|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Rise of the Eldrazi (ROE)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
- What would happen with a Primal Surge and a Bear Umbra?
- What happens when Skullbriar dies after receiving Bear Umbra + Solidarity of Heroes?
- Interaction between enchantments untapping land on attack
- Which happens first in a case of a creature having multiple instances of "Whenever this creature attacks, X happens."
- Totem Armor vs Lifelink and Infect
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has "Whenever this creature attack, untap all lands you control."
Totem armor (If enchanted creature would be destroyed, instead remove all damage from it and destroy this Aura.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (21)||Talistan , ZombieFood , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , Qolorful , thetechzombie , rebelteddybear , Fullmetalmage , MyTotoro , damo_rox , rikertchu , kpral , electrolynx , cklise , Stryfe_ , mziter501 , golgarigirl , mycheze , BobJeph , ExaByteOctopus , Kleptozaniac , bpiser95|
|Want (35)||robotmonkey , GS10 , mitch50700 , neotox , Malachy_ , Synchlor , Blind_Guardian , brutusq13 , clongst , jamin , Sam_I_am , Raw_fishFood , wightwizard8 , Bluewolf_Sun , jacokotze , psoliver , Vestrinex , imapuncha , xander025 , Xats , Lazysaurus , bjohnburke , sgtpumbah , Georgez96 , dododestroyer , AUserThatDoesNoTExist , eleventhend , Artius , NobleSlay3r , alainvaillancourt02 , SpaghettiToastBook , jmunda , TheRealSpecialK , golgariizzet , mtgfortheboyz|
Bear Umbra Discussion
4 days ago
Cathars' Crusade Patriarch's Bidding Cyclonic Rift Sword of Feast and Famine Bear Umbra Aura Shards Rhys the Redeemed Fell the Mighty Hour of Reckoning Retribution of the Meek Merciless Eviction Fire Covenant Stonebrow, Krosan Hero Zo-Zu the Punisher Zurgo Helmsmasher
6 days ago
Warriors are fairly aggressive, I would recommend cutting down to 36 lands.
Purphoros, God of the Forge can take advantage of the tokens you are making. Ruric Thar, the Unbowed punishes your opponents for playing non creature spells (he can hit you, but it is totally worth it).
I've made a pretty decent Najeela warrior EDH, there are more cards in the deck that I didn't mention that you might find useful.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 5 COMMENTS | 138 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I would definitely recommend taking a look at my deck, it might give you some more ideas (and it would help me out too ;P).
1 week ago
1) I had Scourge of the Throne in the deck, but would notice a couple problems. It says "for the first time each turn" which makes it sort of redundant or void if someone were to want to go infinite with it instead. I did play it instead of Hellkite Charger, but figured that Bear Umbra would help it go infinite should I have the mana open or hope it would survive until the next turn. Many people don't consider Hellkite Charger and Bear Umbra anyway. Secondly, I have had moments where, believe it or not, I had the highest life total of the table despite the Mana Vault, Mana Crypt and Sylvan Library, etc...
2) While I can appreciate the hexproof on Siege Behemoth, I don't actually have much problems in regards to single spot removal in my meta as much as I tend to deal with boardwipes and just straight up counters. Also, the cost of 7 mana is not really what I am looking for to deal 14 damage when I am looking for ways to kill at that point. I have focused more on trample as the main method to get damage through in the deck.
3) Traverse the Outlands would seem astounding in my deck until I noticed that my deck's curve just isn't that high. Cards like Malignus, Putrefax, Phyrexian Juggernaut, and Hydra Omnivore are already lower costing creatures for EDH/Commander that are made to kill with Xenagos, God of Revels and they merely cost 5 or 6.
4) Kessig Wolf Run is in there, because how could I not? The missing keyword on the general is clearly trample, so it is necessary to get the damage through.
5) I might consider Garruk, Primal Hunter again. I had taken it out because I did have higher costing green creatures like Avenger of Zendikar, Craterhoof Behemoth and Worldspine Wurm. Those high-costing green creatures had since been taken out for more ways to cheat creatures into play like Survival of the Fittest, Sneak Attack, Fauna Shaman and Elvish Piper
6) I have a relatively high land count in part for consistency. I want to be able to get to 5 as quick as possible but still as reliably as possible, even if I don't have the greatest of opening hands. I also have a lot of ramp that relies on having plenty of land in the hand as well, so the relatively higher amount of land does matter when I am playing Lotus Cobra, Oracle of Mul Daya, Burgeoning, Exploration and Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 week ago
I've been playing against Najeela quite a bit recently. Some of your choices don't really seem to synergize with your deck.
