|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Amonkhet (AKH)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Human Warrior
If Combat Celebrant hasn't been exerted this turn, you may exert it as it attacks. When you do, untap all other creatures you control and after this phase, there is an additional combat phase. (An exerted creature can't untap during your next untap step.)
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Combat Celebrant Discussion
4 days ago
Love the concept, this feels so cool!
Some suggestions I think could fit there and make the list even more reliable:
- Phyrexian Reclamation > busted card. In any creature-heavy decklist like yours with some sacrifice strategy, it's a staple.
- Attrition > another busted card. Fine sac outlet.
- Priest of Forgotten Gods > slow card - high rewards. I really like this one alongside both boots and greaves. It's not the best sac outlet ever seen, but it greatly helps with the Aristocrat theme.
- Vindictive Vampire (not updated on Tappedout yet) > another brand new awesome card! It is a better Falkenrath Noble , specially designed for EDH. I expect it to be one of the strongest cards from the new set for EDH, as it doesn't need to set-up your combo in order to become devastating.
- Anger > gives haste to your rats for even more pressure.
- Pack Rat > obviously excellent there.
- Marrow-Gnawer > the classical ''Rat'' Commander. Nice with a haste enabler: it creates Rats token, works like sac outlet... just everything you want.
- Insult / Injury > good to find a lethal, but also acts as a fine removal card. Could be a nice inclusion, according to your preferences though.
- Anvil of Bogardan > an old artifact I like a lot. Not so many plays it, but I feel like it always is a really good card if you want to play with your graveyard a bit. You draw an extra card, discard a Rat, uses some enchantment/ Living Death ability to bring back your bois on the battlefield, etc. Honestly, I see it as a staple.
- The Immortal Sun > Both Liliana and Angrath aren't that good here imo. Liliana works as a pretty 'meh' ramp tool and is barely better than a Thaumatic Compass Flip (which won't fit at all in this decklist). Angrath is more flexible and efficient, but its abilities don't justify its mana-cost. Running Immortal Sun will help you to slow down sometimes your opponents, provides you fine card draw (which is always good), and finally make your rats cheaper as well as stronger.
A bunch of cards that could be destructive powerhouses, but which would demand some interesting take on your deckbuilding:
- Patriarch's Bidding > with (for example) some cards like Secret Salvage + Zombie Infestation , it enables crazy combos. It's better than Living Death for tribal decks, but I would say that you should run both of em.
- Anthem of Rakdos > very slow but oppressive card when you manage to take up board advantage. I would argue that this is better than Havoc Festival in this brew.
- Hazoret's Favor > one of the most shunned cards of Amonketh I think has a lot of potentials to exploit. You could run Combat Celebrant alongside/or Aggravated Assault .
I hope the small list above will give new ideas to explore. Keep on the good work and enjoy brewing!
4 days ago
My best suggestion is Sundial of the Infinite This turns anything temporary into something permanent. Exile at end of turn become "keep forever". Steal until end of turn becomes "Keep Forever". Anything that ruins your turn like cyclonic rift counter it with sundial.
- Draw: Mono red is difficult to come across draw you usually either have to wheel or rely on artifacts here are a few of my favorites.
- Endless Atlas
- Infiltration Lens
- Mask of Memory
- Culling Dais
Steal: Red does not have a lot of good removal but it's great at stealing stuff. My favorite strategy is steal and then kill whatever you stole by sacrificing it.
- Conquering Manticore
- Zealous Conscripts Goes infinite Kiki or Splinter twin also great with blade of selves removing the biggest threat.
- Mass Mutiny
- Captivating Crew
Insurrection end the game or steal it all then kill it all for an explosive second Main phase
Copy & Tokens: cards that can create copies of your stuff.
- Blade of Selves Create 3 tokens instead of just one and can repeat.
- Splinter Twin a second kiki
- Feldon of the Third Path
- Mirror March not yet released but keep your eyes on it.
