|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Theros (THS)||Mythic Rare|
Combos Browse all
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Legendary Enchantment Creature — God
As long as your devotion to red is less than five, Purphoros isn't a creature.
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, Purphoros deals 2 damage to each opponent.
2R: Creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
Purphoros, God of the Forge Discussion
3 days ago
I think there are good reasons not to run Ryusei. Mono-Red is a particularly mediocre colour, as it lacks card draw, interaction with enchantments, and is generally limited to short-term mana ramp. That is not to say there are not mono-Red decks that can work. I have seen some explosive Purphoros, God of the Forge and Neheb, the Eternal decks, but these play directly to Red’s strengths - making a huge number of small creatures or large, mutual damage spells respectively.
Ryusei does nothing particularly interesting. It effectively is a 5/5 flyer with an ability making it dangerous to kill. It does not give access to many cards that allow you to safely abuse the death ability to your advantage.
Frankly, I see it as a worse version of Child of Alara. While the wrath ability of Ryusei is less devestating to your side of the board, Child of Alara gives access to all five colours (including ramp).
All that said, I am sure a fun casual deck could be built around Ryusei, and I would be curious to see what kind of list you come up with!
6 days ago
Warriors are fairly aggressive, I would recommend cutting down to 36 lands.
Purphoros, God of the Forge can take advantage of the tokens you are making. Ruric Thar, the Unbowed punishes your opponents for playing non creature spells (he can hit you, but it is totally worth it).
I've made a pretty decent Najeela warrior EDH, there are more cards in the deck that I didn't mention that you might find useful.
Commander / EDH*
SCORE: 5 | 5 COMMENTS | 138 VIEWS | IN 2 FOLDERS
I would definitely recommend taking a look at my deck, it might give you some more ideas (and it would help me out too ;P).
6 days ago
Reconnaissance...if you have Edgar out it can help pump up even if you cannot swing through.
Homeward Path is good just in case.
Urza's Incubator or Herald's Horn for ramp are great options and lastly...Patriarch's Bidding has saved my butt many times running tribal.
If you end up with a full graveyard, this card can end a game.
Sorry for the long post. I just ended up with a lot of ideas from my experience running vamp-tribal.
1 week ago
Biggest issue I see here is a lack of focus and not enough creatures for a creatures only matter deck.
Animar, Soul of Elements wants two main things: Cast creatures and get +1/+1 counters to cast larger creatures. Everything in the deck should be focused on those two goals.
Setting up the deck to achieve this purpose will make it efficient and powerful. All cards should therefore do one of the following:
- Ramp up to Animar.
- Protect Animar.
- Place counters on Animar.
- Cast game ending creatures for cheap or free.
- Draw cards to allow us to do 1 through 4.
Priority should be given to cards that does something now > does something before your next turn > does something on your next turn > does something eventually.
Because Animar offers a discount based on creatures played, the deck shouldn't be filled with only high cmc game enders, but creatures from low to high cmc, preferably with as little colored mana symbols as possible, to give the deck a natural progression to casting free or cheap high cmc game ending creatures.
Let's split the deck into 3 parts. Pre-Animar setup, Post-Animar setup, Finale.
Note that $: (0 to 0.99), $$: (1.00 to 4.99), $$$: (5.00 to 9.99), $$$$: (10.00 to 19.99), !$!: (20.00+)
Unnecessary on a computer, very helpful on a phone.
- Exotic Orchard is pretty good and cheap and can usually offer every color in multiplayer, especially if an opponent has a Command Tower out or even a Vivid Grove without even needing charge counters. - Kazoo lands such as Simic Growth Chamber, Izzet Boilerworks, and Gruul Turf are good in casual EDH where there is lack of land destruction and they artifically increase your deck ammount by posing as two lands in one. Though overall you do not want too many tap lands as you'll constantly be a entire turn behind.
- Zhur-Taa Druid creature ramp & burn. $
- Bloom Tender creature ramp. !$!
- Coiling Oracle ramp or card draw. $
- Cyclonic Rift removal or 1-sided board wipe. $$$$
- Explore ramp and card Draw. $
- Sakura-Tribe Elder creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Sylvan Caryatid creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Beastcaller Savant creature ramp and color fix. $$
- Kiora's Follower creature ramp or vigilance on a stick. $
- Rattleclaw Mystic creature ramp and color fix. $
- Walking Atlas potentially free creature ramp. $
- Simic Charm so versatile. $
- Lightning Greaves Protection and quick haste for a large creature. $$
- Spellskite For those , & removals. $$$
- Ring of Kalonia Ramp every turn and makes Animar a lot more threatening. $
- Sage of Fables Emergency card draw. $$
- Pestermite Vigilance, chump blocker vs flying or stopping a giant creature. $
- Guided Passage One of the best card draw and pick your poison spells ever. $$
- Pir, Imaginative Rascal A creature hardened scales and specific tutor. $$
- Cloudstone Curio An auto include if you can afford it. $$$$
- Temur Ascendancy Makes all your casted creatures threatening and some card draw. $
- Phyrexian Metamorph Costs 2 life and can do so much for you. $$$
- Solemn Simulacrum Free ramp, chump blocker and card draw. $$
- Faerie Artisans It doesn't look like much, this is card can get crazy. $$
- Toothy, Imaginary Friend A growing monstrocity that explodes into cards. $$
- Silent Arbiter Protection against swarm decks. $$
- Xenagos, God of Revels Game ender. $$
- Vesuvan Shapeshifter On your upkeep, you may pay to clone the biggest and baddest mofo on the field. $
- Deepglow Skate Potential huge ramp for just . $$$
- Progenitor Mimic Very dangerous to copy one of the heavy hitters in this deck. $$
- Consecrated Sphinx All the card draw. $$$
- Deadwood Treefolk Repeatable creature recusion. $
- Steel Hellkite Situational, but very deadily against token decks. $
- Great Oak Guardian Great, quick surprise block when tapped out. $
- Pathbreaker Ibex Quick, game ender. $$
- Thunderfoot Baloth Setup for getting past defenses. $$
- Scourge of the Throne Depending on the situation, can be deadly. !$!
1 week ago
Burn baby burn
1 week ago
I would think about infinite haste tokens combos. Dualcaster Mage + Twinflame for the win for only 5 mana. If you play Purphoros, God of the Forge you can win without swinging. Does he play the Mindslicer lock too
1 week ago
Gamble is really good in the deck as well, esp on turn one when u have 7 in hand
for wizard or altar i would cut Relentless Assault, its good but it doesnt synergize well with the token strat
Purphoros, God of the Forge is an absolute beast in krenko, and theres an infinite Lightning Bolt combo that i dont see here, it involves Lightning Crafter + Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker to create a token of crafter and champion kiki, then sac the token to an outlet like Skirk Prospector to bring kiki in untapped and get infinite damage, etb and mana!