|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Masters 25 (A25)||None|
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Uncommon|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic (DDC)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Ninth Edition Foreign Black Border (9EDFBB)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature can't attack or block.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (14)||salthegato , BillyBalverine , Reliva , damo_rox , electrolynx , Suns_Champion , NCN946 , Dimarx , teslacoil7992 , 7vennum7 , Laertesss , L4DMalus , theilluminaire , darthnuchi|
|Want (40)||Birchie84 , Gypsyhatten , mcslicks , Talonisnthavingit , Drizztleo , MTGhostCouncil , Chaere , CryAll , nocipher , chapohokage , killzoid23 , Emries , BorderlineEvil , Loading_Error , EcSamuel , rakdos24 , Georgez96 , king0fclubs , ray3003 , puppixx , jtwood , IsaacGreenseed , VampireArm , yuchunchang , CptnFab , CHAREDot9 , jdwork , affort , Seafoo , Magus_of_the_Brothels , finfan96 , ImmortalCancer , SamielTheDemon , Cunningcrow , MirrorMountain , jirrrrbs , Jcheese27 , SuperSoldier240 , icebeing , NightLight5454|
1 day ago
My COM died, but the way it was going, you were percived as the biggest thret and targeted early, you got screwed at 2 mana for the longest time (I think that was a fluke) then finally got the mana for Pentarch Ward to cancel out the Pacifism effects. Your creature was later destroyed by a Stormscape Battlemage , it looked like the game was going to go in Sludge Strider s favor after Stormscape Battlemage failed to get any creatures. I fail to remember what other deck there was.
1 day ago
I'd definitely run Darksteel Citadel for sure. I would also cut the interactive cards like Pacifism , Path to Exile , Leonin Abunas and Lightning Bolt for more artifacts to sac to kci, specifically ones that can draw cards like Chromatic Star , Chromatic Sphere , Terrarion , and Mind Stone . They are good things to sac to kci because they keep drawing through the deck. I've also seen lists that run Pia's Revolution which was pretty powerful.
1 week ago
I like the overall idea of the deck, in fact I currently work on kind of a similar idea. Kitsune Mystic is a really sweet addition indeed since not only you can basically use it for moving around hexproof\shroud, but also for moving combat enchantments mid-combat on an unblocked creature, basically turning it into a 1-mana combat trick. However, I`d like to give couple of improvement suggestions.
1) The mana base is only 33 cards, which is extremely low. Such a scarcity of lands should have a solid reasoning, like a really solid one, for instance a ramp on the stick in form of the commander. The average agreed-upon amount is 37-38, and I do not see why this deck should be an exclusion.
2) Following up the mana base argument, I would suggest working on a ramp package, which is basically non-existing in a current version of the deck, and those cards that do ramp you are either conditional (like One with Nature ) or sub-par ( Utopia Vow ). Kestia is in , so not running ramp is a crime against humanity. I would include at least 7 more ramp cards, especially 2-mana ones, like Rampant Growth , Sakura-Tribe Elder and Farseek . Ramp and better mana base provide much more consistency, and this deck is already very good with draw, so it just needs to have better chances to play the cards it has drawn. Also, just put Sol Ring in there. You would never regret it. It`s just too good.
3) The deck is overkill on creatures and enchantments. Now if the enchantments are not that much for a problem since the whole deck is built around them, and usually a deck should have around 30 cards of which it is themed around, the amount of creatures can be decreased. Now which of these should be cut is completely up to you, but in my opinion: - most of the bestow creatures are not as effective as you would want them to be. Most of them are either just sub-par cards ( Boon Satyr ) or just overpriced copies of enchantments that you already have in the deck (i. e. Hopeful Eidolon Ghostblade Eidolon Hypnotic Siren ); - Nylea's Colossus , although being a really sweet card, seems unreliable. 7 mana in a deck with virtually no ramp is just so far into the future, and you have to spend your whole turn to cast it. Plus, you already have a lot of enchantments, so pumping a dude to lethal numbers should be pretty easy already; - Celestial Ancient seems to lack synergy with the deck as a whole. I can see only 3 token producers and a Starfield of Nyx , which, by the way, is also a controversial inclusion since many enchantments in the deck are auras.
4) I would also try and squeeze in more unconditional removal. I see you have most of your removal in form of Pacifism type enchantments, that have better synergy with enchantresses, however I would argue that since you have so many enchantress type effects and enchantments in general that those cards can be swapped for more reliable and consistent removal like SWORDS TO PLOWSHARES Path to Exile and Return to dust. Also I`d also include couple more board wipes because they are basically your safety nets if you fall behind in the game. One sweet thing you can actually do is to include Calming Verse , Aura Thief and Cleansing Meditation , cast one of these along with Enchanted Evening and basically watch your opponents scoop as they lose all their stuff.
I have a lot more tunings to suggest, but they become much too subjective from here, so yeah, there you go.
