|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Fate Reforged (FRF)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Choose one —
- Gain control of all creatures with power 4 or greater until end of turn. Untap those creatures. They gain haste until end of turn.
- Gain control of all creatures with power 3 or less until end of turn. Untap those creatures. They gain haste until end of turn.
Mob Rule Discussion
1 month ago
- Nyxborn Shieldmate for Boros Reckoner both better creatures and reckoner works amazing with lightmines if u decide to add it
- Palace Guard for Archetype of Aggression
- Darksteel Plate for Whispersilk Cloak since your guys are invincible anyways. this also deters them from being targeted.. boardwipes will still work though.
- Stoneforge Masterwork for Tenza, Godo's Maul if up u this on ur commander hes a 10/7 menance with trample, seems like a better piece
- Armory of Iroas - Sunforger costs a few more mana but u have alot of tricks u can pull out of it for free late game
- Staff of Nin for Mind's Eye
- Avacyn's Collar for Spear of Heliod upgrades all ur doods and makes people scared to attack you
- Manalith for Commander's Sphere an upgrade
- Act of Treason for Faithless Looting card draw with flashback seems always good
- Mass Mutiny - Mob Rule seems like an upgrade
- Miraculous Recovery - Settle the Wreckage amazing board wipe, can really put you ahead. if not interested in a board wipe id suggest maybe a single target removal like Chaos Warp . i feel like you need ways to deal with high pressure threats
- Pay No Heed - Deflecting Palm
- Righteousness for Fight to the Death i know these two cards arent related, but how hilarious would it be to cast this when someone else is combating another player, basically can wipe two players boards if timed proper. if u would prefer to keep a combat trick here i would suggest maybe Gods Willing or something that does not require the creature to be blocking
- Smite - Ride Down
- Warleader's Helix - Savage Beating or Ajani Vengeant i feel helix doesnt provide enough value, for removal it is very weak , if u want good removal to replace this instead of a threats i listed, i would consider Oblivion Ring type cards
- Martial Glory - Boros Charm charm is must include, so much value! protect from boardwipes including land destruction! removal or maybe boost ur commander after blocks with a double strike if some1 is already been hit once and hello 21 commander dmg
2 months ago
I'm glad my two cents worth could help your decision. I didn't realize how good Rhythm would be in Thromak until holding a freshly pulled copy in my hand, wondering if any of my decks wanted it. As soon as I thought of the hungry hellion, I was super stoked. I haven't actually gotten to play with the deck since adding it, but I expect it will be useful.
Earlier suggestions included effects that steal opponents' creatures; I run several myself. However, all I run are sorceries ( Insurrection , Mass Mutiny , Mob Rule ) and an instant ( Grab the Reins , which also can also be a second Fling ). Captivating Crew sounds like a great idea, and one I might try to work into my build. Other creature - based options include Zealous Conscripts , Conquering Manticore and Molten Primordial , but they're much more mana intensive. Since you're thinking about using elves to ramp anyway, this might not be an issue for you.
While searching up creatures that stole those of your opponents, Varchild, Betrayer of Kjeldor popped up. I think this may be a card for us both to consider, as it gives creatures upon death and plays nicely with trample.
I second the suggestion of Awakening Zone and From Beyond as repeatable sources of mana or sac fodder, as need be. I run both, though I have no targets for the tutor effect on the latter. (Well, I mean, Blisterpod , technically, but I don't foresee myself searching that up too often...).
I hadn't thought about turning lands to creatures so they can feed Thromak, but that's something I'll have to look into. I run Dryad Arbor for that purpose; not sure why I didn't think about Living Lands , etc.
2 months ago
Strangelove, Thanks for the compliment! I'll be sure to check your deck out too! I ran Flayer of the Hatebound when I was testing the deck out to see if I wanted to put any money into it. I like how it performs, but the mana cost is pretty steep. It also only counts if the creatures come from my graveyard, whereas Marchesa, the Black Rose usually takes creatures from my opponents' graveyards. Similar deal with Geralf's Mindcrusher . Really cool card, but the cost is a little too steep for the effect. Think I might need to add that one to my The Scarab God deck though, so thanks for the recommendation.