- Mimic Vat
Life & Fight & Death: Great creatures for you to copy.
- Combat Celebrant Goes infinite with kiki and splinter twin
- Balefire Dragon
- Wurmcoil Engine
- Thermopod free sac outlet or mana
- Fellwar Stone Better then a few of the rocks you have.
- Caged Sun
- Pyromancer's Goggles
- Ruby Medallion
- Rogue's Passage
- Maze of Ith Protect your key attacker or protect yourself
- Gratuitous Violence Only doubles your damage
- Disrupt Decorum
- Grenzo, Havoc Raiser
- Basalt Monolith Goes infinite with rings of brighthearth
- Breath of Fury Goes infinite with Raka
- Ben-Ben, Akki Hermit Goes infinite with thornbite staff
- Nim Deathmantle Goes infinite with ashnod's altar and raka
Have fun going through and choosing stuff from the list and worst part of all cuts in your own deck.
1 week ago
Hey, extra combats during your turn is good with Brass. Each combat during your turn you can attack a different opponent. Then at your end step you gain control of a permanent of each of your opponents who you did combat damage to. Arcane Adaptation makes any creature you steal from your opponents with Brass a Pirate, meaning you can then attack next turn with that creature to help to trigger Brass. Consider also adding some cards to give your Pirates constant evasion? With constant evasion they can more easily do combat damage to your opponents.
Cards to consider adding:
- Aggravated Assault: repeatable way to have extra combats each turn.
- World at War
- Combat Celebrant
- Goblin War Drums: give Pirates menace.
- Cover of Darkness: give Pirates fear.
- Levitation: give Pirates flying.
- Filth: combine this with Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth to make Pirates unblockable with swampwalk.
Good luck with your deck.
3 weeks ago
I see three possible additions that would be something to consider
Combat Celebrant + helm = win
Ruby Medallion because red needs ramp
Sundial of the Infinite this counters u losing the game when u play additional turn spells because u end your turn before the end step occurs
I’m going to be adding a sundial to my najeela endless combat deck as soon as I get one
3 weeks ago
I think it would be great in a couple of ways. The deck is combat-damage orientated and the buffs are until of turn. An extra attack step would function as a damage doubler, which could be cast for 'free'. I figure that when you are going off, this will have more effect than another +3/+0 spell.
I think the advantage of an extra attack step over doublestrike would be that you can reallocate the attacker to a new target. Thus, you could for example first eliminate one player and then another (in an order you choose).
If you would be able to combine an extra attack step with double strike like Temur Battle Rage or Uncaged Fury, it would be absolutely bonkers by quadrupling all damage. It might be a bit wishful thinking, however, each functions great on it's own (again, especially when going off).
On a side note: I would pick Fury Of The Horde over for example Combat Celebrant, is because it is faster, costs no mana to cast and you are going for on one shot kill anyway.
1 month ago
Thanks hkhssweiss ! So I have noticed in 3-4 player EDH, if I can't draw enough mana ramp and Uril Auras in time, the board state could very well have a few 10/10 fatties and 30 artifact tokens all pumped with +X/+X. I also consistently run out of cards in hand around turn 8. I either have a opening hand full of mana ramp and lands, or some lands and great auras, but for those times when I can't win early game, I need to Day of Judgment or Constant Mists. Even if I get Uril souped up, my opponents find way to bounce/sacrifice/prevent any creatures to attack.
I am trying to find the balance of: play enough ramp/aura draw cards so then I can swing before anyone has a chance, therefore I don't need to reset the board VS take a few more turns to draw for those game-winning cards, but in trade draw a wrath that may control the board to justify my taking a few more turns. I have lost to tokens/fatties damage after swinging with Uril at one person and not able to kill ALL players, so I have found that I need some way to survive another turn and keep Uril on the field.
