|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool one mana of any type that a land you control could produce.
|Have (4)||pskinn01 , ZeBear , miracle ,|
|Want (13)||gigimaci , icsvortex , Ignis_Rana , whitethunder8101 , attilablake , freeze0583261 , KillDatBUG , StiMag , DankMagicianD , ColonelCraig , , brokendwarf , Zyrook|
Reflecting Pool Discussion
3 days ago
Patryn Thanks for all the suggestions, I know I have a few of my battlebond lands around, or at least that I have another Sea of Clouds I could swap into the deck and I can probably move a few shock lands into the deck from some of my other decks that I don’t play as much.
I probably won’t get Mana Confluence or Reflecting Pool since they are a little a little pricy. Do you think the Dominaria checklands like Hinterland Harbor would work better in the deck if I used some of them? I also have an Unclaimed Territory which could go in just for casting my creatures.
I can see going down that counterspell route a little since I really don’t need that many warriors on the field for Najeela to do her work. Hope to get Dovin's Veto once that comes out.
I guess the main thing to ask is what cards do you think I should remove if I were to make those changes.
3 days ago
A couple more thoughts in addition to my thoughts above.
Cathars' Crusade is a math nightmare but it's way better than Door of Destinies. I don't play this but if you like pumping the team up it is one of the best ways to do it.
Fire Covenant is a selective wrath to clear the way for your attacks and you can easily regain the life by activating Najeela.
Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist combined with a source of Menace makes your team unblockable.
Other lands that will help you and wont break the bank: City of Brass , Mana Confluence , Reflecting Pool . I'd cut anything that comes into play tapped. Play pain lands, check lands, battle lands or anything else.
1 week ago
I am considering removing Forge of Heroes , Path of Ancestry , Thespian's Stage , and Exotic Orchard for Reflecting Pool , Mana Confluence , and Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth to have better mana fixing. Fetches could work to get the colors I need but it really isn't necessary 99.99% of the time
1 week ago
Tried to add some more artifacts and some more firepower. I'm also thinking that these will pair well with Unwinding Clock (especially the Artifact Lands). Competitive Meter went from 76% to 78%.
3 weeks ago
I LOVE THE DECK. I'm actually trying to make a Persistent Petitioners Reanimator deck right now, but I wasn't able to figure out what to target with reanimation spells. You figured it out though.
1) Take out Thrumming Stone , yes the card can do broken things, but I don't know how beneficial it will actually be in this deck. Also the decks that it is used in are very straight forward ones with no set up ( Relentless Rats and Rat Colony ), not things that need set up ( Shadowborn Apostle ).
2) Take out Avacyn, Angel of Hope , yes she is a great card, but when she's the only big body in a deck the body itself won't do much the same way mill doesn't do much to a group of 3 opponents. Also what in this deck would your opponents want to blow up on your battlefield? In the end she is just a defensive card in this deck that will take way too much set up to benefit from.
4) The mana base, before I get into my suggestions on the mana base I will just say any base can benefit from a ton of fetchlands and other things like that and I'm not gonna sit here and just tell you to add in every fetchland in your colors. Now to my suggestions, cut all taplands they hurt a deck much more than you may think.
Cuts in the Land Base:
J) As far as I can tell you don't seem like you'll be going to combat much and if you're not then Glacial Chasm would be great.
BTW, when I finish designing my deck list I'll let you know what it is in the comments here so you can take a look at if you want.
3 weeks ago
Hey, looks good, but consider adding more hate?
Cards to consider adding:
- Adarkar Wastes
- Seachrome Coast
- Mana Confluence
- City of Brass
- Reflecting Pool
- Aven Mindcensor : flash, makes your opponent's tutors less effective, even Fetch lands.
- Containment Priest : flash, low mana cost reanimation is one way to get around the hate, this stops it.
- Fatespinner : making your opponents choose which step they want to play for the turn is pretty good for you.
- Luminarch Ascension : excellent win condition when your opponents are locked down and in multiplayer Commander it gets four counters fast. Two mana to cast and to repeatedly make 4/4 Angels is great when lands are being disrupted. Works well with Mana Breach because you aren't casting a card to make an Angel. Cursed Totem because Ascension is not a creature and Fatespinner because if your opponents are having to choose which step they get to use then combat is most likely the step they will choose to skip.
- Mana Breach
- Cursed Totem
- Aura of Silence
- Dramatic Reversal : combos with Isochron Scepter and mana rocks for infinite mana. Use the combo with Sphinx's Revelation.
- Pact of Negation
- Swords to Plowshares
- Talisman of Progress
To make your deck more competitive consider cutting these cards:
- Terramorphic Expanse
- Evolving Wilds
- Flood Plain
- Port Town
- Prairie Stream
- Emergency Powers
- Planar Bridge
- Fall of the Thran
- Thought Lash
- Estrid's Invocation
- Mind's Dilation
- Thaumatic Compass
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Burnished Hart
- Cataclysmic Gearhulk
- Spelltithe Enforcer
- Avacyn, Angel of Hope
1 month ago
Thanks to everyone that commented for the great feedback.
There are a number of cards mentioned that are already on my acquire list that I want for the deck that I just didn't have handy because they are already in my Scion/Ur-Dragon deck or others. This includes Illusionist's Bracers , Flameshadow Conjuring , Dragonmaster Outcast , Thousand-Year Elixir , Dragon Tyrant , High Market and Tel-Jilad Stylus . I should have included a 'too acquire' list.
There are some cards I cut from my first draft simply do to overall mana curve. I always build my decks too high and so I deliberately go back and reassess everything 6 CMC and up. I found this to be the case when I cut Dragon Mage , Utvara Hellkite , and Scourge of Valkas (avoiding 3 colored in the casting cost...I know, I know, it's a mono deck, but I still find away to get locked there somehow). I also did find Scourge of Valkas meeting my 'answers' need when it was tutored, but I can see @TypicalTimmy's combo as fun shenanigans, so I might need to make room for them.
As for rocks, I had trimmed both Fellwar Stone and Ruby Medallion because I went more on utility in other areas. The same sort of went for Dragon's Hoard . i'd be interested in suggestion on what to cut for any of these. I did leave both Thought Vessel and Reliquary Tower deliberately out as the deck just never puts you in that position to need them.
The honest answer on the City of Brass , Command Tower , Mana Confluence , Path of Ancestry , and Reflecting Pool is I ran out of the unhinged mountains I wanted to use and need to get more :). The command tower was an easy add as it doesn't lose much aside from being affected by anything that targets non-basic lands. The Path of Ancestry was because I wanted the advantage of the scry and then the ping lands were because I need more unhinged mountains.
I had Gamble in the deck, but cut it in favor of others. Suggestions on what to pull out for it?
Chaos Warp is in the deck.
1 month ago
I like the inclusion of the sac outlets and Feldon of the Third Path to get dragons back out of the graveyard. Have you considered cutting a few lands to make room for more dragons?
I'm also curious as to why you are running so many nonbasic lands in a mono red deck? I'm especially confused as to the inclusion of City of Brass , Command Tower , Mana Confluence , Path of Ancestry , and Reflecting Pool . You should consider adding High Market as another sac outlet for your dragons.
Reflecting Pool occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.12%
W/U/B (Esper): 0.47%
BUG (Sultai): 0.71%
RBW (Mardu): 0.55%
U/B/R (Grixis): 0.52%