1 week ago
I'd take Journey to Nowhere over Pacifism , there are a lot of creatures who hurt you just by being on the battlefield without attacking or blocking anyone. Luminarch Ascension seems like a card that's good in multiplayer where you have a lot of opponents' end phases for it to trigger in and a propensity for stale mates, so if you're playing that way a lot it's a good card. In normal matchups, though, I don't see it doing much for you. Instead of Ghostly Prison , I'd bring in Archangel of Tithes , she's a bit more expensive for you and not as expensive for your opponent, but she's more versatile and comes with a 3/5 body which can really do wonders.
Darksteel Citadel doesn't seem to do a whole lot of good for you, and the occasional life-gain from Seraph Sanctuary is really also something you need to have a payoff for for it to be worth it. Maybe just get some extra plains, or you could get Eiganjo Castle or Okina, Temple to the Grandfathers . You also seem to have rather more forests than I'd really recommend, but good dual lands are expensive, so I get you :) If you can afford them, I recommend Temple Garden , Horizon Canopy , Windswept Heath , Razorverge Thicket and Wooded Bastion .
Shaman of Forgotten Ways seems way too expensive, I'd get Birds of Paradise or more Noble Hierarch s if you can afford it, otherwise Avacyn's Pilgrim , Beastcaller Savant or Bloom Tender can do good work too. I'm also not sure what Kytheon's Irregulars ' role in your deck is, again let me recommend Archangel of Tithes , or alternatively Angel of Jubilation , Shalai, Voice of Plenty , or Indomitable Archangel or Gisela, the Broken Blade . Baneslayer Angel is a fine card, but unless you're facing demons and dragons regularly, Lyra Dawnbringer is probably better. Her ability to be a lord for other angels is really nice.
Iona, Shield of Emeria and Avacyn, Angel of Hope are super powerful bombs, but I'm not sure you have enough ramp to play them consistently. Of course, you know your local meta better than I do, so you be the judge of that yourself :) I'd recommend thinking about dropping them, though.
And last, a shameless plug. I've been playing with an angel deck of my own at my local FNM and been doing OK, it's been mono-white, white-green-red and is now just white-green. You can check the latest iteration here if you're looking for a somewhat different take on this whole business: Noble Angels
2 weeks ago
Here might be some cards that can be helpful:
- Lightning Greaves
- Swiftfoot Boots
- Swords to Plowshares
- Path to Exile
- Dawn of Hope
- Enlightened Tutor
- Return to Dust
- Rebuff the Wicked
- Faith's Reward
- Authority of the Consuls
- Serra Ascendant
- Soul's Attendant
- Lapse of Certainty
- Scout's Warning
- Tragic Arrogance
- Blind Obedience
Cards suggested to cut:
- Ajani's Pridemate
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
- Atalya, Samite Master
- Banisher Priest
- Gerrard Capashen
- Martyr of Sands
- Paladin of Atonement
- Sunscorch Regent
- Celestial Convergence
- Celestial Mantle
- Cradle of Vitality
- Nimbus Wings
- Ordeal of Heliod
- Angel's Mercy
- Divine Verdict
- Meditation Puzzle
- Renewed Faith
- Safe Passage
- Planar Cleansing
- Chalice of Life Flip
- Venser's Journal
The reasons the card listed above to cut is one of few reasons either they don't do much, better alternatives, or they don't further your game plan enough to make an impact. By meta I meant, the type of decks you are facing as your meta might be filled with more aggro players than if that's the case you might want to add in a Ghostly Prison for example, or if you are facing a lot of reanimation decks than adding in a Relic of Progenitus or Tormod's Crypt can be fairly helpful. Against control players than you might want to consider a lot Silence/Orim's Chant effects.
Aside from that, some non-budget friendly cards are the obvious Mana Crypt, Mana Vault, Teferi's Protection, or Vedalken Orrery. Winding Canyons can also be helpful to flash out Evra or your Felidar Sovereign to sneak in that win.
Hope that helps!
1 month ago
If you want to work with your commander, there are a lot of ways to damage yourself.
Benalish Marshal from Dominaria would probably be a good addition here as well. You might want to grab a Crusade and Celestial Crusader while you're at it. Kindred Boon is a pretty sweet mono-white card for tribal decks.
+1 from me. :)
1 month ago
And you can always get even meaner by adding some BLUE to the picture! ;-)
I did something similar in my deck Hanna's World, which also features Avacyn although not as a general (and I hardly ever play).
1 month ago
It could. Savage Beating and World at War too. Question is what to cut for them. I'm kinda thinking that Aurelia herself might be enough as a source for extra combats. I made an exception with Waves of Aggression - the synergy between it and Land Tax & Endless Horizons seemed so nice... And I guess it's a good idea to have a backup plan if Aurelia gets Pacifismed or something.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll see if I can make some room for more extra combat cards in the future! :)