|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Hour of Devastation (HOU)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
Torment of Hailfire
Repeat the following process X times. Each opponent loses 3 life unless that player sacrifices a nonland permanent or discards a card.
|Have (5)||metalmagic , Rageface090 , rockleemyhero , Thunderbeard ,|
|Want (8)||__juanthebeaver27 , xbskiracer , metalmustaine , VonBears , Jbarino , Cryogenical , deman464 , calovr|
Torment of Hailfire Discussion
19 hours ago
Quick addendum after some more playtesting!
Some more thoughts on the long-term future of the deck, and some quality-of-life improvements:
- Boseiju, Who Shelters All : while it doesn't stop a Venser, Shaper Savant , it does stop the vast majority of counters from interacting with a big Exsanguinate or Torment of Hailfire . This doesn't feel great though as an early game draw, and the land base does feel a little stretched at the moment. This might not be an inclusion until after another lookover of the land base.
- Volrath's Stronghold : This could be a land substitute for Journey to Eternity Flip, allowing you to recycle creatures without having to go through the two-step process of flipping the aura.
- Beseech the Queen : Another possible tutor that can hit anything in the deck including land, not a bad topdeck lategame to find a finisher.
- Veil of Summer : I'm not 100% sold on this but it makes your spells uncounterable for a turn, on top of this it stops most spells that interact with land (such as Assassin's Trophy and Vindicate ) on top of stopping blue targeted bounce effects like Venser, Shaper Savant .
- Mirage Mirror : I was initially skeptical of this card, however after seeing it in play I'm not against it's inclusion in this archetype, the main consideration will be what is the appropriate cut?
Nevertheless, I think the deck is hitting a nice balance of keeping true to theme but remaining competitiveness at the moment.
Strangelove on Yarok
3 days ago
I saw your reddit post and I wanted to be encouraging and say this list looks good! It is just like Amaz's Yarok | Game Knights #28.
If Commandeer is your pet favorite, I'd say "thievery" is your guidepost for this deck.
Definitely play Lotus Cobra .
Most of what I listed are just extra wincons. 'Seems like you're doing fine. I don't see anything too funky (eg. Lifeline ).
I'd recommend putting together a list of anything that catches your eye so you have a pool of 100-200 cards to brew from.
6 days ago
Some card suggestions... Creatures: Captivating Vampire Patron of the Vein Anowon, the Ruin Sage Rhox Faithmender The Haunt of Hightower Necropolis Regent Bloodline Necromancer Serra Ascendant Instants: Path to Exile Beacon of Immortality Return to Dust Teferi's Protection Sorceries: Exsanguinate Death Grasp Torment of Hailfire Merciless Eviction Artifacts: Well of Lost Dreams Lightning Greaves Illusionist's Bracers
6 days ago
I've seen her built as a lands deck pretty effectively. You play landfall effects, cards that give you extra land drops, then refill your hand every turn. That ramps you pretty well into Villainous Wealth and Torment of Hailfire
6 days ago
Guys, ireally don't know with what i'm going to replace PE. I'm thinking about changing the deck a little bit though.
bushido_man96, chains is out of my budget. :(
1 week ago
SCORE: 3 | 2 COMMENTS | 130 VIEWS | IN 1 FOLDER
For this deck, however it just doesn't do enough. The biggest snag is the fact that it is worded "player sacrifices a nonland permanent" which means they don't have to sac a creature.
1 week ago
Try Torment of Hailfire . The opponent loses life unless they sacrifice a creature or discard a card, and all of the options help you.
1 week ago
hkhssweiss, it's been awhile, my dude.
After more than half a year, the deck has evolved into something vastly different from what I was playing. My meta shifted, so I had to grow with it. And because I haven't been online for quite sometime, at least half of the old deck is gone. I decided to just re-do the list instead of posting updates -- but I will push to post updates from this point on.
I like Ob Nixilis, Unshackled but he's going into the mono black reanimator deck that I'm rebuilding with Yawgmoth, Thran Physician at the helm. Go for the Throat was at some point in the deck, but I tend to keep the only the most versatile; especially when it comes to removal.
Torment of Hailfire occurrence in decks from the last year
Commander / EDH:
All decks: 0.07%
UBR (Grixis): 0.52%