|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Core Set 2020 (M20)||Rare|
|Promo Set (000)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Temple of Mystery
Temple of Mystery enters the battlefield tapped.
When Temple of Mystery enters the battlefield, scry 1. (Look at the top card of your library. You may put that card on the bottom of your library.)
: Gain or .
|Have (9)||lorddarkstar , sonnet666 , MrShhh , LordBlackblade , Tylertrashh , jecder , shinbatsu , Rageface090 , MeJeremy|
|Want (12)||pinheadenator , BlckRck , Vzq , __juanthebeaver27 , Luxtra , Nuregami , epicjewfro , Band445 , kyris , DEasy353 , Takore , Mnfrdtl24|
Temple of Mystery Discussion
1 week ago
Heya! I'm somewhat a decent player at modern and wanna make another deck! It'll be a ramp deck with elementals. I already have cards planned but need ideas for removals and such. I think some of these cards will work out. Hopefully! Let me know what you guys think! Overgrowth Elemental Yarok's Wavecrasher Boreal Elemental x3 Silverback Shaman x2 Cloudkin Seer Healer of the Glade x3 (want 4) Leafkin Druid X3 Risen Reef X3 (want 4) Thicket Crasher Bioessence Hydra Master Biomancer Vorel of the Hull Clade For lands I have Temple of Mystery (want 4) Thornwood Falls (want 4) Let me know suggestions please~
1 week ago
Interesting, as I hadn't thought of the interaction of Blood Sun and the bouncelands essentially removing their 'downside'. But I don't really think this iteration works, Blood Sun removes our ability to activate Slayers' Stronghold and Sunhome, as well as almost blanking Amulet due to the lands not coming into play tapped, this effect is most noticeable when you have multiple Amulets, which is the decks strongest interaction and allows incredibly broken things. I think there might be an actual spot for Lotus Fields somewhere in the deck, at least in theory, but definitely not as a 4-of. There will be many times where your entire hand will be bouncelands and Lotus Fields, essentially forcing mulligans. If you don't draw enough lands to even cast a Blood Sun the drawback is huge since just playing it out you will often have bouncelands as targets, which is losing you mana. Sure you could maybe generate some large amounts of mana with amulets and the Lotus Fields but you're still blowing up all your lands unless you have Blood Sun in play, which makes the deck way more all-in on that interaction since if they have an answer for your titan you've now put yourself incredibly behind instead of still leveraging your lands in play to cast more things. Just my two cents!
Also, Gemstone Mine is often better than Mana Confluence/City of Brass in this deck, as bouncing it restores counters and it's painless. Crumbling Vestige , Tendo Ice Bridge , Aether Hub are also good. Vesuva as a one-of is pretty standard for Amulet Titan decks, as it removes the necessity to run two Boros Garrisons for the Sunhome activation and is much more flexible, I have even won a game using Vesuva to copy an opponent's Celestial Colonnade for lethal.
Also good cards for this kind of deck:
Trinket Mage , utility for sideboard cards + extra Amulets
Walking Ballista , wincon/aggro deterrent
Hornet Queen , almost an auto-win vs. Midrange/Control
Ruric Thar, the Unbowed , against storm/spellslinger decks
Dragonlord Dromoka , anti-control/protects titan combo
Sigarda, Host of Herons , anti-control/midrange, impossible to remove
Chameleon Colossus , extremely strong vs. Death's Shadow and black decks in general
Courser of Kruphix , anti-aggro wall that generates life and value, easy to cast
Explore , safer but less explosive than the tribe scouts, also cycles
Khalni Garden , stalls against aggro and can be insurance as a sacrifice target against cards like Liliana of the Veil to protect Titan
Radiant Fountain , good against burn, bounce multiple times
Temple of Mystery , extra card filtering, better if you also run the Serum Visions versions
Abrade , versatile answer
3 weeks ago
Blast Zone could also be fun? With Yarok out, it starts with two counters instead of one.
Also consider Mortuary Mire for some more recursion.
