Geier Reach Bandit
Creature — Human Rogue Werewolf
At the beginning of each upkeep, if no spells were cast last turn, transform Geier Reach Bandit.
Printings View all
|Shadows over Innistrad (SOI)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Geier Reach Bandit Discussion
1 month ago
- Replace Prey Uponwith Moonlight Hunt: Superior speed, and superior damage output, without risking the loss of a unit. And I would also add 1-2 more copies to the main board.
- Replace Shockwith Lightning Bolt / Lightning Strike: Better damage output for (almost) the same mana.
- Lower mainboard Moonmistto 2 or 3 and replace them with Moonlight Hunt. The 1 or 2 other copies would be side boarded.
- Replace Ulrich of the Krallenhorde Flip with Huntmaster of the Fells Flip: Cheaper, almost as stronger and has greater impact on the battlefield (removal + life gain + token generator vs buffer + removal).
- Replace Wolfbitten Captive Flipwith 2x Mayor of Avabruck Flipand 1x Lambholt Pacifist Flip.
- Replace 1x Geier Reach Bandit Flipwith 1x Daybreak Ranger Flip.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Perhaps Silverfur Partisan? It’s a great card but to get the maximum use of its ability it’s best in a deck that can cast a lot of spells on your own creatures so you can control the token production. In your deck you have just 3 cards that have this synergy, Vines of Vastwood. Silverfur Partisan is great against targeted control/removal heavy decks and it essentially replaces itself if it’s the target of your opponents spells. Maybe that would be better as a sideboard option for the deck.
2 months ago
9 months ago
OK, let us see…
Land creature ratio:
- Try 22 Lands instead of 20 (trust me on this).
- 25 – 26 creatures are just fine.
- 12 – 13 spells.
- Replace Cinder Glade or Rootbound Crag with Game Trail (Since you are on a budget).
- 1x Kessig Wolf Run .
- Add 1x Forest or another Cinder Glade , Rootbound Crag , Game Trail or Kazandu Refuge .
- Daybreak Ranger Flip good card, but usually better as sideboard, whenever you face tons of flyers or when in need for extra removal. I would replace the whole set with Duskwatch Recruiter Flip, faster, cheaper (in both mana and dollars) and helps a lot to keep your hand and board full of wolves. Another budget replacement, could be Gatstaf Shepherd Flip, same cmc, goes for like 20 cents the copy and has intimidate.
- Geier Reach Bandit Flip another pretty good card, but I would just main 2 copies, more than that is usually not great, and this opens space to great finishers like Kruin Outlaw Flip.
- You have a ton of “Lord Effects”, so Reckless Waif Flip might be a good addition, since she has better body than Village Messenger Flip. Maybe tun a mix of both? Also could replace some Bandits to make the deck more aggro.
- Now about Silverfur Partisan . Most people think that you need a bunch of instants to cast on it yourself to justify its inclusion. WRONG! Even though that is a way to make it work, and even thought there a couple of cool combos with Zada, Hedron Grinder , it is not its main role. While in play, the partisan gives you a wolf for EVERY TARGETED WOLF OR WEREWOLF, which means that for every removal spell they cast on your creatures, you get a free replacement, which is great against some heavy removal decks. Remember that Werewolves have 3 main weak points, fliers, removal and mass removal. A great side board card.
- Magma Jet is not good here. I get the scry thing and all, but damage is more important for wolves. The obvious is Lightning Bolt , but usually with the money of just one copy, you can get 4x Lightning Strike or Incinerate or even something like Arc Trail (not recommended).
- Rabid Bite this is a terrible, ugly, and horrible card. Never ever use it! Try Pounce instead.
Hope this helps! Be kind and have fun.
1 year ago
In an aggro deck board presence matters, I'd suggest you add Village Messenger Flip or Reckless Waif Flip and up Wolfbitten Captive to 4x. Geier Reach Bandit Flip is a bit like extra copies of Moonmist, so should probably be a 4x too. Personally I'd cut Cult of the Waxing Moon and Ulrich of the Krallenhorde, simply because they cast 5, don't have a massive impact on the board and getting to 5 mana with 18 lands is harder than you think, for that reason Pack Guardian is also iffy. I'd definitely cut Call of the Full Moon, as it's just far to easy to remove and means that the creature it enchants is a 2-for-1. Unclaimed Territory might help with mana fixing...
1 year ago
werewolves are a deck i have a lot of experience with, so allow me to give you some tips.
for the most part, aura's aren't that good except on hexproof creatures. if your opponent destroys your enchanted creature, they essentially just "2 for 1'd" you. meaning they used 1 of their cards, to destroy 2 of yours.
Geier Reach Bandit Flip, once flipped, makes all your other werewolves transform immediately. this can give you the effect of both sides of Huntmaster of the Fells Flip as soon as he enters play. Waxing Moon also forces a flip.
i know you said you wanted the deck to stay under $30, but Aether Vial can let you put creatures into play without casting them.
"bloodrush" abilities, such as Ghor-Clan Rampager, do not count as casting a spell. you can use this ability to pump up the human side of a werewolf while its attacking, then pass turn and it will still flip. the fact that they are also creatures you can play if your werewolves get destroyed is a nice bonus.
1 year ago
DanTheBear The tokens seem really solid. I was playtesting this deck earlier with my new changes and the tokens from the Mayor were putting in some work. Huntmaster of the Fells Flip and Geier Reach Bandit Flip is a really nice combo. 4 mana 4/4 that gains you 4 life and 2 2/2 tokens is really strong. Especially with all the buffing cards I have currently.