Torment of Hailfire
Repeat the following process X times. Each opponent loses 3 life unless that player sacrifices a nonland permanent or discards a card.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Torment of Hailfire Discussion
2 hours ago
Re:Coronox: So far, the main wincons for me have been huge spells like Cruel Ultimatum, Rite of Replication, Time Stretch, Torment of Hailfire, Bribery, etc. Inalla functions as a value engine to grind extra value out of quality ETB Wizards, especially things like Arcaeomancer, Chronomancer, Snapcaster, and Dualcaster to increase the uses I out of the bombshell spells. So far, the list has been playing like a less explosive, but more consistent and resilient version of Jelava. I've been a bit too busy lately to update my list to reflect these changes though, I'll try to update that after my next round of testing.
3 hours ago
Personally I would run 1 or 2 cards of win condition. Maybe a couple Glorybringer, Noxious Gearhulk, or Torment of Hailfire. I feel like your early game control is epic with baral. I would just be worried that I wouldn't get bolas or get him with not enough mana. Also this is just me, if it's working well for you, great.
2 days ago
Hey there, new Planeswalker! Always great to see new faces to the game! If you feel like spending a little more money, I would reccommend putting in dual lands in your mana base. Hissing Quagmire and Blooming Marsh (4 each) are the best dual lands for Standard. I would also reccommend putting in a playset of Aether Hubs for additional mana-fixing. Having the right colors for your spells at all times is incredibly important; getting color-screwed is one of the worst things that can happen during a game.
A really fun finisher is Torment of Hailfire. Cast this thing on turn 7 or 8, and your opponent will be in for a Hail of a ride (ba dum tss). I would run 1 or 2 of these to have a little fun. ;)
Also, looking at your sideboard, I think it could use a little work. A sideboard is the most important part of a tournament match; it can make or break a round for you. A good rule of thumb is 5 cards to deal with decks faster than yours, 5 cards to deal with decks slower than yours, and 5 cards to make your deck faster. I'm not very good at sideboarding with Black/Green decks (I'm a Blue/Red Control guy, myself), but some suggestions would be:
- Bristling Hydra: For control decks, Hexproof can be a real pain. Trust me, I've stared down the throat of three of these things at once. It enters the battlefield as a 4/3 for 4 mana which is already pretty reasonable. But paying the 3 energy it comes with to pump it up and prevent your opponent from killing it is REALLY, REALLY good. I would run 3 in sideboard.
- Blossoming Defense: This card also hates on control. Not only is +2/+2 for 1 mana really good, but it also gives your creature hexproof. I would run 2 in the sideboard to fill out the playset.
- Ambuscade + Prey Upon : Both of these are really nice against Aggro matchups, because you can take out an opponent's threat with your own without having to go to combat. 2 Ambuscade, 3 Prey Upon at most.
- Yahenni's Expertise: This card will destroy an aggro deck, or at least mortally wound it. It'll also cripple most midrange decks, as well. But, as a drawback, it might cripple you as well, but once it resolves, you'll be able to cast a creature from your hand for free. I would run 2 of these.
- Crook of Condemnation: Part of sideboarding is anticipating what your opponent will play. If you're interested in going to an FNM, go one night, but don't play- scout out what people there are playing, then build your sideboard accordingly. You'll probably see a lot of zombie decks, and Crook of Condemnation can eliminate threats from the graveyard, like Cryptbreaker or Relentless Dead. And trust me, you'll want those "GONE gone". Play 1 or 2 of these.
That's really all I can think of, otherwise this is a pretty solid deck. This is really impressive for a first build- nice job, man! As always, good luck, and welcome to the Multiverse!
3 days ago
T4 bolas is nice, also Torment of Hailfire for 10 or so is nice, but for statuary to be effective you would need to build around it. Thats why i went creatureless and control .
3 days ago
Second thing I am not sure where you are getting the energy from, are you meaning to say servo the deck generates no energy but generate servos Herald of Anguish has Improvise not yelling or saying your wrong just want to clear up what you see.
Third thing is as far as Fumigate I have Bontu's Last Reckoning I could add another I know the mana doesn't untap for a turn but I can cast it and still have mana free to pump creatures for a big attack after, but I do see what your saying I would be able to gain life, Right now I feel like the low cost seems better they have to rebuild and in most cases your creatures will still be standing because of Indestructible the mana not untapping does suck plz give me your thoughts on this.
3 days ago
When you cast a spell or activate an ability with X in its cost, you first declare the value of X. When you get to paying costs (the last step in the casting/activation process), you pay for any in the cost according to the value you declared.
If you declare 0 for Torment of Hailfire, you execute the process 0 times.
Remember to check the Gatherer rulings before posting a question. Gatherer rulings include FAQs and other relevant clarifications that answer most questions typically asked about specific cards.
6/27/2017: If X is 0, Torment of Hailfire resolves with no effect.
3 days ago
How does Torment of Hailfire works?A guy told me the x only represent the number of time i wanna repeat the effect and even if i don't pay it the effect will still activate once is it true ?
4 days ago
Get rid of Phenax, God of Deception for sure. Your amount of creatures won't benefit. Mystical Tutor just as a tutor and Dreadbore for a decent form of removal. Nightscape Familiar is helpful due to it making Blue and Red spells cost one less. Toxic Deluge. Echo Mage if you're able to level him up in time. Torment of Hailfire as another card to fill mana into. At the moment, I cannot think of anything else.