|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
Temple of Mystery
Temple of Mystery enters the battlefield tapped.
When Temple of Mystery enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Add or to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (26)||, SirFabius , mcstang1986 , the.beanpole , gildan_bladeborn , sonnet666 , warcry02 , tragic_slip , REV666 , ZombieFood , NOGzFTW , pskinn01 , Lindough , BlueMageBrandon , saj0219 , DevoidMage , twospires , Swamy , Gabeph , thetechzombie , Sparky41 , CampbellStev , rockleemyhero , Didgeridooda , brokendwarf , Dredgar|
|Want (3)||goodair , bradyofportdetroit , Turtlelover73|
Temple of Mystery Discussion
3 weeks ago
I'll revisit this decklist and give you more detailed advice when I have time tomorrow, but for now I reccomens Temple of Mystery as a land you get value from playing and as a way to make your manabase more reliable.
4 weeks ago
So I have an Ezuri, Claw of Progress build, myself. You should check it out! I'm gonna give you some ideas, as I may have a few more experience counters than you xD
The suggestions I make are from my list, but I won't mention any cards outside of your budget. Let's get started!
This is alphabetical, not in order of relevance:
- Avenger of Zendikar is a bomb! He usually produces 7 tokens (sometimes more, rarely less). That's 7 Ezuri triggers! A great way to spend some mana.
- Birthing Pod is good; in my opinion, it is secondary to Yisan, the Wanderer Bard (more on him later)
- Breeding Pool is in your sideboard, but is a little out of your budget. If you're willing to buy it, there is absolutely no reason to leave it out of your deck
- Cyclonic Rift is an auto-include, as you are playing a blue EDH deck
- As brian.olson542 mentioned, Fathom Mage is amazing with Ezuri. It's the best card draw you'll get
- Green Sun's Zenith is amazing if you have enough green creatures to make it relevant. Tutoring is important in Commander, especially with a toolbox build (Ezuri can easily be a very effective toolbox). If you have too many blue/artifact creatures, I would go for other tutors
- Hinterland Harbor is from my favorite cycle of lands. In a 2-color deck, it will usually enter the battlefield _UN_tapped, without having to Shock yourself. Wonderful!
- You would be amazed at just how useful Kiora's Follower is. Got a tapped Simic Growth Chamber, Sol Ring, or Oran-Rief, the Vastwood? No problem :) Of course, it can also untap any creatures you have, as well as tapping an opponent's artifacts/creatures. So much utility in one little creature!
- I am familiar with Lifecrafter's Bestiary (or the Pokedex, as I call it). However, I have not tried it in my Ezuri Claw build. I'd be interested in seeing how it plays out!
- Murkfiend Liege is definitely not as good as Seedborn Muse, but it is also 90% cheaper, so that's okay
- Mycoloth is one of the best ways to get more counters! You needn't devour anything as it enters, though you certainly may. Just dump XP into it, and you get some tokens, which gives you more XP, which gives you more tokens, which gives...
- Panharmonicon - yesyesYES!!! This card is bonkers! Creatures that create tokens when they enter the battlefield (i.e.: Avenger of Zendikar) will create twice that amount! But wait - There's more! Those tokens will trigger Ezuri TWICE! For those of you following along at home, that's FOUR TIMES the Ezuri triggers for those tokens. You can't afford to pass that up!
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter really doesn't play with Ezuri, but it is an A+ Simic card.
- PUT IN Sage of Hours!!! He is an infinite combo, and a win condition. If you have 4 XP, play Sage, get another XP, enter combat, place 5 counters on Sage and remove them instantly, take an extra turn. Then do the same thing next turn. Then the next. Then the next. You see where i'm going here? It's infinite turns, my friend. There's no cooler way to win (well... except for Now I Know My ABC's... but that's a different deck)
- I don't usually like taplands, but I make an excuse for Temple of Mystery. The artwork alone keeps it in, and the scrying is noice
- Yavimaya Coast is another solid and inexpensive option for mana
This is kinda alphabetical... but not really. _()_/
- Abundance lets you decide: Do you want a land or not? If you're short lands, get a land. If you're flooded, you can make sure you don't get any more. This is one of the few cards I will suggest that doesn't play with Ezuri, but it will certainly help you get better draws. Bonus: if (for some reason) you were about to be milled to death, this card will save you. If you look at the text, you'll notice that you do not actually draw cards anymore. Thus, when you go to draw from an empty library, nothing will happen. Value!
- Animation Module allows you to get a token whenever you distribute counters. Not super flashy, but an additional Ezuri trigger each turn is nothing to sneeze at.
- Beast Within is some of the best removal you'll get in Simic
- Blighted Agent is Invisible Stalker's Evil Twin. It is almost entirely better than Blight Mamba, and will win you many games.
- Bramblewood Paragon will give all your compleated creatures trample. Bonus: If you play it before Ezuri, your General enters as a 4/4
- Champion of Lambholt makes all your creatures unblockable.
- Chord of Calling is a wonderful tutor! Convoke really makes this baby shine.
- Contagion Engine is removal and the best proliferation you'll get.
