|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Rogue Werewolf
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Reckless Waif.
Reckless Waif Discussion
2 months ago
Stomping Ground is pretty pricey but I'll keep it in maybe until I have the extra cash for them. As for the walkers, lets say I get rid of Domri Rade and replace him with two Arlinn Kord Flip and two Garruk Relentless Flip. Next I can get rid two Reckless Waif Flip and one of each enchantment to put in four Nightpack Ambusher . What do you guys think?
2 months ago
Copperline Gorge isn't as good as Stomping Ground but defiantly an improvement over the Guildgates. Lightning Bolts are good. I think Nightpack Ambusher should be in here because it makes wolves that can be buffed without worrying about flipping over and it fits the same gameplan as the flip-cards: don't cast spells on your turn. Then with the other two walkers maybe take out a couple Reckless Waif Flip (not all) and one or two of each enchantment.
4 months ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
5 months ago
There are so many good werewolves in OG innistrad block. here are some that are really strong, if you do ever feel like buying cards i guess:
6 months ago
Akromathia you need 4 immerwolves, to keep them from flipping back. Id consider more copies of Moonmist because it flips everyone, and its a good combat trick.
- You want the human version to be not as weak so cards like
Flip are good to run 4 copies. Thats why
Flip is also good.
- Cheaper creatures is also amazing so I would run 4
Mayor of Avabruck
Flip gets out of control if you dont deal with him, as well as keep your humans alive before they transform.
Huntmaster of the Fells
Flip helps you keep the battle field so 4 of him is not bad also
Flip is an interesting card. I would run 1 or 2.
this card is run sometimes. I like it in the SB for when you have to deal with big creatures.
- IF you can afford it
Cavern of Souls
- your maybe board contains lots of spells. I love the want for burn but here is bad. You want to keep your cards flipped and you wont always have immerwolf sadly. Id pull out every spell that isn't bolt (simply its the best red removal). Keep Moonmist as well.
is a mainboard card and not great in this deck.
is a good card. Just think of the enchantments that hurt you. I don't forsee to many. Maybe only run 3. I say enchantments because there are better artifact hate cards.
- SB suggestions: Grafdigger's Cage is always good for grave hate for non-white decks. Pithing Needle can really help in some games. Blood Moon can win games, just be careful so you don't screw your self over. Choke if you really want to piss blue players off.
- Rhythm of the Wild might be a good replacement for your current enchantment.
7 months ago
Reckless Waif Flip has always been part of the “maybe list” for this deck. I really like her, but in practice she was usually “dead meat”. She would die so easily that sometimes she was not even worth the trouble. In comparison Village Messenger Flip had haste and evasion once transformed, this replacing her for good. Now with the inclusion of Rhythm of the Wild , she is way more appealing, and she has been moved to the side board. This lets me “transform” the deck into a way more aggro deck if needed, replacing some 3 or 4 mana drops.
Again, on Moonmist , great card, but not as good as a remove spell on the spot, or that burn spell that gets the last couple of life points off your opponent. However I have found it to be an amazing sideboard option.
Thank you very much.
10 months ago
In an aggro deck board presence matters, I'd suggest you add Village Messenger Flip or Reckless Waif Flip and up Wolfbitten Captive to 4x. Geier Reach Bandit Flip is a bit like extra copies of Moonmist, so should probably be a 4x too. Personally I'd cut Cult of the Waxing Moon and Ulrich of the Krallenhorde, simply because they cast 5, don't have a massive impact on the board and getting to 5 mana with 18 lands is harder than you think, for that reason Pack Guardian is also iffy. I'd definitely cut Call of the Full Moon, as it's just far to easy to remove and means that the creature it enchants is a 2-for-1. Unclaimed Territory might help with mana fixing...
No data for this card yet.