Creature — Human Rogue
Infect Blighted Agent is unblockable.
|Have (2)||orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 ,|
|Want (2)||NessaElendil , JazzCrimes|
Printings View all
|Mystery Booster: Store Edition (MYSTOR)||Rare|
|New Phyrexia (NPH)||Common|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Blighted Agent occurrence in decks from the last year
All decks: 0.05%
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Blighted Agent Discussion
1 month ago
Hey, I love your deck! A few notes which might make this deck play a little smoother.
Blighted Agent - I'd recommend that you take this card out. This is a Human Rouge, which means that you can't mutate onto this like you probably want to.
Diabolic Tutor - I'd recommend that you take this card out. If you were trying to go for a budget tutor effect, Grim Tutor is being reprinted in M21, and is sure to be cheaper in this coming set. That being said, a better alternative might be Uncage the Menagerie which is more creature focused, or some of the Transmute effects like Dimir House Guard or Dimir Infiltrator which tutor for a specific CMC
Deadly Tempest - I'd recommend that you take this card out. It seems that as a creature focused deck, you are almost always going to be suffering the most from this board wipe. Other alternatives would be Black Sun's Zenith or just a good ol' fashioned Damnation
Migration Path - I'd recommend that you take this card out. 4 mana to put 2 basics onto the field just isn't that good unfortunately. I'd recommend changing this out for a 2 mana Rampant Growth or a 3 mana Cultivate which is being reprinted in M21. In addition to changing Migration Path to one of those options, I would add a Traverse the Outlands. Your commander guarantees that this is a 5 mana 6 land ramp. I'd probably take out Villainous Wealth to make room for this change.
I think that is a good start! I actually have a Volrath, the Shapestealer commander deck which seems to have a lot of similar themes which is where I am getting inspiration from. Hope you enjoy!
1 month ago
When you blink Rats with Aminatou's -1 or Thassa each player including you gets a poison counter. Giving all your opponents a poison counter is very good with proliferate. You getting poison counters is not the end of the world because you can blink Rats 8 times and not die from poison, but this will most likely kill all your opponents if you also have proliferate. If you're affraid of dying from giving yourself poison counters then Leeches will remove them.
Proliferate is an effect that can give your opponents more poison counters as long as they have one poison counter you can proliferate that counter. You choose any number of counters when you proliferate meaning that you don't proliferate your own poison counter only your opponents. Proliferate also works with Planeswalker's loyalty counters. Aminatou in this case can do a lot more -1 if you have proliferate.
Proliferate also works with +1/+1 counters such as support from Together Forever. If you get a +1/+1 counter on Skithiryx or Blighted Agent/Plague Stinger who are powerful two drop infect creatures, then you can proliferate this counter to give the infect creature more power. Forever has interaction with blink because when you blink it you get to support 2 again.
2 months ago
Digging the first pass of the deck I would try to go all-in on the infect theme and ditch some of the +1/+1 counter focused cards. Would make the deck feel a lot more consistent in games played.
I also see some cards that give brokkos some form of evasion, its worth noting that brokkos already has a pseudo-evasion like effect by naturally having trample, which deters people from blocking anyways, I feel that the additional evasion effects via creatures to mutate onto seems a bit extra.
I reccomend removing these:
- Merfolk Skydiver - +1/+1 theme, its nice for a 5 mana proliferation sink but I feel its too clunky
- Pollenbright Druid - A one time proliferate is likely too cute for this deck
- Polukranos, Unchained - +1/+1 counter themed, I see the argument for mutating onto a huge creature with +1/+1 counters, but polukranos also shrinks really quickly
- Elusive Tormentor Flip is a nice unblockable threat, but we're winning by going to bash town with infect damage, rather than an unblockable 6/7
- Silhana Ledgewalker Another pseudo-unblockable threat.
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend I likely would only play this card with Pir, Imaginative Rascal, seems very off theme from what you're trying to do aside from giving itself counters.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald This card only gives your green creatures flash, I dont think its really worth it... otherwise I would be super on board
- Blighted Agent is a human and you cannot mutate onto it. I'm not sure if you want to keep it in the deck as an extra infect threat, or go all in on the mutate plan.
- Relic Putrescence feels way too narrow just for giving its controller a single poison counter
- Simic Ascendancy Is a +1/+1 card that I dont see as a viable backup plan
- Leyline of Anticipation It's nice casting things at instant speed but that isnt really the theme of the deck, if folks have instant speed removal they will likely use it anyways and this wont get you many bonus points
- Golgari Charm What is this for? Removing 1/1s? Brokkos has trample and your infect creatures might have 1 toughness... regenerating brokkos? Just mutate again..
Cards I would consider adding:
- Rot Wolf
- Whispering Specter
- Plague Myr
- Blackcleave Goblin
- Triumph of the Hordes
- Blackblade Reforged
Since you're looking for more Destroy effects, Card draw effects, and counter effects, consider the following:
- Beast Within
- Vines of Vastwood
- Deadly Rollick
- Phyrexian Arena
- Painful Truths
- Arcane Denial
- Curtains' Call
There are a few different land ramp spells I may play, but those are likely out of budget. For the remainder of the cuts I reccomend taking out the worst infect creatures, and possibly some of your land ramp spells
3 months ago
Cool deck. A couple of things I notice:
a) Your mana is off. Please fix it.
b) You have a Blighted Agent, yet you have no blue mana or way to get it.
Good job though. If you want to make in the late game, then I'd suggest Phyrexian Swarmlord.
3 months ago
Well, it's literally a pile of cards with no lands, making it not a decklist, and you've chosen an awfully odd hill to die on, given how many forum posts are literally just "Help, I'm losing! Here's my list!" For the sake of rules lawyering, despite only adding the pile as an exemplary aid to help answer my question about ratios, perhaps I'll list out all the cards. There's Ichor Rats, Plague Myr, Core Prowler, Blighted Agent, wait, no that one's a human. Where was I?
3 months ago
Unlife, makes sense. The mana sources might be a bit conservative for an aggro deck, and I probably don't have much room for self-mill. I think that this deck might rely a little more on Otrimi than the typical Mutate deck, ironically enough, though. A 6/6 Trampling body for 4 mana is about the best Mutate outcome for an Infect deck. It's kinda weird, because I've been listening to set reviews and whatnot, but while Parcelbeast and Sea-Dasher Octopus might be some of the best options in a non-Infect deck, mutating either on top of a Cystbearer is a worse end result for the deck's strategy than something derpy like a Cavern Whisperer. I feel really weird thinking of Flensermite being better than Blighted Agent or Spinebiter on account of the same reasoning.
3 months ago
Infect. Do it. You know you wanna. Mutate a 6/6 onto Blighted Agent. Get some value out of that Ichor Rats and Viridian Corrupter. Eat a whole board with Flesh-Eater Imp. Dump your library into your graveyard, then make Corpse Cur and Otrimi bring both pieces back.