Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
: Gain .
, : Target creature gains double strike until end of turn.
|Want (3)||Simekit , vikingofmars , Rabu|
Printings View all
|Guilds of Ravnica: Guild Kit (GK1)||Uncommon|
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.06%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%
RW (Boros): 2.98%
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion Discussion
2 months ago
Hey all! I'm building Amulet Titan, and here are the cards I need:
Amulet of Vigor
4x Ancient Stirrings
3x Azusa, Lost but Seeking
2x Castle Garenbrig
1x Cavern of Souls
1x Field of the Dead
2x Gemstone Mine
1x Hornet Queen
2x Obstinate Baloth
4x Once Upon a Time
4x Sakura-Tribe Scout
1x Slayers' Stronghold
3x Summoner's Pact
1x Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
3x Tolaria West
3x Veil of Summer
I've a number of decently playable cards listed in my binder, so if you have any of the above cards, hit me up! I will look through your wants lists as well to see if I have anything unlisted to offer.
3 months ago
You might like these: Burning Earth , Gratuitous Violence , Berserkers' Onslaught , Selfless Squire , Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion , Needle Spires , Insult , Stonehewer Giant , Knollspine Dragon , Spellshock , Angel's Trumpet , Lightmine Field , Molten Psyche , Balefire Dragon , Repercussion
3 months ago
6 months ago
Hi again mate,
thank you for the suggestion. As far as utility lands go I already have a ton of utility lands that tap only for colorless ( Phyrexian Tower , High Market , Rogue's Passage , Vault of the Archangel , among others) or don't tap for mana at all like Maze of Ith and Glacial Chasm . This puts an enormous strain on the manabase and the deck cannot handle more lands like this without start affecting the ability to cast my spells on time. I won't deny that Hall of Heliod's Generosity is an excellent card that would add recursion capacity to deck but atm I am even cutting Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion for the very same reason.
9 months ago
> weird mashup of ramp into semi-big threats with suboptimal control elements.
That's actually a great definition of what Ponza is all about! I usually describe the deck more like "aggressive ramp into bulk rares that you would never expect could be good in Modern, with an overlay of annoying mana-denial Control", but yours will certainly do. The thing is, it works surprisingly well in many metas.
> besides fetchlands, what activated or triggered abilities are you hoping to stop with Repudiate / Replicate
I actually laid that out in the deck description, but in case you missed it here it is again:
- Opponent transforms a Thing in the Ice? Repudiate the triggered ability and our team stays on the field.
- Opponent wants to make us sac' a creature with Lili, put a Terminus on top with Jace, or ultimate whatever random Planeswalker they have? Repudiate the activated ability and we've totally turned the game around.
- Opponent tries to Modular a ton of +1/+1 counters onto their attacking Inkmoth Nexus, wipe our board with an Oblivion Stone, Equip a Batterskull, Crew a Smuggler's Copter, etc, etc, etc? Repudiate gives us answers (or at least options) we never had in 'normal' Ponza.
Here are more details though, looking at the top meta decks in turn ...
- UR Phoenix: Often game-changing vs. trigger of Awoken Horror . Often good vs. triggers of Snapcaster Mage and Arclight Phoenix .
- Dredge: Often game-changing vs. trigger of Bloodghast and Narcomoeba (if opp has multiple Prized Amalgam in the graveyard) or Prized Amalgam (if there's only one). Often good vs. triggers of Creeping Chill and Stinkweed Imp , and activated ability of Shriekhorn .
- Tron: Often game-changing vs. -X of Ugin, the Spirit Dragon or activated ability of Oblivion Stone . Often good vs. triggers of Wurmcoil Engine , Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger , activated ability of Walking Ballista , Expedition Map , and Relic of Progenitus , and -3 of Karn Liberated .
- Humans: Often game-changing vs. trigger of Kitesail Freebooter , Meddling Mage , Phantasmal Image , and Reflector Mage , and activated ability of Aether Vial . Often good vs. triggers of Champion of the Parish , Noble Hierarch , and Thalia's Lieutenant (plus Anafenza, the Foremost , Deputy of Detention , Kambal, Consul of Allocation , and Sin Collector , if they have them).
- UW Control: Often game-changing vs. actived ability of Celestial Colonnade . Often good vs. +1 (since they're tapped out the next turn) and -3 of Teferi, Hero of Dominaria , and 0 of Jace, the Mind Sculptor (if we think they have a Terminus ).
- Burn: Often good vs. trigger of Monastery Swiftspear and Eidolon of the Great Revel , and activated ability of Grim Lavamancer .
- Hardened Affinity: Often game-changing vs. Modular of Arcbound Ravager and trigger of Hangarback Walker , and activated ability of Inkmoth Nexus . Often good vs. triggered ability of Arcbound Worker , and activated ability of Walking Ballista , Steel Overseer , Welding Jar , Animation Module , Throne of Geth , and Blinkmoth Nexus .
