|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
Combos Browse all
You may cast Aura and Equipment spells as though they had flash. Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (24)||DrLitebur , voidruby , Brandbrower21 , rikertchu , Nemesis , ZombieFood , asinausk , Hootiequack , DrPopular , meowCat1234 , GoldGhost012 , Poptartz95 , BlueMageBrandon , acbooster , TheAnnihilator , Sparky41 , jhTheMan99 , abby315 , BladeMasta220 , Dredgar , Spinalripper , tlhunter07 , Dr_Jay , hwagner|
|Want (2)||xpsychovampx , Galdelonian|
Sigarda's Aid Discussion
5 days ago
This deck would be a great deck to give to a beginning player and have them get familiar with MTG.
2 weeks ago
Unfortunately, Trial of Zeal doesn't work with Sram. It's an enchantment, but not an "Aura". It is a decent way to bounce 3 damage, but as 'low-to-the-ground-creature-pressure' as you seem to be going, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better served to have Invigorated Rampage.
Even something like Sigarda's Aid would turn your cartouches into combat tricks. Instant speed Cartouche of Solidarity could put something out of shock range and/or create a token to surprise-chump-block.
3 weeks ago
A little expensive, but would be great:
- Sigarda's Aid
- Golem-Skin Gauntlets (cheap to equip and buffs a bunch)
- Sword of the Animist and Explorer's Scope (both work as ramp)
- Angel of Invention (anthem + tokens)
- Obelisk of Urd
- Windbrisk Heights
- Forsake the Worldly (given the amount of enchantment/artifact trouble we can get into)
Kemba wants low equip costs:
- Stormrider Rig
Grafted WargearAll equip for free.
Dragon Throne of Tarkir buffs your army for you.
- Sigil of Valor buffs Kemba via her army.
- Haunted Cloak
- Empyrial Plate
- Chariot of Victory
- Dust Elemental (Saves things - it can return itself and 2 other creatures)
- Goldnight Commander or Valor in Akros
- Gideon, Martial Paragon (for the ultimate) ->
- Gideon's Resolve works as a tutor and Anthem
3 weeks ago
Sigarda's Aid works nicely in this type of deck.
4 weeks ago
If you're looking for small changes, cut the Armada Wurm and doomed traveller for Nest Invader, then run Eidolon of Countless Battles in place of Acrobatic Maneuver and Favored Hoplite instead of become immense.
The issues you're facing are a little bigger than that kind of tweak I feel- the deck is working at odds with itself. You have some creatures that want creatures on the board to stall to midgame, spells dedicated to ending the game asap, voltron-type enchantments and flicker effects that destroy those enchantments. You'll probably need to drop some things to make room for the bits to join it all together, and that will take testing.
Flickering the enchantments is awesome, but felidar is pretty much the most efficient option without animating them. Most of these in blue but there are surprisingly few that just read permanent (because it gets sorta broken with Reality Acid) Venser, the Sojourner is memorable but its usually U/W/g for Momentary Blink Eerie Interlude and big, enter the battlefield creatures (stalling forThragtusk or Akroma, Angel of Fury).
The theros-theme enchantment matters cards provide some nice options for searching them and easing casting. Herald of the Pantheon in place of soul warden leaves casting them substantially easier and Starfield of Nyx provides some resilience in place of armada worm. Heliod's Pilgrim is a repeatable tutor able to be used alongside Tallowisp for a decent shot at enchant creature card advantage, with Auramancer but lacks a lot of the resilience of boggles (which you may want to look at for cards like Kor Spiritdancer, Spider Umbra etc). You won't be able to take advantage of that archetype due to being hit hard by targeted removal, but spells like Rancor with built-in protection should always be considered. Retether may be worth looking at if you see boardwipes.