Brine Shaman is pretty cool, but I dislike the fact that I have to tap it to sac a creature. I try to keep my sac outlets repeatable, in case I need to evacuate my field for whatever reason.
Molten Primordial was alright when I first played the deck, but the cost wasn't worth the effect. More often than not, only one or two players have creatures worth stealing. Tried Mob Rule and wasn't a fan of the performance it gave. Maybe I was using it wrong.
Abyssal Gatekeeper , Fleshbag Marauder & Co. are great for keeping opponents' fields empty, but that isn't necessarily what I want. I steal my opponent's Sun Titan (or whatever) using Portent of Betrayal (or another stealing card), swing at the opponent with the highest life total to trigger Marchesa, the Black Rose 's Dethrone ability, sac Sun Titan to the Phyrexian Altar , Ashnod's Altar , etc., and then the Sun Titan is mine for keeps! I do make thorough use of the Abyssal Gatekeeper , Fleshbag Marauder , etc. in my Meren of Clan Nel Toth deck, and they're absolutely great in that one! Just not too sure if they fit the theme here.
Graft seems like a neat idea, but I'm not sure if it'd fit in with the rest of the deck too well. Cytoplast Manipulator would be the only Graft card I might consider. It seems pretty fragile, to be honest.
Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I'll be sure to check out your deck and see if I can make any recommendations as well.
3 months ago
If I were to build a Goblin EDH deck, my starting point would be Zada, Hedron Grinder (as commander) and a range of attack boosters like Sure Strike . As I see things, you really need a lot of card-draw to make this type of deck work. A few artifacts that you can tap for added card-draw could be rather useful. The effects of cards like Harsh Mentor and Zo-Zu the Punisher would add an extra dimension to your deck ( Chandra, Torch of Defiance might fit in here). Then there are cards that are standard in any Goblin deck ( Goblin Piledriver and Goblin Dark-Dwellers etc.) and cards that are fairly standard in any mono-red deck ( Blood Moon , Mob Rule , Beacon of Destruction ?, Soul-Scar Mage etc.).
There are a few cards in your build that seem to stand out as cards that add very little to the deck ( Splinter Twin , Lightning Crafter , Goblin Welder , Thornbite Staff and Goblin Bombardment seem to stand out the most).
I am sure that I am missing a few cards that could be game-changers. I don't play EDH very often, but I find it useful to haul out your EDH deck every few weeks, add in cards that might work in the deck, then think carefully about what you can do without.
4 months ago
Here's a version I made for under $30: Black Rose [Budget]
It's a got a huge pool in the maybeboard, check it out.
No one mentioned Flayer of the Hatebound . Auto-include, imo. With a sac engine, it does at least 9 damage at the end of each turn (36+ damage by your next upkeep)!
Geralf's Mindcrusher similarly mills 10-40.
Brine Shaman is cool.
Graft: I feel like Graft + Sac Engine + Marchesa is very strong. The only way your opponents can clear this combo is to waste a ton of removal (3+ to remove Marchesa), or wait for your Graft trigger (if you overextend your combo). Vigean Graftmage protects Marchesa immediately on turn 4. They're also good fodder, like anything with Undying, to feed things like Altar of Dementia once each turn.
4 months ago
Theater of Horrors looks like it could be great card draw with the commander as her own card draw ability has a cheaper activation and hits for more damage. Pay and essentially draw 2 plus deal 2 life loss seems good plus you can always go back and continue to play exiled cards from the Theater as long as it stays play.
Curses typically aren't great cards [hasn't stopped me from putting a curse subtheme into my vampire deck] but maybe Curse of Death's Hold to gain a combat advantage vs one opponent.
6 months ago
Mob Rule occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%