- Crystalline Crawler is the best mana producer you'll see for Ezuri
- Cultivator of Blades triggers Ezuri 3 times (10 times with Panharmonicon), and then proceeds to make all your creatures far stronger when she attacks
- Den Protector is a hybrid of Eternal Witness and Champion of Lambholt; it doesn't do either ability as well, but it does do both.
- Defense of the Heart is my favorite Magic card. Look at it. Embrace it. Then tutor for Cultivator of Blades and Avenger of Zendikar :D
- Deranged Hermit gives you 5 quick triggers. You could pay to keep it around, but I usually don't.
- Dryad Arbor is a free Ezuri trigger
- Fauna Shaman lets you chose which creatures you'll be casting.
- The Fable of Wolf and Owl is the second best story ever told (the first being the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise).
- Fertilid lets you extract your lands from your deck, insuring that you will have mana, but not draw lands when you could be drawing more creatures.
- Hangarback Walker loves getting big, then making cute flying ezuri-triggering babies when it dies.
- Kalonian Hydra doubles the counters on ALL OF YOUR CREATURES!
- Loaming Shaman doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he gets your creatures back, so we keep him around.
- Momir Vig, Simic Visionary is the creature that tutors for creatures. He triggers Ezuri, and also finds the bodies you need.
- Nature's Claim is great because it's only 1 mana. The 4 life is negligible.
- Nissa, Voice of Zendikar gives you triggers, as well as counters.
- Parallel Lives because Doubling Season is too expensive.
- Phantom Nantuko is one helluva blocker. I like it better than Fog Bank, personally.
- Pongify - more one-mana removal! you already run one Rapid Hybridization, why not two?
- While we're on removal, there's Reality Shift. It's great beucase if they manifest a non-creature, then they can never cast it. So not only did you remove their Blightsteel Colossus, but you also got their Armageddon (yes, this actually happened to me once; the guy was so ticked).
- Reclamation Sage is removal on ezuri-triggering legs.
- Okay... so I know this is just a little out of your budget, but Sakashima the Impostor simply must go in. It can copy Ezuri, and is the only copy effect that can do so. I want you to imagine, atlasthetitan64, a world with 2 Ezuris. Think about all the triggering! All the COUNTERS! That, my friend, is Phyrexia incarnate. Search your couch for the spare change: Sakashima is well worth it.
- Servant of the Scale is a great one-drop. You can buff him up with no worries. If he dies, you'll just move the counters onto someone else, such as Fathom Mage.
- Simic Manipulator may cause you to lose all your friends, but that ability...
- Spike Feeder gives you more life than you'll know what to do with
- Triskelion is removal. Doesn't trigger Ezuri, but he's a beast. Dump a bunch of counters on him and watch your opponents squirm!
- If you play enough tokens, Triumph of the Hordes can be a good one-turn kill
- Viral Drake is great because of infect, obviously. However, even the proliferation is a welcome addition. It triggers Ezuri, and you'll get more conuters on your creatures, more XP, and more poison counters on your foes!
- Vorel of the Hull Clade doubles the counters on a creature. Great for Triskelion, Blighted Agent, Cultivator of Blades, or Fathom Mage
- Whirler Rogue is akin to Cultivator of Blades. It gets the same bonus from Panharmonicon. It also grants unblockability.
- Wild Beastmaster is not as good as Cultivator of Blades, but it's 2 mana cheaper.
- Wingcrafter is a great one-drop. I'd definitely play it over Cobbled Wings.
- Worldly Tutor wrote the book on creature tutoring. It's a good read!
- Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, because tutoring + cheaper creatures = a win.
Whew! Well I gave you a lot to think about, there. feel free to ask questions about anything I've suggested; I'd be happy to give you examples from games I've played, etc. Good luck, and happy deck-teching!
1 month ago
Let me start by saying that you have picked a great commander. I like Momir Vig, Simic Visionary. He is so much fun, as long as you don't mind shuffling alot. Here's my Simic deck Simic Toolbox for a reference.
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary let you build a toolbox deck that has many options and deal with a wide variety of threats. Let's use that.
I'm going to start with basic strategy, then move onto what to remove, and then what to consider putting in.
Due to the likelyhood of Kozilek, Butcher of Truth, Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre, Gaea's Blessing, or Elixir of Immortality being in an opponent's deck, the mill stategies tand to not work well in commander games. Especially multi-player games. Now, I'm not saying that you can't mill the opponents, just don't rely on that stategy too much.
Additionally, you should be in the 34 to 38 lands range. Only having 29 lands could really slow you down. Don't rely on mana creatures because opponents will target them to hinder you.
I would remove the following:
Blanchwood Armor, only sees forest, auras aren't that good in commander, and there are better options.
Curse of the Bloody Tome, only works on a sinlge opponent.
Khalni Heart Expedition, there are much moer efficient land seach methods.
Ring of Kalonia and Ring of Thune, there are better equipments and other artifacts to consider.
Gridlock, weak tap target permanent ability. Too much of a mana sink.
Gatecreeper Vine, Creatures with defender can't attack and in later parts of the game, just disappoint more often than help. The search for a gate only nets one card.
