|Commander / EDH||Legal|
Printings View all
|Magic Origins (ORI)||Rare|
|Magic 2015 (M15)||Rare|
|Tenth Edition (10E)||Rare|
|Ninth Edition (9ED)||Rare|
Combos Browse all
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add or to your mana pool. Battlefield Forge deals 1 damage to you.
Price & Acquistion Set Price Alerts
|Have (43)||RedLion , Caldazar , voidruby , Mousemke , thetechzombie , pskinn01 , abby315 , Swamy , Yawkcorb , , saj0219 , PhyrexianScience , Vasbear1 , , Sparky41 , MattN7498 , tlhunter07 , Candyman949 , DudeMan1031 , orzhov_is_relatively_okay819 , perrin515 , ajc3527 , Bovine073 , geazykagar , Ellyreia , Dr_Jay , KipIsKosher , pokemate0 , Nemesis , mentor6 , Dawnsly , TehDelta , Famicomania , frederiklw , mziter501 , Venser_the_Sojoner , Unlife , GoldGhost012 , Lucretian , TheRealPeaches , jhTheMan99 , Hootiequack , Justinaut|
|Want (2)||Clawsun73 , bradyofportdetroit|
Battlefield Forge Discussion
4 weeks ago
As for non-basics on a budget, you have Command Tower, Path of Ancestry, Unclaimed Territory, Boros Garrison, Temple of Triumph, Battlefield Forge, Needle Spires. Evolving Wilds and Terramorphic Expanse are solid.
Inspiring Vantage and Clifftop Retreat aren't hyper-expensive but for a budget deck you could just run regular tap dual lands (Stone Quarry, Wind-Scarred Crag, etc.) and be competitive enough. Depends on your playgroup.
4 weeks ago
Hi! Fun deck in my favorite tri-color combo! Let's see if I cant't help ya out!
usually I give suggestions for decks as a whole, but seeing how your mana base is just basics, I'll focus on that instead so as not to info dump haha
This is the basic template for a mana base that I use. It's consistent but not optimal; it gets the job done.
this list will run you around $50, which is very budget relatively but I understand if that's too much for you at the moment. Investing in your mana base is the safest thing to invenst in because you can use all of these for any other Jeskia build, or scrap the parts for 1-2 other multicolor decks. If you stick with this deck forever that's okay too, because even though you may change the decks' parts, strategy, and synergies, your mana base will remain relatively intact.
Shivan Reef x1
Sulfur Falls x1
5x other utility lands, specific to your commander/strategy
Hope that helps you! Good luck!
1 month ago
Check out this link it has the info you need to link stuff.
Personally I don't see a downside to running the ruins they come in uptapped and the life to pay for red mana is pretty inconsequential when playing aggro. I guess they might be a bit pointless coz your going to need 4 other land to activate them, but if you have 5 land out you've been mana flooded for a burn deck and would probably be happy for the utility.
1 month ago
1 month ago
Justification for some of my less intuitive choices:
- While Thunderous Wrath is a massive pain to have in your opening hand or a landless draw, it's also the greatest feeling ever to win a game out of nowhere by topdecking it (take that, Affinity) and it has the potential to decrease the number of burn spells necessary to kill the opponent by 1 (20 isn't divisible by 3, but 15 is), which can speed up the deck by an entire turn (sometimes more)
- Magma Jet was originally added because I owned it and it has the potential to tee-up a Thunderous Wrath topdeck, but, as I played with it, I noticed that it more frequently acted as a decent means of ensuring that I didn't draw land/spells that I didn't need (or, less often, did draw the land/spells that I did need), which was pretty nice, since I don't have any fetchlands to manafix me or thin lands out of my deck mid-game
- My girlfriend gave me the Incinerates at the last minute before the Grand Prix because the deck wasn't finished yet and I actually encountered situations where the mainboard Regenerate-hate legitimately helped me. I've kept it in because better burn spells cost money and there's a guy at my LGS who plays Ezuri, Renegade Leaders in his Elves deck, so there's that
- Shrine of Burning Rage is in here because I saw a decklist of some guy who was running Shrine of Burning Rages in his Burn deck that took him to the final match of a GP (I think he won it?), liked the reasoning that it gives Burn a way to stand a chance in games that somehow make it past turn 5. It's done quite well for me, outright winning me games several times and almost never sitting in hand or on board as a dead card (it's only a one-of because the LGS that I buy singles from only had one, but they gave it to me for free, so whatever)
- Battlefield Forge isn't great, I know, but it's also cheaper than Sacred Foundry and way cheaper than any Mountain-finding fetchlands so...
