|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eldritch Moon (EMN)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
You may cast Aura and Equipment spells as though they had flash. Whenever an Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach it to target creature you control.
|Have (8)||, metalmagic , TheRealSpecialK , goodair , saj0219 , Bluboltar , Mortiferus_Rosa , Vasbear1|
|Want (4)||JohanDaFaff , theamazingrando , Wolvenbane , Pnyapa|
Sigarda's Aid Discussion
2 weeks ago
I've made a number of recent updates here.
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator - I've got a few other ways to recur enchantments, and she's just way to slow. I've never had her survive until my next turn to actually use her.
- Fountain Watch - I prefer Sterling Grove since I can sac it if I need to stick some auras on an enchantment creature.
- Ashes of the Abhorrent - not really relevant in my meta.
- Vanishing - I absolutely love this card and may end up putting it back in. But flickering ward has been doing way more work for me, and there's been a number of times where leaving up is a pain.
- Paradoxical Outcome - with so many draw engines already the card draw was irrelevant, and I've never actually been in a situation where I was able to use it to save some permanents. Also I have ways to get them back from the graveyard.
- Wilderness Reclamation - I added it when Sigarda's Aid was still in there, but I don't think either really add anything.
- Authority of the Consuls - I've found it to be very minimal benefit
- Dawn's Reflection - While a great EDH ramp card, I already have the exact same function in Market Festival , and it felt like I have enough ramp without it.
- Soul Snare - I kinda liked the idea of the threat on the battlefield for a similar effect to Ghostly Prison , but I think it's just too weak of a card.
- Yavimaya Enchantress - I cut this long ago and I'm not entirely sure why... but she's back in now.
- Enchanted Evening - Haven't had a chance to cast it yet, but I can see this doing some outrageous things here. Makes any permanent, including lands: trigger card draw from enchantresses, buf Yavimaya Enchantress / Ancestral Mask / Tuvasa the Sunlit . It also makes everything protected by Privileged Position .
- Mystic Remora - not gonna lie, I mainly added it because I love the art. But I think it can be a pretty powerful card here depending on the matchup. And the cumulative upkeep is essentially free in EDH.
- Privileged Position - I had this in here already at one point but cut it because of the high CMC. But I think I've got enough ramp at this point to make it well worth having.
- Blind Obedience - Not sure if this is a keeper yet, but there is a Breya combo deck in my local meta.
- Mirari's Wake - Ramp! This card is insane, not sure why I didn't have it in here from the start.
- Omniscience - Not sure if it's a keeper because of the super high CMC, but it does seem like pretty much a game ender as long as there's a card draw engine on the battlefield.
- Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest - I just couldn't help myself, I want infinite squirrels! Earthcraft is also relevant on it's own with all the land enchantments. I may end up cutting Squirrel Nest , as I'm not sure I like infinite combos in EDH, but that's not happening until I have a chance to use!
4 weeks ago
1 month ago
Hey, nice deck. Wow that's a lot of artifacts. I don't think you need to play so much lackluster equipment. You don't want to run less than 15 equipment, but the problem is there isn't 15 equipment that's worth playing that's in your budget range. Helm (combo win), Sunforger (card advantage), Jitte (creature removal, pump and life), Animist (land ramp), Blackblade (secondary win condition with Aurelia), Skullclamp (draw), Mask (draw) and Boots (protection) is all you really need. Each of these have a unique purpose that can help your strategy; the other equipment while fine doesn't in my opinion add enough.
Consider Sigarda's Aid ? It's one the best cards with equipment. Consider Knight of the White Orchid , Gift of Estates , Expedition Map and Boreas Charger ? These cards can search for Mistveil or other Plains/Foundry/Land. Knight or Charger can put the land onto the battlefield and both hold equipment well. Charger has one toughness which is good with Skullclamp.
Consider Assemble the Legion , Luminarch Ascension and Smothering Tithe ? Are all very good cards for multiplayer Commander because they give you repeatable value. Assemble and Ascension are sources of tokens and 4/4 Angels hold equipment well. Assemble is great with Skullclamp. Smothering can be repeatable ramp and treasures are artifacts, this helps to activate metalcraft for Puresteel and Archangel.
