the game. Make sense?
- Pseudo Stax because of the exile effect, but really I still don't think you need this. I cannot stress enough how you will always have the better and stronger creatures, so 6 mana to equip this for such a small ability isn't worth it, in my opinion.
- Cool, you get to draw some cards, but you help everyone else too!? No! This is the opposite of what you want to do. Deprive, deprive, deprive. You will have the upper hand enough that this meager card draw is irrelevant.
- This or Weathered Wayfarer needs to go. Reason being is that they counteract each other. You can keep both if you think you can play around it, but really I don't think it would hurt to let go of one or the other. Your call.
- Im sorry man, but this card is not very good. I can show you so many lands that would be better. Scrap this one.
- Really, games won't go on so long that you will have to recast Avy enough times to worry about this. Plains would just be better.
- I know this has a decent ceiling, but there will be games where you have 10 lands out and still don't get this trigger.
- This is a good card, but really I don't think it will be all that relevant. Your call, but a basic would be just as good, really.
- Really I don't know what this does for the deck, besides coming in tapped. Not trying to harp, but I don't see you using this ability hardly at all.
- This card is sooooo baaaad. It's very overrated, and it's too slow. You want to just outrun your opponents long enough until they trip. This makes you trip and your opponents catch up.
This is up to you. It can whiff hard, even more than Sky Ruin. Especially with the land destruction in the deck. I say pass on this, and I'll find you a better but similar replacement.
Cards to Add: Show
With all the artifacts you should be running, this card is great. Even without a ton of artifacts, this just tells your opponents "no".
- You might want to get rid of Ghostway, but this is great. It shuts down flicker/blink decks, shuts down Worldgorger Dragon combo, and so much more. All of my goblin cheaters, everything. This is a good card.
- Winter Orb on a creature. This should go in (all of this land hate will make sense in a little bit).
- Basically Pithing Needle on a critter. Both of those are almost as good as Nevermore, but cheaper. So they balance out.
Maybe Sanctum Prelate
- Almost Trinisphere. Again, both of those are good.
- Needs. More. Thalia.
Good graveyard hate. It does have the chance to nonbo with Emeria and maybe some others, but again, you control when to cast things. Also, you can play RIP years before Emeria. So think about what can get you more use: A card that sticks around for 8 turns, or one that sticks around for a few?
- Good combo card with RIP. I know you think it's confusing, but all it says when paired with RIP is, ", : Mill all cards in target opponent's library."
- Great taxers. You should have enough artifact ramp to negate this effect.
- This might be better than, equal, or mutually good compared to Quicksilver Amulet. Lower CMC, easier to get benefit from, but takes time to set up. This is up to you, but it is not mana intensive, meaning you can lock up the board and play stuff for free each turn. Thats huge.
- You know tons of cards to name with this card. Lands, booger creatures, etc. Plus, if you see your opponent has their commander with an activated ability, name that!
Maybe Grafdigger's Cage
- This is more graveyard hate, but really might just be a worse card than RIP. Both might be good, but really this is just a suggestion for you to see at the very least.
- Might as well deter your opponents from attacking you as much as possible. This is not a great card, but paired with all of your locks and Prison effects it nearly stops your cold.
- Hurts your opponents for playing without any repercussions on your behalf. This wrecks against mono-colored or when paired with Winter Orb
- Both this and Hokori, Dust Drinker. You will see why lands dont matter as much in this deck.
- Maybe also the moxen (Mox Diamond, Chrome Mox, Mox Opal) because theyre free ramp
- These all are abusable mana rocks. They generate tons of mana, bypass all of the taxers you set up, and can let you get Avy, or really any of your high drops, out super early.
- I think this is a must. This lets you reuse any mana rock that generates more than 1 mana.
This is a little gimmicky, but it can turn off Winter Orb and the likes, plus it lets you reuse mana rocks again. If it had a little lower CMC then this would be an auto-include.
Remember when I said that I would suggest a better Temple of the False God? Well, here ya go. Right out of the gate it works. Yes, sac it if you play a land, but the tempo this skips you ahead is justifiable without a doubt.
- Dude, come on. Run this. Hell, maybe even run Wasteland.
This is not all that great, but after an Armageddon you get an extra body, and every bit of a lead you get makes it harder and harder for your opponents to win.