|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Commander Anthology 2018 (CM2)||Uncommon|
|Commander 2016 (C16)||Uncommon|
|Khans of Tarkir (KTK)||Uncommon|
Combos Browse all
Brave the Sands
Creatures you control have vigilance.
Each creature you control can block an additional creature.
Brave the Sands Discussion
1 hour ago
Notes: This deck has an absurdly low curve, and wants it's ramp in it's 1 slot, if it has much at all. Most good options are going to be a bit expensive if they're any good. Card draw shouldn't be a problem...pay attention to what problems you run into while playing. Are you stalling for a way to push through? Do you need creature removal that isn't board clear? ETC.
4 days ago
I would remove some of the creatures and up the land count to 36 or 37 since I don't think 29 lands is a very good idea.
Panharmonicon would be a good card to add since you will draw 2 with arcades when a defender enters.
Slaughter the Strong would be another good board wipe to add into the deck.
Angelic Chorus is another good addition so you can gain a nice amount of life whenever one of your walls enters.
5 days ago
@vehiclemaster - I had Exsanguinate before in this deck, but i removed it since i rarely use it even before as a finisher.. but should I feel that I rarely win due to lacking finishers, I might add it back or Torment of Hailfire or both.. thanks!
@VEILofAUTUMN - I prefer Swiftfoot Boots over Lightning Greaves for this particular deck, since i have spells that i need to target my creature/s. I also prefer Serra's Blessing and Brave the Sands over Cathar's Shield and Accorder's Shield , since it harder to remove enchantments than artifacts and both enchantments covers my whole board.. Slagwurm Armor though might replace my Ensouled Scimitar .. So far, when I play, I rarely use its activated ability, and Slagwurm Armor has lower cmc to put in the battlefield, which opens for more mana to cast other spells.. Thanks for the suggestions!
1 month ago
1 month ago
I was thinking of building a gwyn deck as well. Here are some cards I think could be cool to run in this deck. Obviously a lot of options.
- Colossus Hammer - this was built for syr gwyn in mind
- Explorer's Scope - ramp, always important
- Heartseeker - with gwyn, tap to kill target creature
- Surestrike Trident - if you have this and Colossus Hammer it reads, each creature taps to deal 10+ damage to an opponent.
- Ogre's Cleaver - cheap artifact and now free equip
- Haunted Cloak
- Infiltration Lens
- Vorrac Battlehorns - if you want to be mean, put this on syr gwyn
- Loxodon Warhammer
- Chariot of Victory
- Fleetfeather Sandals
- Moonsilver Spear - doesn't fit the theme but flying angels are always fun
- Scythe of the Wretched - this plus Grappling Hook means steal any creature you can kill that isn't tapped
- Strata Scythe - pick the best color of the three. keep in mind this includes lands opponents control
- Authority of the Consuls - slow everyone and gain life
- Blind Obedience - slow everyone down while draining them and gaining life
- Brave the Sands - never worry about swinging each turn and make chump blockers able to block two huge creatures
- Sigarda's Aid - just amazing
- Leonin Shikari - not a knight but now you can switch equipment for free in combat before damage is dealt
- Midnight Reaper
- Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw
- Knight of Grace
- Josu Vess, Lich Knight - late game win condition
- Mirran Crusader
- Vona, Butcher of Magan
- Fiendslayer Paladin
- Silverblade Paladin
Required are Syr Gwyn, Hero of Ashvale and Surestrike Trident . Then you can just go down the line of creatures attaching all of your power increasing equipment and tapping them for tons of damage. If you have Leonin Shikari and Brave the Sands out, then you can all out attack and then do the tapping out on the endstep before your turn. If you don't have Surestrike Trident but instead have Heartseeker then you can just kill a creature for each one you control.
2 months ago
- Ancestral Blade
- Explorer's Scope
- Hero's Blade
- Mask of Immolation
- Quest for the Holy Relic
- Belle of the Brawl
- Skyknight Legionnaire
De lo que tengo yo, agregaría:
Orientando hacia equipos:
Orientando hacia tribal caballeros:
2 months ago
Along with untap shenanigans you could run some vigilance so that your vehicles can be animated on other turns as blockers. Things like Brave the Sands (on point for flavor), Heliod, God of the Sun and Angelic Field Marshal . Also Mirri, Weatherlight Duelist is a great defensive creature to crew your vehicles with.
3 months ago
Misc - Sigarda's Aid , Arcbound Ravager , Inkmoth Nexus , Gideon, Ally of Zendikar , Gideon Blackblade , Shimmer Myr , Scrap Trawler , Myr Retriever , Mikaeus, the Lunarch , Mycosynth Golem , Etched Champion , God-Eternal Oketra , Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite , City of Shadows , Brave the Sands , Duelist's Heritage , Heliod, God of the Sun , Baneslayer Angel , Archangel of Tithes , Sublime Archangel , Platinum Angel , Platinum Emperion , Odric, Master Tactician , Angel of Jubilation
Artifacts - Akroma's Memorial , O-Naginata , Inspiring Statuary , Blade of Selves , Godsend , Bloodthirsty Blade , Bloodforged Battle-Axe , Helm of the Host , Paradise Mantle , The Immortal Sun , Alhammarret's Archive
Protection - Selfless Spirit , Faith's Shield , Rebuff the Wicked , Avacyn, Angel of Hope , Leonin Abunas , Leyline of Sanctity , Indomitable Archangel , Mother of Runes , Giver of Runes , Divine Deflection ,
Brave the Sands occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.02%