|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Promo Set (000)||None|
Combos Browse all
Creature — Angel
Flying At the beginning of each combat choose first strike, vigilance or lifelink. Creatures you control gain that ability until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (36)||Wazerwifle , Supremespeed , TheAlmostHero , jstn.mrrtt , Venser_the_Sojoner , Dr_Jay , Feyd-Rautha , nakni , Fairseas , Fineontheoutside , AllDayTayTay , TThors , Stryfe_ , mazrimtaim , Wolfebladeelite , beatdown36 , saj0219 , webdokkeren , twistedmage , sonnet666 , Swamy , EliGjerdingen , accioali , Crimson6 , plof , MonoRedBomb.Com , Famicomania , joshw335 , thetechzombie , sombrevivo , Suns_Champion , The_Munchkin , ShishkyBob , Caldazar , NivStormfront , Va1mar|
|Want (11)||sleepy104 , akahele_ehu , HehaGardenHoe , Talonisnthavingit , Artius , rhinoloupe , Kalanmazoo , Sigmafie , RynBiffy , cwaquil , loganbowers|
Angelic Skirmisher Discussion
3 weeks ago
Suggestions: Archangel of Tithes, Angelic Arbiter, Angelic Field Marshal, Baneslayer Angel, Emeria Shepherd, Bruna, the Fading Light + Gisela, the Broken Blade , Angel of Serenity, Angelic Skirmisher, Mass Calcify, Swords to Plowshares, Linvala, Keeper of Silence, Cultivate, Mirari's Wake, Asceticism, Return to Dust, Admonition Angel, Archangel of Thune, Resolute Archangel, Deathless Angel, Karmic Guide, Somberwald Sage, Elvish Piper, Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite, Krosan Grip, Heroic Intervention, Enlightened Tutor, Worldly Tutor, Green Sun's Zenith, Rampant Growth, Terminus, Lightning Greaves, Gilded Lotus, Thran Dynamo, and Akroma's Memorial.
3 weeks ago
There is also always the option to just give your creature vigilance via Akroma's Memorial, Always Watching , Angelic Field Marshal, Angelic Skirmisher, Brave the Sands, Heliod, God of the Sun, Oathsworn Giant, or Serra's Guardian (there were more of those than I anticipated and not all are good, but i was committed by the time i realized how many there were.
Deck seems to want built in Jeskai, so I suggest Ruhan of the Fomori at the helm.
1 month ago
Thanks! Aggro and Control are definitely things that you don't see together too often.
Aluren would be good, my walls have low cmc and come in powerful. I also wouldn't have to worry about completely running out of resources because of Arcades. Vizier of the Menagerie could help, I'll think about it.
I'm not really sure about Door of Destinies, Kindred Discovery, and Descendants' Path. With door I'm worried about boosting so much that I still die to my board wipes, I feel like I have enough card draw without Kindred Discovery, I also worry about burying spells I might need with Descendants' Path.
Archangel of Strife is a good idea, with "peace" mode my walls essentially get +3/+3. Angelic Skirmisher is good too; I can enable vigilance if I don't have it, or give my walls some other advantages.
Thanks for the suggestions! If you have any idea what cuts I could make to include from my maybe board then go ahead and suggest them.
1 month ago
Your deck looks pretty good for aggro-control.
Noetic Scales should be really strong since your creatures won't get bounced due to their low power and your card draw, while you totally disrupt opponents. Stoic Angel and Derevi, Empyrial Tactician can help you pursue a stax strategy.
Aluren is really powerful since most of your walls have low CMC, whereas you aren't worried about low CMC creatures your opponents might have.
Vizier of the Menagerie could help you cycle through your deck really fast.
4 months ago
I like the deck over all. I think it's pretty neat that your deck has an underlying "angel tribal" sub-theme to it. If you would like to expand that theme a bit then you could focus on more tribal synergies as well, like adding Bruna, the Fading Light and Herald of War. Also in your cat deck you have Herald's Horn and Urza's Incubator which I believe are better suited for this deck.
The big problem I am seeing with this deck overall is that your instants and sorcerys are a bit lacking, especially for red white, and your creature mana curve is really high. Some of the mana problems go away with the amount of rocks you run and if you switch to tribal angels you can use the artifacts and Herald of War to alleviate that a bit. Another problem is that most of your lands enter tapped.
