|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Eternal Masters (EMA)||Common|
|Tempest Remastered (TPR)||Uncommon|
|Dragons of Tarkir (DTK)||Common|
|Magic 2014 (M14)||Common|
|Magic 2013 (M13)||Common|
|2012 Core Set (M12)||Common|
|2011 Core Set (M11)||Common|
|2010 Core Set (M10)||Common|
|Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic (DDC)||Common|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Common|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Common|
|Eighth Edition (8ED)||Common|
|Seventh Edition (7ED)||Common|
|Classic Sixth Edition (6ED)||Common|
|Urza's Saga (USG)||Common|
Combos Browse all
Enchantment — Aura
Enchanted creature can't attack or block.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (19)||tahavin , Yawkcorb , dbp512 , MattN7498 , , Candyman949 , _raeofsunlight , Tommuz , ironax , Fiolek , MythicWinter111 , richardmv , CAPTAINxCOOKIES , maR2307 , Falte , plof , frederiklw , Kravian , primusinterpares|
3 days ago
I was able to play test this deck and was instructed that Treasure Cruise is banned in Pauper. Sad day. So that card is really banned in just about every format.
Now playing this deck I need more enchantment removal. Both of the decks I played against seemed to be full of removal in the shape of Pacifism and Oblivion Ring style cards. Due to this I am looking at more removal/counter spells that will help.
2 weeks ago
Looking at this deck quickly, some relatively cheap cards that would be worth adding are Soul Warden and Crusade (Glorious Anthem if playing against another white deck). Don't see much removal/protection here so perhaps Immolating Glare would help, as well as a couple of Pacifism. Since you're running quite a few creatures, Brave the Elements would also be useful as well. You have plenty of mana so I'd likely cut out the Myrs if you were going to replace anything to start. Hope this helps!
1 month ago
With a heavy Equipment theme you aren't going to have much room for utility. A such, all non-card-draw utility cards should probably be removal. I would include at least two board wipes (more is often better, depends on your meta). Blasphemous Act and maybe Rout are good budget options. Vandalblast is sick. I'm super big on enchantment removal so Return to Dust is S-tier outstanding. Not super budget but not expensive either. I like Ray of Distortion a lot. It's very mana-intensive but the fact that you can do it twice is awesome in EDH. Dust to Dust will be handy. Lots of artifacts in EDH. I kind of like Revoke Existence since artifact recursion is common.
There is lots of random utility to find out there. Reconnaissance and Dolmen Gate are usually great for aggro decks but your commander makes it far less necessary. Perhaps Brave the Sands and Always Watching . Fervor and Hammer of Purphoros are sick too. Ogre Battledriver is nice but not a samurai.
1 month ago
I think your current draft is an improvement over the previous draft, in that it looks more consistent in terms of adhering to clear strategies (wipes/Angel-tribe/voltron). There are still some cards however, I would really consider replacing:
- Crovax, Ascendant Hero: you are regularly wiping boards AND you have creatures who are already strong by themselves. That makes adding this card a bit moot, really.
- Dragon Hunter: a wall against a single dragon or a creature that is unblockable in a deck that just uses dragon creatures. That seems like waaaay too specific a card to use.
- Guardian of the Guildpact: has the same problem as Dragon Hunter, though it is slightly more powerful. In the end, this is just a wall against mono-colored creatures/spells or an unblockable creature against opponents who only use mono-colored creatures. The variation you come across in EDH is just too diverse to make such cards very useful. If you made this creature part of a deck that is specifically made to benefit from unblockable creatures, it would be another matter. But in this deck, I think it just takes up valuable space.
- Odric, Master Tactician: Odric's ability does not seem all that useful to me in a deck that wipes the board every few turns (or even every turn).
- Tundra Wolves: why is this in here? Just as a cheap creature to summon in the early stages of a game? In that case, I would really recommend something more powerful like Mother of Runes or, if affordable to you, something like Serra Ascendant or Weathered Wayfarer.
- Wakening Sun's Avatar: As this deck is about wipes, I understand why you would add this. Considering the current popularity of Ixalan though, I would not recommend it. Players using dinosaurs will not be affected by this wipe. I think Magus of the Disk would make more sense.
- Axis of Mortality : Am I correct in assuming this has been added as an insurance policy of some sort? Since your main strategy consists of wiping the board of creatures, the only consistent way other players will be able to whittle down your life total, is by using (targeted) spells. Considering that, I think it would be more useful to add Aegis of the Gods or Leyline of Sanctity instead of this card. Combined with Avacyn and your wiping abilities, this make you very difficult to defeat.
- Black Ward: did you not just remove all wards/scarabs/circles and stuff? :)
- Pacifism: in a deck that often wipes multiple creatures, I question the use of a card that puts only one creature out of action (Swords to Plowshares seems more useful in this regard; just remove the thing that is bothering you permanently).
- Approach of the Second Sun: adding this card to an EDH deck (in which you are only allowed one of these) without tutors and/or ways to draw lots of cards every turn seems extremely inefficient to me.
- Act of Heroism: I see a tendency in your deck to try and stop single opposing creatures in their tracks by giving one of your own creatures an edge (like protection or a buff to strength/toughness) over the thing it is trying to stop. Act of Heroism is one of the cards you do this with. My advice is to try and incorporate more cards that will allow you to stop all (or most of the) opposing creatures simultaneously. Even better would be to incorporate permanents that can do this all the time, because Avacyn protects those from destruction. This is why I advised you earlier on using stuff like Ghostly Prison and Norn's Annex.
That's it. I hope my comments are useful to you. Please let me know in case you would post a third draft.
With kind regards,
1 month ago
What about it?
I don't know if I am missing something, but I don't think it would be that good of an addition. Yes donating Goldnight Castigator can be good, but I don't have enough general damage or mana to really make up for the 4 mana to play it, and then give it to the opponent. Mainly because my big damage source is Abyssal Persecutor and if i did donate a Goldnight Castigator the opponent can just use it as a blocker. and i don't see how Goldnight Castigator would be good to keep on my bored.
So keeping it screws me, and donating it is a waste of mana and gives the opponent a free blocker.
The only way it would really work is if you had a donation burn deck, or if you where able to donate then put a Pacifism like card on it.