Myriad Landscape enters the battlefield tapped.
: Gain .
, , Sacrifice Myriad Landscape: Search your library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
|Want (3)||Gerrarth , ClanMardu , cyberracer3|
Printings View all
|Commander Legends (CMR)||Uncommon|
|Zendikar Rising: Commander (ZNC)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2020 (C20)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2018 (C18)||Uncommon|
|Masters 25 (A25)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Uncommon|
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2014 (C14)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Myriad Landscape occurrence in decks from the last year
Latest Decks as Commander
Myriad Landscape Discussion
8 hours ago
Hiya! You've already made sure to have good ratios of card draw, ramp, and removal, and you've already got a really nice mana-curve going. That's like, 95% of the problems I see with most decks.
So for your deck, I've got a few thoughts: Your land-base has FAR too many colorless lands. I would cut down on those utility lands and get some colored lands, even just more basics. I think the essential utility lands are Myriad Landscape (good ramp), Scavenger Grounds (graveyard removal), and a land that gives haste, either Slayers' Stronghold or Hanweir Battlements Flip. I suggest cutting the rest of the utility lands and also cut down on a lot of the tap lands and add in more untapped lands. This includes cutting Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse- these are only good if you have landfall synergies, otherwise they are worse than a tap land that taps for both.
The other big problem is that while you run all the right ratios, the specific cards you run for stuff like card draw, ramp, removal, etc., are not the greatest. A lot of them are either far too clunky (Mind's Eye), aren't reliable (Explorer's Scope), and/or have better alternatives. So I suggest looking into better options for card draw and ramp.
Then finally, if you're going for voltron, you need more haste, more protection, and the best of equipment.
1 week ago
Out: Cabal Coffers & Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
In: Brightclimb Pathway Flip & Savai Triome
The Cabal Coffers + Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth combo is really hard to pull off in a 3 color deck. Especially, with this mana base in mardu. Therefore, I decided to cut both lands and replace them with some newer which are a great addition to this deck.
Out: Merciless Eviction
In: Kindred Dominance
Even though this board wipe will cost one more mana, it will be worth it, since it's going to be totally one sided for the most part. I'll also add more single target removal for other permanents, to make up for this change. I decided on this swap, since I tend to not use Merciless Eviction, because it will wipe my board and exile my great vampire lords aswell.
Out: Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord
In: Nighthawk Scavenger
This plainswalker didn't do much in the last games for me. Most of my vampires are so cheap, that his ult didn't help me mana wise at all. His other effects are nice, but not particular amazing. The newly printed Nighthawk Scavenger on the other hand is going to be a real powerhouse. It's a better version of Vampire Nighthawk, 90% of the time and I really like both of them.
Out: Vito, Thorn of the Dusk Rose
In: Eldrazi Monument
Vito didn't help this deck much at all. I think he is a trap. I also noticed, that I don't run Exquisite Blood anyway, so this combo isn't an option currently, either. This deck's biggest problem are boardwipes, so I think Eldrazi Monument will be a great addition in order to protect my army of bloodsuckers.
Out: Fellwar Stone
In: Idol of Oblivion
Ramp isn't as big of a problem. Even though we are in Mardu, most of the cards are low costed. So I can efford to take out one piece of ramp. Card Draw on the other hand is often a problem. Therefore, I'll test Idol of Oblivion, since it only costs 2 mana and can draw you one additional card each turn, most of the time.
Out: Slayers' Stronghold
In: Myriad Landscape
I noticed that I might cut some utility lands aswell, because sometimes I only draw those and I'm stuck with colorless mana. Since I prefer Vault of the Archangel's effect over Slayers' Stronghold, I'll cut the later one. Myriad Landscape can function as ramp and help me to get more basics out of my deck, which can be nice if I'm in topdeck mode.
Out: Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord
In: Nullpriest of Oblivion
Another plaineswalker I'm going to cut, since it doesn't help me with my gameplan, most of the time. The only thing I use is his ult, to recure one vampire at best. Nullpriest of Oblivion can do the same, but is a vampire on it's own and can also come down way earlier if we need damage or more tokens.
1 week ago
Hello there, fellowr Syr Konrad player!
You could check my own Syr Konrad, the Grim's deck: For the Void to see how I went with him, why did I chose the cards I chosen and maybe you'll see some cards you might like too. Some feedback and upvote would be very appreciated aswell! :)
First things first, type CMDR behind "1x Syr Konrad, the Grim" in your decklist to specify him as a commander.
