|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander (2016 Edition)||Uncommon|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Simic Growth Chamber
Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield tapped.
When Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Simic Growth Chamber Discussion
1 week ago
Why not use an abbreviated version of the Amulet of Vigor+Simic Growth Chamber decks that use Glorious End. This would allow you to increase consistency, speed, and overall cohesion of the deck by removing unneeded pacts (e.g. Intervention Pact) and replacing them with a better combo engine to facilitate your Hive Mind endgame, while not ruining the deck's glorious goals (find a 2017 deck based off of http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/azusas-vigor/ (due to certain banned cards)).
2 weeks ago
I think the part of the deck that's struggling the most is the land base. Sets of basics in all 3 colors is definitely not going to cut it. Cheap duals like Llanowar Wastes, Yavimaya Coast, Underground River is a good place to start. Simic Growth Chamber, Dimir Aqueduct, and Golgari Rot Farm (the Ravnica bounce lands) are also a good option.
If you dont want to spend a ton on lands, (and believe me, I get it), and you want to go a cheaper route, then I would highly recommend Boundless Realms. It lets you search for all your basics and play them, which should pretty much help you win the game.
Hope this helps!
3 weeks ago
Some big updates for my buddy Mimeo, Void Winnower, Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Baleful Strix, Death's Shadow, Vengeful Pharaoh, Grave Titan, Thassa, God of the Sea, Golgari Signet, Simic Signet, Golgari Rot Farm, Simic Growth Chamber, and the buddy lands.
4 weeks ago
I think your mana base is a little messy.
- There's no need for the Panoramas (Bant Panorama and Naya Panorama), you could just go with Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
- Checklands (Rootbound Crag, Hinterland Harbor and Sulfur Falls) and Bouncelands (Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks and Gruul Turf) benefit most from decks having more basics, so I'd tell you to replace some utility lands with basics (drop Alchemist's Refuge, Desolate Lighthouse and maybe even Kessig Wolf Run)
- Manlands (Lumbering Falls, Raging Ravine and Wandering Fumarole) aren't all that useful in EDH. Considering the amount of lands in your deck, I think you might want to cut them as well.
- Considering the amount of card-draw in the deck, you might want to consider Reliquary Tower
As for ramp in itself:
- Gilded Lotus is amazing, but it only nets you one color of mana, which can be a bummer at times.
- I always advocate for the use of all available signets (Simic Signet, Izzet Signet and Gruul Signet in your case), since they fix your colors in the early game and help you ramp up a bit (plus, a Sol Ring + Signet starting hand can go crazy pretty fast)
- Thought Vessel and Mind Stone are other 2-mana artifacts with some great extra utility.
Cards I don't like/I don't find useful enough:
- Crystal Shard - Reusable bounce is good, but I don't think this card is good enough to be here.
- Ranger's Path could be replaced with Nissa's Expedition (if you tap a creature it's exacly like a Explosive Vegetation) or Nissa's Renewal (costs more, but gets you 3 lands and 7 life). Or simply drop it. You run too few basics and with all the sorcery ramping you might run out of lands to search for...
- Recurring Insight - In the late game where you can give in to the luxury of spending 6 mana to draw some cards it can be great, but I'd rather use it in a See the Unwritten or Seasons Past or Selvala's Stampede or Saheeli's Artistry.
- Zendikar Incarnate - poor defenses and no trample. You can do better. Mystic Snake or Ogre Battledriver or Master Biomancer or Faerie Artisans (you can clone the token with Riku in order to keep it)
- Charmbreaker Devils can be good, but they might do nothing as well
- Deadwood Treefolk doesn't seem that appealing to me either; specially considering it only gets back creature cards. Greenwarden of Murasa is almost strictly better (bigger body and returns any card, but no "leaves the battlefield" trigger)
- Rampaging Baloths seems out of place. Yes, it creates some good tokens for playing lands, but generating 1 trample-less 4/4 per turn seems pretty bad. This creature is better suited for landfall-based decks in my opinion.
- Sphinx of Uthuun and Fact or Fiction are cards I just can't enjoy. I think the impact they make is negligible in the game, but I understand the appeal and sometimes it can be quite interesting. I'd say keep the creature and ditch the spell.
Other suggestions (mostly more creatures to use as a toolbox):
- Farhaven Elf another ramp on a stick.
- Reclamation Sage is a staple in the format for a reason
- Peregrine Drake generates infinte mana in conjunction with Deadeye Navigator and gives you some quick ways of ending the game (such as paying buyback of Capsize to Upheaval everyone but yourself constantly)
- Triumph of the Hordes - another win con
- Ghostly Flicker gives you a way to reuse ETB triggers or save something from removal. Also has a combo with Peregrine Drake + Archeomancer.
