|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander 2018 (C18)||None|
|Commander Anthology Vol. II (CM2)||Common|
|Iconic Masters (IMA)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Common|
|Modern Masters 2015 Edition (MM2)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Common|
Combos Browse all
- Root Maze, Karoo Land, and Amulet of Vigor interaction
- Prismatic Omen with Bounce lands
- Scapeshift, amulet of vigor, and bounce lands
- Does Contamination nullify the abilities of Crypt Ghast and Nirkana Revenant?
- Is discarding your hand part of the resolution of Manabond's ability or does it replace the discard effect during your end step?
Simic Growth Chamber
Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield tapped.
When Simic Growth Chamber enters the battlefield, return a land you control to its owner's hand.
: Gain .
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||Tiddilywinkus , ZombieFood , Grantley91 , bakunet , agardels , webdokkeren , bakeraj4 , thetechzombie , angesoir , Reliva , brentkc49 , jhunter , Shiromakuro , rikertchu , bpiser95 , itheoryz , Conman327 , philktoken8998 , PTsmitty|
|Want (42)||starkzero , kovellen , S733L , sleepy104 , Maulhawk , Turtlelover73 , Betamind , xpsychovampx , cainanunes , 2gherkins , cc2k , CoastWizard , Ryz , mastermojo7 , jamin , Monduck , Darkmantledawn , filipaco , Elphane , SpottedGee , Markwiz , rco , cdgalucard , boneSANITY , Thotny , wlbreda , ToshiChan , linejumpr , Gryffix , Hayliiel , aramlet , MasterRoach117 , Forward_to_Dawn , Elode , Shaddaran , ostiarius , Goobfellow , Poggy , StormCraftable , Wolfninja , Jspeed , drwhosmith4|
Simic Growth Chamber Discussion
5 days ago
Hi everyone! I've recently started playing Magic again, after 12 years of break. My Trusty old Simic gathered a lot of dust, so I started to rebuild it using what I managed to get fast (and cheap). I wonder if it's any good and if anyone could provide any constructive feedback on what I should still change in it. I would greatly appreciete that. The card list is as below:
4x Thrummingbird 1x Vigean Hydropon 3x Trygon Predator 3x Plaxcaster Frogling 1x Vigean Graftmage 2x Vorel of the Hull Clade 2x Skyrider Patrol 3x Cytoplast Manipulator 1x Simic Ragworm 1x Cytoplast Root-Kin 1x Momir Vig, Simic Visionary 1x Experiment Kraj
ARTIFACTS and SPELLS
1 week ago
Just pointing out that you linked to the wrong deck with the same name.
Azusa, Lost but Seeking is almost a must in land decks. Storm Cauldron is great since you hurt opponents more than yourself, and it actually gives you bonus card draw. Horn of Greed and Nissa, Vital Force also give you card draw when you play lands. Patron of the Moon and Amulet of Vigor can give you infinite landfall with ways to bounce lands like Storm Cauldron, Cloudstone Curio, Simic Growth Chamber, Ghost Town, Meloku the Clouded Mirror, or Pearl Lake Ancient.
1 week ago
Nice deck ! I found some unuasual tools (for a Kumena's deck) in it that I'm going to try :)
If you want to take a look at my several versions :
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 1 | 23 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 1 | 52 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
SCORE: 1 | 327 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
To answer your question, I've tried several things with Kumena and I found that Vanquisher's Banner is a must have. But indeed maybe not in your deck since you don't have that many merfolks. I included it in all of my Kumena decks - even the duel commander suppose to be a very fast format - because the +1/+1 is never a dead turn and the card advantage you'll get on it is a blast and allow you to rebuild in one single turn after a wrath when you play low CCM merfolks.
In addition, to me, Opposition, Intruder Alarm and Earthcraft are auto include too since it allows you to combo off. You use your creatures (even the one's with summon sickness) to detap your lands, to play creatures that will detap your creatures allowing you to detap your lands, draw on Kumena's ability to get more creatures or +1/+1 your board.
1 month ago
cards I am looking to cut:
I also want one more target for Trinket Mage, but I don't know what I want. Relic of Progenitus maybe. I have a lot of graveyard decks in my meta.
I want a Noble Hierarch but holy cow that boi needs to be reprinted.
Deathrite Shaman would be great if I could populate the deck with the ten fetches, but sadly my set of fetches is in Blood Pod currently, and that deck deserves them a lot more. I like being able to loop Boundless Realms to get my lands out of my deck, too, and that requires a high basic count.
1 month ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 month ago
Let's get you some wincons, and fix that landbase.