- Grixis Shadow: Meh. Perhaps good vs. trigger of Snapcaster Mage or activated ability of Mishra's Bauble .
- Amulet Titan: Often game-changing vs. trigger of Primeval Titan . Often good vs. trigger of Amulet of Vigor , Trinket Mage and Bojuka Bog , and activated ability of Walking Ballista , Engineered Explosives , Gemstone Mine , Ghost Quarter , Slayers' Stronghold , and Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion .
- RG Rock: Often game-changing vs. +1 and -2 of Liliana of the Veil , +1 and -2 of Liliana, the Last Hope . Often good vs. triggered and activated abilities of Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet , triggered abilites of Tireless Tracker , and activated ability of Scavenging Ooze , Hissing Quagmire , and Treetop Village .
- Whir Prison: Meh. Perhaps good vs. trigger of Bottled Cloister and activated ability of Engineered Explosives , Mishra's Bauble , Tormod's Crypt , Welding Jar , and Inventors' Fair .
- Old-school Affinity: Often game-changing vs. Modular of Arcbound Ravager , Equip of Cranial Plating , and activated ability of Inkmoth Nexus . Often good vs. trigger of Signal Pest and activated ability of Welding Jar and Blinkmoth Nexus .
- Ad Nauseum: Meh. Perhaps good vs. activated ability of Simian Spirit Guide .
- Spirits: Often game-changing vs. trigger of Phantasmal Image , Reflector Mage , and Spell Queller , and activated ability of Mausoleum Wanderer and Aether Vial . Often good vs. trigger of Mausoleum Wanderer , Noble Hierarch , Rattlechains , Geist of Saint Traft , and Deputy of Detention , and activated ability of Selfless Spirit .
All that said, it's clear that in many cases a 2-mana counterspell (e.g., Negate or Mana Leak ) is better than a 2-mana stifle effect ... certainly UW Control has found that to be the case! What's not clear to me yet is if that's the case in UG Control as well ...
10 months ago
Re:Leverd01 Thanks, I have been considering Archetype of Courage , but its effect is almost redundant with my commander (the only most-likely card on the board when Archetype is played) and First Strike doesn't go very far when you consider there are only going to be a couple of creatures out at a time, as many of them are easy to pick off. It doesn't go as wide as you think it should, but it could if you draw well and your opponents leave you unchecked. The strategy is to cheat out Sewer Nemesis or Nighthowler for the kill (especially if you can trigger Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion in the same attack), which should be an easy kill if Impact Tremors , Gray Merchant of Asphodel , and Kambal, Consul of Allocation have been chipping away at your opponent(s), not to mention any damage going through from Alesha and various other attackers you've brought back along the way. Cathars' Crusade and Flame-Kin Zealot help you to go wide, but First Strike doesn't help go for the throat the same way that even Menace or Deathtouch do. He's a great thought... but what ought go out to replace him?
11 months ago
I think more ramp would be good. The important thing about Ghalta is getting him down early, even if that means flipping one or two good dinosaurs per turn, rather than two or three mediocre ones. You'd be much happier keeping an opening hand with three pieces of ramp and a dino than the inverse.
I would look at bells and whistles like Kindred Boon and Onward / Victory the same way. in the case of O/V, having it stuck in your hand, rather than a ramp spell or another draw spell could delay getting Ghalta on the field by one, or even two turns, losing you that damage.
True Conviction is great. If you feel that you need another double strike effect, Duelist's Heritage is strictly better, since it's cheaper and you can politick your opponents into attacking each other by pumping their creatures. I'm also questioning Growing Rites of Itlimoc Flip in this deck. I love the card, but I run it in my Druid deck, which expects to flip it within a turn of it hitting the battlefield. A more reliable ramp piece like Hour of Promise might consistently perform better, and it will allow you to lean into Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion and Ancient Tomb more.
11 months ago
triproberts12 Hi man, really appreciate the help as this is the first comment I've had on tapped out after using it for a couple of days! The point you make about Nature's Lore being in over Selesnya Signet I think is probably correct so when I acquire one I'll swap that in. I'm already running Farseek so I guess the decision would be weather to cut Bellowing Aegisaur or Onward / Victory for Sakura-Tribe Elder . Do you not think I have enough ramp (this may be the case)? Bellowing Aegisaur combos well with Forerunner of the Empire + Polyraptor and I think that Onward / Victory seemed very good at getting almost two double strike triggers for Gishath, Sun's Avatar . Perhaps I don't need this though as I have may enough effects like True Conviction , Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion , Boros Charm (if needed) and Goring Ceratops . Perhaps Blood Mist is better than Onward / Victory anyway.