Second, I would probably avoid discard cards like: Mind Rot,Cavern Whisperer when its not discard focused deck.
Same would go with Underworld Dreams.. yes, it can punish some decks for their big card draws, but doesnt really fit the idea of the deck that well. But you could always add Peer into the Abyss which pairs with Underworld Dreams really well.
Next cut would probably be some creatures that doesnt really do much and other cards:
1) Barrow Witches - your only Knight is Syr Konrad, which you will 99.9% times cast from command zone anyway.
2) Feral Abomination - for 5/5 deathtouch is kinda meh, something that generates tokens would be much better, with so many creatures, cards like Pawn of Ulamog and Sifter of Skulls are nice budget options (even when token creature dies, it goes to graveyard -> triggering Syr Konrad's ability, then insantly vanishes).
3) Squelching Leeches - this can grow fairly big if you play for a lot of turns, but without anything that ramps your Swamps out quick, its just slow dumb creature.
4) Vampire Opportunist - its ability is really expensive just to drain 2 life.
5) Im sure you could replace much more creature for something more usefeul, either a card draw, removal, sacrifice outlets or more token generators. 6) Merciless Resolve is worse version of Altar's Reap, which is now worse than Village Rites.
7) Pharika's Libation - Im personally fan of this removal, just because your opponent can choose what to sacrifice. Feed the Swarm is definitely a better option.
8) Kaya's Ghostform - Kaya's Ghostform is okay, cheap protection for only one . You could add more protection, like: Malakir Rebirth Flip, which works even better, because its an instant speed "protection" and can also be used as a land if needed.
9) Evolving Wilds - no need to run this at all. You would be better to switch it either for an additional Swamp or some other utility land. Also Myriad Landscape is cheap budget option to ramp a bit, but its quite slow.
Some cards you could throw in:
1) Cabal Stronghold - budget version of Cabal Coffers, which can tap itself for and adds a decent number of black mana later on.
2) Crypt of Agadeem - with so many black creatures in your deck, this could ramp you a lot. Costs few dollars, but is definitely worth it in mono-black decks like yours.
3) Some mana rocks and spells to help you with ramp, so you won't fall behind that much should help for sure. There is plenty of mana rocks you could use, starting with Sol Ring/Mana Geode/Arcane Signet, also something like Bontu's Monument, Charcoal Diamond. There is also Culling the Weak/Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual to give you some fast mana, on top of Bubbling Muck and Songs of the Damned. If you browse some other decks and the internet, you can find plenty of mono-black creatures and/or artifacts that can ramp your super fast.
4) Again, with so many creatures in your deck, try to get Morality Shift - which could easily take out all your opponents at once with Syr Konrad on Board. More creature returning spells from yor graveyard could be: Gravepurge/Forever Young and Death Denied. Gravepurge and Forever Young works even better with something like Bolas's Citadel, enabling you to cast those cheap creatures right away and possibly even sacrifice them, triggering Syr Konrad's at least twice each time.
5) In my opinion, super strong card like Tortured Existence. It can easily trigger Syr Konrad's twice, getting big creatures into your graveyard to reanimate them later, get cheap creatures back into your hand to re-cast them again, save some creatures from graveyard hate and works well with Desecrated Tomb. All that at instant speed, as many times as much you got to pay! And its really $cheap.
2 weeks ago
Myriad Landscape is good in the land slot to help you ramp
Ignite the Future is a newer card I've grown to like since it does an impulse draw effect for three and in the late game it will let you cast some additional cards.
2 weeks ago
This is already pretty good for casual play. It's actually probably a bit better than a lot of casual decks. (Though not so powerful that you should worry about it). Making the deck legal was the important step.
With play you'll figure stuff out. The biggest thing is that you acknowledge when something is not working and actively do something about it. It will slowly become optimized.
Anyway, I would add some lands. Mathematically, you should have 36 (now at 30). I would add some cheap non-basics, I would go for:
Geier Reach Sanitarium (Synergizes with Commander and helps fix your hand) Isolated Watchtower (Synergizes with your high number of basic lands) Myriad Landscape (Ramps you) Terrain Generator (Ramps you) Command Tower (Both Colors) Temple of Epiphany (Both Colors)
I would still cut a lot more creatures and planeswalkers. In 4 player games, remember that people will only attack you as much as they feel that it is necessary. If it appears that you're doing very little, or you only intervene when necessary, people won't be attacking you. I would replace all but the creatures/planeswalkers that you feel are actually necessary and useful, rather than thinking you need them to attack/block.
