|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masterpiece Series: Amonkhet Invocations||Common|
Combos Browse all
: Untap all creatures you control. After this main phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (5)||perrin515 , Nemesis , ZombieFood , jparker-sartori21 , kpral|
|Want (3)||pskinn01 , Zhorus_The_Bauqret , Caldazar|
Aggravated Assault Discussion
1 day ago
Your mana curve seems a bit high. I think you should add some mana rocks (Ruby Medallion, Fire Diamond, Sol Ring) and card draw or wheel effects (Reforge the Soul, Magus of the Wheel, Wheel of Fate, Mind's Eye, Faithless Looting). Since you're mono-red, Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Caged Sun are great.
1 day ago
2 days ago
Thanks for the kind comment cmbr.
Thanks for the suggestion SolomonsEfreet. The standard combat phase trick in Kaalia of the Vast is Hellkite Charger or Aggravated Assault + Sword of Feast and Famine to make the Infinite Combat Phases. All the cards are good on their own as well, Sword of Feast and Famine gives nice protection to a Kaalia of the Vast. Seize the Day is good because it is fairly low CMC and the flashback is even cheaper, it's tough to find 3 A/D/D in hand to really utilize it's power, where as the infinite attack phases, assuming can't be interrupted allows a potential win.
2 days ago
Aurelia, the Warleader, despite not being a soldier, can allow your soldiers to pack more punch, and can allow Battalion cards to trigger twice, such as the aforementioned Tajic. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight can also double the pain.
1 week ago
You should include a secondary win-con into the deck, the standard Kaalia of the Vast is Crucible of Worlds + Armageddon + Ravages of War + Command Beacon + Strip Mine + Wasteland. Others are Worldgorger Dragon and/or Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker which is the one I play. It's too hard to deal 40 damage to all 3 players, especially with your board position, it pulls attention of the other decks, even though the others may be driving toward their win-con combos.
Mother of Runes is a nice cheap re-usable protection as well.
Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite is awesome, miss Phyrexia/Innistrad, but she isn't an A/D/D so tough to cast her. She will be too slow, albeit very controlling.
You have Brave the Sands use Angelic Field Marshal spot for something else. Maybe an Exquisite Archangel to hit the reset life button, or a Baneslayer Angel to lifelink who can be cast without Kaalia of the Vast, maybe Angelic Arbiter/Linvala, Keeper of Silence if you like the control aspect, or a Grand Abolisher which protect Kaalia of the Vast during your turn, which especially combos nice with the Haste.
I think Sheoldred, Whispering One again is someone that's not working with your overall game plan. The Praetors are way too awesome, but they are going to be far too slow for what you need to accomplish with Kaalia of the Vasts bar-brawl style of aggro play.
Citadel Siege is a little slow, your guys are already pretty big, not sure it's worth the 1 blocker tap-down.
Really cool, love Kaalia of the Vast, the mana will take a while but slowly work on it. Cheers.
1 week ago
Waste Not seems like a waste in a deck focused on the combat damage/cascade instead of wheel effects (Kydele at the helm). I'd also remove said wheel effects Windfall, Whispering Madness and Reforge the Soul (specially since you won't be cascading if you cast it for the Miracle cost). Maybe keep Wheel of Fate as a target for 0 cmc. And did you seriously go for Notion Thief + Wheel effect (aka Leovold's reason for being banned?). This would be a reason to really hate on your deck (which you said you would try to avoid this time).
Consuming Aberration is a strong and annoying creature to deal with, but it does seem out of place here. Is your plan to kill everyone via combat/cascading or do you want to mill everyone out? He does so much better in Chaos Yidris/Storm Yidris...
Hellkite Tyrant would be better off in an artifact heavy deck (even though you have a bunch of mana rocks and stealing artifacts is always fun, I think it doesn't impact the game as much as you'd like).
Damia, Sage of Stone requires you to wait a whole turn before doing something. So, unless you go for some extra turn cards, I'd rather have a bunch of effects that drew me cards immediately or increased the number of cards drawn each turn: Mulldrifter, Thoughtcast for the Affinity, Scour the Laboratory for the Delirium, Recurring Insight is almost guaranteed to draw you 6+ cards since it has rebound and Pore Over the Pages untaps some lands for you.
Deepfathom Skulker, Mask of Memory, Bident of Thassa, Tandem Lookout all provide extra card draw from combat. Staff of Nin provides a good passive card draw (and the 1 damage basically means opponents' creatures have 1 less toughness if needed).
Null Profusion is one of the weird cards that could work really well with Yidris. If you manage to drop a Thought Vessel or Reliquary Tower AFTER it, the hand-restriction is nullified and it's important to notice it grants you a draw for playing lands as well.