First: Landbase. Basic stuff, manarocks, and better land cards, and a touch of fetchlands to get us rocking and rolling. Then, guess what, you're playing green. Congrats, you get the luxury of a vast array of tasty morsels called ramp spells, so we'll take advantage of that.
Next, let's look at capitalizing on your commander's strengths: Card draw. We'll add in card draw, and some hand size manipulation to help manage it, along with some ways to make use of all that mana you gain and cards you draw.
- Storm Sculptor + Tishana, Voice of Thunder
Now for some wincons:
-Devastation Tide +Goblin Cannon (with your upcoming infinite mana/card draw combos, draw into this, then ping everyone for infinite damage and win, the ability stacks as many times as you pay the mana for it, before sacrificing itself).
-Spelltwine. - River's Rebuke
-Ghostly Flicker +Aphetto Alchemist (equip bracers to alphetto, tap to untap it and target manarock or kydele for aother infinite mana combo, once you have infinite combos going, you can take multiple turns, draw out your whole deck with psychosis or lab maniac or tishana, or empyrial plate, etc)
Other infinite combos you can look for are Sword of the Paruns or Umbral Mantle equipped to kydele if she's drawn enough cards. The possibilities are vast, just a matter of finding yourself a bit of room for those cards, which shouldn't be too hard. However I'm also aware of budgets, I know I've suggested a LOT of changes, many that you might need to purchase, and while the individual cards aren't too pricey, collectively it's a lot once you look at all the changes. But if you're personally looking to take your deck to the next level, I'll add some more blingy suggestions at the end of this comment.
Last couple of swaps to make:
The bling: Staff of Domination (more kydele comboing)
other cards to consider would be a touch more cantrips and counterspells? Depends on local meta, how often you need to stop people from preventing your comboing off: Pact of Negation Muddle the Mixtures Brainstorm Mystical Tutor
1 month ago
So I modified your list a bit, but I don't know if you want to see it. I'll offer some suggestions and leave a list at the bottom if you're interested in what it could look like.
I'd cut Hooting Mandrills. You're deck seems more interested in getting Threshold online. This card is contrary to that strategy and I think you found your beatdown body in Arrogant Wurm, which is just strictly better with trample.
After testing Rites of Refusal, I think it is just too cute and clunky. I found that this iteration of the deck doesn't run enough pure card advantage to justify "2-for-1"ing yourself. 8 counterspells may be enough anyway, but if you feel like you could use more, running Counterspell or Daze aren't bad options. They come with a little risk, not being mono U, but could be worth it.
I think you can cut Werebear. Breaks my heart to suggest it, but it might be risky to over-saturate your deck with threshold creatures. He's more vulnerable than Nimble Mongoose in the early game and I've already mentioned that the Arrogant Wurm seems like your 4/4 of choice. You aren't an aggro deck so, rather than just throwing a ton of 4/4's in the opponent's face, the tempo deck's concern is laying down select threats in the early to mid game and protecting/disrupting your way to victory.
I've found that with Careful Study and other looting effects, I'd rather have card advantage that gave me more to discard to cards like Waterfront Bouncer and Wild Mongrel. Accumulated Knowledge or Deep Analysis are good cards for stocking your hand to give strength to your discard engines.
Merfolk Looter and Obsessive Search feel super good in conjunction. The looter offers another instant speed dicard outlet that isn't as mana hungry as Waterfront Bouncer and, when combined with madness, it reads "tap: draw a card." Obsessive Search offers increased value to your discard engines and helps you to dig for relevant cards.
Consider Just the Wind. It's effectively a Vapor Snag in your deck which is a tempo staple in pauper. It can clear the way for attacks or save one of your own creatures while fizzling a removal spell.
AEther Tradewinds is another card I was looking at. This can bounce back pesky non-creature that dodged one of your counterspells the first time. Once again, fizzles removal while tempoing your opponent. Also, never hurts to have Basking Rootwalla back in hand.
Lastly, I toyed around with a mana base that is slightly slower but much more consistent. Ash Barrens and Thornwood Falls offer you fixing. Simic Growth Chamber does this as well and allows you the ability to cut back on lands (as one Growth chamber is effectively two lands on one card). Being able to bounce back a basic you no longer need to discard to one of your engines, all while hitting your land drop, is also not half bad.
Deck List: UG Madness Sample Deck
PS. Let me know if you have any sideboard questions.
1 month ago
If you're looking for speed, drop the Simic Growth Chamber. It's too slow and you don't want to see it in your opening hand. Adding Nature's Lore, Farseek and Rampant Growth will help early game with ramp (and are especially good once you get a Breeding Pool). Also works will with Tatyova.