|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica: City of Guilds (RAV)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion
: Add to your mana pool.
, : Target creature gains double strike until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion Discussion
3 days ago
6 days ago
Wurmcoil is always a nice include, and i agree on Kessig replacing the Sanitarium, as you don't profit much off looting, whereas many other decks (U/B or Grixis or others) profit much, much more.
Bow of Nylea strikes me as pretty useless, as your fatties will probably kill oposing enemies anyways and the 4 abilities are all quite useless. I would rather invest in a haste enchantment such as Hammer of Purphoros or Fires of Yavimaya, since you can throw a ton of creatures in the field in 1 turn, and its nice if they can swing right off the bat.
In the lands department, i would consider Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, as zacama with double strike is pretty nasty, and if you add in Slayers' Stronghold and if you activate both is a one shot kill :)
2 weeks ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!
1 month ago
Well this is interesting!
Consider running more value lands for your Ulvenwald Hydra, like Geier Reach Sanitarium, Strip Mine, Arcane Lighthouse, Kor Haven, Treetop Village, Forbidding Watchtower, Raging Ravine, Stirring Wildwood, Needle Spires, Haunted Fengraf, Kessig Wolf Run, Kher Keep, Vitu-Ghazi, the City-Tree, Kjeldoran Outpost, Mishra's Factory, some snow basics and Mouth of Ronom, Nantuko Monastery, Slayers' Stronghold, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, and Throne of the High City...yes I did look at all the options. The manlands and token makers are probably the best.
1 month ago
i'll do more thinkin after class
2 months ago
Whip of Erebos i feel like its a good card here.
Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion very powerful land.
Replenish might have some value sense your enchantments are powerful.
Land Tax mana ramp
Ajani, Caller of the Pride most +1/+1 plus target for slowing down players attacks.
Assemble the Legion good for chump blocks as well as target overload.
Cathars' Crusade all the +1/+1! works amazing with assemble if you have it.
True Conviction i dont feel i need to explain this one lol
2 months ago
thank you for your message, really appreciate the offer
this is my current deck, as see the maybe list and the descripton, i have had some help and have been working hard on trying to make this a better deck
i have only been playing 8 or so months, still very new
discord sounds nice but i an a little people shy haha
if you could take a peek at my deck and see what's what and what you think might make this better
My LGS is sorta Competitive-Casual with Competitive decks. It's weird but basically we play commander to chill out and have fun, I have recently joined in at my LGS in the last few months but they run really tough decks as they have been playing for years, one guy I met has been playing since Ice Age, though it's pretty chill environment. Not sure percentage.
I have seen people running Jora of the Ghitu (suspend, eldrazi, mishna's workshop in this deck it's roughly worht $3,000), The Ur-Dragon, Progenitus, Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord etc.
People generally play chaos, tokens, mill, one guys runs an equipment deck with a 3 cost (two white, 1 colourless) cat not sure the name
I do get flattened constantly in multiplayer and on the rare occasion win 1v1
on the advice on someone i threw in, in place of what I removed (crown, scepter, throne of empires , coat of arms, rogue's passageway), Launch the Fleet, Decree of Justice, Boros Signet, Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion, Swords to Plowshares
according to my page my competitive vs casual is now 50/50 instead of 34compet/66cas
from my research a truly competitive aurelia solider deck is a pipe dream but i ma sure that i can make this deck a serious threat and much stronger at going toe to toe
My main issues are I find it hard to recover from board wipes, I run out of gas, great mana ramp and then I just sit there, cause I am not drawing fast enough, even with my mana draw card, my other major issue is dealing with flying, and hitting them before they hit me and win
anyway this getting really long, have a peek at my deck and description and see what you think, I have been trying really hard to make a solid deck and willing to alter whatever I need too, 2 of the cards in maybe Stormfront Riders and Cryptic Gateway allow infinite soldier spawn but not sure if that's a good idea or not, not sure on equipment tutors as this ins't a Voltron deck (I know some terms, not many but some haha)
anyway rambling again let me know
2 months ago
Very Nice! I'd love to play a Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion in here though.