Broadly speaking when making decisions about what to swap I'd look at three things- what do I want to do turns 1-2-3. Doomed traveller is difficult to utilise in the first few turns as you're not running Viscera Seer type stuff, and Soul Warden while providing nice resilience through lifegain doesn't have the turn two-three cards to back her up. Enchanting her with fists or cartouche is fantastic, but very vulnerable to disruption. I would not feel confident in a burn player not using lightning bolt given how long it takes to get everything else online, and countering your own aura with cloudshift the turn after feels so bad. However, if you have substantially more low cost cards it may be worth it- running a soul sisters package (Martyr of Sands/Soul's Attendant) will take most decks to midgame, Favored Hoplite/Herald of the Pantheon/Eidolon of Countless Battles/Gatherer of Graces/Evershrike/Hero of Iroas/Hopeful Eidolon/Sram, Senior Edificer/Sigarda's Aid Renowned Weaver/Strength from the Fallen/Wreath of Geists are all pretty effective if focussing on the go wide/cast auras plan, so long as you make sure they all work well together, and cards like Auramancer and Heliod's Pilgrim work to fix a couple of larger spells in the midgame Sage's Reverie/Spectra Ward perhaps. If you need to cement a board presence (t1 creature, enchant creating tokens) Umbra Mystic is worth a try.
Leonin Relic-Warder is an interesting sideboard option, especially alongside Oblivion Ring to loop herald, but if you find yourelf with decently sized tokens Sundering Growth is strictly better. Flickerform is only worth trying as a one-of.
1 month ago
Seeing as this style of deck has a somewhat limited game plan, I typically use Enlightened Tutor to fetch a sword with relevant protection. I do love Sigarda's Aid though, it can do serious work. Worldslayer is definitely sweet, I'm not sure I can justify it in this particular list but I love the card. Thanks Gleeock!
1 month ago
Grappling Hook and Argentum Armor are nice, but are expensive mana wise. I might need a Brass Squire in there to help out. Cards that really appeal to me are Sigarda's Aid, Aspect of Mongoose, Vanishing, Pollenbright Wings, and even though I really want it, Bear Umbra is expensive. I might have to axe blade of selves for that, though I want to keep it since Reyhan, Last of the Abzan benefits greatly and might I want to get it for a future combo. Ugghhh, that's a tough choice.
1 month ago
Looks pretty good, I have a Sram deck with fairly similar counts on voltron + lands & it tends to beat face consistently. Your's is a little different in that you utilize 2x commanders. That being said, I see a couple of reasons for KEEPING Reyhan, Last of the Abzan
- GREEN color identity, those low cost green hexproof/shroud auras are reason enough to keep Reyhan - In fact I'd think about more due to you having a self-growing commander that isn't quite so screwed by shroud: Sexy BUDGET green aura to think about - Aspect of Mongoose , Canopy Cover , and CURSES!! Bear Umbra isn't budget but it sure smacks people. Pollenbright Wings can suddenly make you swing/block wide & is ridiculous with all that double strike.
- You use so much shroud so it is nice to have a secondary equip option, unfortunately in Sram I actually had to PULL Lightning Greaves due to several games where I played it early for protection but never found myself drawing in to a new equip option; fortunately for you, you have a 2nd option readily available in Reyhan if Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker is shrouded & blocked from further equip/targeting (nifty bonus that his innate ability lets him continue to grow)
Other things I think I noticed/possible suggestions (trying to stay on budget)
- Vanishing - SERIOUSLY CAREFULLY READ THE RULINGS ON HOW PHASING WORKS!!!!!!!!! - I have seen this card attached to Zur wreaking MASSIVE havoc, it is by far more damaging than both indestructible & hexproof combined (as long as you have 2 blue mana open (the only downside for you is if you phase out (Ishai - I don't think his ability makes him grow... but still very strong) Seems mostly superior to Mistmeadow Witch
- Sigarda's Aid maybe?
- Trepanation Blade can surprise people
- Sword of the Animist a little $$ right now for some reason :(
- Grappling Hook I know the cmc is steep but I have surprised quite a few people by using that secondary ability
- Argentum Armor maybe a bit steep $$ or cmcwise
- I would think about taking out Blade of Selves although it is cool I THINK duplicating your legendary creatures would be a dead effect seeing as how those legendary duplicates would be instantly erased (maybe you have it for some deathtrigger combo with Reyhan?)
- Banshee's Blade or because
Really neat deck, I'm a little jealous of some of the color combos & other stuff you utilize that Sram cannot. Curious as to how it would square off against Sram voltron.. probably a 50/50 FAST game type of situation. Also, would depend heavily on the types of mana base both decks were drawing in to.