|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Born of the Gods||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Legendary Creature — Cat Soldier
Whenever Brimaz, King of Oreskos attacks, put a 1/1 white Cat Soldier creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield attacking.
Whenever Brimaz blocks a creature, put a 1/1 white Cat Soldier creature token with vigilance onto the battlefield blocking that creature.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (11)||gildan_bladeborn , Swamy , TheAnnihilator , , tragic_slip , mentor6 , brokendwarf , , Spinalripper , golgarigirl , philktoken8998|
|Want (5)||bradyofportdetroit , Kravian , redlegs_17 , TheRealPeaches , fireborne1986|
Brimaz, King of Oreskos Discussion
1 day ago
I'm going to agree with seshiro on cutting the lense-pyxis combo. Yes, it helps you sort through your deck, but if you only have one or the other on the feild you're not going to be getting much done. On another note, you are really going to have to cut back on the late game just a tad. You need some way to stop opponents from setting up unstoppable boards while you create yours. MindStone is one of my favorite cards for ramp because it comes out T2 and can be sacrificed later for draw power. Immolating Glare or Celestial Flare can help stop attackers, and Slumbering Dragon can deter them in the first place. Rootborn Defenses can help keep your tokens alive, while adding another one onto the board.
Basically, here are the cards I recommend you take out:
- -1 Assemble the Legion
- -4 Lens of Clarity
- -4 Pyxis of Pandemonium
- I don't know about Madcap Experiment because you have no way to compensate for the life you could lose. I'd drop both and just find another card to fetch your artifacts.
This leaves between 9 and 11 spaces for you to add cards in. My suggestions:
2 days ago
1 week ago
I'm a little too Spikey myself to have a truly terrible pet card, but Brimaz, King of Oreskos and Obzedat, Ghost Council are for sure my favorite "pet" cards I have. Still want to make a bad ass deck with both of them in Modern, which I think both have enough power for. Dead-Guy Ale for the win!
1 week ago
do you ever try Brimaz, King of Oreskos as the commander?
2 weeks ago
So I'm new to the format (been a long time Modern player) and I managed to convince my friends to get into EDH as well while they were completely losing interest in MTG.
I'm the most experienced player in my playgroup and helped everyone to find their commander and tune their deck. However, I just can't seem to find something for me.
I'd say I'm more of a // player, with a preference for & as they fit my personality very well. That being said, I'm interested in all kinds of play styles and colors and I feel like EDH would be the chance for me to try out new things and go wild. I especially love chaos cards (Possibility Storm, Hive Mind, you name it.) and commanders that aren't overplayed (so no Atraxa).
So far I've built:
- The Mimeoplasm has amazing colors and abilities for example, but I can't decide if I wanna go full fun or not. Also, it has so many possibilities I can't pick 99 cards to keep...
- Feldon of the Third Path is typically the kind of cards I love but gets too repetitive imo.
- Keranos, God of Storms sticks for a long time and alows me to go chaos, but it's ability is a bit boring.
- Krond the Dawn-Clad is flavorful a.f. but 6 mana's a lot and going all voltron isn't my idea of fun.
- Intet, the Dreamer is amazing fun but 6 mana for a 6/6 with no protection and that requires you to pay 3 more mana every time to activate its ability is too much to ask.
- Riku of Two Reflections drove me crazy. Too many possibilities.
- Rashmi, Eternities Crafter is nice too, but a bit weak. Also, since I added Leviathans and Krakens to the deck I just can't decide anymore.
I've read tons of threads of other people experiencing the same problem (and the 'top-bottom' / 'bottom-top' solution) but I'd like to know what you guys would advise. I also know this will probably not be the only EDH deck I build, but I want to know how you guys do it so I don't invest money into something I won't like - done it in modern already.
I love the deckbuilding process but just can't get to finish a deck. I pick a commander, find about 90-100 cards from the top of my head and then go check EDHREC and discover 40-50 more cards to add with great synergy. Then I end up with 150 cards and since I just can't sort them out correctly I completely lose it and abandon the deck.
Did you guys experience the same thing? What was your solution? How do you stick to one strategy? Thanks! :)
I feel I'm about to go crazy with this format :)
PS : last guy I'm on is Brimaz, King of Oreskos. I find him OP as hell for its CMC, has lots of flavor and think he's decent for both 1v1 and multiplayer games. Would he be too weak for a format like EDH?
2 weeks ago
I feel as if you need more creatures, because unless you're planning to go all in on Kemba, an equipments deck is no good unless you have creatures to equip your equipments to. You can run Raksha Golden Cub, Leonin Abunas, Stone Haven Outfitter, Stonehewer Giant, Sram, Senior Edificer, and Taj-Nar Swordsmith. You also can toss in Brimaz, King of Oreskos, for more cat tokens
Nahiri, the Lithomancer is a nice way to pump out equipments faster.
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
When I came here I was expecting to get a pretty mediocre feel at best, but you my friend, have a gem here! Congratulations on being daring enough to play this enchantment backed Adriana! +1
I have a few suggestions though:
- Brimaz, King of Oreskos: more tokens.
- Darien, King of Kjeldor: a very dissuasive pillow fort card.
- Mentor of the Meek: you need this. Card draw wan never overrated.
- Martial Coup: never hurt to have a reset button that leaves you free to bash skulls afterwards.
I would have loved to have someone piloting such a deck in my LGS :)