Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it deals damage equal to its power to target creature, player or planeswalker.
|Have (5)||Mortiferus_Rosa , sonnet666 , metalmagic , Thunderbeard , PTsmitty|
|Want (6)||brownwaterboys , KimmyBoy , Cashfirex , spaceyjdjames , Cold_Hazzard , Oliviridian|
Printings View all
|Commander 2019 (C19)||Rare|
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Rare|
|Planechase Anthology (PCA)||None|
|Commander 2015 (C15)||Rare|
|Commander 2013 (C13)||Rare|
|Planechase 2012 Edition (PC2)||Rare|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Warstorm Surge occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.04%
RG (Gruul): 1.18%
Warstorm Surge Discussion
6 days ago
Of course I'm biased for bolt bemd as it is way too much utility to pass up.
Might want to consider Soul's Fire > Thud depending on how much mana you can make during your turns. Thud is sorcerry speed and additional cost to cast is sac. At least fling is an instant which is much better IMO. Soul's fire goes one step beyond.
6 days ago
Gidgetimer, wow, that is insane! As much as I dislike WotC's decision to not put constellation on enchantment creatures in Theros: Beyond Death, I can understand them making that decision.
This is also likely the reason for which they have not yet printed a creature version of Warstorm Surge , despite it being the exact reason for which I wish that they would do so.
1 week ago
Yeah, thanks for the upvote :)
I've had a lot of fun with the deck so far. I haven't managed to get much out of the Wild Pair package. Since there are no actual tutors in the deck for getting out enchantments that's been a bit difficult.
I'm actually considering Gamble and Long-Term Plans as 'soft' tutors purely for the Wild Pair and once I've got that for cards such as Vicious Shadows and Warstorm Surge .
The deck is still pretty new, and I'm still fine-tuning it. I've now only played it four times since I've been busy with other stuff lately:
- Game 1: Won through getting value out of an early Momir Vig, Simic Visionary , keeping it safe with the counter creatures and smashing face with Forgotten Ancient and Master Biomancer making my team bigger.
- Game 2: It was a five-player game where the first one to knock the two opponents directly to the left and right of you wins: Kept board-control and ramp up with Yasova Dragonclaw and Perilous Forays . Almost died to a ridiculous Arixmethes-huge-stompy-creatures deck, but turned it around with the Reins of Power I was sitting on (such an over-performer). And later shared my victory as our shared opponent got knocked out by the other player.
- Game 3: regrettably had to spend most of my time and resources on an Orzhov player that kept recurring the Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite that rendered the rest of my cards mostly useless. Later everyone got kicked out by a combo player going off
- Game 4: Didn't win, didn't get quite the engines going that I wanted to. But the game (5-player FFA) was crazy enough as it is.
I would say that for now the deck is good enough at battlefield control (particularly creatures), but as I mentioned I want to look into options that make the Wild Pair actually work (in none of the games I drew it so far).
I've since added Warstorm Surge , because that card can do stupid things once you get something like Glen Elendra Pranksters or other bounce and some ramp or control creatures. I've added Ambush Viper to go along with that. Swapped those for Llanowar Elves (in our meta often not dependable ramp since it's too fragile) and Briarhorn , since it having flash mattered less for the creatures it could look up and Yasova can usually steal enough interesting creatures with just 4 power.
Apart from the tutors I'm considering adding Purphoros, God of the Forge , since the incremental damage can quickly add up and the +1/+0 is actually really nice for Yasova, but I only have one copy of Purph and it's a key part of my Wort, the Raidmother deck.
1 week ago
One thought I had is with our Commander Escaping so much, why not add Warstorm Surge as that would help us damage our opponent's lifepoints without even attacking
2 weeks ago
Boza, all of that makes sense.
Destiny spinner is ridiculously powerful for 2 mana, and how is she not a rare?
Even more extreme is Shadowspear; how is that card remotely balanced with such low mana costs?
Wow, Nyxbloom ancient is insane! And it is not legendary! Can you imagine having multiple copies of it on the battlefield simultaneously? If that card can be made, there is no excuse to not have creature versions of both Warstorm Surge and Exquisite Blood .
2 weeks ago
I'm running a 60-card casual spider tribal. For that deck, I'm heavily looking forward to Arasta. The finisher in my deck is definitely Ishkanah, Grafwidow , and I really think that she should be the spider commander as well. Arasta is the second enchantment creature spiders have, which makes triggering Ishkanah's delirium even easier. With her at the helm, you have access to the more powerful spiders, and you can even include Spider Spawning .
In this hypothetical list, Arasta could be a pseudo-stax-piece in that she makes removal spells a 1 for 0 for you opponent.
If you want to be a little fancier, you could instead play Thantis, the Warweaver as your commander and combine Arachnogenesis , more Fog spells, a Seasons Past recursion package and cards like Warstorm Surge and Impact Tremors for one hell of a spider deck. This way, Arasta's ability matters more in that your opponents have to consider if their next spell is woth the damage.
That actually sounds pretty cool...I gotta remember this for the future.
3 weeks ago
- Cast Bladewing with Changeling Berserker in the graveyard or cast Changeling Berserker with Bladewing in play.
- Put the Warstorm Surge/Dragon Tempest on the stack targeting Changeling Berserker.
- Put the Berserker's champion ability on the stack.
- Resolve the champion ability removing Bladewing from the game.
- Resolve the Surge/Tempest ability killing the Berserker and returning Bladewing to play.
3 weeks ago
Gidgetimer, I am not saying that they must, I am simply saying that it would be nice, akin to how I dearly wish that WotC would print a creature version of Warstorm Surge , because of how awesome a combo such a card would be with Rite of Replication .