|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Ravnica Allegiance (RNA)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Whenever an opponent draws a card, that player may pay . If the player doesn't, you create a colourless Treasure artifact token with ", Sacrifice this artifact: Gain one mana of any colour."
Smothering Tithe Discussion
1 day ago
Your deck inspired me to make a version of my own! I saw the Secret Lair alt art coming out and just had to make a deck around it.
Here's some suggestions I have:
Kindred Discovery - Staple in tribal decks that'll draw you plenty.
Phyrexian Arena - Good draw, life is a resource.
Vanquisher's Banner - A lord for your tribe and a draw on summon.
Toxic Deluge - Best boardwipe in the game. Your commander already destroys permanents but this gets around indestructible. Neat huh?
Blasphemous Act - Another boardwipe that gets around indestructible. Since your build is more so token oriented, you shouldn't have a problem resolving this for the low.
Patriarch's Bidding - Bring back your tribe and then some! You can call any creature type, so why not bring back some of your other tribal support too? Ex: Calling slivers would bring back your changelings and the sliver lords.
1 day ago
I think trying out an Eldrazi Tribal deck with a Vorthos sub-theme of "Eldrazi touched" creatures may be both flavorful, and potentially powerful enough to be considered "scary" by the table. Some deck defining spells would be:
Eldrazi Conscription - to be used on your commander when you can't get the other angel out
Emrakul, the Promised End - a big game changing play that can outright change the flow of a game
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth - another big beater that nets you cards, and disrupts the board
Just to name a few. I'd rely on a lot of the various ramp cards ad that produce , and mono white ramp for support (like Smothering Tithe ). I'd also consider maybe an additional subtheme of monowhite stacks, using cards to slow the flow of play like Authority of the Consuls , Ghostly Prison , and Blind Obedience . The idea is to make other players second guess attacking you, while you continually drop in Eldritch Horrors that disrupt the boardstate in a big way. I know you're on a budget, but the previously mentioned are probably the most expensive cards i'd suggest.
2 days ago
you mean the actual Flicker ? it's sorcery speed, so it doesn't really work defensively or as occasional disruption. that's a deal breaker for me. it does, however, untap cradle, or reset walkers, or kill marath, hehe. regarding final fortune, I used to play it and only removed it to test Smothering Tithe , which I've been pretty unhappy with. i'm fairly certain that smothering tithe does not belong here and will probably bring back Final Fortune . i've been testing Sevinne's Reclamation as well and I've been pretty impressed with it. I didn't realize it can get land back, too, and it's basically a 3 for 1.
2 days ago
@Conaxi4783 - Hmm.. i didn't remember Revel in Riches .. although, it's not as reliable, as i would like.. but, i'm going to include it in the maybeboard.. might do a couple of playtests with it.. with Smothering Tithe , i had it in a previous iteration of this deck, but i chose to cut it because my playgroup has a couple of house rules, that puts a bounty on certain cards that we feel are annoying to play against.. Smothering Tithe , Rhystic Study , Sol Ring , Gaea's Cradle , Sensei's Divining Top & Lion's Eye Diamond are those cards currently.. whenever one player destroys/exiles any of those, they would get a point in our league per month.. although Sol Ring is still in my deck, it's not as eye catching to remove from the battlefield, unlike those others, so I had to cut it.. Thanks for the suggestions btw.
@hamdeadly - that could be useful, although my deck has a couple of enchantments that i would not rather destroy, and would prefer single/multiple targeted removal spells like Return to Dust .. maybe as a last resort.. but i will keep that mass removal spell in mind, if ever i would update this deck.. thanks!
