Ashling the Pilgrim
Legendary Creature — Elemental Shaman
(1)(Red): Put a +1/+1 counter on Ashling the Pilgrim. If this is the third time this ability has resolved this turn, remove all +1/+1 counters from Ashling the Pilgrim, and it deals that much damage to each creature and each player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Ashling the Pilgrim Discussion
1 week ago
- Hymn of the Wilds (this card sucks in multiplayer. Every deck needs its instants and sorceries)
- Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast gold cards should fit an archetype or just be good, and this doesnt fit either category
- Ghost Council of Orzhova pretty bad actually
- Figure of Destiny I think your initial impression was right. Lets scrap it
- Magister of Worth white has enough wrath effects
- Tidehollow Strix no comment
- Arlinn Kord Flip I think Xenagos is better based on how the archetypes are shaping up
- Surrak Dragonclaw I think Maelstrom Wanderer fits the archetypes in temur better (spells, gruul beats and whatever simic does)
- Brigid, Hero of Kinsbaile discourages attacks, even against other players, which is bad. If we had included Azorius hard control, stax or tax this card would be fine though
- Gustcloak Savior I dont think it does enough
- Herald of the Host Serra Angel isnt good enough for this format
- Kytheon, Hero of Akros Flip pikers arent good enough in this format, and he sucks as a planeswalker I think
- Crescendo of War too slow
- Dusk / Dawn I think that ultimately there wont be a deck that really benefits from this
- Just a general note about white: we have too many pump effects. Lets cut a couple.
- Broodbirth Viper fine if the cube is lower power level, but its quite high now
- Quickling do we have a deck for this card?
- Serendib Efreet this card doesnt match up well against multiple opponents
- Reverse Engineer too narrow
- Should we include a few more morphs so that stratus dancer is less obvious? Maybe Willbender, Thousand Winds and Kheru Spellsnatcher? At least all these cards kick ass in multiplayer.
- Bloodghast only good in one deck, and even then, it requires some setup. I feel Reassembling Skeleton is a better option for the cube.
- Sly Requisitioner too narrow
- Triskaidekaphobia cute but too shitty
- Dark Confidant I realized this card will probably just kill you.
- Phyrexian Metamorph feel kind of stupid for missing this
- Spellskite maybe this sucks, I dunno
- Curse of the Swine
- Kheru Spellsnatcher
- Thousand Winds
- Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
- Waste Not
- Innocent Blood
- Bloodchief Ascension
- Gray Merchant of Asphodel
- Reassembling Skeleton
I think our next task will be deciding which are the best 50 or so cards in each color from our pool. that should lay the groundwork for deciding which narrow cards (i.e., archetype-specific) cards we should include. Curious to hear your thoughts on cuts/additions!
1 week ago
Fair enough man, at least you tried it out. You are ballsy playing mono red in a meta like that, not having recursion for anything but artifacts against control can suck. I learned that from spending 150ish dollars on pieces for a sweet Ashling the Pilgrim deck that just folded to all the breya, yidris, atraxa and child of alara decks at my LGS. Your only defense is cards like War's Toll, Defense Grid etc.
3 weeks ago
I think she died in the story, but Ashling the Pilgrim.
She could be a (slightly) different take on red from Chandra.
+1 Turn into a creature equal to loyalty counters. Ashling gains haste until end of turn.
-X To damage to target creature equal to X.
-X To deal that much damage to each creature and each player. Sacrifice Asling at the beginning of the next end step.
Based on red version.
2 months ago
Commander / EDH
5 COMMENTS | 69 VIEWS
Hey, this is my Archangel Avacyn Flip project after tearing apart a recent experiment with Ashling the Pilgrim for something more consistent. I'm not great with aggro decks, but here I'm trying to balance voltron and red board wipes as well. Any help is appreciated, specifically I'm not sure how good Puresteel Paladin and Braid of Fire are in this list?
2 months ago
Hi, I'm making a deck around Ashling the Pilgrim currently and need help deciding a direction for the 99. I'm playing a lot of mana rocks, pro red swords (and Akroma's Memorial), with the usual Repercussion package.
The problem is I can't decide where to go from there, I'm debating on making something very artifact heavy like daretti since Unwinding Clock is good here and Mycosynth Lattice can end games, myr tribal for the mana dorks or even goblin tribal for Skirk Prospector and Skirk Fire Marshal synergy. Anybody know of a really successful ashling deck please share your thoughts, thank you!
4 months ago
I actually play with Merieke Ri Berit 'cause my Local Game Store did not have Ertai, so the strategy changes a little bit. The main strategy still the same, reanimation, but having another player creatures just for value. It's a lot of fun the two strategies combined.I faced in 1 vs 1: Ashling the Pilgrim, Jori En, Ruin Diver, Radha, Heir to Keld, Brago, King Eternal. The only match I have lost was against Radha, Heir to Keld.In multiplayer I played against: Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis, Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Bruna, the Fading Light, Omnath, Locus of Mana, Karametra, God of Harvests, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Karador, Ghost Chieftain. It is just fun in multliplayer.
5 months ago
5 months ago
It might be useful to add a creature like Ashling the Pilgrim so you can either have a blocker, or slowly power it up and then use its ability