|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Classic Sixth Edition||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Search your library for an artifact or enchantment card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||HydraOoze , Mousemke , NostalgicAce , acbooster , CampbellStev , zachi , westdoorblowsnow , BladeMasta220 , Sparky41 , MoJoMiXuP , awalloftext|
|Want (12)||TheRealPeaches , Mousemke , , Turtlelover73 , sonnet666 , mentor6 , theMarc , LoneCrusader399 , firemind12 , VoidCaster113 , pskinn01 ,|
Enlightened Tutor Discussion
1 day ago
Daxos's Torment can be a great finisher but it's all your opinion I find his cmc a bit to high
2 days ago
I'm running Demonic Tutor and Vampiric Tutor since they do the same thing. Enlightened Tutor is a 1 drop that gets me any enchantment, including things like Purphoros, God of the Forge, Grave Pact, Vicious Shadows ect.
As for draw, since I'm already sacing things, I may as well use things like Dark Prophecy to get value from my things dying, and things like Smothering Abomination can be used pretty much any time. I prefer things that I can use more than once to generate card advantage :)
3 days ago
I agree with both of the changes (Leovold is definitely adding to the current skew that the metagame as a whole has towards multicolored decks, especially ones with blue, green, and/or black), but there are still so so many things on the banlist that would have less of an impact being unbanned than Hulk.
Am I saying those cards should be banned? No, I'm saying those cards should be unbanned, and if the committee is worried about them becoming too pervasive, I would replace them with the best tutors of the format, such as Demonic Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Sylvan Tutor, Mystical Tutor, Vampiric Tutor, and Enlightened Tutor.
3 days ago
This advice is for going full Human Tribal, so no soldiers and spirits.
- Minus Emeria Shepherd Card is too expensive, no synergy b/c no ETB effects or payoff cards to reanimate.
- Minus Collective Effort Card is too mediocre in EDH
- Minus Devout Invocation, Although a very cool and flavourful card, it's too expensive, and doesn't have a direct impact on the board without a haste source in play.
- Minus Ajani Unyielding, Strong card, but no synergy wit the deck.
- Minus Bow of Nylea, Card is too underwhelming in EDH
- Minus Gallows at Willow Hill, again, very flavourful, but underwhelming.
- Minus Swiftfoot Boots, usually works better with big creatures that need protection, instead of a lot of small creatures, if you really want to play it, go for Lightning Greaves
- Minus Thought Vessel, you don't really need the ramp if you keep the CMC low, same goes for the hand-size limit, you want to keep casting creatures, not gain a massive hand. Imagine drawing this instead of more humans that commit to the board state.
- Minus Asceticism, you're main concern is board wipes, not target removal, I would suggest playing this in a creature based deck like Mayael the Anima
- Minus Archetype of Courage, too underwhelming in my opinion
- Minus Somberwald Sage, only ramps for big creatures, which is not your focus.
- Minus Decimator of the Provinces, too underwhelming for its cmc
- Minus Elder of Laurels, not a bad card, but only buffs one creature, you want more anthem effects.
- Minus Fiend Hunter, it's a solid card, there are better options
- Minus Geist-Honored Monk, solid card, but no human synergy and no game changer for 5 CMC
- Minus Odric, Lunarch Marshal, Minus Odric, Master Tactician, never been a fan of these.
- Minus Precinct Captain, soldiers, no humans
- Minus Ulvenwald Tracker, meh
- Minus Voice of Resurgence, obviously one of the best cards in Modern, solid in EDH, but not really a human card
- Minus Nissa, Voice of Zendikar, I get the point, but no humans
- Minus Avacyn, Angel of Hope, So good, so expensive
- Minus Mosswort Bridge, not enough value to gain here, so just a slow land card.
- Plus Skullclamp best draw engine for tokens in the game.
- Plus Devout Chaplain, solid tribe removal
- Plus Heron's Grace Champion, excellent combat trick.
- Plus Herald of War, solid tribal support
- Plus Tireless Tracker, great stand-alone with draw-engine
- Plus Grand Abolisher, anti control card
- Plus Thraben Doomsayer, free human tokens,
- Plus Angel of Jubilation, anthem
- Plus Chord of Calling, find your craterhoof on instant speed.
- Plus Eladamri's Call, tutor.
- Plus Green Sun's Zenith, tutor.
- Plus Avacyn's Pilgrim, solid human mana dork
- Plus Overwhelming Stampede wincon
- Plus Door of Destinies anthem
- Plus Akroma's Memorial wincon
- Plus Obelisk of Urd tribal anthem
- Plus Cryptolith Rite Ramp
- Plus Angelic Overseer Solid tribal support
- Plus Marshal's Anthem Recursion + Anthem
- Plus Kodama's Reach additional Cultivate
- Plus Adaptive Automaton tribal support
- Plus Enlightened Tutor
- Plus Gather the Townsfolk, more humans!
4 days ago
No Oblivion Stone or Nevinyrral's Disk in the maindeck seems like a mistake. I love Chainer and have had fun playing him for the last couple years, but the inability for mono black to handle artifacts and enchantments is beyond the pale.
Your only maindeck answers to artifacts or enchantments that win on the spot are Thoughtseize and Praetor's Grasp, which can't even save you from it if someone Enlightened Tutors the card for them to topdeck (or add literally any other tutor if they cast both in the same turn). I don't think relying upon Thoughtseize is viable to stopping Rest in Peace. As for Praetor's Grasp, that requires you to have 1BB before anyone else gets 1W or 1WW, which makes it an iffy way to stop it at best (because if they go first or draw better ramp than you, then...).
O-Stone or Disk is a reliable thing you can tutor into after the fact in order to stop cards from blocking your major path to victory because, like you said, this deck doesn't attack ever. Some of your creature deterrents border on, "Too cute" so I'd recommend dropping Darkness since you have more reliable ways of repeatedly stopping attacks (and Darkness is really only good for the surprise factor- I'm not huge on Holy Days in Commander, especially multiplayer. Actually putting the problems into the bin for you to utilize is better than a Holy Day in black).
4 days ago
I enjoy Marchesa, the Black Rose in my own Sliver build.
5 days ago
drshakalu Sorry for the late response!
The Intuition piles look like either: Hermit Druid + Reanimate + Shallow Grave, or Force of Will + Pact of Negation + Mental Misstep. The deck runs a fair bit of redundancy so you can get whatever effect you want most of the time, be it removal, draw, recursion, etc.
I have indeed considered Recruiter of the Guard. IMO we run enough tutors already to get Hermit Druid with. I would much rather run Mystical Tutor and Enlightened Tutor as they're cheap and can be cast at instant speed. You can get any piece of removal, draw, recursion, or disruption you need with Mystical Tutor, and any rock or Lion's Eye Diamond with Enlightened Tutor if you're going for a hard cast Auriok Salvagers. Recruiter of the Guard costs three mana which doesn't sit well with the rest of the deck.
After some games a few weeks back I realised packing in some creature based reanimation could be good. At two mana, Apprentice Necromancer is very good but the need for haste bothers me.
Necropotence recently came out of the list for Ad Nauseam, which is much more powerful than Mystic Remora. Mystic Remora was cut in the early stages for Rhystic Study, which also consistently performed poorly.
In regards to Pithing Needle, if your meta requires you to run it, I would definitely take a dork out to run it. We're tight on slots currently, but you could also cut Pull from Eternity if you need the dorks in.
In regards to Praetor's Grasp, I haven't had to worry about that too much. It's recently shown itself a few times in my online meta, so I've been toying with finding a slot for the new Walking Ballista, which would give us an alternative wincon with whichever line we take.