- Harsh Mentor is in here because I've noticed that a decent number of home-brews make use of a lot of activated abilities, so I figured I'd try to bring a little bit of hate for that (I'd love to hear other peoples' opinions on this one)
The direction I intend to take this deck as I obtain more money/cards:
- Mountain-finding fetchlands will be added once I have a reasonable, steady income (I'm a college student, not Bill Gates)
- I know that Thunderous Wrath should be a one-of at most, but it's also cheaper than the Goblin Guide that I hope to replace it with soon (I've got a couple of high-value Standard cards that I intend to trade in for more Guides like I did for the first one)
- If I get some fetchlands, then I'll probably be able to cut the Magma Jet
- Shrine of Burning Rage might become a two-of, I'm not sure yet
- The Sweltering Suns are in here because I already owned them and an Anger of the Gods, but I would like to eventually just use 3 copies of Anger of the Gods
- If I obtain the money for fetchlands and more shocklands, I might add green to this deck to replace the Smash to Smithereens with Destructive Revelrys to give me some measure of counter-play against Enchantments (I'm looking at you, Esper Zur)
- I'd like to ditch 1, maybe 2 Searing Blazes and maybe even a Shard Volley, but I don't really know what to switch in for them
1 month ago
1 month ago
Looking nice so far!! Here are some suggestions from my experience, fellow Kaalia player :)
As far as creatures go, pretty much just play the ones you like!
Some less-budget suggestions: Master of Cruelties, pretty much instant kill if they have no blockers. Rune-Scarred Demon, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight, Aurelia, the Warleader, Lord of the Void, Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Gisela, the Broken Blade. Those are some of my favorites. A little heavier on the budget but super fun!
Mid-budget options: Ob Nixilis, Unshackled, Platinum Angel, Anya, Merciless Angel, Mana-Charged Dragon, Rakdos, Lord of Riots, Angel of Despair, Mother of Runes, Deathless Angel, Hellkite Tyrant, Tariel, Reckoner of Souls, Blinding Angel, Overseer of the Damned, Akroma, Angel of Fury.
More budget-friendly options: Angel of Serenity, Angelic Arbiter, Indulgent Tormentor, Reya Dawnbringer, Harvester of Souls, Bloodgift Demon, Exquisite Archangel, Herald of the Host (For multiplayer), Angelic Skirmisher, Bruna, the Fading Light (to pair with Gisela), Seraph of the Sword, Guardian of the Gateless.
There are obviously numerous options as far as creatures go. Those are a couple of mine. But don't go off just what other people say- if you don't like the feel of killing someone outright with Master of Cruelties, don't get him! If you want to play a little more defensive you can run Seraph of the Sword and Guardian of the Gateless or something! Just play what you want to! :)
Not really sure about the curses. I personally probably wouldn't run them, but they seem fun!
Dragon Tempest is a good include. Give all your fliers haste!
You definitely want ramp, and I see you have some. The appropriate signets, Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, probably the cluestones (They can draw you cards, which is usually more useful than getting a small creature until end of turn, as with the keyrunes).
If you're going to spend a little more, the check lands like Clifftop Retreat and Dragonskull Summit are great. Scry lands such as Temple of Malice and be very useful. Obviously fetchlands and shocklands are good, but not friendly to the budget at all. I don't think they're worth it sometimes. But everything is up to you! :)
Hopefully these suggestions help! I've said it a lot, but play whatever you think will be the most fun for you! Good luck in the building process- I'll be following along to see how it goes! :)