|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Dragons of Tarkir||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Secure the Wastes
Put X 1/1 white Warrior creature tokens onto the battlefield.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (10)||thealsoblivion , Spinalripper , brokendwarf , gildan_bladeborn , jhTheMan99 , Lifa , ironax , philktoken8998 , clayperce , Venser_the_Sojoner|
Secure the Wastes Discussion
6 days ago
The greatest advantage of Mono White Tokens is that it can be all-out aggro.
Since you won't be using the Black cards from BW Tokens, you could take advantage of the biggest (and kinda only) advantage in going Mono-White: go aggro.
There's also the possibility for Soul Warden and get some life out of it too.
1 week ago
Ah, sorry. Thought it was since i'm running white. Will change to Secure the Wastes if that is the case. Thanks!
1 week ago
1 week ago
I don't think Jeskai Draw-Go is too poor of a choice. I'd say it's just as good as other control decks you could be playing, and has meaningful advantages over those other decks. If you build a Secure the Wastes version or one featuring Keranos, God of Storms, you get an extraordinary amount of inevitability that can be quite valuable. Of course, you aren't lacking for interaction with aggressive strategies, either.
1 week ago
Alex here, here's my advice
What should go:
-Doesn't really fit the objective of the deck or get made better by other cards in the deck.
-You probably were already getting around to cutting this. It's good for a 60 card format, but not so much for EDH.
-I feel like this might screw you over since you don't have a ton of recursion and you could be drawing your opponents into good cards. You're in blue, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding a replacement. I'd suggest Fact or Fiction and/or Steam Augury and if you'd like to spend a bit more, Rhystic Study is amazing (for you).
-Grasp of Fate is strictly better.
-A landwipe, mana rock, or control piece would do you much better.
-Might be better to replace with a rock, since that land will probably get destroyed.
-A bit hard to cast in three colors, perhaps replace with a draw engine.
-I see that you figured he can get the most out of your lands before they get wiped, but once your lands are destroyed, he'll be a dead card for the most part.
-Not sure how useful this one can be, I think a more controlly creature would help you more. Replace with Windborn Muse maybe?
For Your Consideration:
Gilded Lotus (Kinda pricey)
Enlightened Tutor (Kinda pricey)
Also get around to upgrading your mana base. I'm sure you know how to do so but either way, the vivid, pain, and scry lands are great on a budget and there should be more like them. Keep it up bro
2 weeks ago
hey i definately like this deck i was considering a alternate win deck.
you might thank me or not for this but im going to give you lots of potential cards for this deck that are budget/semi-budget (note some of my ideas will not work in this deck ofcoarse)(they will be catergorized by each win con)
almost all of them
- Diabolic Tutor (just another plane old find anything you want card)
- Last Chance or/and Final Fortune you just cast it when you have a win con from you list ready then at the extra turn upkeep you win (examples: epic struggle = 20 creatures, test of endurance with 50+ life.) and not to mention you have Platinum Angel in the deck if its out it will counters the you lose part of both of them when the turn ends. see for yourself http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/259040-final-fortune-platinum-angel
- now lets begin
Azor's Elocutors/Darksteel reactor
- Infinite Reflection
- http://magiccards.info/query?q=ct%3Aenter+ct%3Athe+ct%3Abattlefield+ct%3Aas+ct%3Aa+ct%3Acopy&v=card&s=cname (the ones that can turn into creatures)
Test of Endurance/Felidar Sovereign/Celestial Convergence
- Wall of Reverence
- True Conviction
- Kambal, Consul of Allocation
- Alhammarret's Archive
- Aetherflux Reservoir (not to mention its another target opponent loses category card)
- Vampire Hexmage (celstial covergence only)
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice
- Ghave, Guru of Spores + Cathars' Crusade
- Parallel Lives (the cheapest one of the permanents that double dip your tokens.)
- Rith, the Awakener
- Second Harvest
- Avenger of Zendikar
- Secure the Wastes
- Verdant Force
- Chasm Skulker (have lots of draw cards)
- Amulet of Vigor (so the gates don't enter tapped thats all)
- Expedition Map
- Tempt with Discovery
- Splendid Reclamation (if you got all of them to the graveyard plus with the amulet you can get the win since you will definately have the mana)
- Sylvan Scrying
- Gatecreeper Vine
- Animist's Awakening
- Into the Wilds
- Paradox Engine + card drawer and bouncer to recast. (while its cheap and if you have enough non mana tappers)
- all the ones from mazes end section
- the proliferate cards from earlier (proliferate doesn't target so i can hit it.)-Cryptolith Rite + the ones from epic struggle and the paradox engine-Everflowing Chalice-Mana Flare or/and Zendikar Resurgent
Mechanized production/hellkite tyrant
Mortal kombat:pretty much any one creature from this list
- Arcanis the Omnipotent (basicly so you can activate a draw when you have 0 cards in the library from any other spell.)
- Spoils of the Vault or/and Demonic Consultation
- Paradigm Shift
- Inverter of Truth (its 1 mana cost cheaper than the leveler)
- almost any hydra that can easily hit 20 power best choice is Kalonian Hydra
- Colossus of Akros (just make him monstrous that's it)
- Serra Avatar (you just need 10 or more life and keeping him alive)
- Phyrexian Processor
- Toxic Deluge then the extra turn card from eariler
- Phyrexian Unlife (just a safety net)
and finally the lose con cards
- then you can do any of the below
- Demonic Pact (when you lose the game is the last one to pick)
- Forbidden Crypt
- Immortal Coil
- Nefarious Lich
- i would suggest Transcendence but im not thats horrible
- and for the grand finale Phage the Untouchable + Rogue's Passage
hope this is to a help to you.
2 weeks ago
Have you tested running some more Assault Formation alongside Natural Affinity for an unexpected win with Tower Defense or Hold the Gates? I feel like having a post-board state where the creatures appear from nowhere- Cobra Trap or Secure the Wastes style to deal with the inevitble Wrath of God coming in from sideboard could be good. It could also help free up those lower creature slots for some Languish and Yahenni's Expertise type area removal to deal with faster aggro. Might try putting it together to see what it would look like. Anyways, loving the deck idea.
3 weeks ago
What's the rationale for Indrik Umbra?