|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
- Gain control of all creatures with power 4 or greater until end of turn. Untap those creatures. They gain haste until end of turn.
- Gain control of all creatures with power 3 or less until end of turn. Untap those creatures. They gain haste until end of turn.
Mob Rule Discussion
4 weeks ago
Hey! I built a budget Black Rose deck and, you're right, it is hard to win! The throne mechanic can be really restrictive. I think it's important to remember Marchesa wants to be aggro. Flayer of the Hatebound is the closest you can get to combo (with Marchesa, burning people for 9 at each end step). So make an enemy... try to kill someone ASAP. Dethrone other players only if you have a way to nuke your life, on-demand +1/+1 counters, or board that can 1-2-shot someone.
You need more creatures. At least 28.
If you want to win consistently, I'd play more stax pieces like Sadistic Hypnotist , Oona's Blackguard , Noxious Toad , etc. Maybe even Specter tribal with the likes of Sedraxis Specter . You really want to slow your opponents down and secure your board; like how Boros aggro needs Armageddon .
Purphoros, God of the Forge wins games.
I would consider cutting...
Altar of Dementia ... any other engine on a stick is better.
I might add...
Plaguecrafter ... all-star.
Shifting Shadow ... great engine in Marchesa.
Breath of Fury ... extra combats will win.
Puppeteer Clique ... fun theft.
Grave Titan ... you might just need some pricey 1-card houses.
Curse of Stalked Prey ... ignore the Throne.
Sidisi, Undead Vizier ... tutor.
Fleshwrither ... maybe?
Whip of Erebos ... to combo with "Pay life:" ...or some other life gain.
2 months ago
precociousapprentice I can see what you're saying, that's the kind of thing my playgroup would try and take advantage of. I've been looking at Grab the Reins and Mob Rule as similar effects to Word of Seizing, but I feel like they're a bit overcosted. Also do you think I need more protection for my commander? Atm the pillowfort elements really help, but she is still a big target for single removal once I get a lot of advantage out of her.
2 months ago
Finally another worthy pirate. I found Adaptation taking a lot of heat, unjustly, in my meta. Which, if I'm honest, ended up being a "winmore" card with the likes of Insurrection and Mob Rule . At this point edits and tuning this deck are few and far between.
3 months ago
I'm in the process of brewing a new EDH deck around the recently released Anje Falkenrath precon deck. I would like to somewhat keep the Madness theme but I would like to try my hand at using cards like Karn, the Great Creator , Mastermind's Acquisition , and Burning Wish that can retrieve cards from the little known 10 card sideboard you have for commander. I have some ideas but I still wanted to see if this list I have could be improved upon. Anyway, here's the 10 sideboard cards I was leaning toward right now.
Ruination bomb against multi-colored decks
Leyline of the Void anti-recursion
The Immortal Sun anti-superfriends
Painful Quandary Control and infinite combo hate
Thought Distortion My favorite counter control card
Mob Rule A game winner with creature heavy decks
In Garruk's Wake A potential win con
Ob Nixilis, Unshackled anti-tutor card
Whip of Erebos Best black lifegain card
Anyway, that's the 10 I'm leaning toward right now. I think you see that I'm looking for the best "bomb" cards in red, black, and colorless that will shutdown certain commander archetypes but in the mainboard, they would just sacrifice versatility and consistency. Those are the kind of suggestions I'm looking for if that makes sense.
7 months ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
7 months ago
I'm glad my two cents worth could help your decision. I didn't realize how good Rhythm would be in Thromak until holding a freshly pulled copy in my hand, wondering if any of my decks wanted it. As soon as I thought of the hungry hellion, I was super stoked. I haven't actually gotten to play with the deck since adding it, but I expect it will be useful.
Earlier suggestions included effects that steal opponents' creatures; I run several myself. However, all I run are sorceries ( Insurrection , Mass Mutiny , Mob Rule ) and an instant ( Grab the Reins , which also can also be a second Fling ). Captivating Crew sounds like a great idea, and one I might try to work into my build. Other creature - based options include Zealous Conscripts , Conquering Manticore and Molten Primordial , but they're much more mana intensive. Since you're thinking about using elves to ramp anyway, this might not be an issue for you.
While searching up creatures that stole those of your opponents, Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor popped up. I think this may be a card for us both to consider, as it gives creatures upon death and plays nicely with trample.
I second the suggestion of Awakening Zone and From Beyond as repeatable sources of mana or sac fodder, as need be. I run both, though I have no targets for the tutor effect on the latter. (Well, I mean, Blisterpod , technically, but I don't foresee myself searching that up too often...).
I hadn't thought about turning lands to creatures so they can feed Thromak, but that's something I'll have to look into. I run Dryad Arbor for that purpose; not sure why I didn't think about Living Lands , etc.
8 months ago
Strangelove, Thanks for the compliment! I'll be sure to check your deck out too! I ran Flayer of the Hatebound when I was testing the deck out to see if I wanted to put any money into it. I like how it performs, but the mana cost is pretty steep. It also only counts if the creatures come from my graveyard, whereas Marchesa, the Black Rose usually takes creatures from my opponents' graveyards. Similar deal with Geralf's Mindcrusher . Really cool card, but the cost is a little too steep for the effect. Think I might need to add that one to my The Scarab God deck though, so thanks for the recommendation.
Brine Shaman is pretty cool, but I dislike the fact that I have to tap it to sac a creature. I try to keep my sac outlets repeatable, in case I need to evacuate my field for whatever reason.
Molten Primordial was alright when I first played the deck, but the cost wasn't worth the effect. More often than not, only one or two players have creatures worth stealing. Tried Mob Rule and wasn't a fan of the performance it gave. Maybe I was using it wrong.
Abyssal Gatekeeper , Fleshbag Marauder & Co. are great for keeping opponents' fields empty, but that isn't necessarily what I want. I steal my opponent's Sun Titan (or whatever) using Portent of Betrayal (or another stealing card), swing at the opponent with the highest life total to trigger Marchesa, the Black Rose 's Dethrone ability, sac Sun Titan to the Phyrexian Altar , Ashnod's Altar , etc., and then the Sun Titan is mine for keeps! I do make thorough use of the Abyssal Gatekeeper , Fleshbag Marauder , etc. in my Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck, and they're absolutely great in that one! Just not too sure if they fit the theme here.
Graft seems like a neat idea, but I'm not sure if it'd fit in with the rest of the deck too well. Cytoplast Manipulator would be the only Graft card I might consider. It seems pretty fragile, to be honest.
Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I'll be sure to check out your deck and see if I can make any recommendations as well.
Mob Rule occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%