Folio of Fancies
Players have no maximum hand size.
, : Each player draws X cards.
, : Each opponent puts a number of cards equal to the number of cards in their hand from the top of their library into their graveyard.
Printings View all
|Throne of Eldraine (ELD)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Folio of Fancies Discussion
1 month ago
Mill is fun! I have some thoughts, though:
- A nice finisher might be Mind Grind, since that can be nice and damaging. You also have Consuming Aberration that can get quite large and quite lethal. (Quite quickly.)
- For the milling strategy, another option could be to go the route with Sphinx's Tutelage, which can add up quickly. I've toyed around with using Tutelage and Folio of Fancies to draw all the cards and empty all the opponents' libraries in record time. This could also be nice in combination with Into the Story; this might be a better route to consider instead of Memory Adept (and especially four copies).
- If you want the milling strategy, better planeswalkers than that Jace are Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver and Ashiok, Dream Render. The former helps you steal opponents' threats, while the latter is straight-up value milling plus exile (which is useful if dredge-like shenanigans are a thing).
- Other useful milling creatures are Minister of Inquiries, Overwhelmed Apprentice, and Manic Scribe, each with a bit of a different niche. (I like the Apprentice, since the bonus scry also sets up your draws.) You can also add Thing in the Ice Flip as a bonus finisher: if you cast four qualifying spells, the Thing flips and lets you re-use your Secretkeepers, Ministers, et al.
2 months ago
Thanks for your opinion & honest Work on this Deck
Lands & Manabase
I think the Manabase should be not the Problem here
I dont play any of these expensive Lands in any of my Commander Decks and i didn't see any disadvantage in my Playgroups
The Lands i use here are all in stock and so i don't have to buy them
So if i will get my Hands on a better Land, i can exchange them with one in any of my Decks.
Anyway i see the Advantage on your choice of Lands and i will put them on the Upgrade List for this Deck with one exception
This one is on his way into the Deck
Never mind Cavern of Souls will be on the Upgrade list too but i have other Decks where i have to put this 60 Bucks in first ;-)
Baleful Strix + Arcane Adaptation + Wingcrafter
I didn't think about any other Creature's because i wanted to make it a Tribal Ninja CMDR
The only one i had in mind was Changeling Outcast
So for Arcane Adaptation , Baleful Strix & Wingcrafter i will cut Price of Knowledge , Downsize & Drowned Secrets
I dont consider anymore :-)
Temporal Trespass , Dig Through Time & Treasure Cruise are in of course
Now i have to learn to fuck up my grave but i think i can handle this :-D
So Folio of Fancies , Spellbook are out and now i'm in struggle
I think that The Magic Mirror + Venser's Journal is a "too nice" Combo to Cut and on the other hand they have high CMC
Cutting Spellbook was also hard because Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow and all the others Ninja's "hopfully" gives you so much Cards
So i don't want to cut more "No Maximum Handsize" Cards because i think they're essential
The last card to cut you're offering is Erratic Portal so this one is Out
But this one was in for Protecting some of the "Nasty Ninja's" against hitting the grave from Battletricks
Hopefully the Entomb + Filth or Entomb + Wonder combo and / or Crystal Shard , Walker of Secret Ways will do their job
So Vampiric Tutor is a well known Card but i think I've got enough Top Deck Manipulation and the "Cards to cut" are Rare. Same is true for Insidious Dreams wich i didn't know before
I had Lim-Dul's Vault on mind when i builded this Deck and maybe this is a game changing "Top Deck Manipulation" because of the mass of Cards u can look at
So i will clear the Maybeboard and all three are in there and i f i find a card to cut Lim-Dul's Vault will be the one who gets in 1st
Chain of Vapor
So here i need a quick 101 on this Card
"At this Moment i'm too stupid to understand how this card work and why it is so good in a Yuriko Deck" So i'm not too stupid to understand how this card works @all-> i'm too stupid why this one should be good and don't any have clue on this combo
So please give me the "Breakthrough"
Shitty English & Bad Grammar
Sorry for my very Basic English Grammar and this shitty English
I think in my Mothers Language much of this Desaster would sound very differnt :-D
And here are some dots and commas if u need them -> ........,,,,,,,, :-D
Update of the Deck will be done soon
2 months ago
Fun idea! As much as I love Startled Awake, 9 mana for 13 mill isn't very efficient - I'd say it's too slow even for pioneer. I think the same is true for traumatize - generally you want your big 5 and 6 mana cards to be good in the late game, but traumatize is the opposite in that it only gets worse the longer the game goes on. The combo with Fraying Sanity is cute, but I'm not sure it's worth relying on - I'd go down to 1 copy of Traumatize if you're going to keep it in at all.
For additions, you could consider Mind Sculpt , Sphinx's Tutelage , Psychic Corrosion , Manic Scribe , Folio of Fancies , and Vantress Gargoyle .
Whatever you decide to do with it, good luck and have fun!
3 months ago
- Avarice Amulet > Folio of Fancies (Just a better card in this slot, cheaper cmc and will do more for you overall)
- Seer's Lantern > Mind Stone (Cheaper cmc mana rock)
- Rakdos Locket > Rakdos Signet
- Izzet Locket > Izzet Signet
- Dimir Locket > Dimir Signet (Signets are just much, much better)
- Cursed Rack > Mountain (Cursed Rack is just average and very narrow in your deck)
- Sulfur Falls > Swiftwater Cliffs (Slight downgrade but saves $3.00 USD)
- Canyon Slough > Rakdos Guildgate (Saves cash, Canyon Slough enters tapped just the same, the reason this costs more $$ is because it has Swamp and Mountain in its land type, rare for non-basic lands, it means it can be fetched by fetch-lands like Bloodstained Mire )
- Revolutionary Rebuff > Arcane Denial (Counters any spell and adds some draw for you and opponent, which likely means 2 more damage for them too, an added bonus)
- Manalith > Wayfarer's Bauble (Manalith is pretty average at 3cmc, land-ramp with the Bauble is better in this case)
- Rakdos Cluestone > Star Compass
3 months ago
Some suggested additions for the time being, don't necessarily need them all:
- Get yourself to 36 Lands
Maybe add a mountain or two in place of the other basics, just to make sure you actually draw a red source and can cast Nekusar.
- Folio of Fancies
- Magus of the Wheel
- Dragon Mage
- Dark Deal
- Runehorn Hellkite
- Wheel of Fate
- Dimir Signet
- Izzet Signet
- Rakdos Signet
- Mind Stone (any kind of 2cmc mana rock is generally better, it's faster mana, gets your gameplan going quicker)
Wayfarer's Bauble (I have a spare I can give you)
- Drown in the Loch - you are wheeling so graveyards should full enough that you can reliably cast this
- Kess, Dissident Mage - she can recast you wheels and draw spells
- Psychosis Crawler - will be effective if you run more wheels instead of "target player draws x cards"
on Hoot Hoot
3 months ago
3 months ago
May want to add Folio of Fancies great for card draw all around.
3 months ago
One card that can really help a mill strategy is Folio of Fancies . This card can fatten up their hand before affordably milling a fair bit of cards with it's second ability. I use it in a vise deck, as both a back up win con, and to keep their hand large.
I would consider switching unsummon for another counter spell, but I struggled to make good use of Unsummon when I played it. It too often amounted to me trading a card for nearly nothing. Counters are usually more useful in my estimation, though once in a while you can unsummon something they had to gimmick out, which is very nasty.