|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Combos Browse all
- If I enchant an artifact land (i.e. darksteel citadel) with ensoul artifact could I copy the creature it creates with fated infatuation?
- When does it die?
- Earthcraft + Shrieking Drake = infinite?
- Can you return Savage Knuckleblade to hand before it is damaged by a blocking creature?
- What is mana cost X when I have cards that reduce colourless costs by an amount?
Basic Land — Island
(: Add to your mana pool.)
Price & Acquistion
|Have (46)||raymaverick97 , mtgmanatee , rkarhade97 , NOGzFTW , maR2307 , NorthernCrow , Blind_Guardian , BBBr0ny , xXThormentXx , Fiolek , plof , Friedrice24 , MonoRedBomb.Com , frederiklw , Atroxreaper , acbooster , TrackerD , Mousemke , rhinoloupe , tlhunter07 , mcstang1986 , warcry02 , FireRogue , LTmiller , Candyman949 , clayperce , DarkMagician , kpral , CastleSiege , Fullmetalmage , Benniator , gamerhat , HR19 , DimSpirit , dplerner , TheRealPeaches , marsthesoos , tahavin , pskinn01 , AaronKeeling , ZombieSam , Sprx101 , Bulldawg1310 , Yawkcorb , , SirCorey|
|Want (8)||Turtlelover73 , kelloiz , Jose_Arrogantio , theelk801 , Noles55 , Big-Foot , Galdelonian , rockleemyhero|
6 hours ago
Lightning Strike would probably be better main deck than Abrade. Surprised you aren't running Riddleform in the main deck, as well as your Glorybringer. I would drop the Hour of Devastation and a single Island to put in 4 Riddleform and both Glorybringer.
17 hours ago
3 days ago
Thanks for your advice Austin_Smith_of_Cards, I'm going to try out these changes:
Skeletal Vampire looks fun and cheap, I might spring for one.
I thought the same thing when I pulled Portent out of my jank box, had never seen this card before, but it seems like a pretty solid stand-in for Ponder. I've found a couple more (total of 3), but not sure what else to cut if anything.
4 days ago
Also wondering if Plea for Power might be cool to test.
I do think tightening the land-base some would be helpful, as suggested. Perhaps go own to 1 Island, cut the artifact lands for more Mountain and Swamp cards, and cut some UB and UR lands for more Mountain and Swamp cards or BR lands that don't come into play tapped. The issue isn't lands' ability to be fetched (or any individual land's ability to tap for this color or that) so much as it is having a deck that predictably provides you with the mana to cast the spells you are most likely to draw by color.
5 days ago
Very novel approach to Zur - I dig it a lot.
Lots of quality feedback above, so I will be brief here. I agree with lower curve + more removal (or exile effects) + more tutors. Maybe War Tax for that triple-fort feel.
- Have you tested with builds that emphasize themes like wizard tribal or mill? This is a pretty unique list, so I'd encourage playing around with your themes and sub-themes to test for optimal creature builds along different lines that work with Intruder Alarm.
- A little bit of recursion, in addition to counter-magic, might help bring back combo pieces you lose to counters and removal. Phyrexian Reclamation is a cool piece that Zur can fetch. Doomed Necromancer might be fun. Liliana, Death's Majesty and Liliana, the Last Hope can both bring back creatures or give you a zombie per turn.
- You might tighten up your land-base. This is something I learned to do better here. It seems like you can make more B and U than you need, but may not always have enough access to W. Perhaps consider cutting some UB lands for UW ones and cutting some clunky multi-color tap-lands for more Plains. The color pie on the side should have its inner and outer rings closely (though maybe not perfectly) aligned. You could begin by going to 2 Island, 2 Swamp, and 4 Plains, as well, to see what happens. You might also replace deserts and other cycling taplands with Plains and then find room for Pull from Tomorrow and Sphinx's Revelation in the deck.
I hope some of that made sense and might help.
6 days ago
Llanowar Reborn doesn't seem like it does anything here. You might just want a basic instead. If you're running Cultivate and Kodama's Reach, you should have at least 1 Island, even if it's just a splash color.
Oblivion Ring is probably good enough as another Zur target. It's nice that it deals with everything.
Courser of Kruphix seems like good value.
Luminarch Ascension gives you an actual way to win the game.
Mystic Remora is pretty broken card draw in the early game.
Rule of Law stops a lot of combos that you'd otherwise have a hard time dealing with.
Also, your land count might be a little low considering how little ramp you run. You might want to jump up to 36ish.
1 week ago
As of current, the only cards printed with the Basic type to my knowledge are: Wastes, Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, Forest, Snow-Covered Plains, Snow-Covered Island, Snow-Covered Swamp, Snow-Covered Mountain, Snow-Covered Forest
1 week ago
I'll answer your questions of what to cut/how many with a sample template of a budget friendly way I would build a deck like this. Also, if you ever decide you want to get a bit more competitive, Jeskai Tempo/Control (can't get the link to work, but you can find it on mtggoldfish.com) would absolutely be the deck for you (although it's reeeaallly expensive).
3x Goblin Electromancer (I haven't playtested this any, thus I'm unsure if a playset of cost reducers are necessary)
2x Negate (Left it at two because it can't counter creatures)
4x Mana Leak
2x Izzet Charm
4x Sulfur Falls (forgot to suggest this one)