I am planning to buy Sylvan Library (on my SCG shopping cart), and Hunter's Insight definitely syncs with Uril swinging ANYTIME (or even a turn 1 Serra Ascendant, which I have Aura'd up turn 3-5 and won.
Sage's Reverie is conditional like Daybreak Coronet, but for , I get some card draw out of it and vanilla "+X/+X damage". At most I have seen Uril with 4-5 enchantments and I already can kill someone at that point, so I don't know if it's the best 4 mana for (at most in my situation) 4-5 cards.
Every time I think about adding the enchantresses, I can't think of what I would take out. Manalith is already covered by Darksteel Ingot, Eldrazi Conscription is win more, Boros Garrison, Selesnya Sanctuary, and Gruul Turf bounce a land, but they still produce 1 more than Rith's Grove, so maybe I'll lose the Rith's. Acidic Slime is great with the deathtouch and destroy x, so it's a good blocker AND can take back an Aura Graft'ed mana reflection.
Blessing of the Nephilim and Ethereal Armor are great vanilla damage boosters. Blessing adds a guaranteed +3/+3, while Ethereal on it's own gives +1/+1 and first strike, but will need 2 other attached auras to add the +3/+3 that Blessing gives. Now Uril isn't swinging with only an Ethereal armor, so as long as Uril has 2 other enchantments, we get the equivalent damage, AND first strike. Having both on Uril would total +9/+9 for Uril for only , but without a trample Rancor or Shield of the Oversoul, I'm not swinging for lethal yet nor getting damage past blockers.
What I do want to consider is adding in more cards that give extra combat phases like Aggravated Assault. Maybe Seize the Day or World at War since they have flashback/rebound, or Combat Celebrant since it's only , but it has to survive a turn on the field.
I recently mainboarded Sigarda, Host of Herons since I hate sacrificing an indestructible Uril, and I can always Aura up Sigarda and swing, but I may consider swapping sigarda out for Tajuru Preserver since it's cheaper for the same 'prevent sacrificing' effect and can be cast early game, but I lose a hexproof flying swinger.
I also mainboarded Pariah as an alt way to prevent/redirect damage. I slap it on an opponent's indestructible or fat creature and now they have to either destroy the aura or remove their own creature before being able to deal damage to me. I know I could run creatures that "when damage is dealt to it, do X", but I would have to have both of those cards on hand to get the benefit, and unless I made it indestructible, it's only giving me utility 1 turn. Ghostly Prison also deters tokens/weenies from swinging at me since the opponent can't pay for all of them, and mana-strapped opponents with large creatures may want to save their mana and instead swing at the other opponent. I kept an opponent from swinging his fatty at me with my Soul Snare and I had a Moment's Peace in hand for the next turn after I popped soul snare.
Any thoughts on cards I can cut/replace?
1 month ago
Zurgo is definitely a fun commander to play, I would recommend going for the aggro/voltron route. Cards that give Zurgo himself double strike or extra combats for set up. Here might be some cards that can be considered: Seize the Day, Sigarda's Aid, Combat Celebrant, Silverblade Paladin, Arashin Foremost, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Temur Battle Rage, World at War, Duelist's Heritage, Dictate of the Twin Gods, Ajani, Caller of the Pride
Cards I would recommend cutting would be: Resolute Archangel, Plaguecrafter, Opaline Unicorn, Howling Golem, Fleshbag Marauder, Miraculous Recovery, Risk Factor, Smelt, Hazoret's Undying Fury, Impale, Mind Rot, Repeating Barrage, Rise from the Grave, Shadow Slice, Walk the Plank, Arcane Encyclopedia...oh man there is actually quite a bit...
The most important thing to see when deck building is what is your main goal of your deck? After that it's how to achieve you goal or gameplan. Than add cards to support your game plan. For your Zurgo deck, I would recommend adding in more cheap ramp, removal spells, card draw, than protection. The cards I suggested earlier should be under $5 at most and should be affordable to get.
Hope that helps and feel free to ask for any advice!