|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
- If I enchant an artifact land (i.e. darksteel citadel) with ensoul artifact could I copy the creature it creates with fated infatuation?
- When does it die?
- Earthcraft + Shrieking Drake = infinite?
- Can you return Savage Knuckleblade to hand before it is damaged by a blocking creature?
- What is mana cost X when I have cards that reduce colourless costs by an amount?
Basic Land — Island
: Add to your mana pool.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
1 day ago
My meta is usually VERY Control-focused, but it's been all over the map this season.
Some thoughts ...
- I personally like Dispel and Negate for Control, but another Bristling Hydra and a couple Chandra, Torch of Defiance would almost certainly work well too.
- I generally hate Evolving Wilds, because it's just soooooo slow. If the deck needed more fixing I'd run a couple Spirebluff Canal or maybe Wandering Fumarole (just as slow as Wilds, but extremely good in a long game). But the mana-fixing on this deck is surprisingly good. Between Aether Hub and Servant of the Conduit, I almost don't even have to run an Island. With Attune with Aether, it's no worries at all.
- All that said, Evolving Wilds certainly has a place in a deck with Tireless Tracker. Unfortunately, Tracker doesn't really play well with Electrostatic Pummeler. Pummeler needs as few Lands as possible (to make room for pump spells) and really wants Energy synergy. Tracker is the exact opposite and has no Energy synergy.
TL;DR: Yours were all very worthy thoughts, but not for this deck. I'd love your inputs though on this one: Bad Beats (KLD Energy)!
2 days ago
Flagellum, thanks for continuing the discussion here and answering questions while I was away.
The consensus seems to be to cut Mycosynth Lattice for more tutors. I agree with this; Lattice is great with Breya, but is ultimately expendable.
I'm cutting Lattice, Master Transmuter and Reshape for more unconditional tutors, Demonic Tutor, Gamble and Insidious Dreams. I prefer to include more unconditional tutors because they can all get Arcum Dagsson, artifact specific tutors can't. Transmuter is great, but her price is starting to increase. Pretty soon I will have to choose between using her or Dagsson and in my opinion Dagsson is better.
This change gives this deck a lot of more versatile tutor options:
- Demonic Tutor
- Diabolic Intent
- Insidious Dreams
- Arcum Dagsson
- Kuldotha Forgemaster
- Tezzeret the Seeker
Vinman, this deck is not based on The Last Metal Bender. Both decks were created about the same time, one month ago. This deck started as Breya's Thoptershop with more of a Thopter theme and has evolved into now focusing on combo with Breya. From the beginning I wanted to make the best viable budget Breya deck starting with a $100 budget and then increasing to $200 because $100 is not good enough. I applaud The Last Metal Bender's creator, but $2200+ for a Commander deck is crazy. If you're looking for a budget version of The Last Metal Bender this deck is not that, but it's a fine budget Breya combo deck.
3 days ago
Since this is a control deck, you can afford to be a little slow so 4 of each is not necessary. I would recommend this for your mana base:
5 days ago
ok my deck includes 3 Stonybrook Banneret 2 Merfolk Sovereign 4 Merrow Reejerey 2 Dismember 3 Tidebinder Mage 1 Phantasmal Image 2 Vapor Snag 4 Master of the Pearl Trident 4 Silvergill Adept 2 Unsubstantiate 3 Lord of Atlantis 1 Mana Leak 4 Spreading Seas 4 Harbinger of the Tides 21 Islands
5 days ago
Nice deck, though I doubt most of us could afford all of these cards, can you recommend any budget alternatives for the Islands while staying competitive?
6 days ago
What do you think of the land distribution? It's light on Blue spells, but heavy on blue mana because I can't be in the position to not have Stitcher's Apprentice on the field killing humans and kicking off the combo. Should those two Island be 2 Swamp instead?
Also, the Captains seem unnecessary, especially Drogskol Captain. In playtesting, spirits are the token I see the fewest of. They really need Requiem Angel late game to start increasing their population.
All tips are welcome. Is there an easier way to kick off any of these moves? An enchantment I'm forgetting maybe?
1 week ago
I really think you need to improve your mana-base for a deck like this to work consistently; you're trying to cast a bunch of 1-mana spells all in a single turn, which is going to require some very specific colour combinations that 10 Islands/10 Mountains is just not going to be able to reliably produce. Unfortunately, is not a combination that's very conducive to building on a budget; Shivan Reef would be good and I'd even recommend Temple of Epiphany - coming into play tapped will slow you down but it's better than having unreliable mana.
1 week ago
You obviously never playtested the deck, nor really even looked at the deck list. With 4x Aether Hub and 4x Servant of the Conduit, the deck has 8 Blue sources. With an Island on the sideboard and 4x Attune with Aether, it's got 13. That's not enough for , but it's more than enough for a single . Thanks though anyway.