3 days ago
4 days ago
so the way I see it you're actually quite close (33 basic lands means 25 basic lands brings you up to 82)
- Zephyr Sprite (basic 1 drop flyer, but a 1 drop flyer is good on its own)
- Wydwen, the Biting Gale (3/3 flyer with an ability that gives you bounce to save itself or add faerie casts)
- Wasp Lancer (3 mana faerie flyer, that's it)
- Vendilion Clique (ok, pricey but a good way to say no to an incoming problem)
- Thieving Sprite (another way to say no to an incoming threat)
- Silkbind Faerie (untap effects are very exploitable, although often rare)
- Silkbind Faerie (easy to be a 3/3 flying vigilance for 3)
- Ringskipper (this one is kinda mostly filler but could be obnoxious to get rid of)
- Quickling (ok I think this is a diamond in the rough, 2 mana, get a body AND save a faerie from impending doom)
- Oona's Gatewarden (i know defender BUT WITHER IS SUCH A GOOD MECHANIC)
- Nightveil Sprite (2 mana 1/2 flyer that lets you look at the top card of your library, with the option to toss)
- Mistbind Clique (forcing your opponent into an all out play can create quite the opening, timing it before the end of a phase limits their options on what they can do with all that mana)
- Metropolis Sprite (With anthems that ability could be nasty, especially since early game flyers are often going unblocked)
- Knacksaw Clique (I hate myself for suggesting this monster of a card but even if you aren't stealing their cards, your permanently removing them and that's just nasty)
- Faerie Vandal (drawing 2 cards in a turn isnt hard in blue, so in many cases it will get +1/+1 every turn)
- Faerie Mechanist (counts as an artifact AND sifts for more)
- Fae of Wishes (that adventure lets you pull solutions out of thin air)
- Eye Collector (1/1 with a decent ability)
- Brazen Borrower (again not budget but another great adventure)
- Faerie Guidemother (1 drop white with an ok adventure option)
- Phyrexian Metamorph (clone that can hit artifacts always good, especially in EDH)
- Glorious Anthem (aka the namesake for all anthems)
- Dictate of Heliod (double anthem with flash)
- Marshal's Anthem (but pricey mana wise but potent)
- Kindred Boon (not an anthem but...it's a bit slow but indestructible is nasty)
- Kindred Discovery (also not an anthem but CAAAAAARRRRD DRAW)
- All That Glitters (potent aura in your deck, slap it on Alela for quick win)
- Mirrormade (MORE CLOOOOOONESSS but for artifact or enchantment)
- Bident of Thassa (caaaaaaaarrrrddd draaaaawwww)
- Skullclamp (mooooorrreeeee caaaard draaaaawwww)
- Smothering Tithe (this guy is broken in EDH)
- Coastal Piracy ( heavy breathing CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRDD DRAAAW)
- Blind Obedience (good control enchantment)
- insert every flavor of mana rocks here
- Mortify (reeeemoval)
- Path to Exile (more removal)
- Swords to Plowshares (did I mention removal is important)
- Generous Gift (echo echo echo)
- Vindicate (I remember when this was like a 20$ card)
- Ghostly Prison (the best defense is actually having defense)
- Utter End (hits anything but land and its gone for good)
- Disenchant (technically the OG naturalize)
- Diabolic Tutor (like demonic tutor only not 25$)
- Open the Vaults (wow that was a nasty Nevinyrral's Disk wouldn't it be a shame if it didn't stick)
- Propaganda (Ghostly Prison but blue)
- Sphere of Safety (ghostly prison but gets really out of hand fast)
- Darksteel Mutation (this card is evil)
- Imprisoned in the Moon (that’s a nice land ya got there)
- Frogify (MAKE THAT COMMANDER A FROG)
- Phyrexian Arena (card draw, but black)
- Aura of Silence (because only you can have artifacts and enchantments)
- Dispeller's Capsule (disenchant on a stick)
- Norn's Annex (phyrexian ghostly prison)
- Notorious Throng (TURN THAT PAIN INTO FRIENDS))
- Wrath of God (NUKE UM NUKE UM)
- Fumigate (Moooore NUUUKES)
- Oblivion Ring (say no, now with enchantments)
- Detention Sphere (kill all of one type of token, or remove all the sol rings, you know for shits and giggles)
- Karmic Justice (blow up my stuff i blow you up)
- Land Tax (ok not budget but reeeeaaaallly nice for lands outside of green)
- Grasp of Fate (o ring but for each opponent)
- Attrition (you should have tons of minions so sacking some for removal is value)
- True Conviction (one of my favorite big nasty enchantments)
- Akroma's Memorial (most of the times this hits the field it's over)
- Jace Beleren (og jace is nice)
on Life Lost v2
5 days ago
Hey, see your Topic and want make some suggestions.
I think here is no Question ;).
Rhystic Study is a must have for every Blue Deck, Brainstorm & Ponder also for Topdeck-Control. Smothering Tithe give you more Ramp/Mana if your Opponent dident pay. A Land Tax is so awesome, take 3 Basics out the Deck every Turn, and your Chance to Draw Combopieces is better. (Also if you must Discard Basic-Lands (Handsize).
Here is my old Vapire Deck, its more Casual but maybe you find more Ideas for your own Deck. [PreCon] Legion of Dusk - Orzhov Vampire Tribal
5 days ago
Commit / Memory is a great cancel or removal spell stapled to a wheel. I recommend it in any deck that can house blue, it's kind of a pet staple.
Approach of the Second Sun is a good alternate win con. It doesn't really further any strategy with Brudiclad, but it can end a stalemate which can be nice.
Smothering Tithe can produce treasures which can be used as mana, and can be turned into dudes with Brudiclad, or you can turn your other tokens into treasures. It's neat.
... Also, please do me a fave and burp that guy back up. We need him in 2020.
Smothering Tithe occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.08%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.08%
WB (Orzhov): 0.85%