1 month ago
Add: Combine Guildmage Evolution Sage Murkfiend Liege Karn's Bastion Thornwood Falls Vivid Grove Vivid Creek Simic Ascendancy Beastmaster Ascension Hadana's Climb Flip Inexorable Tide Nissa, Voice of Zendikar Courser of Kruphix Bow of Nylea Kruphix, God of Horizons Botanical Sanctum Hinterland Harbor Woodland Stream Temple of Mystery Simic Guildgate Lumbering Falls Primal Rage Vizier of the Menagerie Tamiyo, Collector of Tales Inspiring Call
1 month ago
About those of your suggestions. I have been testing Narset, Parter of Veils by cutting Coercive Portal and she has been amazing and is here to stay but I don't know what is right to cut. I have also been testing Treasure Cruise by cutting Tasigur, the Golden Fang because Karakas has been showing its head.
And now to your maybeboard.
- First is that I would switch Liliana of the Veil because in a controlling deck Liliana, the Last Hope is just amazing because she makes combat unbearable for opponents + she is card advantage and win condition.
- I haven't had good time with Chart a Course and I feel like that it is more tempo card and I would replace it with Gitaxian Probe
- Search for Azcanta Flip is just too good not to play. I would cut Ashiok, Dream Render because I tested her in 2 tournaments and I drew her 8 times and never wanted to play her even on to empty field.
- I would change Liliana's Triumph to Collective Brutality because there aren't many creatures that you need to kill with sacrifice (True name, Mirran Crusader are the biggest)
- For some reason I have had hard time finding enough cards in graveyard to support 3 big delve creatures + tarmo + azcanta so I would suggest trying to cut Tasigur, the Golden Fang to Scavenging Ooze
- This may be only personal preference but I don't like Pernicious Deed in sultai for some reason and I would suggest giving change to Courser of Kruphix or Spellseeker
- For your manabase I would suggest adding more colored lands like fast lands Blooming Marsh Botanical Sanctum Darkslick Shores and cutting Volrath's Stronghold , Temple of Mystery and then either one of these Bojuka Bog or Sunken Hollow and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Tectonic Edge . Personally I wouldn't even play Field of Ruin but it can fix and is good enough
- I wouldn't add Coiling Oracle any more because Modern Horizons is bringing us Ice-Fang Coatl that is just sadly supreme version of Oracle (crying because it is my pet card)
- Sakura-Tribe Elder , Shriekmaw and Recurring Nightmare are more rock like strategy and don't fit in + Nightmare is shit if you don't have enough creatures
- I would suggest to test Glen Elendra Archmage and Catacomb Sifter depending what your meta is like. Oh and Eldritch Evolution is extremely powerful card but I am not sure of it because you don't have as many creatures.
Otherwise your deck seems solid more controlling sultai that will win games.
I hope that I answered your question well enough. Also remember that these are just suggestions and not absolute do things and some cards may be better in different meta games.
2 months ago
I think that you could lose a little bit of control. Its pretty heavy and this looks incredibly fast. I'm thinking just stick to Path to Exile and Dissolve . You might want to look at Serum Visions and/or Opt for draw power and scrying. It might be worth it to splash green =, because you get access to Utopia Sprawl which in itself doesn't really matter. However, you get access to the other 2 scry lands, those being: Temple of Plenty and Temple of Mystery . You also get access to protection for your wincons, the best probably being Blossoming Defense or Heroic Intervention . If you don't want to splash green, Apostle's Blessing is good white protection.
3 months ago
I guess I might be missing something, but I don't see a need for Reliquary Tower here.
Mainboard ideas: Thrive , Immaculate Magistrate , Marwyn, the Nurturer , Rishkar, Peema Renegade , Biomancer's Familiar , Quest for Renewal (vs Wilderness Reclamation ), Inspiring Call , Llanowar Reborn , Oran-Rief, the Vastwood , Ghost Quarter , Scavenger Grounds , Temple of Mystery
Sideboard ideas: Naturalize / Reclamation Sage / Hurkyl's Recall / Creeping Corrosion / Back to Nature , Beast Within , Imprisoned in the Moon , Elixir of Immortality , Ratchet Bomb , Pithing Needle , Scavenging Ooze , Tajuru Preserver
3 months ago
Incubation / Incongruity might be worth considering.
Contagion Clasp - without ramp, Contagion Engine isn't going to see much play. Contagion Clasp is still steep to activate and only half the power, but you're more likely to pull it off. If you're going to keep either, add 1x Buried Ruin to the mana-base.
Probably needs Blossoming Defense - with so few creatures, you really need to hold on to any you get down, but you also can't afford to give up an pumps. BD helps on both fronts, so it's probably a smart add.
Temple of Mystery occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
GU (Simic): 1.41%
RUG (Temur): 2.11%
GWU (Bant): 0.69%