To fix these things you could do as such (if you have the money or desire to):
-Desolation Giant (you're better off with a normal wrath)
-Jareth, Leonine Titan (doesn't have flying or reach which makes him worse)
-Kalemne's Captain (to much mana. If you have enough to monstrous, play an angel)
-Ancient Amphitheater (you wont be running enough giants for this to be worth it)
-Comeuppance (4 drop instant is a lot in this deck)
-Manabarbs (I like the idea, but you will need to tap many more lands than anyone else)
-Loxodon Warhammer (Great card, but not really useful in this high cost deck)
-Tamiyo's Journal (Too slow for this deck)
-Whispersilk Cloak (Most of your creatures already have flying)
+Seraph Sanctuary (life gain is nice & angel synergy)
+Defy Death (5 mana for an angel)
+Marshal's Anthem (anthems and brings back a bunch of creatures)
Other cards you might want to think about:There are plenty of other possible angels to add. The list is to big to add here, so look online if you are interested.
Path to Exile is great if you have a spare.
Wear is good, but it's a couple bucks.
Chaos Warp would be a must add if it wasn't $3.
Wraths are good at slowing down the game for you to catch up. Cards like Hour of Revelation, Day of Judgment, Blasphemous Act, Descend upon the Sinful, Rout, and Fumigate are all pretty good examples.
Vandalblast is a good artifact wrath.
Kindred Boon might be a sweet enchantment to check out.
Gratuitous Violence is right up this decks ally.
Berserkers' Onslaught is pretty cool as well.
Hope this helped.
elgosu1337 on Angel
6 months ago
Emeria Shepherd is great for bringing back angels that died. Reya Dawnbringer is also good if you can skip the casting cost with Kaalia's ability. Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Angelic Skirmisher help a lot with combat.
6 months ago
6 months ago
Uril is awesome and I think you've done a good job on this deck. I have some ideas to make it even better. I am not sure whether you are on a budget; judging from some of the cards you have already chosen I rather doubt it. Anyway, these are some of the cards I think could prove useful:
- Contested Cliffs; use this to take out any annoying creature you want, without having to tap Uril.
- Kessig Wolf Run; to temporarily give Uril +X/+0 and trample, very handy.
- Rogue's Passage; make Uril unblockable. Useful in case your opponents are waiting for him with deathtouch-creatures.
- Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion; to temporarily give Uril double-strike, in case he does not have it already.
- Slayers' Stronghold; boost Uril with vigilance, haste and +2/+0 for ? Fantastic!
- Grand Abolisher; wonderful creature to counteract counter-magic.
- Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist; as long as she can attack, shes an extremely useful creature in a voltron setup.
- Sigarda, Host of Herons; second Tajuru Preserver and a powerful creature too.
- Xenagos, God of Revels; combined with an enchanted Uril, powerful enough to end games.
- Boros Charm; especially the last two abilities of this spell will prove useful in your deck.
- Path to Exile; because a deck without counter spells AND point-removal is bound for trouble.
- Swords to Plowshares; see 2.
- Temur Battle Rage; nice, cheap way to suddenly boost Uril significantly.
- Chandra's Ignition; this can win you the game in lots of cases.
- Open the Armory; great aura-tutor.
- Three Dreams; another great aura tutor.
- Winds of Rath; this card seems made for a deck like this.
- Blessing of the Nephilim; rather cheap way to give Uril +5/+5.
- Daybreak Coronet; not a cheap card to buy, but in this deck its so powerful it's almost insane.
- Dust Corona; cheap to cast, with a nice bonus and a blockers restriction attached.
- Madcap Skills; a bit like Dust Corona, cheap, good bonus and a blockers restriction.
- Sphere of Safety; with so many enchantments on your side, attacking you becomes rather costly.
- Spirit Mantle; cheap way to make Uril unblockable.
Some cards I would remove from your deck to make a little room:
- Angelic Skirmisher; expensive to cast, not worth it considering you are running very few creatures. Uril has cheaper ways available to him to get these bonuses.
- Blazing Archon; extremely expensive to cast, there are much cheaper ways to prevent attacks (see suggested cards).
- Akroma's Memorial; expensive to cast; would be more useful in a deck that contained many (token) creatures.
- Razia's Purification; I would replace this with Winds of Rath.
Hopefully you feel some of this is useful. I wish you lots of fun with this deck; let us know how it plays! Also, I would appreciate some feedback on one of my decks, if you have the time. Thanks!