Creature — Cat Archer
When Stalking Leonin enters the battlefield, secretly choose an opponent.
Reveal the player you chose: Exile target creature that's attacking you if it's controlled by the chosen player. Activate this ability only once.
Printings View all
|Commander 2017 (C17)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Stalking Leonin occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.01%
Stalking Leonin Discussion
7 hours ago
I would go with Arahbo, Roar of the World and with a tactic of always having one or two cats on the field trying to hit people. Go tall. Alms Collector , Enlightened Ascetic , Kinjalli's Sunwing , Lost Leonin , Skyhunter Skirmisher , Stalking Leonin , Temur Sabertooth , Whitemane Lion , some ramp, removals, protection, a board wipe or two and some equipment. would take out Jareth, Leonine Titan because too much mana, Jazal Goldmane, Nacatl War-Pride , Qasali Slingers and Jedit Ojanen of Efrava for the same reason. Also cool are Heroic Intervention and Selesnya Charm. Stave Off has a cat on it.
2 weeks ago
Its funny you said that. Because when I was looking at that card Stalking Leonin I was thinking the same thing, but more so how good it is 1v1. So I bought a playset
2 weeks ago
Also just going to put out how strong Stalking Leonin is in Legacy. Also you can flicker it with Felidar Guardian and pump it with King of the Pride. All uncounterable with Aether Vial/Cavern of Souls which this deck needs but I forgot in the two seconds I took to write it up
3 weeks ago
RNR_Gaming Funny story, I literally removed all 3 of those in the last edit.
The deck is very much built for 1 vs 1 and loses a lot of its' effectiveness the more people added, and the less players the less value Oreskos Explorer has. That combined with a pretty low CMC, I decided to test without it.
Qasali Slingers was removed simply to lower CMC.
Stalking Leonin was removed as the less players, the less effective again as the deck is much more suited to 1 vs 1.
If I'm playing 4+ people I'm going to play something that goes infinite most likely.
I think all 3 are great cards, and were my mind going another direction with the deck, would all likely see inclusion.
3 weeks ago
Oreskos Explorer is a decent value creature and should almost always trigger at least once since white-base is typically on the back foot.
Qasali Slingers - is 5cmc but its aura shards with legs and for cats.
Stalking Leonin - is a cool way to mitigate some attackers and is potentially really good removal
3 weeks ago
Your opponents were correct.
Even though in 2HG, your opponents attack as a unit and you and your teammate defend as a unit, "attacking players" and "defending players" are still separate. When your opponents attack your team, they determine which of the two of you each creature is attacking specifically (or your planeswalkers, if relevant).
When you reveal the player you chose, you can only exile a creature that's attacking you directly, not your teammate (or any of your planeswalkers, per the Leonin's own ruling).
Your opponents' creatures were not attacking you, they were attacking your teammate, so Stalking Leonin's ability doesn't work on the attackers.
- 805.10b As the declare attackers step begins, the active team declares attackers. For each attacking creature, the attacking team announces which defending player or planeswalker that creature is attacking. The active team has one combined attack, and that set of attacking creatures must be legal as a whole. See rule 508.1. (emphasis added)
3 weeks ago
I was playing 2HG and I had Stalking Leonin out, with one of the two players on the other team selected. They attacked my teammate, and said that since they were attacking him, I couldn't use his ability. I don't remember the outcome but I remember thinking that was really unintuitive
Is this how it works? Or would I be able to use Stalking Leonin's ability regardless. I'm confused by it because effects saying that I can't be attacked unless ___ still apply for both of us
UsagiBlade on meow
10 months ago
Cards to consider adding:
- Fleecemane Lion Should have been in the precon, really good cat
- Leonin Warleader
- Regal Caracal
- Prowling Serpopard
- Lost Leonin
- Chameleon Colossus
- Adorned Pouncer
- Lifecrafter's Bestiary cheap and effective card draw
- Swords to Plowshares Best removal spell in EDH
- Beast Within Also quite good removal since it can remove any nonland permanent
- Eladamri's Call Get the best creature for the current situation out of the deck
- Open the Armory Get the best equipment from the deck
Cards to consider cutting:
- Stalking Leonin Ability is a bit to narrow against multiple opponents
- Pouncing Cheetah Not good enough for its mana costs
- Watchers of the Dead Opponent can choose what cards he keeps
- Phantom Nishoba Not good enough for 7 mana
- Raksha Golden Cub Needs to be equipped to be good, otherwise a 3/4 for 7 mana is really bad.
- Sunspear Shikari
- Vivid Meadow A basic land is better in a two colored deck
- Vivid Grove Same as above
- Saltcrusted Steppe Storage counter lands are not good, a basic land is better here
- Hero's Blade No evasion (trample) or other good effects like Sword of the Animist
- Navigator's Compass 3 life once doesn't make any difference overall and it doesn't produce mana on its own like Selesnya Signet