Did you purposefully let extra turn cards out? Better than netting an extra attack step would be netting an extra turn.
Boundless Realms could also be interesting since it grants a cascade into 6- and ramps you a lot in the mid game (which is very important in your deck). Zendikar Resurgent would also work really well, granting an extra draw per creature spell and doubling up your mana, even though it doesn't thin your deck as Boundless Realms does.
Whispersilk Cloak and Trailblazer's Boots seem unnecessary. Most of the time there'll be someone with not enough defenses to stop your Yidris. And if there are, you'd be better off clearing the path instead of going through and relying on a good cascade to turn the tables. You could also try Intimidation or Shizo, Death's Storehouse since Fear often translates into unblockable (you just have to attack the right person)
Savage Ventmaw is mostly used with Aggravated Assault or Hellkite Charger for infinite (or near infinite) combat steps. Since you don't enjoy infinite combos, you could go for the Hellkite (it's also cheaper). Metalwork Colossus works pretty well with a good number of mana rocks.
If you feel like spending some money, Scroll Rack allows you to "choose" your cascades.
1 week ago
Nice deck, +1. You might want to take a look at my my build of the Kaalia deck for some inspiration. Here are just a few things that I noticed (and they assume a large budget, which obviously may not be the case; use your discretion):
(1) If you want Land Destruction, the obvious additions are--in addition to the things you mentioned-- Ajani Vengeant (which can also tap down/ burn a blocker so Kaalia can get through) and Ravages of War, which is Armageddon except ex$pen$ive. (I don't run it)
(2) Your creature suite: I could see some streamlining. The Akromas are somewhat controversial among Kaalia players. A lot of players think (and I agree) at the end of the day they're just dudes. Big dudes, but just dudes. They don't have anything going on besides large bodies; you can do better. Balefire Dragon would be a good start. It can singlehandedly wipe your opponents' boards. Steel Hellkite can do that too, esp. against tokens. Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon can steal wins, especially when equipped with a sword (more on that in a minute). I personally have some additional utility creatures in my deck like Grand Abolisher and Mother of Runes, as well as some cheaper creatures that can be easily cast if Kaalia gets removed so you're at least doing SOMETHING--Baneslayer Angel, Archfiend of Depravity, Stormbreath Dragon, etc. Some people run the former, but most everyone runs a few of the latter.
(3) Equipment: Would strongly recommend adding Stoneforge Mystic and acquiring Sword of Feast and Famine (combo with Hellkite Charger and Aggravated Assault--which you should also consider adding) and Sword of Light and Shadow (recursion, combo.) The Mystic can also fetch up something as simple as Lightning Greaves or Swiftfoot Boots.
(4) Sweepers: Descend Upon the Sinful is cool and on theme, but basically overpriced by 2 mana relative to the effect that you're really using it for--the sweeper effect. This could simply become the much more efficient Day of Judgment (or Toxic Deluge) and you wouldn't notice the missing angle token. I'm not sure you want to be exiling your creature anyway; ideally you'd be peeling fatties out of the graveyard with something like Phyrexian Reclamation (or Volrath's Stronghold, if you can fit it into your budget.) Merciless Eviction can stay because it's very flexible; I don't personally run it, though again I've considered it.
(5) Mana Base: The Karoo lands (i.e. Orzhov Basilica) are cute, but the Shadowmoor/ Eventide filter lands (i.e. Rugged Prairie) are simply better. If you want an essentially no-strings "Sol" land, try Ancient Tomb. I'd also see about throwing in some more fetches; the KTK fetches can still be had relatively cheap. Also, Darksteel Ingot doesn't fit the game plan all that well--ideally you want 4 mana on turn 3, which the Ingot doesn't accomplish. Mind Stone or Talisman of Indulgence are your next best bets. Also look at Expedition Map because it can both fix your mana and tutor for a utility land like Hall of the Bandit Lord.
(6) The rest of the following recommendations are upgrades/things that would supplement what you're already doing and make the deck better overall. Dark Petition has a cool effect, but it still costs 5 mana. Pick up a Vampiric Tutor if you can. Break Through the Ranks could be Sneak Attack. Etc.
Feel free to inquire if you have any more questions.
1 week ago
Hellkite Charger + Bear Umbra is infinite combat steps. Savage Ventmaw + Aggravated Assault is another infinite combat steps which adds infinite green/red mana. So if you don't kill them infinitely you can Cascade infinitely. If you attach Bear Umbra to Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder you can get Mana to cast your cascading spells afterward.