Creature — Cat Soldier
You may play equip abilities any time you could play an instant.
|Want (3)||Etinifni , metergram , fischer1bp|
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Leonin Shikari occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Leonin Shikari Discussion
1 week ago
Yes, that works.
If any creatures with first strike or double strike are involved in combat then the combat phase has two damage steps instead of just one. First strike damage and the first part of double strike damage are dealt in the first damage step, and regular damage and the second part of double strike damage are dealt in the second damage step. After damage is dealt in the first step, players get a chance to make responses before the second damage step begins.
In your example, Balan, Wandering Knight deals combat damage to a player in the first damage step, so Bloodforged Battle-Axe makes a token copy of itself. Before the second damage step starts, you can either use Balan's last ability to attach the token Axe to himself or get help from Sigarda's Aid, Leonin Shikari, etc. to attach it to something else.
1 week ago
So I actually seen this combo on you tube about a strange card interaction where Balan, Wandering Knight and Bloodforged Battle-Axe where if you hit them with the first strike, you can activate balan to attach the new battle-axe before the second attack and get that effect added in. Didn't know you could do something like that. I wonder how Sigarda's Aid and double strike, or with Leonin Shikari. I guess this boils down to, can you really do stuff between first strike damage and regular damage with double strike and one of these abilities with the axe
1 month ago
Thanks, I both played this deck Ina pod tonight be learned about puresteel and Leonin Shikari I plan on adding both.
1 month ago
Keeper of Fables seems like it should be right at home in your deck.
overall, a solid deck, lots of enchantment / artifact removal, which tends to be a weak point for alot of decks.
other odd suggestions:
4 months ago
Might i recommend a few more cards...
- Sword of Fire and Ice draw in
- Umezawa's Jitte c'mon.. it's too good not to
- Land Tax gotta hit those land drops
- Inventors' Fair another tutor, or even the life gain to counter loss of life from Gwyn
- Dispatch is basically another path/swords here
- Open the Vaults , Faith's Reward , Brought Back , Teferi's Protection , Boros Charm as some good recursion/protection, brought back is great with fetch lands too
- Stonehewer Giant another tutor
- Dowsing Dagger Flip more ramp
- Buried Ruin more recursion
- Lightning Greaves / Swiftfoot Boots you have Leonin Shikari so why don't you have one of these?!
- Infiltration Lens / Mask of Memory more draw... Gwyn costs 6 so you might need some draw before then
- Recruiter of the Guard he's a soldier but finds most of your knights
- Austere Command / Tragic Arrogance / Toxic Deluge good wipes
- Necropotence / Phyrexian Arena more draw before Gwyn
- Demonic Tutor / Vampiric Tutor enough said
4 months ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
8 months ago