Then, you will also probably want 5-10 mana rocks (artifacts that produce mana). Virtually every deck in EDH uses mana rocks, because the ones available with the card pool are generally much better than those in other formats. Good, budget examples are: Sol Ring Arcane Signet Fellwar Stone Mind Stone Thought Vessel Darksteel Ingot Skyclave Relic Prismatic Lens
And lastly, some other good budget cards are (I would recommend you pick some, not all of these):
Dispel Hidden Strings Desperate Ritual Seething Song Past in Flames Burning Inquiry Faithless Looting Mystic Remora Underworld Breach Blood Moon Time Reversal Bonus Round Molten Psyche Mana Geyser Merchant Scroll Echo of Eons Commit / Memory Gitaxian Probe Vandalblast Blasphemous Act Serum Visions Misdirection Flusterstorm Tolarian Winds Ponder Frantic Search
Also, if you ever get bored/tired of Izzet, Nekusar, the Mindrazer can be built to function very well and in a similar manner with virtually all of the cards you already have (or will have).
(Note: Some people who play EDH are very particular about playing against people with good decks. If you see people act uneasy around you because your deck is "too good", just remember that you can always try to lower the power of your deck or find other people to play with.)
2 weeks ago
So based on what you have and I have, I would say Sol Ring - Semblance Anvil - Arcane Signet - Talisman of Conviction - Boros Signet - Hedron Archive - Mind Stone - Worn Powerstone - Heraldic Banner - Dowsing Dagger Flip
That seems good for a first draft. If you feel your deck is inconsistent then add two more pieces of ramp. You may want to add more "big" ramp and replace the smaller stuff too, but even in a big-mana deck like this the 2-CMC stuff just has a better flow sometimes.
I almost forgot: the land Myriad Landscape is great in one- or two-color decks that don't run Green. I have a ton of them.
2 weeks ago
Hi, I had some ideas regarding your lands: You are in mono colors so you can afford more utility lands. The mentioned strip mine effects are really cool interactions and they help for your landfall as well with Ruin Crab and Hedron Crab. Similarly, you can add Castle Vantress if it is in the budget. And I really like Myriad Landscape. It both ramps and triggers landfall. You can add Fabled Passage as well if you have one lying around and not needed to other decks of yours. I love Zhalfirin Void as a scryland which comes into play untapped. Maybe you can use as well the other two blue cycling lands Desert of the Mindful and Remote Isle. The cycling lands make your deck slower which may be worth it maybe not.
In the mill theme, a nice final bow without any cost is Ipnu Rivulet. If you want to go to the dessert direction you can add Desert, Sunscorched Desert, and Endless Sands. The latter is especially good because it can protect your commander.
Lands ara cool resources which can help you out if everything else fails.
3 weeks ago
I agree with the suggestion for Rebbec, Architect of Ascension or at least include her. In no particular order: They are reprinting Three Visits, which is strictly better than rampant growth. Nature's Lore is good too. Cavalier of Dawn can be used on your own artifacts. Guardian Idol is a good ramp card early and doubles as a Golem. Land Tax is rarely going to be worth it in a green land ramping deck. Maul Splicer is expensive, but trample is good evasion for decent sized golems. Sensor Splicer gives vigilance. Vital Splicer gives the ability to regenerate for 1. It's not great, but is another creature you can bounce for more golems. Ichor Wellspring is a great target for both self destruction and recursion, in case of opponents having no artifacts to destroy. Arcbound Reclaimer for ensuring you get a good draw. Ancient Stone Idol for a really big boi. Ancestral Statue can replay splicers or get rid of bad auras. Also you have a lot of stuff like myrsmith, palladium myr, and I think those might be better served by a couple more treasure/clue/food generation cards. Treasure Map Flip, Prying Blade, or Tireless Tracker, Ulvenwald Mysteries, or Gilded Goose (replacing Avacyns pilgrim). Any decent equipment, but especially a Bloodforged Battle-Axe. Maul of the Skyclaves, Heirloom Blade. Swords are good. And as always: Lightning Greaves Swiftfoot Boots Skullclamp Running a bunch of basics is always cheaper, but if you have a couple of bucks consider the following mostly budget additions. Homeward Path Scattered Groves is cheap and fetchable. Gavony Township for more counters. Gingerbread Cabin for an artifact with your land. Krosan Verge/Myriad Landscapefor mana fixing ramp. Command Tower because it's better than a basic. Path of Ancestry because the splicers are all human. Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic Expanse/Fabled Passage Blighted Woodland Sungrass Prairie Opal Palace