|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology (CM1)||Uncommon|
|MTG: Commander (CMD)||Uncommon|
|Planar Chaos (PLC)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
At end of turn, if no creatures are in play, sacrifice Pyrohemia.
(Red): Pyrohemia deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
22 hours ago
You have Pestilence Demon , but you dont have Pestilence nor Pyrohemia Both of these do the same thing as the demon but are cheaper and must be sacrificed if you don't have a creature out. But as long as you do, pay one mana to have 3 mana cheaper on your demons.
6 days ago
Seems you can produce plenty of mana but you don't have anything to finish the job: Exsanguinate , Torment of Hailfire , Comet Storm , Earthquake , Pyrohemia , and Pestilence are able to get you there.
Need more mana? Mana Geyser has your back.
6 days ago
This deck is amazing just what I have been looking for. Some suggestions for other fun/painful opinions. Pyrohemia , Pestilence , Lake of the Dead , Flame Rift , and Price of Progress . Thanks for making the deck I am definitely going to make this in paper.
1 week ago
I think this deck could use Pyrohemia . It works very well with Enrage creatures, especially Polyraptor . Also, I would definitely be running more land-based ramp. Cultivate and Skyshroud Claim would be good includes.
1 week ago
Alright can definitely give you some ideas than Salinas29!
Since you are playing in large pods some cards that can definitely help you would be:
- Neheb, the Eternal - Highly recommend this card!
- Etali, Primal Storm - In multiplayer pods this card is devastating!
- Vial Smasher the Fierce - Great card all around.
- Viashino Heretic - This is if you play in a artifact heavy meta.
- Twilight Prophet - Card draw and damage, love this card a lot.
- Lobber Crew - Decent effect if you have a lot of multicolored spells.
- Pyrohemia - Semi board wipe effect but also cost reducer for you.
- Pestilence - Black version of above one.
- Sunbird's Invocation - Extremely fun card to play with.
- Sarkhan's Unsealing - Can get really nasty real quick, plus low cost.
- Fiery Confluence - All modes are relevant in this deck.
- Angrath, the Flame-Chained - Control and reducer, a bit high on CMC though.
- Chandra, Torch of Defiance - An all star, ramp, reducer, and card draw.
Now for the big creatures that can provide additional utility effects, here are some cards that can be considered:
- Conduit of Ruin - Allows you to grab creatures and additional cost reducer.
- Void Winnower - Hate piece and a big filthy creature.
- Steel Hellkite - Beater that can destroy a lot of good stuff.
- Combustible Gearhulk - Card Advantage (CA) or cost reducer, win/win.
- Sandstone Oracle - Hand refill on a stick.
- Garna, the Bloodflame - Semi recursion in case of a boardwipe.
Importantly as well is to have some early game plan, ramp, CA, and utility spells. Here are some cards that can be also considered.
- Rakdos Charm
- Blasphemous Act
- Chandra's Ignition
- Go for the Throat
- Chaos Warp
- Reforge the Soul
- Phyrexian Arena
- Dark Ritual
- Culling the Weak
- Sol Ring
- Fellwar Stone
- Talisman of Indulgence
- Commander's Sphere
- Chromatic Lantern
- Mass Hysteria
The best route if you want to inflict a lot of pain is going for the big Eldrazis but I won't list them as they are quite expensive even after the reprint in UMA. If you can pick them up than definitely go for it! They are absolutely filthy creatures that would make people cry :3
Aside from that feel free to ask for any additional help, I love helping people tune their decks!
2 weeks ago
If MLD is acceptable in your playgroup you could run a few and play them when you stick a strong enchantment like Revel in Riches or Black Market to pull ahead. In that case play ones that destroy everything but enchantments like Obliterate and Decree of Annihilation.
Fervor and Goblin Assault aren't doing much for you in a control shell. I could see the need for a token producer if you were playing Smokestack and friends but on your current build it only creates a suicide grunt.
If you want to pursue the discard route I suggest Oppression, Painful Quandary, and Words of Waste, Waste Not, and Myojin of Night's Reach. If you're going for reanimator I'd suggest Anvil of Bogardan as well to get the plays going faster.
2 weeks ago
I LOVE the enrage mechanic and I have been idly sitting on a goldmine of cards that abuse it.
Also props to the original Enrager Vigor and he should be in your deck :)
Pyrohemia is a token killer, life eater, enrage enabler all in one glorious package. Sure a board wipe will make you lose it but in the meantime you can keep weenie x/1 and x/2 tokens at bay as most of your creatures have 3+ toughness,
AEther Flash is a pet card of mine and acts like a second Pyrohemia. The only problem with it is it doesn't work well with Polyraptor as it creates an infinite non-optional loop that if you or another player are unable to stop leads to a draw according to MTG rule 421.4. Thankfully Gishath doesn't force you to put all Dinos revealed into play so only a Lurking Predators like effect would cause something like this.
Lightmine Field is another enchantment that works like pillowfort card preventing players from swinging out with creatures and is yet another enrage triggering ability.Iroas, God of Victory combos quite well with this making your creatures immune the damage as well as granting menace.
3 weeks ago
Pyrohemia is quite good, maybe I'll squeeze it back in somewhere. I really like Warstorm Surge though, it can just end the game out of nowhere in this deck. Also, this deck really needs card draw since we can be casting multiple cards from our hand for free in a single turn, so although Phyrexian Arena has the downside, I think I'm gonna keep it, at least until I find something better.