- Coiling Oracle forces you to reveal the top card, but the fact that it ramps if it's a land makes it so much better
- Phyrexian Ingester - removal on a stick. You could also go with Duplicant
- Drowner of Hope - never underestimate this little guy, since it's quite versatile. The "sac a scion: tap a creature" has saved me quite a few times and it can also work as some sort of ramp tool (It costs , but it refunds with the tokens).
- Nim Deathmantle brings a creature back for one more round.
1 month ago
Also, Trinket Mage with only one target to tutor for is awfully weak. It's a great card but you need some sort of toolbox to make it relevant in any stages of the game. For example Pithing Needle, Engineered Explosives (nice with Academy Ruins and Crop Rotation/Sylvan Scrying to tutor for it, also makes a good pile for Intuition with Crucible of Worlds/Academy Ruins/Engineered Explosives or Regrowth), Aether Spellbomb or some mana rocks such as Mana Vault, Voltaic Key, Lotus Petal, Chrome Mox and a bit more expensive Mana Crypt, Mox Opal, Mox Diamond.
I wouldn't recommend lands like Simic Growth Chamber, because they are very much fun for the first person, who happens to have a Strip Mine, Wasteland or any other land removals in the early game and it sets you back like 3 turns. It happened so often and recently I've not seen anyone play these lands anymore because they are so risky. If you combine them with Amulet of Vigor (also a target for Trinket Mage) they are good, but alone they suck.
1 month ago
I frankly enjoy them. I find you can get maximum benefit from them if you also use them in conjunction with the bounce dual lands like Dimir Aqueduct or Simic Growth Chamber. That way you get a lot of extra scry, although with the 'enters tapped' part of both lands, you may want to invest in an Amulet of Vigor or something to that effect.
1 month ago
First, as someone who loves his Ezuri deck, Sage of Hours is your best friend. Learn to love him. Really good synergy with Ezuri.
Other things I can recommend... Chasm Skulker and Hangarback Walker are nice little creatures that can be made big and - as an extra benefit - if they die with Ezuri around, you'll have a bunch of Experience counters and a lot of evasive 1/1s. Meloku the Clouded Mirror and Animation Module are nice, repeatable sources of more 1/1s.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is powerful (If you cast a UG creature, tutor for another. Nice easy way to swarm things). Simic Manipulator is an utter jerk move - I see your Avacyn, Angel of Hope and I want it now! - but is kind of best with Haste admittedly. Rashmi, Eternities Crafter is a nice extra bit of draw, potentially being free cards (but I like the Cascade mechanic, so this may be personal bias). Mystic Snake is also a fantastic card.
Outside of creatures, Panharmonicon is amazing, getting you two Experience counters instead of one. Bow of Nylea is amazingly versatile and may make your opponents reluctant to block at times. Nissa, Voice of Zendikar is a great source of 0/1s and counters, as well as just potentially giving you a bunch of cards and life if she's around long enough. Cyclonic Rift is an amazing card in general, Rite of Replication can be brutal if you have the right target (Avenger of Zendikar, anyone?). Conjurer's Closet and Blade of Selves can easily do the same.
Other than that... For your mana base I recommend getting a Simic Growth Chamber, Mosswort Bridge, Reliquary Tower and Thought Vessel, as well as the Simic fetch land since you have your shock land. I can also recommend Leyline of Anticipation, Alchemist's Refuge and Seedborn Muse are great, Leyline of Lifeforce and Asceticism for protection, Wild Pair has a range of targets available for you in this kind of deck no matter the creature. Oh, and Proliferate effects like Inexorable Tide or Contagion Engine are great. Then if you want to surprise people with a small army at the end (such as with Avenger of Zendikar), Concordant Crossroads is a very weird card in terms of colours, but a very good one to finish things off with a bang.
Also, if you have a lot of money, Akroma's Memorial and and Doubling Season are amazing cards and highly recommended. I think a couple of the cards I mentioned earlier are a little pricey as well, but I honestly can't remember exactly.
A lot of these suggestions come from my own deck and things that I want for it. If you want more control of the game, I'm really not the best person to ask (and Ezuri isn't a great Commander for control anyway...) but I can give you some some decent pointers otherwise.
My last thing to note is that your mana base is pretty off, and you may want a little more ramp in there, or just two or three more lands. You definitely don't need that many Islands, only a third of your mana symbols are Blue but you've got more Blue sources than Green. I'd say cut four or so sources of Blue for Green.
That's all that comes to mind right now. Thanks for helping me come up with some ideas for my own deck too!
1 month ago
Trying out some fetches with a splendid reclamation package. As who doesn't like graveyard ramp?