Consider Mother of Runes , Grand Abolisher and Aven Mindcensor ? Mother helps with protection. Abolisher is kind of expensive price, but is worth it to protect the creature you equip on your turn as well as protect cards you cast from counterspells, etc. Mindcensor makes your opponents tutors less effective including Fetch lands. Boros as colors have less tutors that most other colors therefore taking this advantage away from your opponents who have a lot of tutors gives you a big advantage. Mindcensor has flying, can hold equipment well.
Good luck with your deck.
1 month ago
Hi! I really like your deck. What about Stoneforge Mystic and Enlightened Tutor ? Sigarda's Aid is also useful in any Voltron deck. It's vital to keep Ojutai untapped so take a look at Accorder's Shield and Cathar's Shield . Bladed Bracers must be used with Angelic Destiny . Invocation of Saint Traft is among my favorite cards in Azorius colors. Good luck in brewing!
1 month ago
Hey, you're welcome.
In my last comment I suggested 27 cards to add. Of those 27 these are the in my opinion the 10 to consider adding first:
- Lands: Command Tower , Battlefield Forge and Mistveil Plains
- Sol Ring : expensive price card to consider, but is the most played card in Commander because it's amazing ramp for one mana.
- Godo, Bandit Warlord : search for Host or Sunforger and put it onto the battlefield. As long as Gogo is equipped with Host before your combat step it will create an infinite loop of attack steps of creating Godo tokens attacking with them, a game winning combo. This works because Gogo is a legendary creature thus all tokens that are created by Host have haste. For Host to make a copy of the equipped creature you don't have to attack with that creature it happens at beginning of combat.
- Sigarda's Aid : cast equipment at instant speed and when the equipment ETB attach it to a creature you control, both these effects are very powerful.
- Open the Armory : search for Host or Sunforger and put it into your hand.
- Smothering Tithe : expensive price card to consider, but some the best repeatable ramp for white in Commander.
- Swords to Plowshares : exile a creature is very good in Commander.
- Chaos Warp : versatile removal spell since it can target any permanent even your own.
- Knight of the White Orchid : search for Mistveil and put it onto the battlefield.
Here's the 27 cards to consider cutting:
- 2x Mountain
- 1x Plains
- Boros Guildgate
- Vivid Crag
For lands I would cut these that ETB tapped and a few basics.
- Call To Serve
- Candlelight Vigil
- Divine Favor
- Ethereal Armor
- Knightly Valor
- Lightning Talons
- Mirror March
- Vigil for the Lost
Consider cutting these auras? Ethereal Armor is one of the best auras for voltron, but to use it effectively you want to play a lot of enchantments to take advantage of it. Because of Host and Sunforger equipment in my opinion is much better for voltron with Aureila then auras.
The problem with auras is they don't stick around like equipment does. If the creature who's enchanted dies so does the aura. If the creature who's equipped dies then the equipment doesn't die it just becomes unattached from the creature staying on the battlefield. There's much more support for equipment in Boros colors than auras.
- Assault Strobe
- Cleaver Riot
- Cosmotronic Wave
- Fury Charm
- Gleam of Resistance
- Hold the Line
- Show of Valor
- Sure Strike
- Hammer Dropper
- Tenement Crasher
- War-Spike Changeling
- Guardian of the Gateless
- Razia, Boros Archangel
I'm not expecting you to make all these cuts right away, but this is a list of the cards for reference. You can essentially cut any of these cards to add any of the cards I've suggested.
Sunforger is a good/fun card, but there's a catch. You have to control a creature and each time you use Sunforger it has to first be attached to a creature. This means that it's five mana to continually use, to equip to a creature and to use it's ability. Don't misunderstand me this is still good as a repeatable tutor for a instant and cast it for free at instant speed, but it can be better. If you can cut the cost or reduce it some having to equip Sunforger each time then it's better.
Other budget support for Sunforger to consider:
- Brass Squire : good with Aurelia's ability. Tap it to equip Sunforger to Aurelia or another creature. Pay to use Sunforger, attack with Aurelia and then untap all your creatures including Squire. During second combat or later at your second main phase tap Squire to equip Sunforger to a creature, pay to use Sunforger again.
- Auriok Steelshaper
If you find that you're having the problems with Host/Sunforger or other important cards getting exiled by your opponents then you can consider adding Pull from Eternity . This instant can put an exiled card back into your library. Can use it with Sunforger. If you're finding out that blue is a pain in the ass to play against then add Red Elemental Blast .