For Example; Wrath of God, Play of the Game, and Cataclysmic Gearhulk hit your field just as hard as the hit your opponents. Cards like Aligned Hedron Network, Austere Command, Hour of Reckoning, or Merciless Eviction will allow you to carve your field wiping to primarily benefit you.
Since you are already running Druids' Repository I'm guessing your group allows infinite combos. With all of the enchantment tutoring you have, you might want to add Cryptolith Rite or Song of Freyalise and Reconnaissance.
1 week ago
Hi! Sorry it took me a while to get back to you, my job has been super busy.
This deck is...odd (not in a bad way). I'm going to be as cutthroat as possible here, since it's listed as competitive :)
I definitely see the influence of my The Locust God deck - you chose the same counterspell suite as I did, have a similar Paradox Engine line of play, use the same rocks, etc. And yet, there are some strange choices for a competitive deck - relatively little interaction, several 4+ mana spells that do very little when they come down, and a lack of hard draw.
Nature's Lore and/or Three Visits over Kodama's Reach, Windfall over (or in addition to) Time Reversal. Cutting Mindbreak Trap for Arcane Denial, unless your meta is REALLY storm-heavy. Sylvan Library over (or in addition to) Mirri's Guile. Since you're in green, you have access to some strong mana dorks that work well with Paradox Engine (or just as early ramp), particularly Birds of Paradise and Bloom Tender. I'd personally argue for Bear Umbra over Nature's Will, since it also protects the creature in question, but it sorta depends on the amount of exiling removal in your meta. You're not running Necropotence, and you should fix that. I would almost certainly run Dramatic Reversal/Isochron Scepter in here - each half is really good alone, and it gives you an infinite storm count together. In terms of removal, Nature's Claim is the biggest thing I feel you're missing, since you have very little interaction to deal with hate pieces that you go up against. An argument could be made for adding Deadeye Navigator to pair with your Palinchron/Peregrine Drake, and cards like Tooth and Nail/Defense of the Heart to find them, but I don't feel that's a great use of slots in the current list. Jace's Archivist is far better than Arcanis the Omnipotent in this deck.
My first cuts would absolutely be any card at CMC 5 or greater, unless it essentially immediately wins you the game. I would remove Berserkers' Onslaught, Consuming Aberration, Peregrine Drake, Treachery, and Arcanis the Omnipotent immediately.
If I may ask, why use Yidris for this if you could use something like Kess in the command zone instead? It seems like you aren't doing too much with green in the deck, and relying on connecting with Yidris seems...unreliable. In a competitive deck, you'd want to be winning on T4 most games, which makes casting Yidris at that point a bad proposition (especially since most strong mana rocks can't help you cast him, given that his mana cost involves no colorless mana).
I hope this helps as a preliminary look! I can come back and offer more thoughts when I have a few more minutes to think about it :)
1 week ago
I like this list! There should be another that lists cards that cheat out creatures.
3 weeks ago
3 weeks ago
Evidently, I can't help but give card suggestions:
Swiftfoot Boots would be a solid option to consider, or other methods of granting Hexproof. Please note, Shroud is going to be problematic--Scavenge is a targeted ability, so you would not be able to increase Varolz's power if granted Shroud.
Indestructible is another good option. That's not really Black/Green's strong-suit, so Darksteel Plate is probably your best option.
Double strike is fantastic, which you already have.
Flying is quite a good option.
Lifelink is pretty strong. Whip of Erebos is a good option, as you can grab a creature from your graveyard for a last hurrah.
Bear Umbra is a pretty neat little card, providing a power bonus and the ability to cast cards in both main phases.
Empyrial Plate is incredibly mediocre, particularly later in the game.
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed seems like a solid option for your commander, as you can sacrifice to regenerate your commander and end up getting a +1/+1 counter out of the deal. If you're running Mikaeus, there's no reason not to have Triskelion as an infinite combo/backup win condition, as it only takes up an extra card.
Needle Specter - not really a great card. It's a 1/1 for three mana that requires investment to start being more useful.
That's all I have time for right now.