Ashling the Pilgrim
Legendary Creature — Elemental Shaman
(1)(Red): Put a +1/+1 counter on Ashling the Pilgrim. If this is the third time this ability has resolved this turn, remove all +1/+1 counters from Ashling the Pilgrim, and it deals that much damage to each creature and each player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ashling the Pilgrim Discussion
4 days ago
to be honest, the idea was to use him with Cauldron of Souls to make infinite persists triggers, I guess I'll use Ashling the Pilgrim instead, I already have Grim Poppet, But I want a second way to do the combo...
4 weeks ago
I run a deck similar to this and I got some good ideas off the list, thanks.
1 month ago
2 months ago
Thought of one more: Ashling the Pilgrim is a boardwipe (except her and Neheb potentially) and generates at least 9 mana with neheb upon resolution of the second clause
2 months ago
ticked-off-squirrel Second that, its difficult to find these cards and finding one that only hits opponents is nearly impossible ha
Daedalus19876 This like any red deck has a card advantage problem and loses steam. So Ghirapur Orrery and Avaricious Dragon were added to let me dump my hand each turn. I have not considered Gemstone Array but I am now! Storing that extra mana sounds great.
D1beast I cant add the Braid. That only works on upkeep and drains right away. Dont have enough instants or creatures that would be able to use it. mastermew Does that make sense? Only works during the upkeep?
2 months ago
This plays very similarly to how you'd want to play Ashling the Pilgrim -- The armors and protection are key.
4 months ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
4 months ago
Fair enough man, at least you tried it out. You are ballsy playing mono red in a meta like that, not having recursion for anything but artifacts against control can suck. I learned that from spending 150ish dollars on pieces for a sweet Ashling the Pilgrim deck that just folded to all the breya, yidris, atraxa and child of alara decks at my LGS. Your only defense is cards like War's Toll, Defense Grid etc.