|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Champions of Kamigawa (CHK)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper
Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper enters the battlefield tapped.
Tap, Pay 2 life: Add (2) to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to play legendary spells.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper Discussion
2 weeks ago
From Mtg Stocks:
Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper: Was 50 cents. Spiked to $19, the dropped to about $10, where it's at now.
Reki, the History of Kamigawa went from $5 to $14, then dropped to ~$10
Both of those are because of the new legendary planeswalker rule.
2 weeks ago
Anyways went 2/3 today and won 2x Fatal Push, both wins were by turn 3. Only game I lost was due to a Stasis lock and me missing my own land untaps from Rising Waters due to not catching that the untap is on upkeep... lesson learned (RTFC) and it won't happen again. Also added Reconnaissance to combat the inability to untap.
3 weeks ago
ZOMG, has anyone noticed the price of Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper?
It was ~$0.40, but now it's ~$12.00 (for NM) or higher.
3 weeks ago
I was just looking to see what things could be done when walkers become legendary. For the uninformed once ixalan drops planeswalkers will retroactively become legendary and the walker uniqueness rule will go away.
The cards this effects that I could find are Mirror Gallery, Yomiji, Who Bars the Way , Captain Sisay, Empress Galina, Honor-Worn Shaku, Minamo, School at Water's Edge, Reki, the History of Kamigawa, Thalia's Lancers, and Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper
This will be a major power boost I think to decks with those legends. The honor worn shaku is cool, free mana since I have never seen a use in tapping walkers before without getting really weird.
Anyone else got some gears turning because of this change?
3 weeks ago
As other have mentioned, with the rules change to legendary planeswalkers, several cards may become useful.
- Captain Sisay, to tutor a planeswalker every turn
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, a Sol land for legends and now planeswalkers
- Reki, the History of Kamigawa, to turn 'walkers into cantrips
Some other 'walker synergies:
- Djeru, With Eyes Open - planeswalker tutor and protection
- Heart of Kiran - offers a very efficient attacker that survives creature board wipes
I hope this advice was useful to you.
3 weeks ago
So probably the most important change in this set:
Planeswalkers are now legendary permanents, meaning they're subject to all the same rules as other legendary permanents. From WotC Mothership:
Under the new rules, if a player controls more than one legendary planeswalker with the same name, that player chooses one and puts the other into their owner's graveyard. This means that if you control Jace, Unraveler of Secrets and cast Jace, Cunning Castaway, both Jaces can exist under your control.
Personally, I'm not really a fan. The main impact will be in Standard. WotC was smart enough to wait for all the Gideons to be cycled out, which is good.
I liked the limitation before where you had to consider which version of planeswalkers you wanted during deck construction. With this change, you can now jam multiple of the same planeswalker type with zero repercussions. I'm not exactly excited to sit across the table from Liliana of the Veil, Liliana, the Last Hope, and Liliana, Defiant Necromancer Flip just to get shit on even more.
Or worse, Nissas ramping into more Nissas.
Yeah, I'm not really all that excited.
The following are also impacted by this change:
- Captain Sisay
- Empress Galina
- Honor-Worn Shaku
- Mirror Gallery
- Reki, the History of Kamigawa
- Thalia's Lancers
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper
- Yomiji, Who Bars the Way
I doubt you'll be able to speculate on any of them now that the change is official, but pick them up for cheap if you can.
6 months ago
I don't know your budget, but I'll try to make suggestions regardless...
- Forest -> Dryad Arbor. This is always a good idea when you are running Gaea's Cradle.
- More fetch lands! The Khans fetches are not that expensive comparatively to some of the stuff you already have in this deck and the zendikar one's are getting reprinted in MM2. I highly suggest you pick some up.
- Eight-and-a-Half-Tails -> Phyrexian Revoker. Better and more targeted protection. It is not tutorable, but Eight-and-a-Half-Tails doesn't do much to begin with.
- Glissa Sunseeker/Darien, King of Kjeldor/Sigarda, Heron's Grace/Melira, Sylvok Outcast/Myojin of Life's Web -> Arbor Elf/Fyndhorn Elves/Llanowar Elves/Priest of Titania/Birds of Paradise. The aforementioned are just underwhelming as legends, you would just be better off with non-legendary mana accelerators in these spots to ramp you into an early Sisay or a meaningful legend.
- Dragonlord Dromoka -> Dosan the Falling Leaf. Strictly better version of Dromoka due to the significantly lower CMC.
- Rune-Tail, Kitsune Ascendant -> Hope of Ghirapur. Your creatures are mostly giant, so what does this card really do for you? To further the point, one of the first creatures you should be tutoring for is Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite anyways! A lockdown effect is going to do you better in this slot.
- Ghostly Prison -> Sanctum Prelate. Ghostly Prison is mostly a control card for strategies with lower creature counts....you have 38 creatures. Again a card that hinders your opponents is going to be better here.
- Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper -> Ancient Tomb. Less restrictive card that serves the same purpose.
- Explore -> Scavenging Ooze. You should not need as much ramp especially with all of the mana elves I suggested previously. Plus mana elves will be much more consistent than the top of your library, so why not another hoser for your opponents? =]
- Burgeoning -> Eldritch Evolution. You should not need both Burgeoning and Explore and IMO Explore is the better card. Eldritch Evolution is a fantastic tutor that will allow you to get your higher end cards into play quicker.
- Privileged Position -> Green Sun's Zenith. Again you should not need both Asceticism and position. Asceticism is the better card IMO. Adding GSZ adds more consistency to the deck as all tutors do.
- Azusa, Lost but Seeking -> Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger. With 35 lands you are almost never going to be able to consistently use Azusa's ability to it's full effect, so why not add one of the best win con's in the game instead - Eldrazi.
- Selvala's Stampede -> Sylvan Library. You should always have either library or top in your EDH deck unless you have some effect that lets you consistently draw an absurd amount of cards. Selvala's stampede effect seems pretty "meh" for it's CMC.
- Yeva, Nature's Herald -> Grasp of Fate. I do not think Yeva's effect is potent enough to warrant being in this list. One of the best utility cards in the format will do nicely in this spot.
Cards that may be out of your budget...
Idk how competitive your meta is but you could include these combo's...
- Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite + Living Plane
- Paradox Engine + Concordant Crossroads/Thousand-Year Elixir + Aetherflux Reservoir + mana creature + Cloudstone Curio
Hope this helps!
9 months ago
If you're willing to change colours, and you should consider adding green, Captain Sisay, Day of Destiny, Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper, Yomiji, Who Bars the Way, Reki, the History of Kamigawa, Kitsune Healer, Heroes' Podium, Helm of Kaldra, Shield of Kaldra, Sword of Kaldra! This is just from a Sisay EDH deck.
Willow Satyr Just cruelly steals legends.