1 month ago
Hey, good start here. My advice is refine a single strategy to go with it. When you're on a budget it's better to narrow down and only play one strategy. As you get more funds you can expand on this, but when you don't have funds stick with one. Keep it simple :)
Helm of the Host is the card you want with Aurelia and you already have it nice. Most of my suggestions will be to strengthen the voltron strategy with equipment. When you have both these cards you want to be able to use them the turn you play them this means you need to be able to equip Aurelia for free, play Host for free, play Aurelia for free or all of the above. Playing Aurelia for free is difficult in Boros colors so lets take that away. However playing Host and equipping it for free is possible and that's a direction to consider.
Budget cards ($4 or less each) to consider adding:
- Command Tower : one of the best lands for multicolor Commander decks.
- Battlefield Forge : ETB (enters the battlefield) untapped.
- Mistveil Plains : excellent with Sunforger.
- Inspiring Vantage
- Ash Barrens
- Sol Ring : most played card in Commander.
- Godo, Bandit Warlord : another two card win with Host.
- Sigarda's Aid : play Host at instant speed and equip it to Aurelia for free.
- Open the Armory
- Relic Seeker
- Smothering Tithe : great repeatable ramp in multiplayer Commander.
- Sunforger : lets you search for and cast an instant for free.
- Leonin Shikari
- Mother of Runes : protect Aurelia.
- Swords to Plowshares
- Crush Contraband
- Chaos Warp
- Boros Charm
- Argivian Find
- Sun Titan
Sunforger is one of the most popular cards for Boros players because it gives you card advantage in colors that lack a lot of it. You will hear "Sunforger Package" this is referring to a number of instants spells that are good to cast for free with Sunforger's ability. A budget Sunforger package to consider:
- Mistveil Plains: can put a card that's in your graveyard after you cast it for free with Sunforger back into your library and then cast it again. This land lets you loop spells with Sunforger.
- Knight of the White Orchid : search for Mistveil or a Plains and put it onto the battlefield.
- Gift of Estates : search for Mistveil and other Plains. Helpful to make land drops.
- Swords to Plowshares
- Chaos Warp
- Crush Contraband
- Boros Charm
- Argivian Find: recur an artifact or enchantment.
- Dawn Charm
- Deflecting Palm
- Wild Ricochet
- Eerie Interlude : save your creatures from a board wipe get more value from creatures with ETB abilities.
- Wear / Tear : can combine and use both Wear and Tear when casting it with Sunforger.
This is an example of a simple base Sunforger package; it can be expanded on and made much more complex.
If you like some of these suggestions then I offer help to make cuts and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck with your deck.
2 months ago
To gain max value off of Tuvasa I would recommend cards like Sigarda's Aid and Leyline of Anticipation as well as Flickering Ward gives you that card draw on every turn as opposed to just one on your turn :P
Take a look at my primer I wrote for her!
Commander / EDH
SCORE: 51 | 27 COMMENTS | 2259 VIEWS | IN 14 FOLDERS
2 months ago
I don't know what kind of group you play with so I'm going to make a bunch of general sugestions.
- First off, you might benefit from some instant speed removal. Path to Exile Swords to Plowshares etc.
- Similar to above counterspells will help protect you enchanted creature and stop problems from hitting the board.
- If you do not like counterspells perhaps Brave the Elements effects or things like Valorous Stance or Sheltering Light etc.
- Board wipes are also useful in stopping decks that go wide from getting out of hand.
- If you want to keep your removal enchantment based Prison Term is good and you go further into Pacifism efects and/or Oblivion Ring effects.
- Idyllic Tutor and Plea for Guidance are a couple tutors to consider.
- Sram, Senior Edificer is another enchantress effect for auras.
- Some artifact ramp to speed your deck up could be good. Primarily 2 cmc rocks to play before your general. ex. Sol Ring Azorius Signet Talisman of Progress Fellwar Stone
- If you don't like the mana rock idea perhaps you could hate on other peoples. ex. Stony Silence Kataki, War's Wage Aura of Silence
- Sun Titan , Restoration Specialist , and Retether provide some more recursion.
- Sigarda's Aid is a staple in aura/equipment based decks.
- You seem to have most of the auras I like in the deck already but a few to consider are Flickering Ward , Gryff's Boon , Shielded by Faith , and Battle Mastery
- It might be worth branching into equipment for utility, Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots add some much needed haste.
- Last but not least Bastion Protector is good at both protecting your general and upping his power.
Hopefully some of this is helpful.
Sigarda's Aid occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.03%