Skullwinder helps your opponents as much as it helps you.
Wood Elves only finds a forest. Borderland Ranger, Sylvan Ranger, or Farhaven Elf may be better options. And/Or add Breeding Pool.
Without haste, creatuers that have tap abilities are just targets until they lose summoning sickness. Let's minimize those.
Boreal Druid, Kiora's Follower, Llanowar Elves, Merfolk Mesmerist are all cards to consider cutting for lands or stronger creatures.
These are maybe remove or maybe keep, depends on where you want to focus:
Fertile Ground, more land would be better.
Ghostly Touch, better ways to untap a permanent
Paragon of Eternal Wilds, only sees green creatures.
Now for the toolbox creatures. Let's really expand on your +1 counters theme. In no particular order:
From my deck, look at Cytoplast Manipulator, Cytoplast Root-Kin, Cytospawn Shambler, Forgotten Ancient, Helium Squirter, Plaxcaster Frogling, Spike Feeder, Spike Weaver, Triskelion.
Additionally Armorcraft Judge, Baloth Pup, Oran-Rief Hydra, Ainok Guide, Avatar of the Resolute, Battlefront Krushok, Hooded Hydra, Experiment Kraj, Fertilid are all fun cards with abilities that capitalize on counters.
Mystic Snake gives you a repeatable counterspell when you have Roaring Primadox or a Crystal Shard on the field.
Murkfiend Liege, makes everything stronger and untaps your dudes each turn. Truly obnoxious with a Hair-Strung Koto in play.
Gilder Bairn can accelerate your creatures and planeswalkers. But to really abuse it you need a Holdout Settlement, Springleaf Drum or Hair-Strung Koto in play to tap it.
Sphinx of Magosi has been a favorite of mine in commander decks. Flyer, card draw, and keeps gettign bigger.
Omnibian is a good way to remove an opponents blocking creature by reducing it to a 3/3 after blockers are declared and before damage happens.
Simic Guildmage is good for the counters, but if you really want to run some auras then he gets better.
Other cards to consider:
Crystal Shard lets you block and then bounce a creature you control so that you can reuse the 'enters the battlefield' triggers.
Durable Handicraft give you an option to put a counter on any creatures as it enters the field.
Hardened Scales is a great card in this deck and is cheaper than Doubling Season.
Halimar Depths, Khalni Garden, Llanowar Reborn, Oran-Rief, the Vastwood, Temple of Mystery and Treetop Village have always been good to me.
Simic Growth Chamber lets you bounce the Halimar Depths, Khalni Garden or a tapped basic. Also retriggers the landfall cards.
Writing this up has made me want to get off my chair and go build my Simic commander deck. Thanks!I hope that these suggestions help you. As always, temper these suggestions with your collection and your budget. Feel free to take a look at my decks and let me know what you think.
2 months ago
No problem. The main thing I would focus on is upgrading the mana base as well as working on upgrading your narrower blink targets. For the lands, I would prioritize dual lands that have the ability to come into play untapped, such as Prairie Stream and the check lands (Glacial Fortress, Hinterland Harbor, Sunpetal Grove)
Just the changes to the mana base alone will give you more consistency and speed up your development, as you will have fewer lands come into play tapped, plus those suggestions come in at just over $17, but you can save almost $5 by holding off on Hinterland Harbor for the time being.
2 months ago
I think you should add Tunnel Vision in here (guess where I saw that? haha).
With a wizard sub theme adding Laboratory Maniac makes sense and there's a plethora of scrying effects in blue that could also complement your bouncing theme.
2 months ago
I see where you are coming from with Dryad Arbor and Khalni Garden, but in my meta, people would snipe the Dryad Arbor just for kicks. Khalni Garden isn't bad by comparison; however, if I'm going to have a land come in tapped, I'd rather have a dual land. The lands you mentioned have been on my chopping block for awhile. I'll be cutting Llanowar Reborn, Vivid Creek, and Vivid Grove for dual lands, i.e. Temple of Mystery, Thornwood Falls, Yavimaya Coast, etc.
2 months ago
Grasslands, Bad River, Flood Plain, Bant Panorama, Esper Panorama and Krosan Verge are super budget fetches. I would re-include Murmuring Bosk, because of it's forest type it is essentially a fetch-able Sandsteppe Citadel. The KTK block fetches are at a low right now, with all three in Atraxa's colors at $10-15 (Flooded Strand, Polluted Delta, Windswept Heath. For more U/G lands Yavimaya Coast, Lumbering Falls, Opulent Palace, Hinterland Harbor, Botanical Sanctum and Temple of Mystery are great budget options. Breeding Pool itself though is under $10 right now so I'd jump on that.
2 months ago
Hey! Love your enthusiasm for your snake deck. As someone who's relatively new to Magic, I've never seen a snake deck... and it was a treat.
It seems like you'd want more basic forests over islands, as none of your turn 1 & 2 plays are blue and you only run 6 untapped green sources. Plus, when you actually need islands, you have Sakura-Tribe Elder and Terramorphic Expanse to find them for you. Maybe consider dropping 4 islands and add 4 forests?