Not legal in any format
Combos Browse all
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Target creature gains double strike until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion Discussion
3 weeks ago
Hi! Since you said you aren't very familiar with old cards I'll just throw out a couple, that usually would go in a tribal/gishath deck and let you decide which way to go.
The fight mechanic is greens only creature removal, so you can keep a few, maybe consider Chaos Warp, Thrashing Brontodon Bane of Progress or any other stuff that can deal with enchantments/artifact. Also I think you need a bit more lands. Most of the deck run between 32-40, I put 36 in mine, but I run around 8-10 ramps and like 5+ draw in every deck I have. For 30 lands i think people run a very different deck than yours and possibly play broken stuff like Mana Crypt. If you really want to keep the enrage theme then the best way to do it is with Caltrops or Pyrohemia, as they provide constant effect, compared to say Rile's one-time use.
These are the cards I could come up with for now, hope they will be of some use to you. Happy deckbuilding! :)
1 month ago
Warrior Creatures to Consider:
Devoted Crop-Mate like a weird Alesha
Hidden Dragonslayer decent removal
Ironclad Slayer if you are playing a lot of equipments
Malakir Cullblade gets bigger
Champion of the Flame if you go super heavy on the equipment
Garna, the Bloodflame save the creatures from a boardwipe? Not sure how it will do in action
Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs pillowfort and some bodies
Taurean Mauler -technically a warrior
Burnished Hart ramp and can be brought back by Alesha
Gisela, Blade of Goldnight -got reprinted in Master 25 so its cheaper and will get reprinted again in Commander anthology II but that one will be foil so not sure if that will affect price
Grenzo, Havoc Raiser goad is amazing and his second ability is nice if you have mana to spend
Equipment to Consider:
Sunforger one of the best equipments in these colors, fetch your removal
Kusari-Gama mini boardwipe if they block
Artifacts to Consider:
- Gilded Lotus just got reprinted so its cheaper now
- Fellwar Stone our play group usually has your colors
- Oketra's Monument cast a warrior, get a warrior
- Throne of the God-Pharaoh
- Mardu Ascendancy
- Dictate of the Twin Gods you have both gods in deck, so why not?
- Berserkers' Onslaught
- Gift of Immortality
- Behind the Scenes since some of your creatures have low-ish power, although might such with all the anthem effects you have
- Pain Magnification just a fun card
- Kindred Boon
- Chandra's Ignition -really great boardwipe for this deck, if zurgo has lifelink you will get that life and also anything that dies will give him counters. You could have zurgo, cast this, and then more than likely one shot a player
- Read the Bones
- Open the Armory
- Disrupt Decorum tapped out won't link this for some reason
Instants: (sticking with four or less Cmc for sunforger shenanigans)
- Rogue's Passage
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
- Unclaimed Territory
- Path of Ancestry kinda pricey now tho
Mardu is great for control, so its best to have plenty of removal spells. I would not have Spinerock Knoll since it might be too slow. Windbrisk Heights might be better than Spinerock tho. Like what if you need to play that spell but can't get 7 damage off. Also, Graveblade Marauder seems too situational to leave an impact. When you start adding/removal stuff to the deck, make sure to keep it low cmc as you can since you don't have much in terms of ramp in these colors; be sure to keep as mana rocks as you can for the same reason.
1 month ago
It sounds like your looking for ramp; Desperate Ritual, Pyretic Ritual, Infernal Plunge and Simian Spirit Guide could all help you play faster, though you wouldn't use them all in a single deck. Soldier of the Pantheon, Monastery Swiftspear and Bomat Courier are probably better options than Furnace Scamp, Gibbering Fiend and Priest of Iroas. You also might want to consider Boros Charm and Dawn Charm.
Even with additional ramp Rage Reflection and True Conviction are expensive, I might be tempted to use Phalanx Formation, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion Assault Strobe or Double Cleave. Then again Boros Charm is possibly the best option, since it has other modes.
I hope this is of help, have fun brewing your deck
2 months ago
My recommendations are probably not the best, but i tried to suggest cards which are cheap, because it looks like, you try not to waste.
I'd suggest a little bit more variety on the land base. Opal Palace, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion or Flamekin Village should be pretty decent in Zurgo - even if the village does not do much for zurgo himself. Have you ever had issues with the mana base?
Rhet-Crop Spearmaster < Porcelain Legionnaire - some cards like the spearmaster seem like a filler card to me.Pyreheart Wolf does not seem too strong but he is in my opinion a very underated card in aggressive decks.
4 months ago
4 months ago
Wurmcoil is always a nice include, and i agree on Kessig replacing the Sanitarium, as you don't profit much off looting, whereas many other decks (U/B or Grixis or others) profit much, much more.
Bow of Nylea strikes me as pretty useless, as your fatties will probably kill oposing enemies anyways and the 4 abilities are all quite useless. I would rather invest in a haste enchantment such as Hammer of Purphoros or Fires of Yavimaya, since you can throw a ton of creatures in the field in 1 turn, and its nice if they can swing right off the bat.
In the lands department, i would consider Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, as zacama with double strike is pretty nasty, and if you add in Slayers' Stronghold and if you activate both is a one shot kill :)
4 months ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
5 months ago
Well this is interesting!
Consider running more value lands for your Ulvenwald Hydra, like Geier Reach Sanitarium, Strip Mine, Arcane Lighthouse, Kor Haven, Treetop Village, Forbidding Watchtower, Raging Ravine, Stirring Wildwood, Needle Spires, Haunted Fengraf, Kessig Wolf Run, Kher Keep, Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree, Kjeldoran Outpost, Mishra's Factory, some snow basics and Mouth of Ronom, Nantuko Monastery, Slayers' Stronghold, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, and Throne of the High City...yes I did look at all the options. The manlands and token makers are probably the best.